[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon GO Field Test / Beta Test

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: pokemon_go_corner.png (73KB, 350x238px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_corner.png
73KB, 350x238px
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS?

>The Pokémon Company and Niantic invite users to field test Pokémon GO in the United States of America.
>Please note that sign up doesn’t guarantee access to the field test. The Pokémon GO field test will give users the opportunity to share early feedback and help improve the Pokémon GO experience.

>http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com

>>
>>26378982
Maybe if I get a response nukka
>>
>>26379001

>9001

IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSAND! Yeah, here's to hoping I get a reply back too soon. The anticipation is killing me.
>>
Id rather forget about it since its not like the games
>>
>>26378982
Signed up at like 2 still no reply
>>
>>26378982
>pokemongo
Don't forget localization, that sounds silly in Spanish.

Also, the game layout needs more work. I was expecting more drawings, just like in Pokémon Shuffle (yes, I realize this is not related to your job).
>>
>>26378982
There's been to many naysayers on /vp/ for to long pulling everything apart because it's not Pokémon Android and iPhone like they wanted. Think it's to the point where we just take our excitement off the board. It sucks for people who have no other place to talk about it but board culture has just gotten that bad.
>>
When the fuck do I get to play
>>
>>26381416
You aren't guaranteed to get in even if you sign up.
>>
Expect invites to be sent out on the 29th or the 30th.
>>
File: 1459202245629.jpg (60KB, 480x486px) Image search: [Google]
1459202245629.jpg
60KB, 480x486px
>>26378982
I'm guessing that if I haven't ever played Ingress, I probably shouldn't bother because my registration is gonna get insta-trashed anyway, right?
>>
>>26380717
this desu senpai
we got a whole board who shits on you for expressing interest
>it's not exactly like the games it's shittt your expectations are shittt
but they're the ones with the outrageous expectations, not me.
and so now they talk a whole bunch of shit, but low key they signed up just to bitch and or "confirm" that they hate it.
>>
>>26383094
they dont even authenticate with your ingress info, they just ask if you remember your username-level.
im sure its all picked with a randomizer anyways
>>
File: Screenshot_20160518-071635.png (1008KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160518-071635.png
1008KB, 1080x1920px
>>26383710
It's half random and half experience with these types of games.
>>
>>26383821
well thats still good odds so i say everyone should just apply for it if they want.
>>
>>26378982
>WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS?
because it's fucking shit
>>
>>26384111
See>>26383689
Eat a fat dick, shitposter.
>>
>>26380717
It's what happens when you have an army of redditors who have yet to move past the whole "mobile is shit DAE PC master race lel" meme.
>>
>>26384385
Not him but it definitely LOOKS like ass. I can't vouch for how it plays but it definitely lacks the polish I expect coming from something Pokemon/Nintendo is involved with.
>>
>>26384385
>I like mobile games
Just go play ingress you dumb sack of shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (271KB, 640x813px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271KB, 640x813px
>>26384497
>>26384492
>>
>>26384502
I didn't say I didn't like it you underaged cunt.
>>
>>26380717
>>26384385
>>26384502

Do you hear the people sing? Singing the songs of angry men. It is a music of a people who will not be shitposted again!
>>
File: 1463451848677.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463451848677.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>26383821
>consider improvement a part of the reward
>game data can get wiped without a moment's notice
>all of this bullshit just to beta test

wew
>>
>>26385294
My thoughts exactly, how hard is it too at least give a beta tester in game hat or something
>>
>>26385294
>>26385511
>I have never seen a beta of anything before.

They are saying
1. It's a beta, there will be changes and your progress will be restarted many times because you're testing the game.
2. We are not responsible if you go over your data limit, same way youtube is not responsible if you stream music all day and go over your data.
3.We are not paying you, you are not an employee, it's a beta. It specifically says premiums or monetary rewards.

The line about data is similar throughout any phone game, the rest is similar in any beta I've seen.

