[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 23

File: neopets.png (249KB, 637x565px) Image search: [Google]
neopets.png
249KB, 637x565px
Opinions?
>>
those designs are alright
>>
Mandibuzz is the only bad design. The Ice Cream Pokemon is a great design, people just hate it because of
>muh food
>muh inanimate objects

ghost tree line is one of the top 10 pokemon designs of the entire series

just goes to show how westerners dominate japanese when it comes to character design. I hope they let Turner design a fuckload of Pokemon for SunMoon, maybe 50 to bolster the Japanese' pitiful 70
>>
He started well, then gone full retard, returned in sanity and finally redeemed himself with one of the best pokemon.
>>
I actually like the icecream cone. I don't like everything else. They all seem too over designed. An ice cream is a really cohesive concept.
>>
>>26372480
The bird ones aren't bad.
>>
>Fag Cream
>Overdesigned Rock
>Togepi v2
>Dead Child Tree
I wish he was never born.
>>
I like all of his designs except the Mandibuzz line, but he hasn't designed enough Pokemon to really judge him. I'd like it if he made more, I especially love his ghost types.
>>
>>26372497
>The Ice Cream Pokemon is a great design, people just hate it because of

Nah, I like 1st stage, but then it just gets bigger, and that's boring.

The phantump line and golurk lines are great though.
>>
>>26372497
I hate that, because Dookieshit pointed it out and now his fans unironically hate the ice cream.

And I'm surprised no one remembered Magnemite or Voltorb, let alone Porygon. The inanimate object fallacy needs to die.
>>
golurk and mandibuzz lines good

rest shit
>>
>>26372497
Really? Mandibuzz is the best to me save for Trevenant, and I think Mandibuzz was way more creative. We don't exactly know in what capacity this guy designed them though. The final designs are definitely not him and we don't know if he offered anything more than "hilarious ice cream cone that evolved into a double scoop sundae" or "vulture that wears bones".
>>
>>26372525
>boring

Boring, maybe, but it's still not a bad design. Personally I wish he'd have given it a second type, either fire with the ice cream all flambe and shit, rock with chocolate syrup/shell, or grass with a banana split design, but it's still a nice design. Maybe in 20 years we'll see banana split mega

>>26372535
yeah it's a non-argument designed by genwunners who think that pokemon being based on inanimate objects is
1. a new concept
2. a sign that pokemon is out of ideas

as if there aren't millions of species of animal, mythological creature, or cultural concepts that they can't ape, they're "forced" to design one off of inanimate objects like magnets, poke balls, and my favorite gen 1 design, "rock with arms"
>>
>>26372535
Come on dude. Not even a genwunner but it's a fucking ice cream cone. As opposed to a magnet robot steel mon and a look alike poke ball mon that had very niche and interesting role in the games.
>>
>>26372497
How The fuck ia mandibuzz a bad design? It conveys what its supposed to convey, it's a bone vulture. Its not too simple, its not overdesigned.

I feel like people equate "Pokémon i dont like" with bad designs.
>>
>>26372480
The only ones I don't care for is the Vullaby family.

Everything else is choice, especially Vanillite's line.
>>
>>26372596
>its a fucking ice cream cone
and?
>>
>>26372596
agreed dude, rock with arms is good design XDD
>>
only like Vullaby the rest are garbage
>>
>>26372480
I know the contrarians here love the fucking ice cream, but I hate it, its fucking stupid.
The rest are good, Trevenant is one of the coolest pokemon ever imho.
>>
>>26372656
>contrarians

No, I legitimately like it, and always have. I've never understood the "m-muh inanimate food XDDD!" complaints.

