[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were gen 3 and 6 so exceptionally bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (109KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 620x420px
Why were gen 3 and 6 so exceptionally bad?
>>
It's part of the game freak patterns.

Every multiplier of 3 will absolutely suck, and it's only redemtion will be "it's the newest in the series".

Don't get too hyped for gen 9
>>
>>26402979
Gen 6 had horrible remakes. Gen 3 had the Orre games, FR/LG, and Emerald.
>>
>>26402979
>gen 3
>bad
wew
>>
>>26403099
ORAS were great, fuck off.
>>
>>26402979
Way too much water.
Seriously, you spend 50% of your time surfing around doing absolutely nothing but finding the same pokemon over and over.
Shit games.
>>
>>26403150
Wew lad

They have openly admitted they rushed ORAS
>>
I haven't played ORAS yet, but just from looking over its features it seems pretty great to be honest. What exactly was wrong with it?
>>
>>26402979
Fuck off, Shitpit.

>>26403150
This

>>26403249
Fuck off, Shitpit.

>>26403277
Nothing, they're fine Pokemon games.
>>
>>26403277
Barebones, rushed, based off the worst games in the series.
>>
>>26403297
Fuck off, Shitpit.
>>
>>26403311
Nice forced meme, Redditor.
>>
>>26402979
Because hoenn is the worst fucking reason.
>>
>>26403277
it's more like Ruby and Sapphire than Emerald. HGSS had a lot of Crystal's improvements and FRLG had the Sevii Islands. ORAS mostly just has Mega Evolution.
>>
>>26403318
Fuck off, Shitpit.

>>26403321
Fuck off, Shitpit.
>>
>>26403277
its really not bad, in all honesty. Worth a play through. They only reason why it was dissappointing is because it was just x/y 2.0 with shitty battle maison. Not much postgame but still there somewhat. no battle frontier and no postgame, hand holding and virtually all information released about the game before it was released made it a real let down to what they hyped it up to be. I haven't played it as much as X/Y, but I still loved the features.
>>
Anyone who says Gen 3 is bad is either a retarded Genwunner or just baiting.
>>
>>26403349
This.
>>
>Hoennshitters spamming the thread with their bogeyman

>>26403342
>its really not bad
Well, the rest of your post sure isn't convincing.
>>
>>26403357
Fuck off, Shitpit.

All Gens are good.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 218x192px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 218x192px
>>26403338
>>
>>26403323
What features did Emerald have that ORAS lacked besides the whole Battle Frontier thing? My memory's a bit fuzzy.
>>
>>26403379
What do you expect from someone that defends Hoenn and Kalos?
>>
>>26403349
This. I can agree that ORAS wasn't the best game ever, but the originals for GBA were great, and the Pokemon are awesome.
>>
File: 1457390231711.png (390KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457390231711.png
390KB, 1200x1200px
6 mostly looked bad because it had to followup from 5. It was a solid gen. You have to consider it didn't get the luxury of having a third version. My only complaint is that the Hoenn remakes could've been a lot more, but still for what they are they're not bad.
>>
File: 1463283374037.jpg (18KB, 428x469px) Image search: [Google]
1463283374037.jpg
18KB, 428x469px
>>26403372
>All gens are good
Nigger please, you say that as if you haven't played gen 1, which is objectively the worst, or gen 6, which is just as bad because of its shitty pandering and handholding and garbage fluff characters.

Also, you need to be 18 to post on 4chan, you fucking cunt.
>>
>>26403379
Fuck off, Shitpit.

>>26403387
Fuck off, Shitpit.
>>
>>26403405
>posts a reason to hate Kalos
>luxury
Hardly anyone would agree that first versions are good.
Gen 6 is no fucking different. Fuck off.

>>26403411
You sure have convinced me that Hoenn is absolute garbage.
>>
File: 2nio6t4[2].png (107KB, 480x385px) Image search: [Google]
2nio6t4[2].png
107KB, 480x385px
sup bitches
>>
File: 1463103630419.gif (1MB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1463103630419.gif
1MB, 150x150px
>>26403408
>Starts post off with Nigger
>Gen 1 bad meme
>Implying Gen 1 isn't so bad it's good
>Implying Characters you can just A-Button past without giving one shred of a shit make a game bad
>you need to be 18 to post on 4chan, you fucking cunt
>The irony
>Being this mad
>>
>>26403405
6 looks bad because it is bad from an objective veiw point. It does nothing better than any other game in the series, and regresses to gen1 levels of game design. Its bare bones, rushed as fuck, filled with framerate issues, filled with over inflated gimmicks that hurt the games massivly. Gen5 only makes it look worse because those were the exact opposite of gen6
>>
They're not.
>>
>>26403382
Gym Leaders don't have as many Pokémon and trainers overall aren't as levelled as Emerald. Actually from like the 6th leader on they have Emerald teams, but it's still weird. Battle Frontier is also a big one. There's probably a list somewhere. I can't tell you more since I haven't played emerald in like 6 years.
>>
>>26402979
Nice try OP
>>26403484
>>
>>26403433
bitch please, chad warden don't play no nintendo games

