[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Pokémon World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Pokémon World Map.jpg (61KB, 1280x569px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon World Map.jpg
61KB, 1280x569px
So this guy has put together two videos using purely In-Game evidence to create an accurate Wold Map. It's pretty interesting! Pic Related, the end result.

>Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E1aI4tDgDA

>Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJNYbQTFb84

Thoughts? Where do you predict Alola will fit?
>>
>"b-b-but they have to fit together like Japan!"
So, before anybody posts this, the devs have stated numerous times in interviews that they want to make the Pokémon world unique, only loosely based on real world locations, and is not designed to fit together or match the real world geography. And all the In-Game evidence proves that the Regions simply can not match up the way they would to their real world counterparts. It's why circa Gen 4 on-wards, they made the decision to not directly reference IRL animals or locations anymore. An NPC in B2/W2 even ponders about Lt. Surge being from Unova!

>But the anime map!
Same thing, and the guy even talks about it in one of the videos, and it doesn't match up to the In-Game geography. Think Pokémon Heroes, that city inspired by Venice? Doesn't mean Ash and friends went to Italy. It was just inspired by a real world location, and applied to the Pokémon world.

So with that in mind, what do you guys think?
>>
File: misfits.gif (925KB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
misfits.gif
925KB, 212x176px
Sweet nigger Jesus there's no way we're going to let map autism become the new 6.5/Roothoot/smallregion/"UNDER 80 MON IN GEN 7", surely? I'm not even going to watch those videos OP, just know that you should be ashamed for encouraging this kind of low-level shitposting
>>
>>26394605
But they're good videos and they do a neat job of taking all the In-Game evidence to place all the Regions.

This isn't shitposting, I just thought this was interesting and could be talked about/speculated on.
>>
>>26394626
>This isn't shitposting
Nah fuck off fampai, you know exactly what you did

I'm out
>>
File: Roxie & Rosa.jpg (120KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
Roxie & Rosa.jpg
120KB, 590x590px
>>26394641
Ok bye
>>
>>26394587
>the devs have stated numerous times in interviews that
>is not designed to fit together or match the real world geography.
Proof.
>>
>>26394626
It's not shitposting, but this topic is so vague and hypothetical that it's just a matter of time until the retards on this board start throwing loads of shit at each other about whether or not Unova is on the same landmass as Kanto or if the pokéworld follows the same climate rules as earth.
>>
>>26395958
You mean aside from the fact that the games have dozens of pieces of dialogue and text that completely contradict the idea of the regions matching their IRL counterparts?

Or the fact that Unova (based on NYC) is somehow the same size as the entirety of Kalos (France), which are both equal to 1 of the 4 Japan-inspired Regions?

Or how, Sinjoh being north of Johto, and south of Sinnoh, doesn't match up with the Japanese map, or the fact that Hoenn would have to be facing West, not North?

If you're going to ignore all of that, to support a fan theory, then whatever. The proof you seek is circa 2011, around the time Unova was being talked about, and the Developers were talking about real-world locations being used as inspiration for regions. I did some digging myself, but I didn't get far, maybe you'll have more luck. I'm just not that good at digging up old articles and interviews, especially when sources are in Japanese. I tried Bulbapedo, but they just had a "fan-theory" page, speculating, ironically, about the Pokemon Regions being matched to their IRL counterparts.

>>26396062
That is absolutely true, I appreciate this post. The threads been up a little while now, and I've read over the posts, and I am realizing that there honestly isn't that much to talk about at all. I was thinking maybe some discussion of Alola, but ehh. The only real "discussion" I realize is probably going to come out of it, is people posting to, as you say, throw shit.
>>
>>26394585
Ok that was quite nice. He actualy explained everything.
>>
File: Fishing (1).jpg (187KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Fishing (1).jpg
187KB, 707x1131px
>>26396110
Yeah, I usually despise Pokémon Youtubers, but that guy became an exception for me. He very clearly takes inspiration from VSauce, but I appreciate it as he does put in a lot of research to make sure his videos and ideas are well thought out and original.

Thanks to all his reasoning and evidence, I literally can't imagine the Pokémon World looking like anything else now, so unless an official map is ever revealed, or a future game causes an inconsistency, I feel comfortable accepting his visualization of the Pokémon World as likely very accurate.

Also the "water Pokémon match" stuff was very overthought I guess, but hey, it all fit together like a goddamn jigsaw puzzle, so I thought it was damn neat. Just wanted to post it here to show other anons, and maybe get discussion going, so I am glad at least a couple people here have probably enjoyed it!
>>
>>26394585
>birdkeepertoby

no, fucking hate that guy
>>
>>26396474
Are you shitposting or just stupid?
>>
>>26396466
Why? What did he do wrong?
>>
>>26396094
>You mean aside from the fact that the games have dozens of pieces of dialogue
Well your claims was about what the devs have said, so yes apart from everything else you fucktard.
>>
>>26396495
>t. subhuman scum
>>
>>26394585
BKT is really hit or miss. That said, his map videos are actually pretty well thought out and logical.

I'd have to wait too see what pokemon can be caught in what areas in Alola to really make an educated guess but I'd guess either south of unova and east of Hoenn. That would work if there is some connection between Unova and Alola like New York and Hawaii are both US states.

If not, I'd say east of what I assume are the Sevii or Orange Islands. It would be a good fit for another Island region in a tropical zone.
>>
is using !s some kind of inside joke or has this place actually become much worse than i previously thought
>>
>>26396518
>>26396474
>>>/pol/
>>
>>26394587
>"b-b-but they have to fit together like Japan!"
Not exactly as Japan, but you can't deny that placing Kalos that close to Jotho/Kanto doesn't make sense (if they were that close, how come some Jotho/Kanto pokémon are that rare [or even non-existant] in Kalos, and there aren't more in-communication within those regions?)

I always thought Kalos and Unova were closer to themselves, Hoenn being south to Kanto and Jotho, while Sinnoh being to the north.

As for the other regions (Orre, the Pokémon ranger ones, and the rest of the spin-offs) they can fuck themselves.
>>
>>26394587
>the devs have stated numerous times in interviews that they want to make the Pokémon world unique, only loosely based on real world locations, and is not designed to fit together or match the real world geography.
[citation needed]
>>
File: spoilergif01.gif (60KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
spoilergif01.gif
60KB, 100x100px
>>26396536
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.