I fucking hate Trubbish though. Not because "omg a garbage bag pokemon wow gf out of ideas LOL", but because it's ugly as shit
>>
>>26372480
I love all the designs but Vanilite's line should of been a 2 stager in my opinion. Trevenant in particular is a 10/10 and Mandibuzz managed to make a vulture look appealing

>>26372596
we had eggs in gen 1,multiple eggs
>>
>>26372672
To me, I find Garbodor useless. It can't exactly attack, nor defend. All it really does is lie down some hazards, maybe get a good Gunk Shot or Rock Blast in, and that's it.
>>
>>26372480
>god tier
vanillite
golurk
mourningwood line

>good tier
golett

>okay tier
mandibuzz line

>bad tier
vanillish
vanilluxe
>>
>>26372644
How can you not see that would be seen as stupid by a bunch of people? A literal ice cream cone. I will battle you with an ice cream cone. With a face. I need to feed my ice cream cone. Let me breed two icecream cones. I like the poke but its so out there. That's why I like it.
>>
>>26372691
>deciding whether you like a pokemon based on its competitive ability, not design

shiggy
>>
>>26372672
Its not because its an inanimate thing, but because it looks stupid and its a stupid idea.
I love trubbish and I think he makes a lot more sense.
>>
File: Geodude_AG_anime.png (24KB, 982x379px) Image search: [Google]
Geodude_AG_anime.png
24KB, 982x379px
>>26372700
How can you not see that would be seen as stupid by a bunch of people? A literal rock. I will battle you with a rock. With a face. I need to feed my rock. Let me breed two rocks. I like the poke but its so out there. That's why I like it.
>>
>>26372650
It is. Excellent debut for the rock type. Simple, cohesive and to the point.
>>
>>26372740
I'm talking about an icecream cone. What are you on about?
>>
>>26372740
It's kikebhes never had a pet tock before. Get a load of this guy.

For real though saying you hate x Pokemon doesn't automatically mean the they don't have the same feeling about y one. Geodude is also only the first stage whereas Vanilluxe is always just an ice cream cone. I don't have an opinion on either but it's not apples to apples
>>
>>26372720
Oh no, I love the design, but it has a barren movepool to run off of. I REALLY tried to use it before stopping.

At least with Luvdisc, I can surprise people with Rain Dancing, healing, and boosting my Surfs.
>>
File: 250px-101Electrode.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-101Electrode.png
56KB, 250x250px
>>26372762
>>26372791

How can you not see that would be seen as stupid by a bunch of people? A literal ball. I will battle you with a ball. With a face. I need to feed my ball. Let me breed two balls. I like the poke but its so out there. That's why I like it.
>>
File: 250px-076Golem.png (70KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-076Golem.png
70KB, 250x250px
>>26372791
How can you not see that would be seen as stupid by a bunch of people? A literal iguana in a rock. I will battle you with an iguana. Trapped in a rock. I need to feed my iguana. Let me breed two rocks that can become an iguana. I like the poke but its so out there. That's why I like it.
>>
>>26372831
It's not a literal rock anymore. it's an iguana in a rock. That you had to add that there kind of shows it isn't apples to apples as I said. I don't know who you're trying to prove wrong. I said I didn't give my opinion on either lines.
>>
>>26372870
But an iguana is dying inside a rock unless I feed it. See, the ice cream suffers nothing from its transcendence. The iguana will suffer limited mobility and a lack of grabbing food.

Can you see why it's always trying to roll off of mountains or blow itself up? It's because it wants to die.
>>
>>26372480
Golurk has been my main bro sense he was introduced.

I dig this man's work.
>>
>>26372480
Two good lines
>>
>>26372480
Vanilite, Vanillish, Mandibuzz, Phantump and Trevenant are pretty good.
Golett and Golurk are alright.
Vanilluze and Vullaby suck.

He's good
>>
>if I post pictures of gen 1 Pokemon the ice cream cone Pokemon will look less retarded
>>
>>26373059
wow, these are awful

would like to see pokemon take on the living wall idea, though. could name it trumpo
>>
>>26373059
Eh, fair enough.
At least our pikaclones are once a gen.
Cat clones are mass-produced in that game.
>>
>>26373059
Holy shit this is awful
>>
>>26372480
I think The Phantump line is falsely attributed to him.
His is mega Beedrill
>>
>>26372480
7/9
breddy good
>>
>>26373059
Why is a tv remote wearing a cape?
>>
File: genwar_bingo.jpg (339KB, 777x922px) Image search: [Google]
genwar_bingo.jpg
339KB, 777x922px
>>
>>26372870
To be entirely honest, it's more than likely that it's just a rock-monster design that was so poorly executed that it ended up looking like a rockguana
>>
>>26373086
Mega Beedrill was by some other guy. some gen 6 newbie I think
>>
>>26373059
These are seriously giving me anxiety
>>
>>26373059
>this shitty franchise exists so that means this good franchise is allowed to be shitty!