nintendo ain't got no games

chad warden only plays PS VITA and dat PS QUADRUPLE
>>
>>26403453
I forgot that the Dream World was so good, anon.
>>
>>26403510
What are you even trying to say?
I agree with that guy.
>>
Cause you started with Gen 4, OP.

Gen1 and 2 are retro.
Gen 3 is old to you.
You've nostalgia-goggles for Gen 4.
Gen 5 was cool enough.
Gen 6 is too (insert your adjective here) for you, and you're just a little over it. It's okay, you'll make it back eventually.
>>
No reason to play gen 1 over FR/LG unless you want to glitch the games a fuck ton

Gen 2 is still really good but most people prefer HG/SS

Gen 3 is still great, and most people would play Emerald over R/S and OR/AS

D/P aren't bad, but are pure shit compared to Gen 2 and 3 and also Platinum, which is actually miles better than D/P

I haven't played B/W for a really long time, I don't know why, but B2/W2 are some of my favorites and have a pretty long main story, even though the Elite Four is pretty shitty in all Gen 5

Gen 6 is kinda like D/P. They're not bad, but are pretty shitty compared to the other games because of hand holding and a bad story.
>>
>>26403510
dumb Hoennigger, I made that thread, not op
>>
>>26403646
No, I made that thread.
>>
>>26403551
actual sinnohshit here, I hated BW and thought Hoenn was mediocre.
>>
3>6>2>4>1>5
>>
File: 1431293728532.jpg (66KB, 454x592px) Image search: [Google]
1431293728532.jpg
66KB, 454x592px
>>26403934
>>
My main issue with 6 was the non-existant post game. They simplied enough shit breeding and raising wise so I've shat out a million competitive Pokemon but I've got nothing to do with them.
>>
>>26403453
>and regresses to gen1 levels of game design.
>over inflated gimmicks that hurt the game massivly
How so and what are they? I want to see a really good explanation for this. You could argue barebones like most first games are, rushed as fuck maybe I don't know I'm assuming this was actually quoted somewhere, framerate issues fine this is their fully 3D outing and the models are future proofed, but the others sound like bullshit to me.
>>
>>26404000
>I've shat out a million competitive Pokemon but I've got nothing to do with them.
Uh... what do you think the battle spot is?
>>
>>26404030

Something I got bored of within a month of X/Y coming out. I want muh gimmick battles with prizes. Same reason I want another battle sim game.
>>
File: 1459916309637.png (133KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
1459916309637.png
133KB, 313x382px
>asshurt Hoennbabies
>>
I didnt really have a big problem with ORAS other than them being basically X and Y: tropical edition.

Loved gen 3 though. The GCN games, the GBA games, all of 'em.
>>
>>26404017
Also BW and BW2 were the fourth and fifth set of games on the DS so they had plenty of time to polish the games, but they added the absolutel east to the core gameplay mechanics. You can argue the story, you can argue the post game even though I think complaining about and giving a large amount of weight the post game in a series of games where the post game is first and foremost player oriented, you can argue music, lots of things, but Gen V added nothing to or improve the actual gameplay besides the new Pokemon and moves themselves and whatever move and ability rebalancing they do every gen. And the gameplay of Pokemon is inherently something that gets better with iteration with more new options and polished old ones. I think maybe the only thing BW/BW2 added with any real lasting importance was the concept of hidden abilities and they were poorly implemented. Their creatively bankrupt attempts at new battle styles still fall short of singles and doubles and were worthless beyond the experiment of trying them.
>>
>>26402979
Too much water
>>
>>26404130
>this guy is right

gen V adds the least to the game, but rather refines what's already there to make it an exquicite experience.

Instead of adding half-assed mechanics and useless features, it expands (a fuck ton) on whats already there.
>>
>>26403287
this
>>
>>26403382
The Battle Frontier.