You're trying harder, I'll give you that.
>>
>>26378982
So interestingly enough on the sign up page it says: "If I don’t get into the Field Test, please notify me by email when Pokémon GO goes to public release." Meaning that it could be pretty close to being finished/released.
>>
File: 1459642237452.jpg (74KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1459642237452.jpg
74KB, 512x512px
Forgot this game was a thing. I signed up!
>>
>>26387422
Maybe close to a public beta but not a public release. You forget that Niantic Labs is part of Google. Google always has some lengthy public beta period before either quietly removing the beta label or quietly sunsetting it after everyone left if it was too shitty.
>>
>>26380717
>no other place to talk about it

/r/pokemongo
>>
>>26379014
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>26379014
epic meme for le win!
upboated, my dear anon
haha!
>>
>>26388080
How about the trouble makers go to reddit?
>>
Nobody's talking about it because who the hell cares about Ingress? Because that's all this is. Ingress with a Pokemon skin.

Maybe that's all it needs to be good, but it just reeks of a lazy cash-in.
>>
>>26388909
If you think that it's an ingress re-skinning,I'm pretty sure you've never played ingress
>>
File: 1463529783805.png (261KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463529783805.png
261KB, 600x600px
can someone please TL;DR me what PokeGo is? You go on dif parts of your city to find pokemon and then you 'catch' them?
>>
>>26390988
You catch with a minigame where you throw the pokeball at tagger around the pokemon. You join a team, claim spots called gyms by leaving pokemon, fight gyms with a dodging and attacking minigame. You get two kinds of attacks, tap for a quick attack, hold for a slower special attack. In the Australian beta, quick attacks are OP so hopefully that'll be rebalanced soon. Fight gyms to strengthen pokemon. Catch more of a pokemon to evolve it, i think you can get parts of that from the item locations too.

Ah yes, certain locations give items, don't know if they're called pokemarts.

Only original 151 at the moment, hopefully they introduce more gens later.
>>
>>26391305

That sounds kinda shitty desu. That's nothing like the handheld pokemon games.
>>
>>26391405
Neither is pokemon rumble.
>>
File: 1461367916909.jpg (53KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1461367916909.jpg
53KB, 403x403px
The only reason why I think it's so shitty is because they finally had their chance to make the "in real life" Pokemon game that fans have dreamed of and they ruined it. Maybe they'll fix it in patches, but no nicknames, battles and the whole "catch more Pokemon to evolve" thing really ruins the individuality of each Pokemon. A lot of people just wanted the opportunity to catch their favourite Pokemon in the real world and battle their friends.
The hype died when people realised that this isn't what it was. They're not asking for much, if anything it is even less than what is given.
I will probably still play it, but it will never be as good as it could have been.
>>
>>26391640
We've become intimately aware with with certain people's expectations and disappointment.

Personally I'm liking the look of it, excited at the possibility of controlling my neighborhood and beefing over turf in my city's sculpture park.

The 'classes' for pokemon does seem give a certain variety of pokemon, with certain classes being better in a gym or kept with you to attack, and you can improve a pokemon by using him in a gym or fight.

The catching to evolve is a bit odd and kind of grindy for me, but I'm just glad there's evolutions at all, most side games don't. I do certainly hope that nicknames happen though.