What retarded logic.
>>
>>26372480
3/4 groups are awesome, I aprove.
>>
>>26372656
>contrarians
Fuck you. I wanted an ice cream Pokemon for years. Vanillite line is really cute.
>>
File: bingo.jpg (265KB, 777x922px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
265KB, 777x922px
>>26373107
not even close to winning
>>
>>26372480

>He has two options
[1] Apologize
[2] Resign
>>
>>26373107
Someone should add:
>The design's actually pretty clever, you just don't get it t.Vanilluxe fans
>>
>>26373059
It's nice to see the second game coming out here in the US. first one was surprisingly better than I expected
>>
>>26373147
I can practicaly read your cheeto breath.
>>
>>26372596
>it's a fucking ice cream cone
Actually it's icicles with snow on top. They only resemble ice cream cones.
>>
>>26373172
I can taste your melting vanilla ice cream tears.
>>
>>26373165
Why is so hard to understand that some people genuinely like Vanilluxe?
>>
>>26373142
old sugimori art style is better than the old one

gen 6's gen 3 is not canon

genwunner genwinner genwunner

pokemon lost its soul

nidoking and rhyhorn have horns, so edgy

gen 1 aged badly because glitches and shit

Voltorb is better than Vanillite

Grimer and Muk are slimes from other games, so its cool

What do I win?
>>
>>26373218
I don't give a fuck if you like it or not. Just pointing out a shitty argument you fags use to justify your shittaste
>>
File: shitpost king.png (196KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
shitpost king.png
196KB, 680x649px
>>26373237
This diploma
>>
>>26373218
Becuse it is not badass or something I'm sexually attracted to. It's a fucking ice cream cone. How could you possibly like it?
>>
>>26373218
Yes, they like it's flavour :^)
>>
>>26373274
What pokemon, do you like?
>>
>>26373278
>flavour
This is an American website and we speak American here
>>
>>26373274
If you don't give a fuck, why point anything out?

>>26373277
It's cute.
>>
>>26373324
because it triggers your autism and it makes my e-peen bigger
>>26373293
go away, child.
>>
>>26373339
Are you afraid we'd make fun of your taste?
>>
File: 1429985178131.jpg (90KB, 652x459px) Image search: [Google]
1429985178131.jpg
90KB, 652x459px
>>26373339
>autism as an insult
>while posting on the pokemon board
>>
>>26372700

I still fail to see the problem. I had no idea there was a benchmark as to what a pokemon can look like
>>
>>26373136
>I wanted an ice cream Pokemon for years.
holy fuck you're the type of person that thing was directed at? what other pokemon designs do you want?
>>
>>26373339
>>26373375
>>26373376

Autism
>>
>>26373469
I want a deep sea angler fish

Chinchou needs an evolution.
>>
>>26373529
no other foodons? do you want any vehicles or anything?
>>
I actually ran Garbodor when I played through Black and White, I can't be the only one that likes the design right?
>>
>>26373523
then post your favourite pokemon if your not autistic
>>
File: cradily.png (286KB, 902x895px) Image search: [Google]
cradily.png
286KB, 902x895px
>>26373543
>>
>>26373540
I like it too. My only problem with it is that it's not garbagey enough. The blue and pink dots should be a different color.
>>
>>26373561
Literal dickhead
>>
>>26373561
Damn, that's actually one of my favorites too. I miss when fossil pokemon were based on cambrean animals.
>>
>>26373059
I don't understand why people think these are bad. These are great designs. They just don't have the same theme as pokemon. Compare them to fakemon and fakemons look like trash.
>>
>>26373540
>>26373566
The best thing about Garbodor is how perfectly it fits with the NYC theme.
>>
all great designs except the ice cream stage 2/3
>>
>>26373469
Hydra, a better spider than Ariados, a t-rex, and a sword.
Gen 5 and 6 was good to me.

