[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post YFW they finally get rid of IVs in gen 7.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (98KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 760x570px
Post YFW they finally get rid of IVs in gen 7.
>>
I'd be VERY happy. IVs are the most autistic thing in this game. I like Pokemon. I like playing Pokemon online. I don't like losing 90% of the time cause Sperglord McFerguson spent 20 hours last week hatching hundreds of Pokemon to get the right one. I work and go to school, I can't afford that shit. I can afford an hour of some shitty Kid Icarus mini-game though.
>>
>>26376232
someone is butthurt that his mons suck
>>
>>26376232
>not using hackmons
>>
>>26376232
This.

Natures and EVs are enough, we don't need anything else.

I'm tired of these fags trying to claim they do anything new or interesting when everyone tries to get the same thing, making them completely pointless.
>>
>>26376208
I think IV's are great, personally. Pretty much randomized stats, and for the people who put time and effort into actually playing competitively, it gives them an edge. It also pretty much never comes up during normal gameplay.
>>
>>26376232
go on Showdown so you can edit them directly
>>
>>26376254
>>26376262
Fuck off IV apologists. How much is Smogonorrhea paying you to shill?
>>
>>26376208
I like the concept of IVs from a non-competitive standpoint.

I like the idea of each Pokemon being unique, even if they are the same level and species.
>>
>>26376271
>it gives them an edge

That's an understatement. If you don't IV-breed your team, you're at a very large disadvantage against anyone who has. You might as well not even battle them.
>>
File: image.png (205KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
205KB, 501x445px
Post YFW nobody posts their faces and the thread derails.
>>
>>26376351
And? Do you think you can become the very best there ever was without putting in a little grit? They put time and effort into their team. You will have to as well if you want to stand a chance. Or use PS!, of course.
>>
>>26376208
Can they dump EVs instead? I can breed really easily and well, but find EV training incredibly dull.
>>
Ahaha

AHAHAHA
>>
>>26376428
Discounting injections, this ensures that the top of the in-game competitive scene is dominated solely by literal autists. Normal functioning people do not have that much free time to build a competitively viable team before the next games come out.
>>
>>26376232
Weren't IVs added so your pokemon can be stronger than trainer and wild pokemon?
So taking away IVs would make the game more of a challenge, which is what a lot of people who breed want, so they're really making the game too easy on themselves?
>>
>>26376514
Trading exists

I traded a bunch of 5iv shit for other 5iv shit. And when you have 5iv shit you can breed it with other pokemon from the same group so it ain't that bad. Breeding and EV training in general are tedious and retarded, but I'm glad shortcuts are made with each game. Maybe it'd be even easier in the next generation.

I don't think they'll remove it though. They just made it more accessible in the current gen with the minigame crap.
>>
>>26376404
We're above just posting stock reaction images, and having a civil discussion here. Also: I breed 6 IVs, egg moves (sometimes) and correct nature's, but can't be asked to EV train. Meanwhile, my friend EV trains even in single player, but just uses what he captures. Which method makes you more upset?
>>
I like several parts about IVs. I like the idea that individual Pokemon vary slightly. I like taking on breeding projects, planning out the best way to get a Pokemon with the ability, nature, IVs, and and moves that I want.

I have problems with IVs too, though. Some breeding projects end up taking way too much time. It's nice that there's a certain amount of toil in hatching and checking eggs, but sometimes the odds are too high and it begins to feel hopeless. Any time the odds of getting the child I want is harder than say 1/24, I start to feel like I'm wasting my time.

Furthermore, as much as the toil is fun, as it makes the perfect Pokemon feel more like I earned it, I wish more emphasis was on training the Pokemon, rather than breeding it. Breeding a Pokemon can take months, EV training nowadays takes an hour or two tops.

And lastly, when you can't breed the Pokemon you need IVs for, it's pointless. Even with 3 confirmed 31 IVs, that's a lot of pointless soft-resetting on legendaries.

SOLUTION: Game Freak should beef up EVs to the point of needing the effort of IVs, and make IV breeding much easier.
>>
File: 1463304476030.gif (560KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
1463304476030.gif
560KB, 200x113px
>>26376208
IVs are fine and aren't the problem; breeding and hidden power need to be reworked
gen VI having the destiny knot and the everstone passing down natures 100% are great but to get something worth competing with can still take 30+ eggs to get to

IVs and EVs should not be hidden values
breeding should continue to minimize its randomness or eliminate it altogether
not exactly sure how to fix hidden power; i think it adds depth that a pokemon with hidden power fire like gengar or latias has to sacrifice an incredibly valuable point of speed, but breeding for the correct hidden power as well as getting perfect values in all other areas is pretty insufferable
>>
>>26376561
Yours. EV training doesn't take the slightest amount of effort. If you're going to spend the probably literal days it takes to get 6IV Pokemon, you might as well take 15 minutes to put the EVs in the right stats.
>>
>>26376232
>lost 90% of the time because of IV
If they ever remove IV you are going to complain that you lose 90% of the time because they use copy pasted smogon teams.

With a decent team and good reads you can win 90% of the battles, even in smogon you can win a fair share of battles without using top tier teams.
>>
>>26376604
Literal days? Most of the time it's one session at the health club. Leg Day, Y'know? An hour or so of cardio, yields my first promising eggs. Switch over to the press and start appraising my work. Hatching O power maxxed out, that oval charm to get biz-ness. It all works.
>>
>>26376774
Even assuming you have one 6 IV parent and one 5 IV of the species, with Destiny Knot and Everstone for nature, the odds of receiving a 6 IV Pokemon are something like 1/50. That's gonna take some time, and that doesn't include getting those 5IV Pokemon in the first place.
>>
>>26376351
>implying
unless your pokemons have literally 0 IVs in all their stats, they don't have that much of an advantage, choosing the wrong attack, or switching in the right check or counter gives 100x more benefits than a couple of IV's.

>>26376514
>competitive scene is dominated solely by literal autists
You are starting to sound like those kids that starts saying that they are losing because they have a life. Like 99% of the games, if you are actually good at the game, you can win almost any battle even at disadvantage.
>>
>>26376891
>unless your pokemons have literally 0 IVs in all their stats, they don't have that much of an advantage, choosing the wrong attack, or switching in the right check or counter gives 100x more benefits than a couple of IV's.

