[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemòn will die in your lifetime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: 1459235040628.png (107KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
1459235040628.png
107KB, 625x468px
>Pokemòn will die in your lifetime
>>
File: 1463347803098.jpg (13KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1463347803098.jpg
13KB, 500x259px
>>26369391
>you will die before Pokémon
>>
>>26369391
The damage was already done.
>>
Everything has to come to an end, anon.

That said: people seem to forget that Pokemon is the second largest game franchise in existence. It's going to last a long fucking time. A looooong time.

Honestly, I'm more afraid that it will live so long and go through so many changes that eventually it will be a bastard child, unrecognizable compared to what it began as.

I'd rather it die than suffer that sort of fate.
>>
>>26369412
Game Freak will never be desperate enough to make it appeal to retard bandwagon normies and critics, right? RIGHT!?
>>
>>26369391
Yeah, I will probably die one day. Probably before Pokémon does. My Pokémon will remain, though.
>>
>>26369424
>desperate
No, they're not desperate. They're a huge cashcow and a system-seller by themselves, and Nintendo knows it.

If they further casualize the series, it won't be as a "desperate" move; it will be because more people will buy it that way. It's just money, and the "hardcore gamers" that hang around here are a tiny, tiny fraction of the market.
>>
>>26369391
Pokemòn will die in your lifetime.

No. Speculation and facts are two completely different things.
>>
>There are people on this very earth that died waiting for Hoenn to be confirmed
>>
>>26369412
Superman and Batman are older than most of the earth's population
>>
>implying we can outlive pokemon
sorry but we just cant, there is a chance any of us can and will die before pokemon

fuck it some anons wont even see gen7 and they are living the hype right now

take care /vp/ i love you guys
>>
>>26369391
>you will die within your lifetime
>>
>>26369480
>>
>not whoring yourself out to TPCI and spending the rest of eternity as pokemon merchandise
nigga please
>>
File: 1421379486765.jpg (106KB, 698x658px) Image search: [Google]
1421379486765.jpg
106KB, 698x658px
>someone on /vp/ will die before Sun and Moon
>>
File: BigFeel.jpg (88KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
BigFeel.jpg
88KB, 569x802px
>>26369544
>You don't get to bring your Pokémon friends in the journey to the afterlife
>>
I just wonder how they'll keep getting new ideas for Pokemon. Can they get to 2,000 without repeats? Is 70 per generation the new norm?
>>
>>26369595
there is endless creative flexibility in designing Pokemon
>>
>>26369595
They'll follow Yo-Kai watch and start adding recolours and robots and shit
>>
My guess is there will be a time in wich there wont be any new games and then it will come back again.
>>
>Largest handheld franchise
>Second-largest video game franchise overall, behind on Mario

Pokémon is not going anywhere anytime in the foreseeable future barring just a total collapse of the entire video game market.
>>
>>26369412
...what's the largest?
>>
>>26369766
mario? i guess.
>>
>>26369766
Fucking Mario. There's a reason he's Nintendo's mascot and a household name.
>>
>>26369391
>implying Pokemon won't outlive everyone on this board
>>
>>26369480
Somewhat of a good thing, they died dreaming of a top tier game instead of being alive to witness their hopes being shattered with a half-assed shitty game.
>>
>>26369391
Not if I kill myself first
>>
>>26369391
no fucking way man, i'll commit sudoku first
>>
>you will be still playing pokemon on your deathbed
>>
It's too much of a cultural phenomenon to ever truly "die".
>>
>>26369887
This desu
>>
>>26369748
That happened with Dragon Ball. I don't think it will happen with Pokemon as well, because ending a generation and not having another one for 5-10 years means it's the end.

My guess: They might do a special generation with pokemon from all the generations, new forms or new pokemon FOR Kanto, in like 2025. This might be a time for a rest for them, because they won't say if this is the end or not.

That's how they will end it, but actually won't end it.
>>
File: 55E3C0E1461C710001.png (5KB, 112x133px) Image search: [Google]
55E3C0E1461C710001.png
5KB, 112x133px
>pokemon will have so many generations, that individual generations are grouped together by periods
>something along the lines of dividing up films by showa/heisei/millenium
>tfw we can already see periods in pokemon being established, with how the first four generations were only in Japan, plenty of crossgen evolutions and had the pokedex end at Arceus
>the new period we're in now is characterized by taking place outside of Japan, introduction of unpopular battle styles (triples, rotation, sky, inverse), gimmicks like fusing legendaries and "ultimate forms", and only having two pairs of games per generation
>a day will come where you're considered a newfag only if you started to play in the third period
>>
>>26369887
>half-assed shitty game
>ruby and sapphire
It was the best pokemon ever at the time.
>>
>>26369595
In 10 or 20 years handheld consoles will die in favor of smartphones. They will probably release a single game named Pokemon, which will be a full-fledged game that will be updated from time to time
>>
>>26371637
dead as in Megaman death.
>>
>>26371824
>one day a person will be an oldfag if it started playing in XY
>>
>>26371824
>inverse and sky battles were not multiplayer options

I'm still mad
>>
>>26369424
They're japanese, m8.
They don't give a fuck about western critics.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.