Now I want a Ghost/Fairy mirror Pokemon.
>>
>>26373523
kek
>>
The Vanilluxe line is designed well but living ice cream cones was a bad idea. As likeable as it looks, people will always be pissed that there's literally a Pokemon shaped exactly like an ice cream cone.
>>
>>26373147
He should pick both,
>>
>>26373704
I agree. Those people need to get over themselves though. Pokemon are monsters, not animals.
>>
>>26373595
True. In all honesty, no pokemon are ACTUALLY fucking bro, because they're fucking animals who's personalities are virtually non-extant throughout the franchise, and their designs prioritize aesthetics and inspiration over character. I haven't played the game, but I feel a higher personal affinity to that man-faced dog one then I ever have to a pokemon, and when I look the Yokai when they get posted like this they remind me of people I know, which makes me feel connection-by-proxy. Their goal is not to be iconic, but to be loved by kids, which doesn't always overlap depending on your approach.
>>
I really wonder what was going on in Game Freak when James Turner designed this.

>Scenario 1
Satoshi Tajiri: "Welcome aboard Mr. Turner!"
Turner: "Glad to finally achieve my childhood dream of working for Game Freak! I can't wait to start designing Pokemon."
Tajiri: "Yeah, about that, listen. The first Pokemon I want you to design is an ice cream Pokemon. Got it?"
Turner: "Absolutely! Sounds cool! So, as in, an Ice-type with a swirl of frost on its head or something, right? I could do a humanoid, or maybe -"
Tajiri: "No. No, listen to me, and this is very important to me, okay, listen, it has to be literally ice cream. I mean a floating cone with ice cream on top."
Turner: "Wait, what? I mean, it could look vaguely like ice cream but don't you think-"
Tajiri: "Literally ice cream! And that's final. Trust me it'll be great the fans will love it."

>Scenario 2
Ken Sugimori: "Okay everyone gather round let's brainstorm. What new Pokemon ideas've you got?
Turner: "I just came up with the most brilliant design. Here."
Sugimori: "..."
Sugimori: "This is literally an ice cream cone. Are you sure this is the right sketch -"
Turner: "No look it's got a cute little face. See? Right there."
Sugimori: "Look, this is going to need some work."
Satoshi Tajiri:"Ken, what did I tell you about criticizing your peers' designs? Get your ego in check."
Sugimori: "But-"
Satoshi Tajiri: "No buts! I love it! It's in the game, done!"
>>
>>26373884
More like
Turner: Here is Vaniluxe
Tajiri: It is a cute design and I'm not a complete autist so I won't get upset that it looks like an ice cream cone.
Sugimori: Yes, even a child could tell that it is made of ice and snow. How about we imply in the game that in the pokemon world ice cream cones are based on the pokemon.
Tajiri: Good idea!
>>
>>26373884
Better than golem
>BUT GOLEM GET'S A TURTRLE HEAD
That's more likely poorly-executed generic rock monster design then an actual attempt at making it interesting. Meanwhile, Vanillux has two heads, and a tube which expels mist from the crucible of clouds it maintains within itself.
>>
>>26373959
Meant still better than Geodude, fuck.
>>
>>26373823
The great thing about Pokemon is that they are a blank canvas we imprint with our chosen personalities and attributes. I don't know shit about Yokai but based on the designs they look like they come pre-bundled with personalities and characteristics. I can see the appeal of both. I guess it's to be expected for people in a pokemon forum to dislike anything that is remotely similar to pokemon.

