[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G/S, Gen 1.5?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: GSRocket.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GSRocket.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Ok, hear me out, this leak shows that Team Rocket is returning for Pokemon G/S, so does that mean that it isn't Generation 2?! It's actually Generation 1.5!!
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>>26410592
>i didnt understand what people meant by 6.5 so im going to shitpost about itXDDDD THAT LL SHIW THEM
>>
>it's another "shitposters pretend anyone thought like they do now back then" episode
>>
>>26410616
6.5 fags are more retarded than Roothootfags anyway.
>>
>>26410634
Except they aren't. The concept makes sense.
>>
>>26410592
6.5 fags are cucks. Sad and utterly pathetic. You all got BTFO fpr eternity.
>>
>>26410671
>fpr eternity
They'll eventually break the pattern
>>
>>26410643
No it doesn't.
>>26410675
>pattern
It's not even a pattern.
New Pokémon = New Generation
Formes and Megas don't count.
>>
>>26410696
>New Pokémon = New Generation
Except it's not. A new generation always introduced way more than that. People stopped arguing that Sun and Moon might not be a new generation because we now have a new region, new starters etc.
Generations are a way fans agreed to group the games, with a generation starting with the game where those big changes happen. Which IS a pattern, and they'll probably break it one day.
In fact, your whole argument can be tl;dr with >muh pattern
>>
>>26410728
well, bulbapedia says
>A generation is a grouping of the Pokémon games that separates them based on the Pokémon they include. In each generation, a new set of Pokémon, moves, and Abilities that did not exist in the previous generation are released
And yes, before you pull the MUH BULBAPEDIA card, I know it's not the be-all end-all of Pokemon knowledge and it's all down to opinion and blah blah blah. With that being said, remember what 'generation' actually means
>an entire body of individuals born and living at about the same time
Ergo, a body of Pokemon created and introduced at the same time. New Pokemon = new generation. To think otherwise is just retarded.

But then, 6.5ers were just baiting anyway, so this is the last I have to say on the topic. Have fun kids
>>
The rule is

New starters = new gen
>>
G/S had no new pokemon, so yes, it was gen 1.5
>>
>>26410787
This.
>>
>>26410728
>Generations are a way fans agreed to group the games
Nice goalpost moving, pal.
>>26410784
This.
>>
>>26410810
No, that was a Gen 3 game.
>>
>>26410831
It had Bonsly, it was a Gen 4 game.
>>
>>26410616
>>26410643
6.5 is a flawed term and only a label. It being a label comparable to why feminism is a label these days. Different ideas, opinions and beliefs and that are being thrown into one term. I'd rather stop using it entirely, because even speaking about it will get you flak. People like >>26410634 aren't wrong because of what "6.5" implies, but that's only the fault of you guys.
6fagging is the only thing that even holds any ground, anyway.

>>26410634
>>26410671
>>26410696
>>26410728
>>26410784
>>26410787
>>26410798
>>26410826
Fucking see, these threads are only meant to provoke shit like this. Stop this shit and Let go.
>>
>>26410848
THREE
POINT
FIVE
>>
>>26410873
3.75, it also had Munchlax
Fucker always took my fucking Pokebait
>>
>>26410784
>Ergo, a body of Pokemon created and introduced at the same time. New Pokemon = new generation. To think otherwise is just retarded.
Not when you use the term to refer to the games.

>>26410826
>Nice goalpost moving, pal.
That has always been my point since the beginning.

>>26410867
>6.5 is a flawed term and only a label. It being a label comparable to why feminism is a label these days. Different ideas, opinions and beliefs and that are being thrown into one term. I'd rather stop using it entirely, because even speaking about it will get you flak.
I know, and I don't use it either. If what I said would happen then the .5 wouldn't even make sense. It would just break the pattern, meaning you can't count them in the same way we do now.
>>
>>26410728
Hey newfag, new Pokémon = new gen, but not just new gen. Obviously all that stuff is a guarantee when new Pokémon are added.
>>
>>26411215
See >>26410998
I'm not talking about Pokémon generations, I'm talking about the way the games have been grouped, which is a related but different thing. This concept exists, otherwise there would have been no discussion about it. If Game Freak breaks that pattern, then it will either die or adapt to a new pattern.
>>
>>26410592
>OP here
So does no one get that I'm not a 6.5 fag? I'm trying to say that even if SM is connected to XY, it doesn't make it 6.5, GS was not 1.5, it was 2, there is a middle ground that some people seem to ignore.
>>
>BW was 4.5
>the real gen 5 is XY

So SuMo is actually gen 6.0
>>
>>26414134
Everybody did, shitposter.
>>
>>26410592
Please show me how GSC can battle with gen 1.
>>
>>26410728
It was clear it was a new generation from the moment they showed the first trailer. gen6.5 fags were just over the top retarded.
>>
>>26415667
No, it was not. They had not revealed enough yet. Stop shitposting.
>>
>>26415642
>still insisting SM can battle with gen 6 with literally zero evidence
>>
>>26415739
He's not insisting, he's just pointing out we don't know yet.
>>
>>26410624

But they do.

Look up the Nintendo/Sega wars. Literally everything stays the same. People in the late 80's shitposted just like us today.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.