[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokecrafts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

File: Pokemon butterfly box.jpg (1MB, 3314x2371px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon butterfly box.jpg
1MB, 3314x2371px
So I just got finished with this project, Butterfly Pokemon Shadow boxes.
Post personal pokcreations
>>
File: Vivillon box.jpg (1MB, 3246x2285px) Image search: [Google]
Vivillon box.jpg
1MB, 3246x2285px
Vivillon gets it's own box.
Made the wings in Photoshop and printed on cardstock, and the bodies are sculpy and wire
>>
>>26412460
>>26412477
this is pretty cool OP
>>
That looks amazing, OP. Did you make them for yourself or do you sell them?
>>
I'd pay good money for those
>>
File: Gloom pipe.png (516KB, 822x576px) Image search: [Google]
Gloom pipe.png
516KB, 822x576px
Here's a pipe I made from sculpy and a small nickle pipe, the drool it hot glue.

>>26412485
Just for myself, might consider selling similar ones in the future.
>>
>>26412520
Would buy/make my own if you posted a guide
>>
>>26412520
>hot glue
this is a blue board
>>
>>26412520
Smoking is for plebs but that is pretty neat guy
>>
>>26412520
>drugs
Haha, enjoy hell.
>>
>>26412460
Dude! As someone who collects insects and fossils (specifically ammonites) this is really impressive! I absolutely love this idea.
>>
>>26412520
I would buy this immediately
>>
>>26412460
>pinning down Volcarona
H-HOW COULD YOU!?
>>
>>26412608
My beetle/dragonfly collection may have inspired the concept.
>>
>>26412645
That's cool as hell. Did you pin/spread them (the real insects) yourself?
>>
>>26412460
Dude this is really cool.
How long did this take you?
>>
>>26412645
>>26412678

The fact that you kill bugs just to pin them and trap them as some deranged art piece sickens me.

What do you get out of it? You treat it like its an achievement, but you end up taking their lives for it?
>>
>>26412678
Yeah, I catch and spread them myself, I've got a couple in resin blocks too though
>>
>>26412696
>Insects live important lives
They weren't even smart enough to fear him.
Fucking kill yourself, hippy scum.
>>
>>26412477
>>26412520
these are really cool
>>
>>26412730
You don't have to be a hippie to care about life sir.

You don't just go to something, catch it and kill it for your own self gratification. Thats called being a murderer. And for what, a nice frame filled with corpses?

Run that one through your head, its no different then pinning up human kids.
>>
>>26412696
This desu, so unnecessary
>>
>>26412696
I'd love to see this concept as a Pokemon villain.
>>
>>26412696
I actually buy them from ethical insect conservatories. And they have died from natural causes. So. Yeah.

Buy buying from ethical sources I'm helping fund the conservatory which in return educates the masses on how to take care of our environment and local animal populations. It also helps keep insect populations at a manageable level.

Please try and do some research before judging.

>>26412721
Man that's really neat! Mad respect to you. I;m hoping to start pinning and doing minor taxidermy work myself in the future.
>>
>>26412460
>>26412477
You should absolutely consider making more of these and selling them man, they're fantastic.
>>
>>26412764
>its no different then pinning up human kids.
Are you comparing intelligent life with fucking insects?
You are a fucking retard.
Are you a vegan, too?
>>
>>26412779
>Intelligent life

Now thats a laugh. jkust because you can't percieve what another creature thinks and acts, its suddenly not intelligent? Are you THAT arrogant a human being to think you're superior to any given creature of god?

Talk about a fucking ego.
>>
>>26412772
You're okay then, But the other guy is a muirderer. trying to justify his uncouth actions.
>>
>>26412777
This
>>
>>26412796
I don't run into a window, realize it's a wall blocking me, and then continue running into it expecting a different result
>>
>>26412779
You better start being careful if lack of intelligence is going to be a pretext to kill things
>>
>>26412820
>>26412777

Don't do this OP. Normally i'd agree, but Nintendo has gone full C&D on any Nintendo products on Etsy/ebay/Deviantart that aren't official license.