I remember the daily digimon threads on /vp/ where people hated on digimon for fusions and for just putting guns and spikes on evolutions. After fusions and megas became part of pokemon, what was once a criticism is now "the greatest thing to happen to pokemon in 10 years." Maybe one day we'll get nonsensical and fabled unapologetically japanese designs in pokemon. Then people will not have the same criticisms of yokai.
>>
>>26372497
Please be b8
>>
>>26372480
The only ones I hate are Phantump and Trevenant. Absolutely foul designs.
>>
>>26373978
I'm actually surprised that someone can project personalities onto pokemon. They're TOO blank, and most kids only project when they project themselves onto protagonists. I wouldn't have traded away my starter as a kid, bu that's more because they were such an investment that it would have felt like a waste to.
>>
>>26372480
pokemon needs a new stylized art-style to make all the pokemon feel like they belong in the same franchise.
>>
>>26372682
This, Vanilite should've been a 2 stager. Others are cool
>>
>>26372480
Solid. He even made "ugly" Pokemon with the Mandibuzz line that still looks good because they were executed well. This is what Garbodorfags and the like need to understand.
>>
>>26374052
I would say you're in the minority with this line of thinking.
>>
>>26374001
How? Other than AMERICA'S NUMBER WHAN, I'd say he was pretty spot on. All the designs in the OP save mandibuzz who only exists as lore for vullaby are pretty obviously superior to the majority of pokemon, if you consider that the likes of Xatu, Fisk, and Granbull make up the bulk of them.
>In before but x is my favorite pokemon, every pokemon is somebody on /vp/'s favorite.
>>
>>26374121
Really? What kinds of personalities would you guys give your pokemon as kids?
>>
>>26374091
There's nothing to understand in self-wanking meme arguments like "good execution"
>>
>>26374146
t. Garbagefucker
>>
>>26374137
I drew shitty comics as a kid about my in game team. Blastoise was lazy but strong, Kabutops was shy, etc. Not that hard.
>>
>>26372480
This is why you don't let gaijin design pokemon.
>>
>>26374175
Not hard, but all because something's easy doesn't mean people will do it.
>>
>>26374126
>Other than AMERICA'S NUMBER WHAN

But James Turner is British.
>>
Not bad. I like all the Unova ones, even Vanillite, and the Trevenant line is one of the only good Gen 6 Mons.
>>
>>26372480
Vanillsh is cute,evolving from a cupcake cone to a sugar to a waffle cone the final evo is lame thiugh
>>
>>26374225
The fuck are you on about? At least 60 of the new mons are great.
>>
>>26373339
>autism
>implying you're not
>>
I think the Vanillite bothers people because it kind of breaks the ic- I mean immersion.

Even if the idea is that its supposed to be icicles with snow on top that only looks like an ice cream, its obvious that its designed to be an ice-cream. Designed to look like a man-made object. DESIGNED.

When you see the Vanillite line, its just so obvious that this man looked at an ice-cream and decided to make it into a Pokemon.

It completely demolishes the fantasy of adventuring with your team of superpowered pets.

Also, Vanillish and Vanilluxe have dumb face.
>>
>>26374172
So tell me what good execution is.
>>
>>26374324
Lucario, Lopunny, and Braixen
>>
File: Dragon-Quest-Slimes.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Quest-Slimes.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
>>26374209
Yeah, but most people have no issue anthropomorphism the pokemon they like.

>>26374314
It's funny since Vanilluxe inspired ice cream in-universe.

>Also, Vanillish and Vanilluxe have dumb face.
>>
>>26374324
Pretty much any Pokemon from Gen 1-4 and the majority of those after.
>>
>>26374366
>Furbait
>>
>>26374314
>Designed to look like a man-made object
But there are Pokemon that are actually man-made, like Porygon.
>>
>>26372480
I love Phantump and Trevenant. love Vanillite, and vanillish is okay. should have stopped there
>>
>>26374221
>America
>the West
Oops, I just typed America twice.
>>
>>26372804
>>26372831
Oh joy, a fresh new copy pasta.
>>
Only one I think is dumb is Vullaby.
>>
>>26372480
I like all of them. Despite Vanilluxe...
Damn, it's so ritarded
>>
>>26374314
>its obvious that its designed to be an ice-cream. Designed to look like a man-made object. DESIGNED.
Vanillite inspired ice cream though.
Besides, Magnimite is literally just two magnets, a washer and a screw attacked to a ball bearing. If that doesn't look man man made I don't know what does.
>>
>>26374464
But they arent DESIGNED by REAL LIFE PEOPLE to look like a man-made thing IN REAL LIFE.

