[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The story in Pokémon games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (589KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
589KB, 1200x800px
What are som story elementar that we haven't yet seen in a Pokémon game that you think would be cool?
>>
An Evil Team using propaganda as their main weapon. Their goal is to make the public think Pokemon are bad, dangerous, evil, turning on them. The Evil Team releases crazed, deadly Pokemon into areas to wreak havoc, and then, as a front, they come forward as a different organization which claims that Pokemon are too unpredictable and dangerous to continue being integral in society.
>>
>>26394199
That would be cool
>>
>>26394199
Pretty good concept.
Since they can't just release legit crazed Pokemon in a children's game, how about them being controlled by the box legendary hooked up a machine and a radio tower?
>>
In an attempt to one-up the rival, MC inadvertently fucks up the balance of the world leading several Pokémon (including legends) to go berserk and now has to fix it.

As such there isn't a real big evil team, just random gangs of goons causing minor unrest. The true evil is MC and rival's competitive ego that instilled corruption into Pokémon's hearts. As they strive to unfuck the world, they come to realize the power of friendship and become better persons.
>>
>>26394154
I don't have ideas personally, but they should ditch the gyms, since they make the whole adventure feel more like a guided tour
>>
Just scrap the evil team entirely, and make the rival a total asshole, so the plot becomes more about competing with him and stopping him from becoming the champion
>>
>>26395487
Going off of this, have there be no overarching plot, aside from the gyms and league, if we're going to pretend we have to keep those.

Have each town, dungeon, and maybe even some routes have their own fleshed out stories. Like a kind of travelogue show, where the Hero goes from town to town, dealing with various local, thematic problems and situations. It gives a good opportunity to flesh out the world and Pokemon themselves over the vague "be friends with Pokemon, don't abuse them for power" story we get every time.
>>
File: 1372369870080.jpg (36KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1372369870080.jpg
36KB, 353x334px
>>26395487
>and make the rival a total asshole

just stop, a jrpg needs a story, its one of the reasons why b/w were so good

also gary and silver sucked dick
>>
>>26395371
I'd like to see the gym system reworked. Make the gym disciples beatable around the time you reach the gym, but have gym leaders be such a high level that they aren't beateble until after the main story.
>>
>>26395533
B/W had the shittiest story tbqh and I'm sick of people forcing this meme that it had some masterful storytelling or characterization or whatever.
>>
>>26394154
>No FRLG but all other remakes present.

Your picture triggers me.
>>
I, for one, would obviously welcome a complex, but interesting variety of outcomes for every decision you make within the game.

The player should have free will to defeat the main villains instead of destiny.

And yes, I've gone full UnderTale here.

Also, we could do with another Jerkass rival.

Perhaps a rich bitch stereotype that we can call a true rival. In my opinion, she could the the Pokémon equivalent to Pacifica Northwest.
>>
>>26395561
Shit just realised that now. Picked it without looking, sorry about that
>>
>>2639470
AUTISM GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.