Tons of fan projects got shut down last month, including fucking metroid shaped cookie cutters.
>>
>>26412796
Are you stupid as to not understand that cognitive function, while not fully understood, is not something science is ignorant to?

It's objectively true that insects have less intelligence than humans.

It's actually your ego which supplants intelligence as valuable, and necessary for something to be worthy. Intelligence is the trait humans specialize in.
>>
File: DSC_0069.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0069.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
Finally I have a reason to post this. My late father used to have this tool that he could use to carve into glass and he made pic related when I was a little kid, something like 15-17 years ago. He kept it in his house as a decoration until his death and now I have it as a kind of a memorabilia. I mean, it's pretty cool and unique after all.

My father was really good at drawing and he used to make a lot of Pokemon related stuff to me when I was a kid since I kept asking him to do all kinds of shit. However, I don't remember ever requesting this one and I don't remember being a fan of Pidgeot either, so I can only assume that he just wanted to try his glass carving tool and picked his favorite Pokemon from the Pokemon poster that I had on my door.
>>
File: 1383067031278.jpg (22KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
1383067031278.jpg
22KB, 240x237px
>>26412915
>Picture is sideways for no apparent reason
Well, whatever
>>
>>26412909
Yes, but is that grounds for murder? You seem to be skating around the question here. You insist that its okay because insects have a lower intelligence. Why is that suddenly acceptable grounds for killing?
>>
>>26412908
Wouldn't it be cool if you could go to Nintendo with ideas for merchandise and possibly make a deal with them.
>>
>>26412921
Metadata, brah. The photo wasn't saved as 2204s3920, it was saved as 3920x2204 with a flag telling your computer/phone to flip it.
>>
>>26412924
Because lower lifeforms deserve to die
>>
>>26412924
>murder
It's not murder.
Quick, a train is heading for a split! On one end is a kid tied to the track, on the other is a cart of insects!
If you don't pull the lever, the kid will die!
What do you do?
>>
>>26412924
>Yes, but is that grounds for murder?
It's not murder. That's a legal definition we've established for intentional killing another human. Murder =/= manslaughter =/= killing.

You don't understand anything you're trying to argue. Of course it seems like I'm skating around, you throw so much shit down that needs to be unpacked.
>>
>>26412937
Cool beans, Adolf, want some cider to go with that?
>>
>>26412915
really nice! i like it
>>
I kill and eat bugs for fun
>>
Nice job OP.
I'd buy if they were for sale.
>>
>>26412957
The difference is, blacks, fags, Jews, Etc. are all intelligent life.
A nigger feels pain, he is aware of it, he has emotion, he has potential to actually do something important.
>>
>>26412915
Do you still have the tool he used? I'd be interested in seeing it
>>
>>26412460
>>26412477
I like these. Good work OP.
>>
Oh wow, so creative, OP. Can I have your talent?
>>
>>26412974
Nah, it's long gone.
>>
>>26412948
It is murder.. how isn't it? Doesnt matter if the kid dies or the insects, its still murder. its the act of killing. Now yes, you probably would save the kid, why? Because hes one of your own, you feel familiarity to him as a human being, not becuase its the right thing, You know if you save the kid, you'll be doing something accepted as a good deed, hell, your mind is probably focused on getting rewarded for your deeds before th needs of the child.

>>26412951
Murder is murder. its black and white. stop trying to paint a gray area.
>>
>>26412460
>>26412477
>>26412520
Really neat OP, though smoking is disgusting imo.
>>
>>26412520
You aren't supposed to let sculpy near an open flame because the fumes can be toxic. Maybe don't use that.
>>
>>
>>26412994
>Murder is murder.

You're right. Murder is murder. It's only murder. It's not a synonym for killing or death.

