[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post YFW Owlfags and 6.5 fags were BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: image.gif (41KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
41KB, 356x200px
Post YFW Owlfags and 6.5 fags were BTFO
>>
File: triggered.png (92KB, 654x469px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
92KB, 654x469px
>>
File: undefined.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
undefined.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>26383867
>owlfags btfo
?
>>
>>26383878
Owlfags as in "ROOTHOOT WILL BE THE STARTER, YOU WILL SEE".

>Inb4 "it will be the evolution"
Stop.
>>
>>26383899
No one actually belived it was real, it was just Timmy forcing his shitty drawings as usual. He does that now again with the starter evos
>>
>>26383899
Roothoot is the starter though.
>>
>>26383927
Except no. Aside from the color scheme and the fact they're both owls, they're not at all similar. Where is the bowtie? Where is the soft, spherical body shape? What's with the personality switch? Why are the eyes entirely different?
>>
>>26383973
Stop responding to bait
>>
File: 1462992039047.jpg (429KB, 694x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462992039047.jpg
429KB, 694x900px
>mfw roothoot confirmed fake
>>
>>26383917
>this much backtracking

Keep trying, owlfag
>>
File: Rowlet full evolution line.jpg (179KB, 1432x940px) Image search: [Google]
Rowlet full evolution line.jpg
179KB, 1432x940px
>>26383867

Nah, we won
>>
File: 1462215180848.png (97KB, 486x468px) Image search: [Google]
1462215180848.png
97KB, 486x468px
>>
File: 1462223332794.png (1MB, 1768x894px) Image search: [Google]
1462223332794.png
1MB, 1768x894px
>>
>6.5 fags

Were they? There's still no proof that they aren't battle and trade compatible with XY/ORAS.

You fags just scream 'btfo' at every piece of news without actually understanding the argument.
>>
File: 1463581460145-1.png (117KB, 355x199px) Image search: [Google]
1463581460145-1.png
117KB, 355x199px
>>26383867
Post YFW you're 14 years old and have nothing better to do with your time than post these threads every single day
>>
>>26384053
>There's still no proof that they aren't battle and trade compatible with XY/ORAS.
There's also no proof that can be done, nor is there any reasonable assumption that will ever be the case, and a generation has always been defined by new Pokemon.
>>
>>26384053
6.5fags, yes. 6fags, not yet. They still have to see the games themselves or get certain info to determine right or wrong.
>>
>>26384053
Gen 2 was battle/trade compatible with gen 1 though. That's not what separates a gen
>>
>>26384079
>Gen 2 was battle compatible with gen 1 though
Nope. Trades only.
>>
>>26384069
> nor is there any reasonable assumption that will ever be the case
Pentagons
Floette
Zygarde moves

>>26384079
>Gen 2 was battle compatible with gen 1

No it wasn't, now fuck off underagefag.
>>
>>26384068
You got asspained, rofl

Like dude. You just got really REALLY asspained

GET FUCKING OWNED
>>
>>26384068
>admitting you're 14
Good going.
>>26384069
There's evidence that can't really be explained away. There is definitive proof that they were at least planning something and those are the pentagons. Even if you wanna speculate if they're scrapped or not, they still remains as proof.
>>
>>26384068
OP here

Get out you assblasted owlfag
>>
File: latest[1].png (376B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
376B, 24x24px
>>26384095
Cut content/dummy data if they ever wanted to make more games but later decided not to
Cut/planned distribution
Cut/planned distribution