If this was actually the case, nobody would waste their time IV breeding. Think of how much time people would be dumping into inbreeding if it didn't actually matter much in the end. You're wrong.
>>
>>26376889
>6IV
There aren't many pokemon that actually need 6 IV's, only mixed attackers needs them, the rest can work perfectly fine with 5IV's.
>>
>>26376953
No. Special attackers effectively need 6IVs to minimize attack stat.
>>
>>26376953
>I breed 6 IVs, egg moves (sometimes) and correct nature's
>>
>>26376943
A competitive tournament would be full of people with red shirts if wearing a red shirt gave you an extra 0.001% chance of winning. I bet there would even be people that would buy a red shirt just for that edge.
>>
>>26376428
As someone who has IV bred plenty of mons, I can say it takes very little actual effort or 'grit'. You find a good ditto or hack it in, get the mon you want with the moves/ability/nature(all of which is easy with synchronise and dexnav) then hold right on the D pad for a bit while you half pay attention and do something else until you get what you want. It doesn't take weeks unless you're a retard, the only thing that makes it even mildly difficult is the fact that none of this info is known to the player without finding it out online.

I can also say despite the ease of breeding I find it dumb and pointless, and the fact that the 99% of ingame pokemon you see are completely worthless competative wise. If I happen upon something cool like a croagunk or something I can't just catch it, train it hard, and battle. I have to get a ralts with the proper nature, faint it, lead with a trace kirlia to check for ability, catch it, breed it with a ditto or other compatible IV'd mon until it comes out with 4-5IVs, then Horde train the Evs in, and finally level grind it to at least 50 on the E4.

It's dumb, It's not hard or 'effort' it's just a little knee high fence that keeps people who don't know about these things from ever getting into competative naturally. It's directly counter to the games massive in-your-face message about 'caring for your pokemon' since by this point they're just tools used to acquire an actual usable mon. It's also not fun, you just bike around an island with badly placed sandpits for 20 minutes or so.

I want an end to this stupid tedium. I want the battles throughout the main game to be actually productive and not a massive waste of EV points being randomly distributed without the player even realizing. I want to be able to have the pokemon that helped get me to the hall of fame to be able to keep going rather than becoming permaboxed. I want to catch a pokemon in the wild and FUCKING USE IT for once in my life dammit.
>>
>>26376943
It is still an advantage, and it can matter, but only rarely. People are still going to take that advantage if they're serious about the game.
>>
>>26376589
Untie hidden power from IVs.
Make it changeable by an NPC. Maybe make it a bit cryptic like a sequence of questions or something.
>>
>>26377065
If you're going to hack the ditto in, why not just hack the pokemon itself?
>>
File: 1433666325742.jpg (30KB, 546x441px) Image search: [Google]
1433666325742.jpg
30KB, 546x441px
>I want Pokemon to be special within their own species

Get rid of IVs and add different sizes. Keep natures and EVs.
>>
File: 1415387063741.png (476KB, 783x538px) Image search: [Google]
1415387063741.png
476KB, 783x538px
I think they need to make these changes:

>If a Parent has a 31 in any stat, it's getting passed down to the kid
Yes, this ruins Trick Room teams who need a 0 in speed, but maybe make a Pokemon holding an Iron Ball pass down low speed or something
Rationale: natural selection

>Minigame where you tap on eggs to make them hatch or something
I spent over 500 hours on X and a lot of that was riding a bike back and forth. That's not fun - who could defend this? It's tedious

However, I think riding bikes to hatch an egg is appropriate during the story. The egg-tapping minigame should be a postgame reward,
>>
>>26377049
As strange as it may sound to you, there is more than one person who thinks that IV's are good.

>>26376968
Oh shit, you remember all those times that you lost a match because your opponent did an extra 5 damage with Foul Play?
>>
Didnt Masuda say that IV's were meant to individualize pokemon and not be used for competitive? thats pretty fucking retarded because it doesnt change the appearance of the pokemon, it changes the stats. if he wants iv's to work how he wants them to, then he should make then change how the pokemon looks, not its stats.
>>
>>26376515
That's EV's. Wild and NPC trainer mons have IV's
>>
>>26377091
Not him, but hacking every pokemon you need is a pain in the ass, it is easier to use a 6iv ditto and use bus time to breed what you need. With a couple bus trips I can get almost perfect pokemons, or maybe even the perfection itself if I get lucky.
>>
>>26377091
this desu
>>
>>26377065
I agree with this 100%. There's no real skill or anything involved with breeding, but that's not the real issue. The problem is that it's counter intuitive to the whole fucking message of the games. In the end, the Pokemon you go on adventures with and actually come to love end up being competitively useless. I bred a competitive team for the first time last gen, and this is probably autistic of me but I was depressed as hell when I finished because I felt nothing for my team. They were basically genetically engineered numbers, which I get is the whole point, but the whole process did away with any illusion of fun and bonding that the rest of the game is built upon.
>>
>>26376889
Doing the math it's 1/6. Which is not a lot of eggs.
>>
>>26377113
IV's were always a thing in the game, but in earlier games, it not only changed stats, but also determined other stuff like shinyness, gender, or even which letter the Unown was.
>>
>>26377093
>>26377113

>Every Pokemon has five "hidden types", 1 2 3 4 5
>Each "hidden type" gives a small STAB-Like boost to moves of that type according to its rank. 1 gives a 1.05% boost, 2 gives a 1.04%, 3 gives 1.03% etc.
>Pokemon is tinted everso slightly based on its five hidden types

Now Pokemon look and function slightly different on an individual level, but you're only breeding for a certain number of them based on the types you want in your moveset, at most four. Keep a lot of the same breeding mechanics used for IVs and use them for types, and even convert the existing IV stats into these hidden types. There are 32^6 different possible IV values, you could easily convert that into 18^5 with some value redundancy.
>>
>>26376232
This so much, also "sperglord Ferguson"

>>26376753
This too though, I raise my in game teams with the exception of a few bred with good natured and egg moves with absolute shit EV training and my online track record is pretty good in game (about 40% of the time I win, which is enough for using mons the way I do)

On showdown I'm a lot better because I don't have to sit down and fucking hack or autistically breed 6IVS or something. Just having a good team balance with good support moved and items is basically all you need, that and predictions
>>
>>26377144
>but hacking every pokemon you need is a pain in the ass
>but breeding for hours isn't

You're full of shit.
>>
File: 34325.png (403KB, 629x561px) Image search: [Google]
34325.png
403KB, 629x561px
I think that they should make the gulf between the worst and best IVs even wider, with the better IVs getting gradually rarer, and get rid of breeding entirely. Also, put in greater protections against hacking.

There, now it's way more fun to go looking for beastly 'mons in the wild, and there's an actual reason to trade besides evolution tradebacks and version exclusives.

I fully expect everyone here to hate this, because you're all retarded, or worse, fucking Smogonfags.
>>
>>26377187
Do the math again. You can pass down at most 5 IVs, so one's being rolled 0-31 randomly. Keep in mind this guy said he was breeding 6 IV Pokemon.