You supplanting this repeatedly is 1/3 ego, 1/3 lack of education, and 1/3 willful ignorance.
>>
>>26412460
>>26412520
For the love of God sell these. If you open a shop on Etsy or wherever, post a thread.
>>
>>26412994
But what about you?
One human child or a million insects?
And there is no grey area.
Insects aren't sentient. Killing a bug isn't murder.
>>
File: uncouth.jpg (214KB, 968x603px) Image search: [Google]
uncouth.jpg
214KB, 968x603px
Dragonflies don't live very long (in their adult form) and often die perched on something, they're not too have to spot if you're observant. Same goes for beetles really, these insects are in their adult form and many die shortly after breeding.
>>
>>26413024
>>26413020
I think you guys might be getting baited by a troll. Just stop responding.
>>
>>26413038
*too hard to spot
>>
>>26413024
>insects aren't sentient

By what degree? Because some human scientist said so? Whos to say anything we deem is correct? We're destructive narcisitic creatures with hiogh intelligence, so we deem the rules of reality?

No. Humans don't get that right, only god does. and none of you are god. For all we know insects have a much higher percieveable handle on sub conscious and sentience then any given humans.

Will we ever know? No. because we have our heads so far stuck up our own goddamn asses about how great humanity is.

FACT.
>>
>>26412991
Shoot. You wouldn't happen to remember what it was, would you?
>>
>>26413049
Probably, but given the growing body of genuine conservative anti-abortion puritans on here, I lean on the side of believing they're serious.
>>
>>26412994
If you were on a train track and so was a bee hive both in different directions. Which would you rather me hit with a smile on my face?
>>
Also have this old thing.
>>
File: 049Venomoth_RG.png (59KB, 183x207px) Image search: [Google]
049Venomoth_RG.png
59KB, 183x207px
>>26412460
Original Venomoth design had spots on the backs of its wings, you should make some of those!
>>
>>26413005
Oh yeah I know but thanks, it's more of a show piece really, It would get blackened anyhow.
>>
>>26413058
see >>26412887
>>
>>26413058
If a mountain lion kills a human in the mountains, we don't berate the lion for the killing. Sure, people might try to hunt it down but in the end that human is dead. It's survival of the fittest.
>>
>>26413058
>Will we ever know? No.

You show your ignorance here, stunningly.

Hundreds of years ago, fish were thought to lack nerves. They were thought to be non-animal creatures.

The reason we can definitively say insects are not intelligent is because, since then, we've developed a greater understanding of how brains function.

Intelligence is just a thing we, humans, have honed. The majority of creatures on this planet haven't evolved to be intelligent, for one reason or another.

You keep acting like they have to be smart, in order to be equal. You keep acting like the death of these smaller units is equal to the death of a human.

Ants, for instance, work like a human brain, when millions of them gather. They are objectively less worthy than humans, in terms of intelligence.
>>
>>26413068
No, these are liberal hippies.
Rightwingers hunt for fun.
>>
>>26413070
You would hit the bee hive. But you seem to think thats the ""right"" answer.

In that situation there is no right answer, its the least damaging one. In your own opinion, you think hitting the bees is better then hitting the kid, why? Because you're human. If you were a bee and had the cognitive thought process of a human, would you want your hive hit? No. You'd want the human hit, because it saves your hive and those close to you.

But to think that choice is ""right"" is demented. its the better subjective outcome, but by far the correct one. Correct would be finding a way to stop the train and save both, but such convinient methods don't exist in this hypothetical, do they?

Killing a life is never ""Right"" no matter how inconsequential to you it may be.
>>
File: you're really stupid.png (4KB, 425x108px) Image search: [Google]
you're really stupid.png
4KB, 425x108px
>>26412994
>murder is murder.
Well killing a bug isn't murder, dumbass.
I may not agree with killing insects all willy-nilly, but at least learn what words mean before you try and say anything.
>>
>>26413109
>If you were a bee and had the cognitive thought process of a huma
But bees don't.
>>
>>26413100
>Objectively

Subjectively.