None of that confirms trade/battle compatibility; just because something is in the game doesn't mean it's an obligation they HAVE to fulfill it. Also reminder that Shiny Xerneas was recently distributed via wi-fi, which means unique distributions can still happen before Sun and Moon are released, which would be perfect for all of the cut moves and mons we have yet to see.
>>
>>26384019
I didn't even participate in your autism olympics, I had like 40 threads filtered at all times during the owlspam. But keep projecting
>>
>>26384144
There's still no proof they WON'T use them during SM either dumbass. They're not going to do ANOTHER Zygarde event for Thousand Arrows/Waves when they literally just did one.
>>
>>26384180
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Burden of proof is on the affirmative claim; in formal debate, you need to demonstrate that something will happen, not that something won't happen.
>>
>>26384142
You have to admit that the sole intention of these threads are to blow up steam for no reason. It's getting old and annoying, people are spreading misinformation left and right. It really contributes nothing to the board. At least I get the chance to post things I have on my mind.
>>26384144
I doubt they would cut something as significant and hyped as what's been going on. That there are working moves means that they have at least planned for things. Combine this with the pentagon indexes and we end up with the plans for 2 more game entries.
>None of that confirms trade/battle compatibility
First off, trade compatibility is kinda out of the argument here. Second, yes you are right. Nothing simply proves that it is battle compatible. However, absence of evidence or proof is not evidence or proof of absence. Keep that ingrained in your mind, please. That's something most people here forget in this argument.
>>
>>26384193
This argument goes two ways, gen 7 fag. I've already provided evidence that they will be battle/trade compatible. All you're doing is going "NU UH, C-COULD BE UNUSED"
>>
>>26384207
>I've already provided evidence that they will be battle/trade compatible
Where?
>>
>>26384214
>>26384095
>>
>>26384207
No, you haven't proven anything, but rather mentioned some evidence.
You have to account in the possibility of some things remaining unused.
>>26384214
However, they have planned for one thing which could easily prove trade compatibility: Mr. Totem F. Away
>>
>>26384231
I never said I proved everything. I swear to christ every one of you gen 7 fags is illiterate.

YOU have to account for the possibility that they WILL be used.
>>
>>26384263
>I never said I proved everything
ah, I misread provided as proved. Well woops.
>I swear to christ every one of you gen 7 fags is illiterate
Well I'm a 6fag so woop
They're not illiterate, they just believe in something else than we do. It's like the middle east at this point, the difference here is instead of blowing shit up in other countries, they blow up this board by constantly creating these BTFO threads.
>>
File: 200px-Altering_Cave_FRLG[1].png (34KB, 200x147px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Altering_Cave_FRLG[1].png
34KB, 200x147px
>>26384228
Already addressed. None of that is evidence, just acknowledgement that it's present. Dummy data is added all of the time in many games, leaving developers room to expand and adopt if they ever want to or need to in the future, but that doesn't mean it will always be used. There is no doubt they PLANNED to make two new gen 6 games at one point, which would be what the pentagons would be for, but there's no evidence that SM are the last games for the pentagon. It might go that way, yes, but there's nothing showing that other than the fact the pentagons exist, which is far more likely just dummied content. Show me that SM use the pentagon and you will have a point, otherwise you have no evidence. Just because something is in the game doesn't mean it will ever be used. As for the moves, again, distributions can and will happen.
>>
>>26383973
They're both barn owls.

It'd be pretty hard to guess a barn owl with that color scheme before the name trademarks were a thing.
>>
>>26384300
>None of that is evidence
Not for battle or trade compatibility, but that there has at LEAST been plans, if the case is generation 7.
As I said, the Strange Souvenir is pretty hard evidence of it being generation 6 itself, but there's nothing beyond that. It doesn't prove a whole lot, if the reality is that it's 7th gen.
>As for the moves, again, distributions can and will happen
You can't claim it will, but of course they can. With evidence supporting Zygarde to be related to Sun and Moon's storyline, I would argue that this would not be the case.
>>
>>26384360
>With evidence supporting Zygarde to be related to Sun and Moon's storyline
Yes, the GROUND Pokemon that is a guardian of KALOS is going to go across the OCEAN to a series of islands to be in ALOLA.

Please, show me this hard evidence connecting Zygarde to SM.
>>
>>26383917
>I was only pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>26384305
I agree. As far as I'm concerned, owlfags won.
>>
>>26384420
Hard evidence? It's debatable if it is, but whatever.
Zygarde itself, its Perfect form has the colors of X, Y, Sun and Moon's logo. This means the design itself predicts Sun and Moon, this is not some silly coincidence.
Thousand tidal Waves and Thousand sun Arrows. I don't know about Solgaleo, but Lunaala either being part Flying type or having Levitate makes a whole lot of sense when considering the Thousand Arrows move. Lunaala seemingly being a bat makes this also pretty interesting, Dracula, anyone?
Azoth and Azoth kingdom tie things together really nice when talking about things in the lore. This video should wrap it up quite nicely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTSGiZfIhU

Zygarde being bound to the Kalos region can be explained away in three ways, though very different ways. This is not part of evidence, but is more speculation than anything else:
- We do indeed return to Kalos, which I wouldn't really doubt because there is a lot of untied knots in all of the region. Zygarde stuff would happen over there.
- Zygarde 50% is in two places, both Kalos and Alola. Because of the anime and what it shows, I think this is the least likely thing.
- Hoopa comes into play, teleporting Zygarde and probably the cores/cells as well to Alola. This is the most speculative explanation, but there is a 2 part theory that partially touches on this. It involves that Hoopa Unbound isn't its actual final/true form and I know; jesus christ, which might be seen as a stretch but hey, it's just speculations and theories.
Videos are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F02q-JTy-yg
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY-nlV4b-Ho Give it a listen if you wanna hear some cool theories that aren't Game Theory worthy, goddamn trust me.
>>
>>26384662
>Zygarde itself, its Perfect form has the colors of X, Y, Sun and Moon's logo. This means the design itself predicts Sun and Moon, this is not some silly coincidence.
Red and blue are common color elements through the entire series. So...yeah. This is a coincidence.