>>26377110
I'm not arguing with you then. Read the full conversation. I'm saying 6 IVs takes way longer than EV training and you're a dumbass if you only IV breed.

Also, about minimizing attack on special attackers, sure it's perfectionist, but that's all IVs are about. Not breeding 0Atk is strictly worse, even though it greatly increases breeding time.
>>
>>26377110
>Oh shit, you remember all those times that you lost a match because your opponent did an extra 5 damage with Foul Play

No because I was smart enough to minimize my pokemon's attack stat
>>
I agree that there's not much argument in keeping them. Although if you actually played the game you would know it takes barely any time to breed a competitive mon unless youre completely retarded in which apparently it would take days. The real enemy here is hidden power mechanic tied to IVs.
>>
>>26377065
>needing to IV breed to beat E4
Nigger you don't need to make a competitive pokemon to play pokemon, you need competitive pokemons to play tournaments.

People that participate in bug battling tournaments breeds their bugs for years until they can get big, fast and strong bugs, but you don't need all that shit to take care of a spider you find cute. This actually a pretty good move of them, it is easy to love something that is perfect.
>>
Idea: Reduce the range of IV's from 0 to 15, but double the effect on the stat. So a new IV of 15 would be functionally the same as a 31, new iv of 14 is like a 29, etc. A 0 would be a 0, and a 1 would be like a 3.
>>
>>26377255
The problem with this idea is that it would emphasize a person's ability to spend time playing catch and release. Battles should reward player skill, not total time dumped.
>>
>>26376208
>Gen 7
>There's a postgame laboratory in which you can max pokemon ivs playing a shitty minigame
>>
>>26377251
I can't hack pokemons during bus time. I am literally just finding something to do while taking the bus to uni.
>>
>>26377255
All this would do is increase the demand of hacked pokemon.
>>
>>26377255
>Also, put in greater protections against hacking

And here's where it falls apart. They can try their hardest to prevent it, but it's going to be reverse-engineered. What your scenario would do is create a situation where hackers are even more prevalent than they already are.
>>
>>26377297
Barely helps. Only really serves to reduce the 6 IV breeding time in half (and I guess legendary catching), and nobody's going to catch something hoping for that 1/16^5 chance.
>>
>>26377314
I don't care what anyone thinks, this needs to be a thing. Any tedious minigame would be worth it.
>>
>>26377319
>>26377321
Three words: "always online" and "encryption."

You can't hack when a server has to verify that shit.
>>
>>26376943
Outside of the speed stat, 9 times out of 10 a minor IV difference won't affect shit. People who play competitively obviously don't want to be on the receiving end of a disadvantage the few times that it actually matters. For people who don't want to enter tournaments and such, it's easier to just accept the fact that you're occasionally not going to be able to tank an attack that you would have otherwise.
>>
>>26376514
Get powersaves poorfuck
>>
>>26377339
>supports always online
nobody's actually this stupid.
>>
>>26377339
>always online
Shit nigher what are you smoking? That shit is fucking cancer.
>encryption
Somebody will eventually crack it anyway.
>>
>>26377351
I absolutely do not support always online when there's no reason for it, but this is one of the few where there IS a reason, and thus it's A-okay.

Hacking takes all of the fun out of Pokémon.
>>
as long as IVs exists (or are not majorly changed) I will inject

I'm down to breed for natures/abilities/moves and then EV train but getting IVs are autistic as fuck. They don't even offer for variation, it's either 31 in all or 31 in all and 0 in speed for trick room. hidden power was nerfed for no reason and sucks shit now so it's not worth using, even then it was just 1 or 2 points off so it's not worth it, just make hidden power based off natures or pokemon ID.

I laugh my ass off everytime I see autists who spend hours upon hours per pokemon for perfect IVs and then defend it online whereas everything else (EVs, abilities, natures, egg moves) are all fully achievable in less than 2 hours per pokemon once you have the proper set up
>>
>>26377321
>>26377339
D E N U V O
E N U V O D
N U V O D E
U V O D E N
V O D E N U
O D E N U V
>>
>>26377339
>"always online"
Holy shit, you are joking.
Pokemon is one of those games popular worldwide, as in, popular in regions without widespread internet/wifi. Also popular with kids that may not have internet/wifi.
It would kill international sales, and make the whole game shittier even for people with stable internet connections.
>>
>>26377339
Hackers would just spoof the server like they did to the GTS in gen IV an V. Encryption isn't going to be a problem for them either, Gamefreak isn't going to waste money buying expensive security software.
>>
>>26377371
Hackers are worse than not being able to play a handheld game on the go without an internet connection?
>>
>>26377371
>supports always-online on a handheld
>things other people do that literally cannot affect me takes all the fun out of MY experience
OK I bit, you win.
>>
>>26377371
>I don't find always-online inexcusable on a handheld game for children
>I never leave my house
>>
>>26377360
>Somebody will eventually crack it anyway.
Not if the Pokémon is generated server-side. No one is ever cracking that without insider info.
>>
File: 1463452766727.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1463452766727.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>26377339
They're not going to make a pokemon game always online silly anon . Neither are they going to get rid of breeding.
>>
>>26377407
Holy impracticality, Batman!
>>
File: 1463503065752.png (388KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
1463503065752.png
388KB, 800x550px
Custom gts like in gen 5 when?
>>
>>26377264
Nigger I made another point in the discussion. Just because the other guy wants all his pokemon with 6 IV's, it doesn't mean that you will lose a single battle because your pokemon didn't have that 6th perfect IV in a stat that barely means anything.
>>
>>26377407
How much fucking overkill do you need? Generating a pokemon server side when one user will blaze through hundreds of Pokemon in a day and likely discard all of them?
All of this because you don't want a guy to make a Pokemon in 10 seconds that you take an hour to?
>>
>>26377407
That would still leave you with no choice but to play the game only at home, which defeats the purpose of it being on a handheld, or playing over a shitty cellular connection or at hotspots. Shit would never fucking work, dude.
>>
>>26377421
Reading comprehension dude, come on.
>>
>>26377433
This. Even in America, 25% of homes still don't have internet. You're fucking a lot of people over.
>>
>>26377412
Not really. We have plenty of online games that already do shit like this.

The problem, as others have been "kind" enough to point out, is the need to constantly access the web to play. There's sort of a way around this, which is to only require a connection to catch or obtain Pokémon. So you can battle wild Pokémon, but you can't catch them or receive, say, starters unless you're connected. Simple.

