[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this board predominantly Gen II aligned? Is it because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Why is this board predominantly Gen II aligned? Is it because of HG/SS, the most overrated remakes ever? Or is it some sort of delusion that they aren't like genwunners because they were near the end of the Pokeboom? Im really curious now. Every gen gets its fair share of hate and love but Gen II is always strangely omitted.
>>
>>26386001
Because everbody knows the first two gens were the best, for various reasons, but vp dosent want to be associated with genwunners.
>>
>>26386001
>most overrated remakes of all time

Nice meme. There's literally no competition

Gen 2 introduced the most gameplay changes period and damn good music, with gb sounds if you want to listen with them
>>
>>26386106
HG/SS are very overrated and get too much praise. In addition to introducing new problems, they barely did anything to fix the originals' problems of having an awful level curve, unbalanced Pokémon distribution in the wild and among trainers (Why didn't Morty have a Misdreavus and why didn't Falkner have a Hoothoot or Noctowl?), and a barren, stripped down Kanto. But it seems like most fans of the games don't even notice or acknowledge these issues because they're attracted to the special gimmicks like Pokémon being able to follow you (Pokémon Amie makes me feel closer to my Pokémon than them just following you) and a unique Safari Zone that has the unfortunate problem of making you wait several days just to catch certain Pokémon. Not to mention the Game Corner was outright replaced with the tedious Voltorb Flip, and you weren't able to just simply trade Pokédollars for the coins. You had to waste a lot of time playing the darn minigame to get TMs and other items you wanted. It just amazes me that, despite all of these noticeable flaws, there are many people out there who still insist these are the best Pokémon games ever. They're not bad by any means, but they are hardly the best.
>>
File: kantoplain.gif (560KB, 1173x957px) Image search: [Google]
kantoplain.gif
560KB, 1173x957px
>>26386001
>Every gen gets its fair share of hate and love but Gen II is always strangely omitted.
How's your first day on /vp/? Gen II gets a shit ton of hate - poor Johto mon distribution, "bland region" that can't stand on its own two feet, castrated Kanto, lots of shitmon like Stantler introduced, the worst levelling curve in the entire series, and so on.

In all seriousness though, it's simply that HG/SS ARE some of the best games in the franchise:
>Emerald
>Platinum
>HG/SS
>Gen 5
These all stand leagues above the rest of the series. HeartGold/SoulSilver simply get more praise on here than some of the others because the age demographic of 4chan sways towards the 16(kek) to 25 mark, so there's a lot of people who played and enjoyed GSC when they first released.

Also
>HG/SS, the most overrated remakes ever?
They're """overrated""" for a reason, it's because they had the balls to take liberties with the source material when parts of the source material sucked (which FR/LG was too pussy to do), but they didn't take too many liberties and outright remove/butcher parts of the game as OR/AS did. Whether you personally enjoy the actual source material or not, the HG/SS approach was the best way to tackle a remake
>>
You're allowed to like Gen 2, unlike Gen 1. So its perfect for nostalgiafags that want to be hip.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.