>Thousand tidal Waves and Thousand sun Arrows
U wot m8? Tidal wave I guess I can see, but who the hell ever thinks "sun arrow"? I honestly don't think I've ever heard of that term before. It just sounds like people are really grasping at straws with how to connect Zygarde to SM. None of this is hard evidence, just fan interpretation. People want to believe Zygarde will feature in SM, so they're looking for anyway that might happen.

As for the rest of the stuff, yeah, speculation and whatnot. The only one that might hold any water is Hoopa.

Mind you, I actually like the idea that Zygarde is involved in SM. I personally imagined that the enemy team captures one of the 50% Zygarde and brings it to Alola (could be the regional team, or an offshoot of Flare). However, even if there is a Zygarde event in SM, it completely ignores the biggest issue: how does that mean battle compatibility with VI? You needed to transfer the Regis forward to get Gigas, but that didn't give you anything in III. Why would a hypothetical Zygarde event in SM do anything for XYORAS? It would give you access to those moves, sure, but that's it, and that could easily be done with a distribution. Why go through the elaborate process of creating all of the logistics of restrictions needed for backwards compatibility (cutting new mons, moves, abilities, items, possible new mechanics and stats) just to give the older games two moves? At best you could fight your friends who have XYORAS while you have SM and use Zygarde's moves against them, but then why wouldn't they just have SM too?
>>
>>26384053
A gen is a gen. You can't say it's half.
>>
>>26384053
What about the battle UI for S&M? Sure XY's and ORAS' aren't exactly the same, but they're very similar and I don't know if there's ever been a case of two drastically different battle UIs in one gen as XYORAS and SM would be if they were both Gen 6.
>>
>>26384759
>Red and blue are common color elements through the entire series.
There are no orange/cyan colored logos outside of Sun and Moon's logos. To be more exact, the colors on Zygarde's chest match the exact shade of the X/Y and S/M logos. No, this is not a coincidence as it's a Pokémon in the same generation as X/Y as well as being one very lore heavy Pokémon. This links the aspect of X/Y, which then you could see Sun and Moon for the rest.
>who the hell ever thinks "sun arrow"? You know what we mean; sun rays. You're running a bit low on actual arguments here, I'd stop being this nitpicky on what terms are being used.
>None of this is hard evidence, just fan interpretation.
Of course, but then again what did I first state? This is evidence, regardless of how soft you view it to be.

>it completely ignores the biggest issue: how does that mean battle compatibility with VI?
To put it quite simple: it doesn't, it's not meant to and not at all by itself.
It's not where all grasping lies, though. It's generally things left unfinished by not only X and Y but OR/AS as well as in muh Battle Frontier.
>You needed to transfer the Regis forward to get Gigas, but that didn't give you anything in III.
Not really comparable, as Zygarde is a generation 6 Pokémon.
>Why would a hypothetical Zygarde event in SM do anything for XYORAS?
It wouldn't do anything but hurt it. I'm pretty sure Game Freak wouldn't want to create one of the most disappointing generations, despite their way is the way of the money. People in general don't WANT things to be deliberately bad, of course if there's no major biases in play.