Futhermore, this will get to be even less of a problem once WiFi is ubiquitous all over first world countries, which is SOON.jpg.
>>
>>26377407
Do you know how many Japanese gamers buy Pokemon to play with other people on the bus or in public?
They always cater to the Japanese playerbase, they will never do something that idiotic.
>>
They must have some sort of anti-hack auditing system in place for official tournaments, right?
>>
>>26377483
So a kid without an internet connection can never play pokemon?
That's retarded and still impractical as shit.
Also, how many weebs will kill themselves over seeing a wild shiny and not being able to catch it?
>>
>>26377483
God damn motherfucker do you work at EA or something? Never heard anything this stupid before, god damn.

>>26377495
They run a check that tests for illegal sets, but can't detect legal mons that were hacked in.
>>
>>26377432
No, all of these protections are so that the game is fun.

Why trade when you can just hack a perfect Pokémon in?
Why train when you can just hack a perfect Pokémon in?
Why do anything at all in Pokémon games besides shitty no-fun boring-ass Smogon battles if you can just hack perfect Pokémon in?
>>
>>26377495
They can't detect anything that has legal ivs, evs, ability, and moveset. You'd have to hack in actually unobtainable pokemon to get caught.
>>
>>26377503
Obviously, shinies wouldn't be generated console-side, because why fuck with people like that?
>>
>Keep IV mechanics as they are
>Random NPC lets you change them around as you like (Dark souls level up style) in exchange of some shitty item (Heart Scale)
>Profit, both faggots stfu.
>>
>>26377483
>non-engineer talks engineering
Or is this just some quality bait?
>>
>>26377530
So you can't see if a pokemon is shiny or not without catching it?
That's worse than hacked pokemon.
>>
File: 1299042468.bludragoon_blu_563.png (296KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1299042468.bludragoon_blu_563.png
296KB, 400x500px
>>26377483
That is a super shitty way of going around doing things anon. The ability to catch/obtain pokemon wifi-blocked? That's not a good way to do business and is a dishonorable business practice. What you are proposing is content one of the main mechanics of the entire franchise that is kind of esential to have the full pokemon experience. It just wouldn't work.
>>
>>26377495
there is literally nothing that differentiates injected mons from legit ones in the code

only way they can tell is if you have an event pokemon in a wrong ball but most don't even give a shit
>>
>>26377440
Sometimes you have to get with the program or get left behind. Tough shit, but there's always other games to play.

>2020 or w/e
>not having Internet
Why even live?
>>
>>26377515
No but that's THEM, not YOU.
YOU can grind for days for a 6IV right-nature shiny, nobody cares. You're having fun.
OTHER PEOPLE can just hack that same mon in a second and then proceed to have THEIR fun with whatever they want.

I'm actually against hacking but your idea of trying to kill it is equally childish, naive and stupid.
>>
>>26377515
Because you don't have to hack perfect Pokémon in?
>>
>>26377515
So because you lack impulse control, everyone should suffer?
>>
>>26377435
>only mixed attackers needs 6IV
>Special attacker also needs 6IV
I am saying that you don't "need" 6IV because the chances of it to actually matter are so low that you might as well be trying the lottery.

It is the same as saying that your sweeper should be female if possible, to avoid attract users(most female because most sweepers are male), but hey, we are playing what if here.
>>
>>26377552
How the fuck is it "dishonorable"? It's not like it's something you wouldn't disclose beforehand.
>>
>>26377566
The extent to which you breed your Pokemon is a personal choice, but if you play an infinite number of games, the person who went the extra mile will end more.
>>
>>26377556
>get with the times grampa
Fuck off kid.
>>
>>26377570
Fucking with everyone's experience and locking tons of people worldwide out of playing the games in favor of preventing hackers is a bad business practice.
>>
>>26377559
>YOU can grind for days for a 6IV right-nature shiny, nobody cares. You're having fun.
Not really and you're missing the point. Let's say I play "pure," no hacks (and I do). The thing is, no one else does, so when I go to trade, they're trading hacked 'mons. When I go to battle, they're battling with hacked 'mons. That takes every bit of the fun out of my "pure" play style.

Pokémon is a multiplayer game and cheating affects it in the same way as any multiplayer game. It takes every bit of the fun out of it for those who don't.
>>
>>26377588
If you are going to literally spend dozens of decades playing competitive pokemon, I don't think you even need good IV's anymore, unless you are battling against someone who literally spent dozens of decades playing competitive pokemon like you.

Because this may happen, everyone "needs" special attackers with perfect 6 IVs.
>>
>>26377639
So just because you can't stand the idea of someone else hacking, they should make sure anyone who likes to play their handheld outside of their house or doesn't have an internet connection can't play at all?
Sure, that's fair.
How fucking self-centered can you be?
>>
>>26377617
Yeah, some hackers would rage and stop playing, but most people would realize that it's way more fun this way, and even attract new players.

Even if it were bad business, it's by no means "dishonorable." Like what the fuck, you're not entitled to Pokémon games being a certain way.
>>
>>26377639
That happens for every single multiplayer game, there will always have "cheaters" in them.
You either start dealing with it and move on, or bitch about it all day and eventually leave the game.
When everyone is fucking using it and is easy to access to everyone, you are the only one limiting yourself by your own retarded "moral code" that nobody else follows, or is even expected to follow.
>>
>>26377639
You're definitely autistic if you believe every casual player feels the same as you.
>>
>>26377656
>always online
>way more fun
>>
>>26377639
>he is using good pokemons
>he is a hacker
Why don't you think that they are using "pure" pokemons like you?
>>
IVs are so pointless because casual players don't give a shit about them, and competitive trainers are going to have them perfect(outside of a specific hidden power or 0 speed on Gyro Ball/Trick Room mons, and maybe 0 Att if they're special attackers)

Just give us a Hidden Power tutor and let it be the end of it
>>
>>26377656
>most people would realize that it's way more fun this way
>not being able to play is more fun
Looks like a good plan.
>>
>>26377682
He needs to blame something else for his loses other than himself.
>>
>>26377652
My point is that an always-online requirement is going to be fucking nothing within a few years. If you live in the first world, it's going to be practically impossible to not have a connection. No one will be left out but the maybe five mountain people who are still left who happen to play Pokémon. Can you not see that this is the way the world is heading? If not, you're blind.

As for third world countries, sure, they can have their hacks as long as their carts can't interact with the rest.
>>
>>26377182
I can relate to this autism, especially when Gen VI introduced Pokemon Amie and the affection stat and Pokemon started to do that "X refused to faint!" shit.