Its just another super powered pet.
>>
>>26372480
Ice cream is cancer, Golurk is good, Mandibuzz is mediocre, Trevanent is good.
>>
>>26374528
What about Honedge? Designed by real life people to look like a man-made thing in real life.
>>
>>26374052
Like you say pokemon are too blank. So anybody who likes a pokemon has projected a personality onto that pokemon. That is the reason why there could be a pokemon you completely ignore then it becomes one of your favorites. You have imprinted a characteristic on that pokemon you haven't before.
>>
>>26374515
Then please point me to a single real life, man-made object that by itself looks Magnemite.

Oh right, you cant. Because Magnemite, like every other design is a combination of elements coming together to create another fantasy super powered pet. In this case a little floating robot guy.
>>
>>26372480
Remove Vanilluxe and it's pretty good.
>>
>>26374644
Then please point me to a single real life, man-made object that by itself looks Vanillite.

Oh right, you cant. Because Vanillite, like every other design is a combination of elements coming together to create another fantasy super powered pet. In this case a little floating Ice cream in a cone.
>>
>>26372480
I thought Turner didn't design Mandibuzz, just Vullaby.
>>
File: Vanilla-Ice-Cream-Cone.jpg (224KB, 617x775px) Image search: [Google]
Vanilla-Ice-Cream-Cone.jpg
224KB, 617x775px
>>26374675
>>
>>26374713
That's two objects anon.
>>
>>26374713
Is...is that mashed potatoes?
>>
>>26374644
I'm a big fan of Magnemite and Magneton (not Magnezone) but it doesn't look like any pet. It doesn't even have a face.
That's why I like it though. Pokemon don't have to look like
>literally my mom's dog
>>
>>26374740
Yes, mashed potatoes photograph better and don't melt.
>>
>>26374660
This. They tried too hard with adding the straw. They forced it into being a dessert, rather than being a Pokemon that looks like a dessert.
>>
>People making up rules about how pokemon should look
So, why should we listen to you?
>>
>>26372480
Faggot.
>>
>>26374763
...how?
How is that any different when they added the straw?
>>
File: 1438108695310.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438108695310.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>STILL shitting on pokemon designs
Fine, get a bigger load of it.
>>
>>26374783
Yokai Watch 2 announced for the west.
Fleshy Souls master race.
>>
>>26374783
>sock snake
>girl-in-a-bathtub
I keked out loud
>>
>>26374137
misdreavus wouldn't shut the fuck up, god
>>
File: 1443783784386.gif (343KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1443783784386.gif
343KB, 500x375px
>>26374763
Nah, hollow stalactites are called soda straws, and it fits on a monster that is nothing more than stalactites and stalagmites imitating ice cream.
Stop taking the joke seriously.
>>
>>26374253
How? Malamar was good. Everyone else is either okay, or terrible.
>>
File: Noivern_(dream_world).png (62KB, 301x244px) Image search: [Google]
Noivern_(dream_world).png
62KB, 301x244px
>>26374966
The fuck you say about Noivern?
>>
>>26374783
Are yokai monsters individual beings, (i.e. there is only one bathtub girl), or are there an infinite number of each type like pidgey?
>>
>>26375639
It depends: some are unique, but most are whole species.
>>
>>26374719
You're two objects.
>>
File: Hitoshi Ariga.png (257KB, 641x625px) Image search: [Google]
Hitoshi Ariga.png
257KB, 641x625px
Opinions?
>>
>>26373059
what is your team /vp/?
>>
>>26372480
Gollurk is dank
the rest is shit
>>
>>26377223
8.5/10
Doublade is boring as shit
Amura looks terrible
and Aurorus is ok
>>
>>26372480
Outside of the middle mon in the ice cream line, they're all pretty nice desu. I absolutely love the Phantump line
>>
>>26377223
Pnagoro, Tyrunt, and Tyrantrum are some of my favorite Pokemon of all time. I like Pancham more than Pangoro, though--who designed him?
>>
>>26377223
9 of the 11 are good. First two of Aegislash's line are meh but the rest are great
>>
>>26372480
should stick to making ghost types
>>
>>26377223
my nigga
designed the best looking mega
>>
>>26377223
>Designed the Inkay Line and M-Beedrill