CONTINUED REPLY, CHARACTER LIMIT
Please don't reply before I've posted the second reply, would really help.
>>
People tend to date just so they're not alone. I'm alone and perfectly fine with my life as is. If the right person comes along, I'll loosen up a bit but I'm not changing who I am just so I can have someone to spoon with. When/If the right person comes along It will be natural, unforced, and easy!
That last one is so important because I can't tell you how many people I know forcing themselves in to dysfunctional relationships just for the status of being in a couple.
Last Saturday I was at a party and this couple ruined it for everyone because they started fighting in front of the whole party. She punched him in the face and he called her a cheating whore.
Fuck that shit!
couples on Facebook posting about each other.
Fuck that shit!
Co-dependent couples.
Fuck that shit!
couples who have kids they can't afford.
Fuck that shit!
Couples who can only be in a couple or they have an identity crisis.
Fuck that shit!
I'm single, I'm responsible, I have money, I have my whole life in front of me.
If I want to go hang out with my bros, I can do it when ever I want!
If I want to eat Cheetos off the bathroom floor I can! NO ONE WILL KNOW!
Don't have to shave my pubs.
I can be as discussing or as sexy as I want to be with no judgment.
I can FART and guess what? I enjoy it.
I don't have to figure out when I'm going to delegate my time to anyone.
Here's my philosophy: LOVE your self and all your flaws so that when the time is right you know how to Love someone else and all their flaws. Amen.
So go out there and be YOU! Don't define your self worth by someone else.
Skydive, mountain climb, run a 5k, open a business, learn guitar, build a guitar, look at people in the eye and smile, SING! Hold your head high and say "FUCK YEAH! I'M ME!"
Before you know it people will look at you and think "Man I wish I was single so I could go after that person."
>>
>>26383973
>Aside from the color scheme and the fact they're both owls
These are major details though. I don't know who the fuck created Roothoot but they were pretty damn close.
>>
>>26384053
Yes anon they're totally gonna be battle-compatible with ORAS and XY. Just don't forget to restrict all the new moves, new abilities, new items, new megas (include ORAS ones if XY), and new Pokemon

Yeah it will totally happen
>>
>>26384759
>>26384991
>Why go through the elaborate process of creating all of the logistics of restrictions needed for backwards compatibility (cutting new mons, moves, abilities, items, possible new mechanics and stats)
This is no hard work. It's as basic as creating a banlist. Everything in battle compatibility would be limited to X/Y's standards, which is how we can explain things like moves/abilities, items "new mechanics like another recode of Megas; like Primals are and new megas. They're simply just gonna be banned just like how they were in OR/AS. As said, it's no difficult job. Game Freak has proven to do it with like, 30 or something compatibility breaking new things introduced in OR/AS, they can easily do it again. Not to mention, there's little coding involved, especially in comparison to patches which actually couldn't have been done anyway. Thanks, Kaphotics for that info. No patches = $$$ anyway
>just to give the older games two moves?
I wouldn't say JUST for two new moves. They have financial interest in continued battle compatibility. They could have forgotten X/Y and had OR/AS compatibility dropped. If it's 6th gen, they've been planning every single thing of this all along.
>At best you could fight your friends who have XYORAS while you have SM and use Zygarde's moves against them, but then why wouldn't they just have SM too?
I see where you're coming from, but I see it more like the case with Kyurem. It's amazing how similar these cases are, really.
Anyway, it can be explained with cash. Yeah, why wouldn't they have S/M? I mean, many people said that when OR/AS released as it had more things. S/M would be no exception to that.
Also, they are more multiplayer focused these days. "The day of simple friends is over" and that yaddi yadda.
>>
>>26385131
See what I said in >>26385136; There is literally no problem with doing this and super easy, especially for them who are actual game developers.
>>
>>26385149
You're downplaying the amount of restrictions and headaches that causes. I can't believe you actually think banning stones is somewhat equivalent to flagging every single new thing they introduce in a new gen. No to mention if that was even an option, they would've done Platinum BW compatible, and suprise surprise how it turned out

Besides you're stupid cash argument can easily be turned over to you because no battle compatibility --> people buy SM to battle friends --> cash
>>
>>26384991
>No, this is not a coincidence as it's a Pokémon in the same generation as X/Y as well as being one very lore heavy Pokémon
The colors create a spectrum with white in the center. Orange and cyan make the most sense to bridge the three colors (red, white, and blue, which happen to be the French flag, cementing the Kalos-specific connection), although I will yield it would have made more sense to use pink instead of orange, so maybe there's something there. As for lore, the only lore really has only shown up in the anime, which is true for just about every Pokemon except Arceus.
>You know what we mean; sun rays
Okay, now I see what you mean, since you explained it, but you can't just lay it out there for people to take at face value without expecting people to be confused. Fucking nobody uses the term "arrow" when referring to sun rays. But again, this is people looking to make a connection when there isn't necessarily one. As for thinking I'm running low on arguments you don't seem to have many in the first place.
>Of course, but then again what did I first state? This is evidence, regardless of how soft you view it to be.
I specifically asked for hard evidence, not for tea leaf interpretations.

