[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: discuss why Game Freak HATES following pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: N E V E R E V E R.png (776KB, 1001x663px) Image search: [Google]
N E V E R E V E R.png
776KB, 1001x663px
ITT: discuss why Game Freak HATES following pokemon
>>
They don't, otherwise they wouldn't have implemented it in HGSS in the first place. It's just that it's not an important or impactful feature, so they haven't bothered bringing it back.

Hopefully it comes back one day though, and completely optional.
>>
>>26365783

>It's just that it's not an important or impactful feature, so they haven't bothered bringing it back.

nah this is nonsense
the truth is GF loves gen 2 the most because its the best gen and the gen that inspired GF to keep making pokemon games so they put much more effort into HGSS than they did FRLG or ORAS
its just so obvious once you've played all the remakes
>>
It was added as a feature to the Johto remakes. Soaring will never return either.
>>
>>26365831
>FRLG has nearly a whole region worth of new maps
>less effort than HGSS

Nah man. If they really put effort into HGSS, they would've fixed the level scaling instead of making it worse, or put in a proper post-game story to make Kanto worth exploring, or given the following Pokemon a standing sprite instead of constantly walking in place.
>>
Why don't they just use the bottom screen?

>basic overworld top screen
>bottom screen shows trainer butt and interactive, following pokemon
>pretty much pokemon-amie in real time walking around the map
>you can customize and groom them
>>
>>26365734
It's suppose to be a unique feature to Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Soul Silver and Heart Gold.
>>
>>26365875
Oh, and made it so that the Frontier actually used HGSS trainer sprites instead of recycling Platinum's wholesale.

Really
>>
>>26365875

come on FRLG didn't even have animated sprites

it was made in between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald

its obvious FRLG was originally nothing but a side project to pad out the release between those games

thats when GF realized that remakes of their old games would actually sell so they waited until after Platinum to make HGSS so they could devote more time to it
>>
It requires effort and GameFreak can barely handle their own workload as it is.
>>
>>26365958

>overworked

They're just lazy as shit.
>>
>>26365951
Yet the game itself had much more effort put into it than either of the other two remakes.

Also FRLG came out like only half a year before Emerald in Japan, which hasn't happened before or since, so it really wasn't padding. If anything Emerald was the padding.
>>
Including it in XY/ORAS would have been too difficult and time consuming, and wouldn't make much sense considering some pokemon sizes relative to people.
>>
Why would anyone want this feature back?
Literally they follow you non stop. When you turn to talk to them, you'll get a smiley face.
That's it.

What is the benefit of this feature at all? It's always the Poke in the top spot as well.
>>
>>26365982

Some people want to look at their pokemon all the time, I see nothing wrong with this feature.

It could have stayed as optional without problem.
>>
File: 1462505087652.png (109KB, 488x857px) Image search: [Google]
1462505087652.png
109KB, 488x857px
>>26365982

I love my Meloetta. She's my team leader and partner. It would be cool to have her follow around outside her ball.

That said, I'm not gonna have a bitch fit cause she can't. It's whatever.
>>
Because they're lazy, duh.
>>
>>26365982

because its a cool and immersive feature that allows the player to feel a little more connected with their pokemon

pokemon amie is a feature in the same vein but theres pretty much no reason that both shouldn't be in the games at this point and combined they would just magnify that effect even more
>>
>>26365982
I agree, all this fluff is useless.
Remove Amieshit, too. And contests, fuck those. Soaring, too. Instead, just make it to where you press a button and select whatever city you want to go to.
Anything fun can fuck off.
>>
File: ss (2016-05-12 at 02.25.11).png (619KB, 613x629px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-12 at 02.25.11).png
619KB, 613x629px
>>26365831
>Ruby and Sapphire are the first games that had Masuda as the director
>Masuda blows Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
>>
>>26365734

It was a gimmick to sell HGSS, like everything else about those shitty fucking games. If they weren't jam-packed with "Lol look at this cool extra feature" I might kinda like them.
>>
>>26366786

Masuda didn't direct ORAS. He doesn't direct 3rd games or remakes, which is why they're usually 10x better, except for ORAS.
>>
because implementing would be too resource intensive, both for them and for the console
also you seriously think it wouldn't look awkward as hell, especially in SM?
imagine a giant Wailord or Groudon blocking your camera constantly.
The closest thing they could do to that, they already did, and it's Pokémon amie.
it only really worked when the game was sprite and grid based and with a top down view
>>26366091
>Instead, just make it to where you press a button and select whatever city you want to go to.
so, Fly?
>>
>>26366881
He did co-direct the game, though.
>>
>>26366814
Kys
>>
>>26366011
That's a shitty drawing anon. I'll make you a better one someday. One without a tracing of Shantae.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.