That's it. That's why people are so up and arms. Battle Frontier was the main postgame of Emerald so the fact that it isn't in ORAS is why people call it shit.

Other than that, people complain about the level scaling which isn't the game's fault but more on the developers since they have admitted that the games are easier because mobile games gave Japanese kids the mentality that concentrating on a game for too long is bad.
>>
>>26402979
why is an underaged fag like braden not waiting till his 18th to shitpost?

Why would a single autist copypaste the same shitpost every day during 3 whole years? Despite not liking pogayman?

Why would he samefag so hard his own shitpost threads?

Mysteries of the universe.
>>
>>26403277
It's good, OP is a known underaged shitposter who uses OP's pic it to shitpost threads, like he does with slug fuckery. He just wants attention, he don't even have a 3ds according to last people who doxx him.
>>
>>26406893

>nostalgiafagging over b/w

10 years old pls go

>>26409055

Every time enough people reported OP he got banned, he's a known autist who uses the same pic every day, he was being deleted on sight already.
>>
I see OP got his leddit accounts banned already, welcome back, my underaged shitposter-chan!
>>
>>26402979
I honestly liked ORAS, but can someone explain how it sucked
>>
>>26403277
muh battle frontier!!!!
>>
File: 1458252489610.jpg (394KB, 1739x517px) Image search: [Google]
1458252489610.jpg
394KB, 1739x517px
>>26409165
>>
>>26409001
>The Battle Frontier.
>That's it.

Thought so. Just wanted to confirm my suspicions that most of the board doesn't actually know what it's talking about.
>>
>>26409238
Yeah because the mad contrarian niggers on this board have any good opinions.

It's butthurt over Battle Frontier. Nothing more.
>>
>>26402979
Fire Red and Leaf Green were good and necessary remakes, to fix connectivity issues, rebalance gen 1 and improve on what it lacked.

Emerald tried to fix Hoenn but there's only so much you can do with Hoenn. I mean after all Hoenn has:
- the worst pokedex
- the worst town and route design
- the worst music
- the worst gym leaders and characters
- worst elite four from both a typing and character standpoint
Plus prior to being remade were the only games in the franchise that actively removed solid features from previous versions (yeah lets gut 90% of all the features from gen 2!)

And then ORAS comes out, doesn't fix any of these things but ruins a major city, ignores all the fixes from emerald, turns contests into a giant joke and holds your hand throughrout the game so hard that it makes X and Y look like fucking Dark Souls in comparison.
>>
>>26409238
>I will ignore every post in this thread except the ones that agree with my opinions
Pathetic
>>
>>26409288
>the worst pokedex
>the worst town and route design
>the worst gym leaders and characters

All of this is Sinnoh, not Hoenn.
>>
>>26409323
Sorry but Delcatty, Dustox, Route 111, Mauville City, Phoebe and Zinnia are all from Hoenn
>>
>>26409312
I didn't ignore a single post in this thread. When I pressed people for specific reasons, all I could get was level scaling and the Battle Frontier to Battle Maison change.

Sounds to me like the hate for ORAS is largely an irrational one. Likewise, if some people hated it mostly because they hated RSE in the first place then I'm not particularly sure why they bought those remakes to begin with.
>>
>>26409288
>the worst pokedex
easily taken by D/P
>worst town & route design
worst route designs also taken by D/P.
i like the quiant and comfy feel of the small 3rd gen towns
>worst music
why do you hate horns, anon?
It had the best Brock clone that's more of a challenge, the most challenging second gym oat and all around great gym puzzles. Hugh alone drags B2W2 in the bottom shithole when it comes to characters, so I don't know what you're on there.
>worst e4
How? It even has a cute hula loli, what more could you ask for?
>>
>>26409288
>the worst pokedex
Sinnoh
>the worst town and route design
Kalos
>the worst music
Still Kalos
Kalos again
>worst elite four from both a typing and character standpoint
That's Sinnoh
>>
>>26402979
Because they weren't created by Tajiri. Which is also the reason why games post Gen 2 suck so much. What surprises me is how they couldn't make a good remake out of Gen 3, if they already made a revised version with remarkable improvements, Emerald. That makes them a fucking joke and no sane person should try to defend them.
>>
>>26409344
Not him, but there are other significant reasons. Its just that obviously BF will be the biggest reason people hate ORAS because it stands that the BF was the biggest feature of RSE.
It provided many unique battle formats and challenges to help with the replay-factor of the game. For example the Battle Factory alone provides a sense of luck and challenge that isn't present anywhere else in the games.