>It's generally things left unfinished by not only X and Y but OR/AS
How are they unfinished? I'll give you that the number of Pokemon is lacking and there's no endgame, but that doesn't mean it's unfinished. It's a lack of content, but it's not unfinished by any sense of the word, unless you want to count a few instances of dummied data unfinished, but then you can claim just about any game in the world unfinished, as TCRF can attest.

>It wouldn't do anything but hurt it
Then why have you been arguing that Zygarde in SM is evidence for 6.5, if it would only hurt XYORAS?

Comment too long, there will be a second reply.
>>
>>26385032
I can do all of that and still fuck my hot wife every night.
Sucks to be you, chump.
>>
>>26384991
>despite their way is the way of the money
Ah yes, the money. You know what would yield the most money from this endeavor? Not having any compatibility between XYORAS and SM. Obviously they'll need to have a way to transfer forward, but if money is what they're after, then what better way then to get everybody to upgrade to the next generation by telling them they can't battle or trade backwards? Pokemon has always been a social game after all, it's the reason why we haven't had a full console debut (the cited reason is that friends will be unable to meet up in person to interact). People will inevitably buy SM, and if people want to continue to battle and trade with their friends who upgrade then they will have to upgrade too in order to do so; if there was trade and battle compatibility then people could stick with their old games and still play with their friends who happen to upgrade.

>This is no hard work. It's as basic as creating a banlist
And yet, they didn't do that for compatibility between IV and V. Did you know they used the same battle system? Did you know compatibility was possible if they only banned the stuff that wasn't in IV? But they didn't. It was never a matter of possibility, it's the willingness to do so. And it's not like it was in ORAS. ORAS had no new Pokemon, it was just new items, new forms (megas tied to items or moves), new abilities (tied to the megas) and a handful of new moves. You could still trade and battle all of your Pokemon. You cannot do that with XYORAS and SM, there WILL be Pokemon-specific limitations between compatibility.

Comment still too long. More to follow.
>>
>>26383973
Don't forget the grass/flying typing.
>>
>>26385136
>I wouldn't say JUST for two new moves.
Well, I was talking specifically Zygarde, because that was the focus, but yes, the same could be done for other moves: a distribution.

>They have financial interest in continued battle compatibility.
Unless the price drops for the old games (which Nintendo has historically never done), they have all of the money they will get from XYORAS. All of the new money is in purely new games, which SM will do regardless if there is compatibility or not, and as I explained earlier there's more money in forcing friends to upgrade rather than staggering the userbase.

>They could have forgotten X/Y and had OR/AS compatibility dropped
Compatibility was a simple item and move ban. Nothing more was needed to be done. All Pokemon were still compatible.

>Yeah, why wouldn't they have S/M?
Then why bother going through the effort of creating compatibility? Agreed, it's not entirely complex, but it's still extra work that can be done for...what, exactly? All it would do is ensure people will be less likely to upgrade. The only other reason people would upgrade is to just experience the new content and new characters, but if that's the case then why worry about compatibility at all?