The fact that Pokemon Amie cannot affect competitive battling, while fair, makes it even more souless IMO. It's like breeding purebreed dogs. You don't breed them because you love dogs, you breed them because of their status.
>>
>>26377656
Any new players that attracts would more than be canceled out by the millions that drop the series because they don't have internet connections. It's a horrible business move.
>>
>>26377065
>If I happen upon something cool like a croagunk or something I can't just catch it, train it hard, and battle. I have to get a ralts with the proper nature, faint it, lead with a trace kirlia to check for ability, catch it, breed it with a ditto or other compatible IV'd mon until it comes out with 4-5IVs, then Horde train the Evs in, and finally level grind it to at least 50 on the E4.
I hate this shit. I want to have the normal freeform pokemon experience fucking around catching what I feel like then adding it to my team like a real trainer but shitty natures trigger me. And even if I ignored all that the pokemon I've allegedly been becoming friends with turn completely useless once I've beaten the game and I have to replace them with the result of some eugenics program if I want to battle on an even playing field.

With all the streamlining gamefreak has been doing recently I hope they'll remove the stupidest feature they've ever put in the game but I'm not holding my breath.

Also the only people that like IVs are retards who suck at competitive shit and feel the need for any advantage they can possibly get over complete scrubs.
>>
>>26377705
Oh shit, my internet is failing. I guess there was some kind of power outage out there.
Oh well, I will turn on my DS and start playing some single player.... oh... I fucking can't.
>>
>>26377705
It doesn't matter if "everyone" is doing it, it's still a shitty thing.
You're the one overestimating how much of world has stable internet connections and how fast that's going to change.
>>
>>26377656
>Like what the fuck, you're not entitled to Pokémon games being a certain way.
The amount of irony in this statement hurts.
>>
>>26377704
I actually don't play Pokémon online because I'm already aware of the hacks, so why bother?

The fun in Pokémon is saying hey, these are the Pokémon I've found, what do you have to trade? What can you show off in battle? When everyone has access to everything, there's none of this and the fun is gone.

Everyone's calling me self-centered but yet jumping on me because I happen to think a different way than you do. Tell me, who's really self-centered?
>>
>>26377729
>Catch a Pokemon
>EV train it (Make this more complicated and difficult to compensate for no IVs. More training time promotes "bonding" with Pokemon, less soulless).
>Use it competitively

The dream
>>
>>26377690
IVs are there to make pokemons more unique. With IVs and personality values, it is almost impossible for two pokemons be exactly the same, but even if they do, the way you raise it(EVs), teach it(Moves), or even evolves it can make it a completely different pokemon.

The reason why pokemons can only learn 4 moves is so that a bit of its personality is shown with what it knows.
>>
>>26377753
>Tell me, who's really self-centered?
You
>>
>>26377761
In a perfect world the upcoming Sun & Moon news will feature the removal of IVs
>>
>>26377753
Then play with people you know are trustworthy. There are multitudes of communities that play the game "legit" and trade, battle and breed between themselves and are happy that way. You can play the game in any way you want, and that's fine. But you can't expect EVERYONE to do the same as you do, it's simply not going to happen, for whatever reason.
Lastly, everyone has "access to everything" because of the internet, that's not going to change, it has been that way since the late 90's. Everyone has access to guides as well as tutorials, so absolutely everyone can get whatever they want, even while playing "pure"
>>
>>26377805
Removal of IVs + more complex EV training + some new "individuality" mechanic that is easily manipulable/doesn't effect stats
>>
>>26377761
>if you massage a pokemon leg after a battle it increases its speed EV
>if you make a pokemon cut trees in world map it increases its attack EV
>if your pokemon HP gets on red during a battle and survives, it raises its HP EV
>>
>>26377753
You are, because people keep telling you how many people won't be able to play the game if they did that, but your response is "too bad for them, I'll still be able to play!".

Also, you can still play the single player, you can still find friends to play with that don't hack, all you are missing is playing with random people, but your idea means plenty of people can't do that at all. Locking people out of 100% of the game so you can enjoy only part of it is self-centered.
>>
>>26377799
>try to make the game more fun for everyone, not just myself
>self-centered
Yeah, okay, You just don't know what's good for you.
>>
>>26377834
That could be neat. Alternatively: more minigames. I actually enjoyed the balloon games. Maybe there could be obstacle courses and shit.
>>
>>26377753
You literally want separate large communities, and even make some of them having issues playing the game because you don't like a couple hackers.
>>
>>26377849
Everyone who has an internet connection and the NEET-levels of free time you have, you mean.
>>
>>26377839
>You are, because people keep telling you how many people won't be able to play the game if they did that, but your response is "too bad for them, I'll still be able to play!".
My response is actually that I'm talking about a not-so-distant future where internet access is abundant and very few people are left out. But keep putting words in mouth.

>Also, you can still play the single player, you can still find friends to play with that don't hack, all you are missing is playing with random people, but your idea means plenty of people can't do that at all. Locking people out of 100% of the game so you can enjoy only part of it is self-centered.
I'm not proposing that more than a small, small minority be "locked out."
>>
>>26377849
But most players don't care about hacks, and therefore get no benefit or fun from the restrictions. A lot of players are so casual, they don't even play online, but your solution would affect literally everyone that plays the game.
>>
>>26377834
>>26377860
I think some of the best times I've had in Pokemon have been when I've had to choose a moveset for a Pokemon to solve a problem, ala putting together a Heart Scale stealer, or a Catcher. I'd love to see an EV mechanic compelx enough to necessitate this sort of thing.
>>
>>26377880
I mean, there can be a single-player only mode for offline. That's no problem if people want that.
>>
>>26377869
Literally what about my proposals requires any more free time than the games already do?
>>
>>26377535
this would be perfect.

>they call me the potential unlocker, bring me a (bullshit item) and i'll unlock your pokemons full potential.
>>
>>26377834
>you can whip your own pokemon to train its HP EV
>you can tie up your own pokemon to reduce one of its EV
>you can put massagers on your pokemon to raise its Defense EV
>you can verbally assault your pokemon to raise its Special Def EV
>>
I love playing eugenics sim and making autistically specific mons way more than actually battling so I'd be pretty fucking dissapointed
>>
>>26377823
Stop, I can only get so hard.
>>
>>26377896
If it's for training that sounds fine. I don't want synchronizers or something to become mandatory for catching good pokemon in the first place because it ruins the whole "wandering around on an adventure capturing any cool shit that catches your eye" thing.
>>
>>26377924
Having to breed your pokemon legit takes more time than hacking them.

Before you go on another little tirade about "purity", the end result is literally the same. I could understand if it was actually illegal pokemon that are impossible to get legit, but if they stay within legal parameters, I don't see the issue.

You happen to enjoy the journey, not just the end goal, and that's fine you do your thing. But some people don't and want to skip the bike simulator, that's fine too.
>>
>>26377951
>you let your pokemon browse /b/, maxing out its Sp. Def EV stat
>>
>>26377924
Prevents hacking.