But besides that, the other complaints were for things like the removal of the Game Corner, making the game too easy(even without exp share), lackluster Delta Episode postgame, removal of Contest Block treats minigame, too many handouts, removing trainer customization, making Rayquaza's much smaller, etc.

The other reasons people couldn't stand ORAS was that it was largely a retread of many previous ideas. The Battle Maison, for example, is just the same Battle Tower we've had all the way since Crystal version. It's very hard to be excited about something that.

It also doesn't help that, in an interview with Masuda(unfortunately I do not have the source), he stated he made the games as easy and barebones as they were to cater to kids with smartphones.
>>
>>26403204
No there wasn't but I'm glad you spread that meme around. Don't you niggers buy repel?
>>
>>26403204
What is fly

What is repel
>>
Man Hoenn was a lot of garbage. In RSE the average 45% of the game took place in the ocean, the pokemon had garbage coverage in regards to moves, it was near impossible to properly train when everything was weak as shit and the same fucking pokemon showed up in every fucking similar environment. No new area felt new or unique.

But the pokemon were cool as fuck, the music was gorgeous and the introduced Legendaries were terrifying and amazing. The Battle Frontier was a competitive masterpiece and the Regis were one of the most amazing puzzles and pokemon implemented into the game. Emerald is cemented as my favorite game as it was my first, both to play and complete as I was a shit trainer. Never really bothered playing ORAS so I haven't much care for it. Should I?

Archie>Maxie
>>
>>26409553
>Don't you niggers buy repel?

nigga i cant AFFORD repel

gibs me dat welfare check and we'll talk
>>
>>26403408
>Nigger please
How white are you
>>
>>26409489
Well...yeah. they are obviously going to cater to their overall market as opposed to some whiny autists on vp. I'm not sure why this is even a bad thing. If you think pokemon is too easy, maybe it's just not the game for you? Not every game is going to fit your quota for what you think makes it "good". It's stupid to blame the game developers or call the game shit when you can go play a different game you might enjoy better.

The game corner was a legal issue.

There were a few hand outs but I don't get this argument either. Past games, including gen 5 that everyone loves so much, gives hand outs too and acts like you're the most amazing trainer ever. Yeah, they give you a Lati, but there's also a ton of legendaries for you to go catch yourself post game.

The BF was a weird thing to remove but it may have been time restraints as they were given a fucking year to develop the game. Even still, its removal doesn't make me hate the entire game for what it is.
>>
>>26409743
>nigga i cant AFFORD repel

Then don't go to fancy islands if you can't afford to travel there. Go back to the ghetto slums of Unova where you came from.
>>
>>26403277
Emerald is better at being Hoenn remake than ORAS.

Mainly because it's relic of old times, while ORAS was made in Age of Accountants.
>>
>>26403277

ORAS wasn't really bad, it just failed to live up to reasonable expectations.

Except the Delta Episode. Everything before riding Rayquaza to Deoxys was awful.
>>
>>26410111
We may as well call the game out for what it is because taking it up the ass or just ignoring it means more bad games will follow.
>>
>>26409489
>removal of the Game Corner,
ORAS didn't remove the Game Corner, Platinum did.
>making the game too easy(even without exp share),
This is the developers fault which you pointed out in the same post.
>lackluster Delta Episode postgame,
This I do not understand. What exactly did people want out of the Delta Episode? It is an actual canon continuation of the main story. It was full of so much Hoenn lore that was never touched upon in the originals. It gave you an abundance of battles to go through as well as face Rayquaza, a new "rival", go to space, and fight Deoxys instead of being given it by an NPC with a bit of dialogue. What makes the Delta Episode lackluster?
>removal of Contest Block treats minigame,
I don't know why they did this, I can only think it was because of the RNG in the game. You wouldn't always know what PokeBlock you'd get.
>too many handouts,
Besides the Latis, what was handed out without you having to work for it?
>removing trainer customization,
This is really the only thing bad. Masuda's excuse for not having it was even worse.
>making Rayquaza's much smaller, etc.
What
>>
>>26411825
This, basically.

ORAS was completely fine.
>>
>>26411825
Because a few hours and you're done. Now compare that to hundreds more spent trying to get all the Frontier symbols. The Delta Episode was lackluster because it can't live up to what got omitted.
>>
>>26411876
>Because a few hours and you're done.
Done with what? The main story?

