[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just A Typical Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1200x1000px
What is your opinion about Diamond Pearl and Platnum?
>>
>>26386727
Platinum salvaged the Sinnoh experience. Diamond/Pearl runs too slow and had virtually no Fire types.
>>
Diamond and Pearl are shit. The music is alright, most of the pokemon are meh tier and the battles are too slow. Little in game events are neat, though.
>>
Platinum is the second best game in the series
>>
I think most people here agree that D/P were the worst games in the series, or at least will concede they sucked, while Platinum is still one of the best.
>>
>>26386727
Sinnoh is great as a region.
DP were horrible to play.
Platinum is great but extremely overrated around here.
Best starters, Torterra will always be my favorite.
The snow routes and Snowpoint City are some of my favorite moments in the franchise.
>>
>>26386727
I like it.
>>
>>26386755
This
>>
>>26386727
>>26386727
It's a chore to play them now, but the jump from gen 3 to gen 4 was the biggest the Pokemon franchise ever had. It was fucking revolutionary.

That never happened again sadly.
The transition between gen 4 and 5 was okay, from 5 to 6 even better, but not as hype as 3 to 4 was.

Many people say that DP sucked, but they only problems they had was LITERALLY the lack of fire Pokemon and the shitty speed.
>>
I liked them, platinum especially. I liked a lot of the new pokemon designs, cynthia was cool, distortion world was cool, the shaymin and darkrai events were great too.
>>
Platinum made DP playable. Still, too many HMs and the generation was too slow. DP remakes better fix it
>>
I only played platinum, I'd say it's a strong, though, certainly not "the best" as many would proclaim, I'm still inclined towards BW2 as the best experience.

You'll still enjoy it though.
>>
When I was 12, I left the game on in Eterna Forest to fall asleep to the music.
>>
Best lore, worst gameplay since Gen I (glitches and bad game design fucking everywhere in that game)
>>
>Diamond, Pearl & Platinum
>Gold, Silver & Crystal

Something went wrong here.
>>
they suck crazy ass
>>
>>26386727
Overall enjoyable games, qt designs, overuse of fucking boulder pushing. I liked the underground, that was neat.
>>
>>26386727

DP felt like they had features withheld specifically for platinum. It was the first time I played a Pokemon game and felt that way. Not to mention a lot of previous gen evolutions were unobtainable pre national dex. That was complete bullshit.

Platinum is my second favorite game in the franchise. It fixed a lot of things (in my mind) from DP.
>>
SLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
I had fun playing them when they first released, though.
>>
>>26386727
I only played platinum.

I didn't like it.

I respect other's opinions on the matter, but I seriously hope 3rd gen is where game freak stops all traditions of remakes.
>>
>>26387117
Absolutely this
I enjoy playing them too. But they were so slow that it hurts some times
>>
I love the music and a lot of the new game mechanics they added. Also like everyone else said before me, Platinum saved it.

I really hate traversing Sinnoh though, and its not even about the places. I love a lot of the routes. It's just really tedious to get through with coronet blocking literally everything and ridiculous encounter rates.

It's also the first game that didn't really have any starter i liked, so that's always been pretty disappointing. Starly best starter
>>
I only played platinum out of those 3 and it's a magnificent game, I love it, I don't know about the two others though
>>
>>26386727
Platinum was actually the first Pokemon game I played all the way through lol
>>
Diamond and pearl: worst fucking games in the series, even worse than gen 1

Platinum: pretty damn cool
>>
The music is god tier. Almost no bad tracks.
>>
>>26386727
best pokemon design
>>
>>26386956
I... You... Well, you actually have a point.
>>
>>26386727
Fuck caves and snow/bog
Fuck DP dex
Fuck Piplup, Useless piece of garbage
Fuck the cancer that's Lucario
Fuck 14 LEGENDS
Fuck Slow-mo game
>>
>>26388707
Oh, I forgot: Fuck Fog Routes
>>
>>26386787
No, we don't. Fuck off, chode.
>>
>>26388120
>Seriously implying that Platinum is THAT drastically different than Diamond or Pearl's
>>
My opinion on DP is so sour that I'd probably never play Platnium, even if I got it for free.
>>
>>26388749
Diamond/Pearl were a buggy mess with a shitty Legendary, a worse regional Dex, poor balancing, and ruined a lot of the things that made Emerald great, and had the world's worst Elite 4 sans Champion battles (nothing beats "literally 1 attack and 3 moveslots on my Exeggutor" Blue)

Platinum was god's gift to Nintendo
>>
>>26388885

I've just played through all five Gen 4 games, and while Platinum is a very good improvement on DP, you're overating it way too fucking far.
>>
>>26388749
>>26388954
I agree wholeheartedly.
>>
>>26388885
What was buggy about d/p I don't remember anything bad?
>>
File: gimme_a_hug_man.png (18KB, 464x485px) Image search: [Google]
gimme_a_hug_man.png
18KB, 464x485px
>mfw I'm the only one who loves traveling through all of Sinnoh.
The caves, the marshes, the snow. It was all tedious and fun. I loved it all so much.
>>
Sinnoh added my favorite eeveelution
Glaceon is best
>>
Gen 4 best gen by far, really enjoyed Pearl when it came out and HGSS complemented it well
>>
>>26386727
The games that ruined the series. It's at this moment that I lost interest in Pokemon.
>>
>>26389103
>can't get glaceon in dppt, bw, or oras until you have six badges
>can't get glaceon in xy until you have seven badges
>can't get glaceon in bw2 until post game
>can't get glaceon at all in hgss

why is the icy rock always so late in the game, when you can get leafeon early on in most games
>>
>>26389092

I dunno what did it for me but Sinnoh feel the comfiest of all settings.
By contrast, I hate Hoenn. Not the games, they're great, but I hate tropical settings.
This doesn't bode well for upcoming SM games...
>>
>>26389170
Ice types are better than grass types? Glaceon is better than Leafeon and Leafeon is for scum who can't wait?
>>
>>26389197

The depressing thing is that this is probably what GF actually thinks
>Wow! We better move those overpowered, highly defensive Ice types to late in the game and restrict their movepools or they'd be totally unbalanced!
>>
>>26389152
Good riddance, faggot.
>>
Attack/Sp.attack split in moves is the most important mechanic they added so far in the games. Immediately makes a lot of pokemon not as shitty. I enjoy a good amount of the pokemon, I had tons of fun with Platinum including catching regigigas.
>>
>>26389319
Yeah it was nice you could commit to a nature.
I recently replayed Gen 3 about 3 times and it's frustrating how all starters need to run mixed since Blaziken/Swampert have a special and a physical type, Whereas Sceptile is limited to grass and Dragon (very late; Meteor Falls) unless you run him mixed as well.
>>
Comfy as fuck, best starters, and the difficulty of route passing makes it feel like a legit adventure

I hated the slowness of DP, though.
>>
The dragon trio were my favourite legendaries.
>>
Platinum was the best, but dp was extremely slow
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.