Based.
>>
>>26372610
Actually, I kind of agree with him. Not in the sense that it's a BAD design, but I feel Mandibuzz is less of a bone vulture than it's previous evolution is.
>>
>>26372480
>Vanillie line
It should've stopped there, the first evolution is the best.
>Golett line
Meh
>Vullaby line and Phantump
God Tier
>>
>>26372480
I like them all except Vullaby
>>
toast
>>
>>26372480
Trevenant still looks like a fake pokemon to me.
>>
>>26377223
I like Pangoro and the Honedge line.
Tyrunt line doesn't do much for me and I hate the rest.
>>
>>26372480
>Made the giant golem robot that can learn fly
My niggah. Even Vannilish can't ruin that.
>>
File: laughing_woman.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_woman.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>26373561
>>
>>26372590
>Personally I wish he'd have given it a second type

Designers don't decide Pokemon types. Their supervisors give them certain restrictions to work with and the designers have to create a Pokemon based on those restrictions, and this is mainly because they have a specific quota to fulfill for each type (a certain number of pure types, a certain number of dual types) and aesthetics (cute, cool, etc.) for balance purposes.
>>
Ice cream a shit
Everything else is nice tho
>>
>>26373112
Doubt it, always thought it was supposed to be a turtle-esque creature that was able to hide in its rock-shell.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 513x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 513x429px
>>26372513
You should actually kill yourself.
>>
>>26372480

I like him.
>>
>>26383652
Actually. What happens is that designers pump out a shit ton of ideas and those ideas gets refined and filtered by administrations.
>>
>>26372480
Even if you don't like his Pokemon designs this guy was responsible for HarmoKnight and Tembo, so props for those. They're not great games but it's nice to see GF make something other than Pokemon for a change.
>>
>>26372700
>you can battle with eggseeds and cherries
>but an icicle cream cone is out of the question
ok
>>
Based. He created the iconic and nostalgia fag tear inducer ice cream line
>>
>>26372480
hairline aside, i think he's a QT
>>
>>26372682
Should of tho
>>
>>26383768
I know, but that's the long version. To be entirely accurate what really happens is that the designers draw a crapload of designs and then their supervisors filter out said designs to fulfill their type and aesthetic quotas, and THEN the designers might have to go back and modify some of those approved designs based on certain requirements given to them.
>>
File: mana_ibe's_pokémon.gif (135KB, 653x533px) Image search: [Google]
mana_ibe's_pokémon.gif
135KB, 653x533px
>>
>>26372480
As much as I hate the ice cream i can't even say its forgettable since I always think of it when i think of designs i hate
>>
>>26377223
He made the best and worst fossilmon
>>
>>26383920
You know besides Stunfisk and Klefki she's actually a really good designer. Hopefully she's actually allowed to create more than one Pokemon for Gen 7 unlike Gen 6.
>>
File: sE3lfq6.png (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sE3lfq6.png
115KB, 500x500px
The entire Vanillish line is great, unique and fitting to the type. While Vanilluxe essentially fell into the "it's just two stuck together" thing, the fact that it's ice cream and mimics a sundae or something makes it alright.

Golett and Golurk are fucking amazing and anyone that has any arguments can feel free to suck my knob as I fly off into the sky on my robot

Vullaby and Mandibuzz are bad, I won't lie.

While I don't much like Phantump, Trevenant is a GOAT design for a grass type.