Because alike the Battle Frontier, the Delta Episode is postgame content, as well as the Battle Spot, the Hoopa ring Legendaries, the Battle Maison, etc.

Do you just play the games for the main story and then stop playing after that?
>>
>>26411912
Done with the game because there's nothing left to do besides online battling which gets very old very fast. Now a good postgame like Emerald's can keep you playing for like ever and you get your money's worth.
>>
>>26411986
But that's not true. You can still do Contests, Secret Bases, catch legendaries, trainer rematches, fight the Elite Four who now have full teams with Megas, etc.

And if you're a lorefag, you can go out and travel the region again to learn more lore about the region and others. There is a reason Sea Mauville was redone.
>>
>>26411986
Not that anon but Emerald's postgame was honestly not that great, I don't know why people dick ride it so much.

It didn't have much to the main story (ORAS probably had more of that, honestly) and there was a lot more depth to the Legendary segments in ORAS than Emerald ever had.

I think the problem is that people had very specific expectations for ORAS and when those expectations were shattered /vp/ started sperging about it like they do with everything ever.
>>
>>26412028
You know you can dick around with contests and secret bases before the Elite Four, right? I'm also not interested in rematches because again, there was a Battle Frontier that had a truckload of content and a few rematches can't make up for that. Neither does just having the Sea Mauville. I also caught them all in X and Y so no point in catching them all again.
>>
>>26412122
>You know you can dick around with contests and secret bases before the Elite Four, right?
And? It is still things to do even when the game is over. And I highly doubt you complete all Contest classes while playing the main story because then it wouldn't be "a few hours and done"
>>
>>26412122
>You know you can dick around with contests and secret bases before the Elite Four, right?
They are things you can do after the game is over.
>I'm also not interested in rematches
That's you then. I could say I'm not interested in the Battle Frontier and call Emerald barebones like what you are doing right now.
>I also caught them all in X and Y so no point in catching them all again.
That's the point of the game. The game doesn't acknowledge you as officially finishing the game until you catch all 721.
>>
>>26412142
I don't know about ORAS but I know you can in the originals. I found out about curse + destiny bond and bred a Shuppet with those moves to steamroll every category.
>>
>even implying that babysitting player through the game and making is piss easy isn't enough to lament those all lost opportunities.

ORAS is decent entry in game catalogue of Anno Domini 2014.
And that's damn sad.
>>
>>26409079
>Thinking I was trash-talking unova

Learn 2 read
>>
>>26412034
>story
I seriously hope people don't play Pokémon for the story.
>>
>>26411825
>ORAS didn't remove the Game Corner, Platinum did.
Okay, technicalities. Thanks for the reading comprehension. The point was that they removed a feature otherwise present in the original games.
Don't even give me this "legality" nonsense either, they could have easily replaced it with other minigames and get rewards based off whatever minigames they could have had. This was exactly the case with HGSS' pokeathlon, despite the game corners being tampered with in the same games for "legal reasons"

>What makes the Delta Episode lackluster?
It's the fact that, despite the added lore(which I won't deny I appreciated), the Delta Episode wasn't anything that was already done in the maingame. You were sent all across Hoenn, again, with no new locations to explore aside from Rayquaza's tower, which ended up being just a small tower to navigate.
Nevermind the fact that the whole episode took only 2 hours to do, nor the fact that the episode itself had no replay value at all.
It offered nothing new other than an expanded story. None of the battles were even particularly engaging, not even that horde battle with the underleveled pokemon. I couldn't even go back to fucking space.

>what
I meant to say "Rayquaza's Tower", as in where you originally caught it, but I couldn't remember the name. Sky Pillar?
>>
Both gen 3 and 6 were good. Sure, XY had awful starters and megas were a bad idea.
>>
>>26412122

uh

I don't think you understand what people mean when they say "post game content".
>>
>>26412655
That's not a rebuttal. The point is that there's more content.
>>
>>26403311
>>26403338

Fuck off, Reddit.
>>
>>26402979
I grew up with FireRed, dipshit.
>>
>>26413565
Fuck off, Shitpit.
>>
>>26403277
Lack of meaningful postgame. Thats literally the only reason. Other than that its a solid pokemon game
>>
>>26403150

LOL
>>
>>26403287

ORAS defenders to the rescue!
>>
>>26414522
Fuck off, titsbitch.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.