They are worth less to YOU. not humanity as a whole, don't try forcing YOUR views on the grand populace.
>>
>>26413061
I only remember that it was very similar to the one used in this video starting at 1:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwuMYox4Hp0
Can't remember any exact models or anything like that, I was just a little kid back then.
>>
>>26413104
>these are liberal hippies

You are a dense motherfucker if you actually think that. This isn't the standard vegan argument, it's a pseudo-religious argument.

>Rightwingers hunt for fun.
Except for the pro-life soccer mom crowd who takes the 'every life is sacred' mantra to the extreme.

There are anti-gun conservatives in this spectrum.
>>
>>26413005
Shhh he's already smoking, clearly he doesn't give a shit about his health.
>>
Well this thread went to shit quickly. Thanks sperg, you know who you are.
>>
>>26413109
>you seem to think that's the right answer
Well shit if it's not then I'm hitting you and going to bed that night knowing I did the right thing.
>>
>>26413134
How did your old man get that golden finish on the Pidgeot? Or is that just your camera doing that?
>>
>>26413133
If we're talking about intelligence, in terms of mental capacity, that can be quantified. The brain is an electrical machine.

What you're saying is akin to "the Gameboy is subjectively more powerful than the 3DS".

If you were talking about the value of life, that would be subjective. However, you created the focal point around intelligence as the main metric. By that metric, insects are objectively less than humans. They don't function based on intelligence, they insintincually (key word here) release pheromones and noise to control large groups.
>>
>>26413168
Agreed. they are.

But why does "Less intelligence" = grounds for killing?
>>
>>26413146
Maybe you're right.
But most of the rightwingers here are not anything like this retard.
Neither sid wants him.
Maybe the bugs do.
>>
>>26413133
You idiot. He was talking about intelligence, and insects ARE objectively less intelligent than humans.

In regard to sentience however, it is because insects have a much simpler central nervous system than humans do that people believe that insects are not sentient. We can't know this for sure, but assuming that consciousness arises from our brains then only a creature with similar brains can be sentient. Animals are probably sentient by this assumption, but plants are not because they do not possess a central nervous system. Insects fall into a gray area in between.
>>
>>26413080
I considered this, but ran out of space
I do have another shadow box though that's about the same size, I was thinking of filling with other pokemon.
>>
>>26413181
Because the life is worth less than the entertainment and satisfaction of a higher creature.
>>
File: 1423947764329.png (105KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
1423947764329.png
105KB, 450x420px
>>26413160
I wish I knew. I'm sorry that I can't really help you with this.
>>
>>26413193
>Consciousness arises from our brains.

Thats wrong. Consciousness exists on a 4D plane and is broadcast to us like a radio reciever. Human bodies do not contain memory or data, they recieve it.

>>26413209
And here we go, You admit you take pleasure in killing lesser creatures. only a mater of time till you get a taste for your own
>>
>>26413210
Nah it's cool dude. You gave me a bunch of ideas for future projects either way, so thanks!
>>
>>26413217
>Thats wrong. Consciousness exists on a 4D plane and is broadcast to us like a radio reciever. Human bodies do not contain memory or data, they recieve it.
Be careful, us spooky 4-dimensional aliens don't want you killing bugs!

>only a mater of time till you get a taste for your own
But my own kind is smart enough to take pain from my killing.
>>
>>26413181
It does not equal grounds for killing, it removes the main moral qualm from killing.

We have a reluctance to kill because we have an instinctual desire to propagate, and because we (because of our intelligence) have a grasp on object permanence. We know what it means when something dies, and because of that, we have created a cultural respect for life. This can often carry over to other things, like wanting to save the animals. This is perfectly natural and a sign of functional empathy.

The reasons the death of insects can't be equated to other animals are numerous, but I'll focus on three.