I don't hack myself, but the community wouldn't be as large as it is if it weren't for hackers. Until GameFreak makes getting the perfect Pokemon more accessible, hackers are beneficial to the game.
>>
>>26376208
They should keep IVs in-game but just set all IVs to 31 in online and in battle tower/maison/frontier/whatever.

Maybe have it toggleable in direct matches in case any autists complain, that might just start arguments though.
>>
>Too stupid to quickly breed ubermensch mons using a 6 IV ditto
>Rather just catch a shitmon and except it to have genes better than a well breed mon
>>
>>26377407
>Pokémon is generated server side
Do you have any idea just how retarded that is?
>walk into grass
>CONTACTING SERVER
>server is in Japan and is slow as fuck
>stuck on the loading screen for fucking ages
>Pokémon finally appears
>it's not even the one you want
>have to run away sit through the loading again
Remember what happened when bank was released? It was so busy it didn't even work and had to be delayed for months, the same thing would happen here, except all the time. Gamefreak would undoubtedly want to charge a subscription for this, too.
>>
The fact that you'll be able to transfer from gen1 makes me believe they might go back to just 16 IVs and make each one count like two of the 31 system we have now.
Like, if your Pokemon has 30 or 31 in something, it translates to 15. 28 or 29 translates to a 14.

It's not perfect but it kinda makes sense in my head.
>>
>>26378021
Wouldn't be bad. For the sake of consistency between battles now and after (calcs etc) maybe let people set stats to what they want? Like during team select you pick the IVs? Obviously mostly 31s, but some 0s + Hidden Power IVs
>>
>>26378061
Yeah but this is Pokemon so the idea is you should be able to beat genetics with friendship.
>>
>>26378064
Also, what happens when the servers go down years later and that whole gen isn't even playable until they remake it?
That's crap and one of the huge reasons online-only is bad. Think about a world where no one can play any games more than one gen back because the servers are gone.
>>
>>26378074
I think it's more likely they'll convert the small an out of Gen 1 Pokemon to the new format than covert all the Gen 3~6 Pokemon to the old format
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 552x414px
Guys please, I just wanted to see some funny reaction pics.
>>
File: 1463241830151.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463241830151.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>26376208
>>
>>26378170
For simplicity's sake maybe? They already made breeding easy af, next step would be decreasing the amount of possible IVs so it's easier to get high ones.
>>
>>26377869
It's more a problem with society when people have such a little amount of free time that they have to balance things like autistically breeding Pokemon (i.e. Doing what they want) and things they do not want to do

I know this isn't /pol/ but I'm reading Chomsky and I get triggered by little things like this everywhere
>>
>>26376208
ITT: Filthy degenerates who are mad they can't into eugenics.
But on a serious note, since this gen, I haven't spent more than 2 hours per mon to get perfect IVs and natures. It's been made incredibly easy to understand and use.
>>
>>26377495

They do but its shit. They only detect blantly illegal shit like impossible moves. Shit like 6th gen Pokemon in Apricon or Dream Balls goes right through. Hell, I have a Zapdos from GoD edited to be shiny on Bank and its given me no shit for it.
>>
All these autists in this thread just go on showdown if you wanna battle. Competitive in game is a joke
>>
>>26378236
Oh you use /pol/. That makes sense.
Go outside, walk to a coffee shop, grab something, sit for a while. Get the fuck off 4chan and see what the outside world is like for a while.
>>
>>26377769
>almost impossible to be the same
>everyone just has 31 in all IVs

wew lad

pokemon are unique enough with movesets, EVs, abilities, natures, and gender. That's literally millions of different combinations for a single pokemon
>>
>>26378317
That makes any sense in response to what I said....how?

also, fuck you, you're wrong, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, shitting on /pol/ when we're on /vp/ is the dumbest thing you could've done, yadda yadda
>>
>>26377089
>make it cryptic

It will be deciphered in .02 seconds and posted online anyway
>>
>>26378326
>everyone has 31 in all IVs
If that was the case, there wouldn't be this thread. And you seen to not know what are personality values, since abilities, natures and gender are calculated from it.
>>
>>26378236
Hello, friend. I'm sorry, let me mute my 200-hour long playlist of Mozart so I can focus better on proving to you how culturally, philosophically, and also logically superior I am to you and everyone else on this oblate spheroid we call Earth. See, I read philosophy. Not because it helps me put life into perspective or gives me a basis on which to form my own judgements, but because it gives me the delightful ability to humble-brag about it on an anonymous image board where nobody cares. God, I love being a genius. Oh, but let's not forget: God is not real. Philosophy taught me that. I learned it from reading a series of ancient stone tablets on one of my spiritual journeys to Google images. Now if you'll excuse me, I shall make haste to the local hatmaker, who shall have my tophat prepared for tonight's banquet. Tally ho.
>>
>>26378410
this thread exists because getting those 31 IVs is a pain in the ass. you never strive for anything different unlike abilities/natures/moves/EVs. inb4 trick room and gyro ball, can be work with minus speed and hidden power can use different mechanics
>>
HOW TO FIX THE IV SYSTEM:
>make it impossible to get perfect IVs across the board
>instead give it a stat spread system similar to table top games
>in other words, you can get a really high IV in one stat, but the rest will be really low, or you can have a lot of overall IVs but they're spread out among all stats
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 213x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 213x160px
>>26378445
Hello, OP of the thread here. I really just wanted some funny reaction images.
>>
File: smh fam.jpg (123KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
smh fam.jpg
123KB, 1242x2208px
>>26378477
im not op but here you go
>>
>>26378487
oops nevermind reading comprehension
>>
>>26378438
I just...this is not your everyday, average trolling, this is an advanced level of trolling only capable through those who's jimmies are truly rustled
>>
>>26376514
Bullshit. I work 12 hour shifts up to seven days a week and I have boxes full of 6th gen bred competitve mons and some are even shiny.

Breeding is piss easy now. Literally git gud
>>
>>26378438
Okay let me get this straight, I name dropped one writer and you put all of that?

FUCKIN WEW LAD
>>
>>26376604
>If you're going to spend the probably literal days it takes to get 6IV Pokemon

>I have no idea how to actually play the game and make wild assumptions
Nigga that shit takes an hour at best. Stop being bad
>>
>>26378466
So it's EVs that you have to do eugenics programs for. This doesn't change anything.
>>
>>26376208
I would prefer some kind of simplified iv system that is tied to natures.