There were a lot of problems with Gen V, but lack of good Pokemon designs wasn't one of them.
>>
>>26383920
>mom's dog
>stunfisk
>booboo keys
Aside from those, pretty good
>>
>>26383958
>There were a lot of problems with Gen V

Hardly. Other than the linearity, it has the best region, the best plot, the best characters, the best Pokemon designs, a decent postgame in B/W and an incredibly solid postgame in B2/W2.

Like any of the other versions, it tends to suffer from Game Freak stubbornly sticking to their own conventions but content-wise and aesthetic-wise I think it has the most to offer out of any of the gens.
>>
>>26372480
Phantump is the only one that looks decent. Not that the problem is in the designer's gaijiness, there's plenty japanese made garbage in the franchise.
>>
>>26372596
>Not even a genwunner

Whatever you say mate.
>>
>>26383716
If you look at older fantasy rock-elemental designs from the late eighties and the like, vaguely saurid like that were really common. A lot of the Rocklords (a line of rock transformers that ran alongside gobots) looked like that, actually. Also what the fuck does a Golem look like when it's fighting? if it can't withdraw it's head to roll at things like gravler, does it just hobble around?
>>
>>26372480
the ice cream is bad, rest are really good. trevenant is a badass design.

also since when do white people design pokemon?
>>
>>26384037
>if it can't withdraw it's head to roll at things
but it can
>>
>>26372480

They're all really cute. Could've been a little more creative with Vanilluxe, (just giving him a second face is not worth another evolution), but it's fine.
Golurk is the most unappealing of the bunch, but Golett is cool and cute at the same time.
>>
>>26384058
Oh, just wiki'd it and your right. Still though, what does it look like when it's not using literally just rollout? And looking into it, and can only learn rollout via prior evolution.
>>
File: rise.png (137KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
rise.png
137KB, 400x513px
>>26383957
I think she designed more in Gen 6 it^s only unknown and she designed one of the ORAS Megas.
>>
>>26372480
6/9 ain't bad
>>
>>26383920
Fraxure and Jellicent are two of my favorite Pokémon. Nice.
>>
>>26384121
>what does it look like when it's not using literally just rollout
it summons rocks out of nowhere like the rest of the rock types
>>
>>26372480
Ba illite is good but rest of the line suffers from it justs gets bigger syndrome
Gilbert and Phanthump are good designs and the concept of the lines are good but I just think Golurk and Trev Are poorly done..
Agree with others that Vullaby and Mandi could have been so much better
>bone in tuft of hair
Cmon that's been overdone since the flintstones
>>
>>26384332
Vanillite* golett* fucking autocorrect
>>
>>26384332
>Gilbert
lel
>>
>>26384332
>gilbert
>>
>>26384332
what's wrong with trevenant? it's a pretty good dark/psychic version of sudowoodo
>>
>>26384515
Ghost/Grass you mean?
>>
>>26372480
They're cool. Hated vullaby until i realized it's using a human skull as a diaper.
>>
File: 1048354.jpg (237KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
1048354.jpg
237KB, 324x450px
>>26384519
i-i don't play the video games anon :(
>>
>>26383920
>Haxorus

That's cool, so she designed the first Gen 5 Pokemon.
>>
>>26372700
>because pokemon isnt a kids game
oh wait
also if you cant argue why you dislike a pokemon other than "hurr durr ice cream garbage" then youre a fucking cunt with zero debate skills
>>
Vanillite line is fine, I mean Gen 1 had eggs and magnets so literally anything can be a Pokémon.
I love Phantump, Trevenent is ok I guess.
>>
>>26384541
Get out
>>
>>26372480
He made Golurk and pissed off Genwunners for years to come with that cheeky ice cream cone, he can do no wrong
>>
>>26383920
They should have her design more reptilian pokes. Haxorus is great but the rest are sorta meh for me
>>
wait what
>>
>>26372480
Golurk line and mandibuzz line are fine, indifferent on trevenant, dislike vanilluxe line.
>>
>>26384317
Okay, fair, but I meant physical moves that would require him to close in on his opponent (punches, kicks, bites, etc,)
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.