Unfortunately I must leave for work, so I doubt I will get to continue this conversation with you. I would have enjoyed it. Although we disagree, it's hard to find someone as civil and level headed as you.
>>
>>26385281
Because a grass starter who happens to be an owl will logically only be dual-Fighting. Nobody could have predicted flying for that.
>>
>>26385177
Colors still are very specifically chosen, there should be no doubt about it and no mention of it being a coincidence.
>As for lore, the only lore really has only shown up in the anime, which is true for just about every Pokemon except Arceus.
Yeah, but in the sense of what things here are actually based on. Real world mythology also comes into play.
>How are they unfinished?
I said untied knots before as well. Basically there's a lot of shit leading up to new games. Whether these are Sun and Moon are all up to your belief. You said you wanted that, though, so I see no problem.
>Then why have you been arguing that Zygarde in SM is evidence for 6.5, if it would only hurt XYORAS?
First off, not "6.5". I've gone over this before why that is an extremely bad way of saying things.
Zygarde being story related and "distributed" considering the catch rates of this generation and OR/AS just giving you Lati@s through in-game events and not over the internet/game shops and whatever wouldn't hurt XY/ORAS at all. You're kinda replying outside the context of your own argument, so I have to go a bit outta my way as well.
>>26385268
>You know what would yield the most money from this endeavor? Not having any compatibility between XYORAS and SM.
It would initially do so, of course, but it would drop a lot of players right of the bat. Not just in the sense that they're missing out, but that their investment is lost and consumer trust plummets. It's very important having a strong consumer trust, keeps people coming back.
CONT.
>>
>>26385268
>>26385441
>And yet, they didn't do that for compatibility between IV and V. Did you know they used the same battle system? Did you know compatibility was possible if they only banned the stuff that wasn't in IV?
No, that would have required extreme amount of extra compensation coding. Some dramatic and major changes that would hinder a smooth process that's found in XY/ORAS are Sleep, Wish and Sturdy as examples. They got changes in how they work. This isn't comparable to base power or accuracy changes that are found in mid-gen games like Platinum, if I'm correct. There's simple compensation code to "revert" back to the older games' numbers. It's what we mean with "battle mechanics", the things that change drastically how things work.
> It was never a matter of possibility, it's the willingness to do so.
You might say so, but I'm not sure myself if they could actually have done that. I'm no expert on the 4th generation, I don't really know what file structure they used. We should both look that up, at least, when I get my DS hacking tools to work again.
>>26385318
>which SM will do regardless if there is compatibility or not
Would easily draw in more people if people don't feel like their previous investments fell short, again with the customer trust. You could say "gen 7 hype" means a lot more, but then again remember all the Zygarde hype.
> there's more money in forcing friends to upgrade
I mean, that's exactly what OR/AS did. You get something better, but you're still able to keep in touch with the ones who thought "nah".
>it's still extra work that can be done for...what, exactly?
Loyalty, customer trust and a very large, happy and united install base. An actual good generation, ending on a good note if S/M are amazing which I don't doubt much from the looks of it.
>All it would do is ensure people will be less likely to upgrade.
I see where you're coming from here. However, I'm pretty sure that people would be upset for no compatibility. CONT.
>>
>>26385268
>ORAS had no new Pokemon, it was just new forms
6fag's arguments are for that this doesn't matter; it breaks compatibility either way. Keeping it to X/Y's standard is the only way of doing things without interruptions. New things, whether it be new megas, new moves, new abilities break compatibility no matter if it has a seperate dex entry or not. Simply put, we trust a lot more in the way the games interract instead of the way the developers nicely packaged information in a conveniently labeled way for the player to view and discover about the world in these games. It's the reason why we even argue in the first place, it's the basis of the factual arguments.
The other points you make are also explained what I said; If it's new it's new. Compatibility has nothing to do with what that new thing is, because it's something that doesn't even exist in the older games.
Got sidetracked, I think. Multiple replies confused me a bit.

>>26385318
>>26385691
>Compatibility was a simple item and move ban. Nothing more was needed to be done. All Pokemon were still compatible.
Well yeah, exactly. That's basically the basis of the argument; the standard X/Y set. They had to ban new megas and forms as well, I think you forgot to mention.
>>All it would do is ensure people will be less likely to upgrade.
>I see where you're coming from here. However, I'm pretty sure that people would be upset for no compatiblity
and would hurt customer trust, the longevity of things is extremely important and that's mostly what any company thinks about. You know how important customer trust is if you look at SEGA's console and add-on releases. It feels extremely abusive at that point.
>but if that's the case then why worry about compatibility at all?
You guessed it, customer trust. Hate to repeat myself, but yeah.
>>
>>26385318
>Unfortunately I must leave for work, so I doubt I will get to continue this conversation with you. I would have enjoyed it.
Yeah, honestly I'm enjoying this kind of conversation, even though it's pretty time consuming and I probably shouldn't.
>Although we disagree, it's hard to find someone as civil and level headed as you
I thought the same thing, honestly. It's nice to find someone also skeptic on the other side of the grass. I usually get shit flac and people not taking the points at all, spurting "retard, RETARD" even if I suggest some possibility. Thanks for calling me level-headed, by the way. I feel like I'm one of the only people who can properly argue, leading a bunch of sheep but the sheep go off eating cactus and fighting wolves instead of doing or saying the right and correct things. I feel like some people on the same side as me spout bullshit like they believe they have irrefutable proof for something they don't and seem like they are legitimately retarded. I absolutely hate that and that some label themselves "6.5fags" even though that's exactly what I said; a label. Much like muh feminism in the sense of it being just a label at this point.
I'm kinda semi-known as I have like account everywhere under one username, being the guy behind a lot of Fug series, the OR/AS Nostalgia ROM hacking project and that one Hoenn Trumpet project which has autofill result on Google oh my. You could always easily get contact with me if you ever wanted, dude. I guess I'll either be seeing you or not, but anyway have fun. and let's hope Sun and Moon are amazing regardless
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.