I'm sorry that it's not a mobile version of a main game, but I really don't think that's worth people causing so much trouble it kills what could have been a fun general.
>>
>>26387920
>You forget that Niantic Labs is part of Google
They're not, they left google over a year ago. They lost most of their developers in the split which is why they've become so slow at implementing everything they've promised.
>>
>>26391595
>Neither is pokemon rumble
Which is a shitty game, just as PoGo
>>
>>26391640
>>26391956
the catching more to evolve is standard mobile game mechanic and intended to give players a use for the multiple copies of common pokemon in their neighborhood.
you realize since the pokemon are localized, there's going to be ones you see over and over, right? that gives you incentive to catch them anyway.
>>
>>26392144
It's not got the depth of the mainline games, but it's a fun little side game, especially if you co-op with friends. I guess you just don't like gauntlet-style games, then?
>>
>>26391956
>and you can improve a pokemon by using him in a gym or fight.
Has this been confirmed? last I read the leaks they pointed out that you can't train your pokemon (they remain at the strength you catch them at, as your character levels up you can catch stronger pokemon) and gyms are the only form of "fighting" that there is, ie no fighting against wild pokemon or other trainers..
>>
>>26392164
> I guess you just don't like gauntlet-style games, then?
I don't like games that have nothing to them. If i didn I'd be hooked on candy crush or whatever like the rest of the people out there.
>>
I thought the idea was stupid at first but after hearing my friends expectations of the game, I realized how cool it would be to play real life pokemon with friends and people in my community.
Then after seeing some of the early shit, it was clear that its Ingress with Pokemon Skin slapped on. I mean its a better UI but I realized the game play would be nothing like Pokemon. I still thought Id play it anyways, but then months go by and it still hasnt come out. At this point im suffering from allergies just looking out a window and know by the time the game does come out, its going to be too shitty for me to even go out and play it.
Plus from what I gather, its only Gen 1 pokemon. Theres only like a few pokemon from that Gen I care about so it makes me less excited.
Still I did sign up for the beta
>>
>>26392173
Thought I saw it in the Australian beta leak, I could be wrong but I'm quite sure I remember seeing it.
>>
>>26391956
It's not meant to be a mobile version of the game. It really isn't, and whoever keeps saying this doesn't understand what the fuck anyone is complaining about.
The gyms are cool and seem to be an interesting way to be able to train your mons, but it should have definitely been an extra way to train if you can't find anyone to battle, train, level up and evolve with.
Honestly if they just added the ability to evolve your Pokemon through the EXP it would be fine. The battle mechanics themselves are fun.
>>
>>26392151
>it's a standard mobile game mechanic
>this somehow justifies them using it
Props for them giving a bonus for catching Pokemon atleast. But what about having a team of your best friends that you grow with? Is that still in there?
>>
>>26383094
I feel like they may want complete casuals inputs too, so don't hold out all hope
>>
>>26392273
>>26392214
Maybe, I'm sure i remember it, but will have to wait until after work to check.
>>
File: 43567890765434.png (156KB, 433x548px) Image search: [Google]
43567890765434.png
156KB, 433x548px
>>
>>26392203
>by the time the game does come out, its going to be too shitty for me to even go out and play it.
The game is scheduled for release late in the year, your allergies won't be a problem.
>>
>>26392273
>But what about having a team of your best friends that you grow with? Is that still in there?
No. Pokemon are essentially repurposed items from Ingress (they replace resonators and portal defenses) so they're meant to be used and discarded as you level up. You have room for 500 pokemon on you at any time and you can buy more pokemon inventory from the in-app store. There is no way to mark your "buddy" mons to distinguish between them from the rest of your collection fo the same species.

So far in the beta there is no implementation of the bonding, training or teambuilding aspects of pokemon, only the collecting part + a reskin of the portal capturing and defending system from Ingress as gyms (which is where you're supposed to use and dispose of your pokemon).
>>
>>26393481
In ingress you use xmp bursters to attack and resonators to hold areas as a one time use, in pokemon go you retain the pokemon you attack with and get back the pokemon set as holding gyms, this was clarified early on. You're also phrasing a large capacity as if that implies you will have so many you won't be able to distinguish them, but in gen 6 you have a box capacity of 930. Furthermore, you are using a lack of information as having solid negative information. You are lying and sowing misinformation, making it very difficult to discuss and maybe even enjoy a side game, and for what?
>>
>>26393481
Jesus. Go has a few people who are not a fan, but it's like there's one guy out there who is determined that no one has a good time.

Then again, it's getting harder and harder to have a decent thread on any topic in /vp/ these days without some fuckhead ruining it.
>>
http://gamerant.com/pokemon-go-detail-gyms/

Hanke also confirmed the Pokémon GO world will include gyms, the popular boss battle destinations featured in almost every Pokémon game. Gyms will be rare, but provide players with an opportunity to battle and level up the Pokémon that they have collected.
-A quote from John Hanke.

You can level up your pokemon at gyms, meaning you can focus on a few favorite pokemon be your "buddy" and train up. Are you satisfied yet?
>>
Too many apologies on this thread and too little cold facts.

Niantic should really listen player input, and as many have pointed out the lack of battling outside of gyms, ruining the bonding aspect with the evolving mechanic, no pokemon customization, subpar teambuilding and general lazyness over what makes pokemon successful.

And no further gens have been confirmed so far.
It's like they don't really want people to play.
Any kind of acknowledgment about it all from them would help easing on them, but we've got nothing so far.