- Insects can not mourn
- Pain is not processed in the same way
- Their life cycle is really fucking short

The first one needs no explanation.

For the second, it's akin to the way we treat a person who murders, consciously, versus an animal who kills because of its instinct. The instinct is not something we can blame in the same way as a person being cognizant of an 'evil' deed. Similarly, when a bug dies, it can't 'grasp' that death, it just has continued electrical impulses to move away from danger. This can be seen in several less intelligent animals, who continue to move after the brain is severed, because their body is designed more for survival and not for pondering life's meaning.

And for the third, you aren't cutting short a meaningful life. They were born last week, and their grandkids will be dead in a month. When you think of it that way, it's hard to personify a fucking fly.
>>
File: 1392928684638.png (14KB, 252x242px) Image search: [Google]
1392928684638.png
14KB, 252x242px
>A potentially great thread with a very promising start ruined by idiots arguing about stupid off-topic shit
Who would have guessed?
>>
>>26413104

Well hunters are very much bound by law and can only hunt in designated hunting seasons.

Deer, (with no natural predators other than the occasional car) are prone to overpopulation. Also, hunters only go after bucks and don't shoot females and babies. It's actually very good for the genetic diversity of the deer and prevents them from overpopulating to the point of creating constant car accidents and eating people's gardens and lawns.
>>
>>26413290
We literally had this same thread last week, and OP explained how they built their shadowboxes.

Lurk more, and if you don't like the discussion, then fuck off.
>>
>>26413265
Mourning is a human construct, you don't know what insects do that could be considered their own form of mourning.

>Life cycle is short

and? thats still 10 years they would've had if you didnt intervene. its no differen then a mugger shooting someone on the street for their wallet's worth.

Is that suddenly deemed intelligent killing?
>>
>>26413217
>Thats wrong. Consciousness exists on a 4D plane and is broadcast to us like a radio reciever. Human bodies do not contain memory or data, they recieve it.
Prove it then.
>>
>>26413313
>10 years
What insects are you seeing?
>>
>>26413313
>Mourning is a human construct
Except, it's not. Dolphins mourn, cats mourn, dogs mourn, as do several others.

>you don't know what insects do that could be considered their own form of mourning

If they did anything, it'd be a noise or pheromones, because that's how they communicate. You're positing a ghost into the machine. Stop that shit.

>and?

Holy fuck, you're stupid. I'm done with you. Watch your step lest you commit genocide.
>>
>>26413344
>>26413313
Wait, I've lost track of who's who.
>>
Can we go back to cool Pokemon projects?
>>
>>26413376
pretty sure its three or four anons memeing
>>
>>26413298
>Also, hunters only go after bucks and don't shoot females and babies
Not actually true. I usually get a doe tag or two every year I hunt.
>>
>>26413376
13 is the 'everything has intelligence' idiot. 44 is the person taking far too much time and effort to explain this shit to them.
>>
>>26413378
No one's stopping you.
>>
File: boards.4chan.org 1410033861173.png (2MB, 2048x1289px) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1410033861173.png
2MB, 2048x1289px
>>26413427
Me not having made any is. It's too late to start now, too. Maybe tomorrow.

Enjoy an image of the most competitively viable Pokemon instead.
>>
>>26413468
Ah, that's a fair excuse then.

>the most competitively viable Pokemon

You say that ironically, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCov5hQ4BW4
>>
File: floon.jpg (218KB, 607x778px) Image search: [Google]
floon.jpg
218KB, 607x778px
>>26413265
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die,
Post Pokecrafts
>>
>>26413488
>nobody belongs anywhere
W-We belong here, anon. We belong here.
>>
>>26413313
>Mourning is a human construct, you don't know what insects do that could be considered their own form of mourning.
This statement contradicts itself. If mourning is a human construct then it cannot be a construct that insects possess. They cannot mourn if they don't have a concept of what it is.
>>
File: VGCHEREICOME.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VGCHEREICOME.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>26413477
My God.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.