[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can VGC be fixed? No legendaries? No Megas? No side legends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
How can VGC be fixed? No legendaries? No Megas? No side legends? What?

Pls no arguments
>>
File: 1459476498254.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459476498254.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>>26389285
>no megas
>no Legendaries (Mewtwo, fug, Lugia, etc.)
>no items
>no recover moves
>Sleep Clause please understand

just Pokémon, their abilities, and no bullshit
>>
>>26389285
Remove Competitive.
>>
>>26389404
Rework the base stats of most Pokémon and give moves more distribution. Also ban overused mons and Legendaries.
>>
File: image.png (530KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
530KB, 1334x750px
Banning dark void would fix a decent portion of vgc
>>
>>26389285
Honestly, I think only being able to use the current nations Pokemon would be good. Also no damn legendaries. I know the XY VGC was boring because everyone had the same team, but it's going to be like that anyway if they don't do tiers
>>
>>26389285
>>26389404
They'll never ban Megas.

No legendaries would be a simple rule and a fresh start. No more Primals and Fugs and Genies. See how the meta is without them.

inb4
>muh Articuno
EAT A DICK ARTICUNOFAGS. HE'S BANNED. BANNED. BANNED>
>>
>>26389495
This.
Why can't all or most fully evolved pokemon be at least close to the same level of usefulness?
>>
no legends...super legends or whatever
no popular megas
ban certain abilities on pokemon.
>>
>>26389285
Ban Ubers.
>>
File: hwVPIJ2.png (770KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
hwVPIJ2.png
770KB, 1000x680px
buff pachirisu
>>
>>26389285
>two Restricted mons on team
>one Restricted mon per party
>no dual Primals
>no clock munching first turns with evolution animations
>>
>>26389532
>No legendaries would be a simple rule and a fresh start

FUCK THAT NOISE.

We already have a blanket rule of 'no Mythicals'. There's no good reason to exclude Meloetta or Manaphy or Celebi from VGC.

Removing shit without giving it any thought isn't how you fix the meta. Fucking simpleton.
>>
I think a team cost system would be good.

You get 6 points, 95% of pokemon are 1 point.

You can use the more broken ones by having a smaller team.

Mewtwo(Mega or not) could be like 2-3 team slots.

Most 600 BST of lower pokemon are 1 slot(But not all, most)
>>
>>26389607
"Removing shit" the reasoning is literally in your post.

It's shit. The concept is shit. Remove it.
>>
Ban everything with a BST over 650. This gets rid of box legendary stuff and 2 megas (mega garchomp and mega salamence have 700 bst). Most megas hover around 600-640 and mysticals are 600 where as most legendary are 660-700. Simple fix
>>
>>26389285
>How can VGC be fixed?

By making smogon rules official.
>>
You know how wifi allows you to scale all Pokémon to level 50?

Just make VGC scale all Pokémon to 500 BST.
>>
>>26389535
This.
And also make every pokemon model a Charizard or Pikachu.
>>
>>26389495
You realize banning overused mons won't do anything productive right? Something new will just become the overused option.
>>
File: 1442616273180.png (820KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1442616273180.png
820KB, 800x800px
All new Pokemon introduced in gen 7 should compliment or match what we already have, instead of creating an entirely new realm of power like gen 6 did.

15/16 were bound to be messy because this is the first time Pokemon has experimented with transformations on this level. These years also stand out because the top 10 most common Pokemon all neatly check or counter each other. 14 escapes because a lot of the problem Pokemon either did not exist or were not allowed to participate.

So if major legendary Pokemon are allowed in a gen 7 VGC, it would be best if Solgaleo, Lunaala and other new big Pokemon paired well with Primals & Co. or matched their power. Same thing with VGCs where these big Pokemon aren't allowed.
>>
Make it similar to 2014. That was a great VGC season.
Remove the overpowered mons too.
>>
File: 469.jpg (147KB, 640x540px) Image search: [Google]
469.jpg
147KB, 640x540px
Make it singles
>>
>>26390017
I mean for example: in VGC 2016 CHALK is banned for every players because of their overuse on VGC 2015
>>
>>26390238
What's the A in CHALK?
Both Aegislash and Amoongus were about as common
>>
>>26390329
CHAALK
>>
>>26389524
Are you serious, dipshit? XY VGC was so much fun, ORAS was stale and sucked ass
>>
Remove protect and anything sort of legendary.
>>
>>26389285
Adjust base stats of all fully evolved pokemon proportionally to be 600. Now it's just types and movepools. Now you can use some of your favorites.
>>
>>26389607
Awwww, baby wants to keep his Heatran and Landorus
>>
File: 1445996365345.png (2MB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1445996365345.png
2MB, 1268x1695px
>>26391085
>Remove protect
>>
File: 1460831990162.jpg (73KB, 492x497px) Image search: [Google]
1460831990162.jpg
73KB, 492x497px
>>26389911
This is literally the worst idea ever.