I was damn excited about it and will most definitely play, but as time passes i'm getting less enthusiast.
>>
>>26393598
He is not lying. The difference from your 930 space in XY to the 500 in Go is the team of six. Go also could have been used as an escape from this mass collection because of how personalized it would be. Everyone with an android or iphone has the ability to play this hitting a larger market. Also people carry their phones more often than their own DS adding what could be a second world of Pokemon that any average person could participate it.
People want to train their own team because of competitiveness and for fun. What's wrong with people who choose to play Pokemon for battling and team building? If GO just added teams, training and pvp battles it will allow players to play how they want.
A lot of people wanted this.
>>
>>26393642
Tbhsenpai Go threads have always had the most fruitful discussions, whether negative or positive people back up their opinions better than most discussions on here.
>>
>>26378982
>augmented smartphone reality game
>good
Pick one. Everyone already knows that it's a pile of shit.
>>
>>26393769
>Are you satisfied yet?
The very basic foundation of what makes Pokemon games fun is not present, so no, this "game" can GO fuck itself.
>>
>>26378982
i just started playing ingress to maybe get a chance. not sure if im enjoying it right, but walking to/driving by a place to hack for points doesnt feel so fun
>>
>>26393983
>>26393999
Based trips and while I'm in your boat, if they were to add pvp properly(lv up with battle exp) and team of 6 with nicknaming, would you play it?
>>
>>26393860
>Post facts
>"There's not enough facts in this thread!"

All you've done is try to pass off lies as facts and be as negative as possible. You've done everything you can to suck out any possible enthusiasm and interest out of the thread, and I suspect you've been the one doing it for months. It's as if you're working off a rotating script, and as soon as one part is proven to be made up, you switch the topic. No further gens have been confirmed or denied, in fact it hasn't been spoken about in any official capacity, so anything on that topic is pure speculation.

I believe the next topic was "A Pikachu hatches from an egg, and I'm going to be furious about it even though everyone knows it's for now the original 151" Is that right? Or are you going to say that you're unable to trade, even though it's been stated that it's going to be a feature once the game comes out?
>>
>>26394023
You're talking to this guy as if he's the only one complaining. Sure, he's being negative but atleast he's backing up his points.
I'm sorry some people don't like your game, Niantic.
>>
>>26394050
I've noted earlier that others been more than one who haven't been happy about things. There's been a difference between most people and a specific, highly negative person who's pushed discussion out for the most part, and his backed up points have been for the most part untrue and emotionally manipulative.

That's just how it's going to be, I'm off to bed.
>>
File: 1460697732053.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1460697732053.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>26394128
I have stated many positive pieces of feedback and discussion and have barely gotten a response.

I really, really wanted GO to be good. I was even defending it from announcement. Yet here it is, being everything I said it wasn't going to be.
I just thought that maybe it could feel like a Pokemon world. We were this close.
>>
>>26394013
>>26394013
Throw in at least 2nd gen pokemon and yes.
>>
>>26394023
Dude i was the OP for most Go threads on the last 4 months or so, even defending the AR gimmick before it was confirmed by the developer conference, and even got my hands on the apk before they started banning unregistred users.
Can't really blame me for getting dissapointed after both the Japanese and Strayan beta.

The more i read you i believe you must be paid to be extremely positive about fuck all related to the game.

If you are, can you please tell Niantic about our complains instead of playing dumb about every flaw? That would be more helpful than bitching at people complaining.

Hey, at least i'm not sperging and shitting mindlessly on the thread.
>>
>>26394310
You and me both man. I also keep thinking he's a shill.
>>
I actually have more faith in this thing now that I know it's not trying to be the next big phenomenon. Normies who want muh real life gyms and sheet got blasted. Hopefully it will be a really fun side game you can play on your phone while out and about, with the ability to link to the main games in some way.
>>
>>26394150
Sorry for going off on you, was a rough day and I took it out on you, wasn't fair of me.

>>26394310
Just liking what I see from the game and tired of seeing all the negativity here, doubled down instead of just going to bed earlier, wasn't making the best of decisions.

Also, 4chan would be the absolutely worst place to try and be a shill on, your money would be better spent absolutely anywhere else. It's known everywhere as toxic and contrarian, and I'm pretty sure that the world thinks we're all sociopaths.
>>
>>26398027
Damn right

I also wish GO becomes the perfect sidegame, but it's not happening yet
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.