Every pokemon would get the same amount of IVs but they'd be distributed differently based on nature.
>>
>>26378547
>i waste my free time doing mindless repetitive bullshit
>lol you're just not smart enough to follow online guides and good enough at biking in circles to compete with me in pokemon battling
i love how IV supporting retards always try to phrase it as if the thing that separates them is ability or knowledge and not how little they value their time
>>
>>26378611
Yeah but the eugenics is pure tedium. Plus the split makes sense: IVs are genetics and natural potential, while EVs are training and experience.
>>
>>26378076
>Obviously mostly 31s, but some 0s + Hidden Power IVs
Ah, I forgot about this.
Setting IVs during team select is kinda clunky but some sort of system like that could work.
For Hidden Power I'd say it'd be better just to separate HP type from IVs in the data (and maybe have some way to manually change it) but I can't think of a good way to handle 0's.
>>
>>26378466
This will just make the system more grindy since it would be incredibly difficult and time-consuming to minmax
>>
>>26378649
>how little they value their time
You are the reason why games nowadays are so fucking easy. "Why would I play a hard game and lose a week playing it, when I can beat 5 easy games in the same time?".
>>
I say keep IVs, but bring in a Super Training-like system that lets us increase or decrease IVs as we see fit.

That way Pokemon can stay unique, but we're not clogging up Wonder Trade and our PCs with breeding rejects. Instead, we breed ONE mon with the right Nature (easy to do), and then we train it to increase its stats, and then unlock its hidden potential.... somehow.
>>
>>26378649
>Implying that time would be used for anything othet than bullshitting on 4chan or playing mobile games or some shit
If you can't find the minimal time it takes to breed shit now, you likely don't have the time to be playing in the first place.

Like, I can literally breed a 5IV mon while dropping a deuce. It's that easy. It's only gay when you get into hidden powers. FUCK that stupid bullshit.

>There is someone in this thread defending always online
Kill yourself you dumb son of a bitch
>>
>>26378990
>he's still trying to pretend difficulty has some relation to biking in circles
develop some skill that you can feel good about instead of trying to trick people into thinking you're doing something worthy of respect, faggot
>>
you do know if they get rid of those there'd no longer be a way to transfer pokemon from older generations, right?
>>
File: 39bAS4d.png (234KB, 433x461px) Image search: [Google]
39bAS4d.png
234KB, 433x461px
>>26376208
It will never happen.
>>
>>26379061
>transfer pokemon
>convert ivs to whatever new individuality bullshit you replace them with
>delete ivs
>>
>>26377106
Sounds good to me.
Breeding would still be tedious, but at least it'd be less tedious.
>>
>>26379061
No, when you transferred them their IVs would just be erased and their stats would be adjusted to compensate.
And you can't say "they wouldn't do that" because there's precedent for such things, the Pokemon that got stat buffs in Gen 6 got their stats boosted, and SM plan to include transfer from the RBY rereleases which will require DV to IV conversion and the assignment of natures somehow.
>>
>>26379059
He probably enjoys the Ws he gets online and at tourneys while you're sitting here buttmad your Gyarados got bodied by a Delcatty
>>
>>26379059
Are athelets not worthy of respect? Because all they do all day is repeating the same exercises everyday. And for an even longer lenght of time than it would take to breed a perfect team. And some athletes literally bike in circles.
>>
File: aniki is asleep.jpg (19KB, 472x357px) Image search: [Google]
aniki is asleep.jpg
19KB, 472x357px
>tfw I don't even breed to battle competitively, I just do it cause it's fun
I feel like I lost the feel of what Pokemon is really about
>>
>>26377946
Oh my god yes. This is exactly what needs to be done.
>"Oh! That's a (bullshit item)! Which stat do you want me to unlock your Pokemon's potential in?"
>pick stat
>IV increases by one
Bam, now I can use my in-game team on WiFi without being a (total) scrub.
>>
>>26377413

Never, the reason why we got them in Gen IV and V is because the servers and connections weren't encrypted. That was also the case with Gen VI, but that was changed when they patched in encryption to counter the Battle Analyzer script.
>>
>>26379059
hard games are beaten by repetitive practice, where is the difference?
>>
>>26379059
>he doesn't feel good about his pokemons being perfect even if you don't plan to play competitively with them
>>
>>26379061
No, removing IVs is one of the easiest mechanics to change while still keeping compatibility. Just change the game so it doesn't include IVs in the stat formula. That's literally it. The Pokemon still 'technically' have IVs, they just won't do anything.
>>
>>26379286
>where is the difference?
i can teach someone to bike in circles as good as you in 2 minutes. i can not do that for actual talents
>>
>>26378930
here's an easy way to handle 0s, don't

The only reason people use 0 speed is to 'outslow' pokemon in trickroom. However, everyone else trying to use a slow mon will also be using 0 speed, making the point moot. Having no ivs would have the exact same affect as two min speed pokes.
>>
I say they don't need to get rid of IVs, they just need to make IVs changable through buyable items or something. Only available after you beat the game and want to play online ofcourse. Also an NPC who can change your Pokemon's nature. Then people won't have to cheat to make competitive pokemon.
>>
>playing pokemon competitively
LOL
>>
>>26379362
The problem is that breeding is not only walking in circles, if you only teach the person to walk in circles and talk to the daycare, it will take that person forever to get anything worth something.

It is the same as teaching someone how the chess pieces moves, with only this information, it will take the person decades until it becomes decent at it.
>>
>>26379518
you're not bragging about playing chess. you're bragging about sitting at a chess board moving the pieces around for hours
>>
>ITT: Bad players using IV as an excuse to losing
>ITT: Bad players blaming that people who have better pokemon "doesn't have a life"
>>
>>26379061
so fucking what? another airgap would be good, get rid of some bullshit movesets based off egg moves derived from a giveaway in 2006 and other shit like that
>>
>>26379558
>sitting at a chess board moving the pieces around
That is literally how you play chess.

I already know what are you next complaints, so here:
Knowing how to move your pieces = Knowing how to breed your pokemons
Copying smogon pokemons = copying chess movements from a computer game
>>
>>26379580
>ITT: People who waste excess time doing redundant things think IVs are some kind of line which determines good from bad players
>>
Why do they need to get rid of IVs? People who want IVs without wasting hours of time, can just cheat, and those that enjoy lots of breeding, can just do that. Everyone's happy.
>>
File: 745.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
745.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>26376208
>mfw they don't
>mfw they never do
Fags like you never git gud
>>
>>26379705
because I like the concept of getting legit pokemon

IVs not considered, getting a full team with optimal stuff takes about 6-8 hours

with IVs that number jumps up to over 20 hours so it's not worth it
>>
>>26379705
How do you hack on 3DS? Was replaying HGSS recently and action replay was the last thing I remember existing for nintendo
>>
>>26379736
>20 hours
Only if you're shitty at it.
>>
>>26379659
>>sitting at a chess board moving the pieces around
>That is literally how you play chess.
You usually have to think creatively while doing it. Unlike when you're breeding pokemon.