Smogon is retarded and bans anything that can break their stupid stalls, claiming it to be "so the meta doesn't get too watered down". Fuck that. They banned Greninja, aegislash, blaziken and hoopa-u, all of which are stupidly easy to take down.
If they wanted to make the meta less concentrated, they'd ban shit like Landorus-T and Talonflame and Heatran.

On top of that, the clauses are fucking stupid. If you can't take care of evasion boosting and sleep, you shouldn't be playing the fucking game.

Fuck you, smogonfags can all kiss my ass.
>>
>>26391289
>Smogon is retarded and bans anything that can break their stupid stalls

that must be why they banned shadow tag right
>>
>>26391289
Their doubles rules are fine, they only ban the strongest legendaries and dark void there, don't know if that's what that anon was talking about but I'd be fine with that
>>
>>26391310
Probably

>Smogonfag using psychic type
>Opponent sends out shadow tag poke
>Smogonfag can't switch into his stall, psychic type dies
>REEEEE SHADOW TAG B&
>>
>>26391105
At the very least, this would make for an interesting mode.
>>
>>26391289
>bans anything that can break their stupid stalls
Except there are plenty of stallbreakers left.

>They banned Greninja, aegislash, blaziken and hoopa-u, all of which are stupidly easy to take down.
Those were legit bans.

>If they wanted to make the meta less concentrated, they'd ban shit like Landorus-T and Talonflame and Heatran.
Smogon actually has variety, unlike current VGC in which every fucking team has Kyogre, Groudon and Thundurus.

>On top of that, the clauses are fucking stupid. If you can't take care of evasion boosting and sleep, you shouldn't be playing the fucking game.
Evasion would be terrible to play against and watch, as having to carry Aerial Ace on everything would be moronic. Not to mention double team on Chansey would be legit OP.

And sleep clause is great, to ensure Spore and Dark Void users don't dominate.

Why are antiSmogonfags so fucking stupid?
>>
>>26391605
this
>>
>>26391605
Not saying you're wrong on anything else but VGC was pretty good before ORAS.

Also, just curious, why did Greninja get banned? I don't play singles so I don't really know but its offensive stats are so low that even getting STAB on every move I don't see how it could get KOs on anything but super effective hits.
>>
>>26391746
Protean + its speed + its movepool made it easy to get type advantage
>>
>>26391605
>Greninja
>Legit ban
No, fuck you. The only reason Greninja got banned is because it got gunk shot in oras, which is retarded because gunk shot only has 80% accuracy and greninja doesn't get much physical usage anyway.
>>
Ban legendaries, allow 5 pokemon on each team instead of 4. Ban Moody and Dark Void. That's all you need. I'd also be fine with Smogon doubles rules but 6 on 6 would take too long and it's clear they're trying to make matches as fast as possible what with being both doubles and only having 4 pokemon.
Also singles smogon is garbage where every single tier is topped by a stall team because smogon is too stupid to recognize when something stall related is overpowered, they can only recognize 'durr that move did a lot of damage, so it's overpowered" which has ofcourse led to stall having complete dominance over singles smogon tiers.
>>
>>26391605
>Smogon has variety
>Any combination of Lando-T/Heatran/Scizor/Mew/Talonflame/Ferrothorn or all 6 on literally every team in OU

Fuck off with your shit.
Also again, if sleep and accuracy give you trouble, you shouldn't be playing the game. If spore gives you so much trouble, start packing a grass type.
Kiss my ass, faggot.
>>
>>26389285
No Legendaries
Mega Kangaskhan's second hit does 1/4 instead of 1/2
Stealth Rocks do less damage
Scald now has 10% burn chance OR is 60 base power with 30% burn
>>
>>26389524
I actually can dig this, Hearthstone recently added a mode where only the newest cards and the basic cards can be used. I would love to see this in Pokemon then VGC would be like the first few months of XY competive where everyone was experimenting. until everyone starts using the same team after about a year
>>
>>26391085
>Remove protect
PLEASE

Meta would be so much better
>>
>>26391933
>Stealth Rocks
>VGC
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>26391970
On the topic of removing moves, could Toxic please just go away forever? Or atleast make it so it's normal poison and not Toxic poison. Also, why is there two different kinds of poison in the first place?
>>
>>26391933
Scald is fine. But ban Dark Void and legendaries, or atleast have a seprate unrestricted option. I like your Mega Kanga nerf. I think they should balance out the current Megas in general. Give Mega Audino, Aero and Amphy buffs, maybe a Ghost type Sucker Punch for Mega Banette to learn and Pidgeot Focus Blast and/or Blizzard but nerf its spatk to around 125. And inserting another "pentagon" for Gen 7 dex to allow the meta to be balanced per gen is a great way to keep things fresh and in control.
>>
>>26392037
*separate
Are there any other nerf and buff ideas for Megas?
Maybe bring back the Gems too.
>>
>>26392025
Thing of reguar poiosn as a cold
Now think of toxic as the flu that doesn't get better.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.