>Knowing how to move your pieces = Knowing how to breed your pokemons
>Copying smogon pokemons = copying chess movements from a computer game
Actually thinking of creative movesets is a skill. You haven't spent hundreds of hours doing that. You've spent hundreds of hours biking in circles.

>>26379690
When you're so stupid that you can't play a skill based game you decide to take pride in time investment. The really retarded thing is that in this case the people with actual skill all hack their shit anyway while breeders waste their time trying to feel superior to kids that don't even know what an IV is.
>>
>>26379746
how can I be shitty at something that's determined by RNG? yeah I can brute force a 4 31 ditto but then that leaves so much more RNG in the other 2 stats
>>
>>26379761
>implying he doesn't shave seconds off every menu navigation the two of you do and finish breeding something having saved literal minutes compared to you
>>
>>26379751
You need to think up breed moves, natures and other stuff while breeding, otherwise you will have a pokemon with 6IVs but not the right eggs moves, and some pokemons needs 0 IVs.
>>
>>26379854
you need to *remember. all creative thought occurs before your many hour bikefest
>>
>>26379751
>trying to feel superior to kids that don't even know what an IV is
Projecting hard, aren't you? I like games like Harvest Moon, is it really hard for you to grasp the concept that a lot of breeders just have fun doing that?

>people with actual skill all hack their shit
Projecting again. And also proving the point provided by the other anon, that shitters think that IV is some kind of line that determines if a player is good or bad. A good player is going to wreck your shit using 0 IV pokemons.
>>
>>26379973
>is it really hard for you to grasp the concept that a lot of breeders just have fun doing that?
are you one of the people trying to pretend breeding is a skill? if not dick around however you want.

>A good player is going to wreck your shit using 0 IV pokemons.
A good player is going to wreck your shit with 31 IV pokemon because they hack them in because they want to spend their time getting better at battling instead of following flow charts
>>
>>26379950
all creative process occurs before moving your chess piece.

If it takes more or less "creative" thinking is moving goalposts, the point is that I can teach a person to move a chess piece as good as best chess player in the world in 2 minutes.
>>
>>26380012
>a good player is going to hack pokemons in
You are literally being the kid that cries "hacker" when it loses, regardless if the person is actually hacking or not.
>>
>>26380026
>all creative process occurs before moving your chess piece.
>the point is that I can teach a person to move a chess piece as good as best chess player in the world in 2 minutes.
so we agree that breeding is as much a skill as moving a chess piece. i think you're confused about what position you're supposed to be arguing. unsurprising desu.
>>
>>26380063
no, only a retarded breedfag would cry about hackers if the pokemon they used were legal.
>>
>>26380078
If you think that teaching someone to bike in circles will net you perfect IV(considering both 0 and 31), egg moves, natures, gender, etc. You don't really know what breeding actually is.
>>
>>26380143
i think that teaching someone to bike in circles then handing them a flowchart will net them perfect ivs
>>
>>26380163
Good thing I already predicted you were going to say that.
>>26379659
>Copying smogon pokemons = copying chess movements from a computer game

And you don't even need the person to read flowcharts, they just need to input whatever his opponent did on a chess computer game against an AI and do whatever the AI did. Depending on the AI, the person I spent 2 minutes teaching can even beat Grand Masters.
>>
>>26376208
I wish they would make the sum of the IVs have a fixed value and use the same IV for both Attack and Sp.Attack.

That way, they would still be unique, but no pokémon would be perfect (nor a complete garbage).
>>
>>26377535
This is honestly probably how it'd be done if it was ever done. Breeders can breed to bypass farming items, and people that want to use their ingame teams/ported pokemon have an option
>>
>>26377535
If there was another NPC or a minigame that let you change you pokemon's nature, it would be perfect.
>>
this is the most autistic thread I've seen in a long time
>>
>>26380289
Yes, copying moves from a chess computer is as much of a skill as breeding. I don't know why you think this is making your case.
>>
>>26380795
Thanks for admitting that breeding requires as much skill as playing chess. I can now rest easy knowing that there is one less retarded person.
>>
>>26380936
I didn't you retard. Breeding takes as much skill as copying moves from a chess computer. The aspect of chess that people consider skillful is thinking about the moves without the help of a computer.

Maybe you could convince people to come to your 'chess move copying and pokemon breeding flowchart following' tournament but most people don't have severe enough down syndrome to think that would be interesting like you do.
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 1280x720px
>>26376208
They never will. GameFreak loves their breeding eugenics so much, they even put it into their own version of solitaire. A fucking solitaire.
>>
>>26377339
>Always online
No. To the Fuck no. I play pokemon on the go. Two days ago I was sitting beneath a tree near a parking lot during my lunch break. You bet your ass there wasn't a fucking wifi point accessible in range, and I sure as hell don't have wifi at work, or during my commute. You can't do always online with a single player title. Especially not on a single player title on a portable system with only wifi communication access.
You want to improve whatever verification process there is involved in checking faggots you play against on battle spot? Fine. I'm 1000% in favor of that.
Maybe gen 7 will quietly check your save against a previous save whenever you "acquire" a pokemon, to make sure it was caught, bred, or traded for, and not just injected. Background-flagging hacked 'mon and prohibiting them from entering the multiplayer aspect. Would that make you happy?

Something like: "Save #874026 had 362 pokemon, save #874027 had 363 pokemon, discrepancy found: 0 pokeballs thrown, 0 eggs hatched, 0 trade requests accepted, flagging..."
>>
>>26381764
>Maybe gen 7 will quietly check your save against a previous save whenever you "acquire" a pokemon, to make sure it was caught, bred, or traded for, and not just injected. Background-flagging hacked 'mon and prohibiting them from entering the multiplayer aspect. Would that make you happy?

Now is just a matter of using a save backup homebrew program or to mess around with the other file every so often in order to bypass it.
>>
>>26376208

I'd rather just have endgame item exchange "quests" (like heart scale) to max a specific stats IV.
>>
IVs would make sense if ingame was much harder than it currently is AND generic wild Pokemon were guaranteed to have caps on IV sums AND breeding was a mechanic based on skill instead of RNG clusterfuck. You'd be forced to breed a perfect IV team just to beat the game at all, but it wouldn't be such a big chore and you'd be already somewhat set for competitive experience afterwards. As it is it serves no legitimate purpose and even undermines the games' supposed message of Pokemon being your friends instead of tools.
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.