[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BEST POKÉMON DS GAME ?? poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/10229571

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (228KB, 812x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 812x850px
BEST POKÉMON DS GAME ??
poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/10229571
>>
>>26357660
we all know the answer
>>
>>26357660
Ok guys. Most of us agree Plat HGSS and BW2 are the top 3. What the 4th best game?
>>
Beginning to think I'm the only person on the planet that fucking despises B2W2
>>
>>26357835
>implying you need a 4th
>>
>>26357844
No, you are not alone. I hate Gen5 completely
Most likely because of the awful/copied Pokemon designs.
>>
>>26357860
Oh I like B/W
I just don't like the working into of an existing region, felt very contrived once you get to Castelia
>>
>>26357835

BW is 4th best. Diamond and Pearl are just really slow, less developed versions of Platinum.
>>
>>26357860
I'm a unovabortion but there are a few really identical coppies. Tarous Persian Parasect magnetite. But you can't undermined a whole region because of it
>>
>>26357870
I mean I was opening it up to every game
>>
>>26357835
Emerald
>>
BW > Pt > BW2 > HGSS > DP
>>
>>26357660
What I don't get is, why do people prefer BW2 over BW? Is it just PWT (and PokeStar for you weirdos)?

I felt like BW2 was a downgrade, in every area besides music and environments. The writing was weaker, the plot moved at an off pace, and the new characters, like Marlon, felt like an afterthought and really underutilizes -- especially after how involved every leader was in the BW climax.
>>
>>26357860
>hating an entire game because of a couple of "bad" Pokémon designs

I never understood this and it's one of the reasons that the games are hated. You do know you don't have to use those Pokémon, right?
>>
>>26359036
There is a lot more shit to do, especially post-game. I like first games more myself, but it's obvious the sequels were better.
>>
>>26357860

Anon you might be retarded
>>
>>26359036
Because instead of going with the plot it went with the content this time round giving us one of, if not the, most content in any Pokemon game to date.
>>
>>26359088
>You do know you don't have to use those Pokémon
>hate all except like 5 Pokemon
>all are late game
Why should I play that shit Generation?
>>
So what exactly is the appeal of Black/White 2? It was so boring I couldn't even finish it, Heartgold/Soulsilver are a million times better
>>
>HG/SS beating Platinum

As if we really needed any more confirmation of this place being filled with blind nostalgiafaggots.
>>
>>26359328
It's the content. There was so much to do you didn't know what to do with yourself
>>
>>26359339
oh so basically quantity>quality? no wonder all the autists on /vp/ love it so much
>>
>>26359348
You never played BW2, did you? You're just jumping on the hate bandwagon for memeing?
>>
>>26359382
What hate bandwagon? It's winning the poll by quite a bit, as it should.
>>
>>26359382
i did up to the 7th gym or so and it was completely forgettable

the only thing i remember from it was the giant bridge area and a couple neat pokemon designs
>>
>tfw it's impossible to get HG/SS at a decent price these days

Fuck me for being late, I guess.
>>
>>26359417
just emulate it ;) if you can deal with the constant freezing and graphical glitches, that is
>>
>>26359405
There are two things that might make the BW2 experience worse: not playing BW before (and using the memory link feature) and not playing it on release. Doing join avenue/Magnemite chain with anons was one of the most fun things I ever did in any Pokemon game.
>>
>>26359449
actually good games don't require you play them under special conditions or in a certain order in order to be enjoyable
>>
>>26359474
Even without those, they were still among the best in the series, multiplayer features are just what made them especially memorable. Pokemon games in general aren't really memorable to begin with.
>>
I don't really understand the huge gap in appeal between BW and BW2 but HGSS are perfect and should be on top
>>
>>26359474
>or in a certain order in order to be enjoyable

BW2 is a sequel tho but you don't have to play BW, they reference past events so you kinda get a little background of what had happened. BW2 still offers a lot of things that don't require you to play with other people
>>
>>26359449
This anon here: >>26359005,

I could probably see that, I got BW2 pretty late, almost near XY's launch. I haven't done a lot of the bonus/post game stuff either.
>>
>>26357660
HeartGold SoulSilver is the only true answer.
>>
>>26359269
This.

BW1 had the best story of any Pokemon game, but BW2 had the most (and arguably best) content.
>>
>>26359880
>BW1 had the best story of any Pokemon game

It was great if you like SquareEnix-tier melodrama and fuccboi characters.
>>
>>26357660
Playing Black 2 right now senpai, it's as fun and the battle subway is as frustrating as ever
>>
>>26357660
I'm surprised that anyone voted for D/P, considering that Platinum improved on them in almost every way.
>>
>>26359972
the 6 people that voted for them probably havent played any of the other games, either that or they are gigantic hipsters
>>
>>26359880
BW may have had the best story of any Pokémon game, but it was still shit. They wrote Team Plasma (except N) in the most simplistic way possible.
>>
>not including the spin-offs
Faggots.
Sky>Conquest>Dash>Platinum>hgss>bw>bw2
>>
>>26359936
>It was great if you like SquareEnix-tier melodrama and fuccboi characters.

That's a pretty decent way to umbrella BW, but at the same time, we're talking about how the Pokemon games rank amongst themselves.

Introducing that melodrama was new, for Pokemon.
>>
>>26360228
>Dash>
>Dash
>greater than anything
>let alone main series games

wew lad
>>
>>26360275
Yes, it was new. It was also a mistake.
>>
>>26360303
Keep cultivating your shitty taste, and I'll keep enjoying different things.
>>
>>26360320
Are you actually defending BW's plot? This is good writing that deserves defending to you?
>>
File: 1461385686824.png (176KB, 381x410px)
1461385686824.png
176KB, 381x410px
>>26360289
>>
>>26357660
I love HGSS and BW2 near equally but I cant deny BW2 is the better game
>>
>>26357835
It's either Emerald, Crystal or ORAS. I hated ORAS but I can understand having it as 4th. Definitely no higher than that though.

SO for me, Emerald.
>>
>>26359880
Platinum did "big" story better and HGSS did "simple adventure" better
>>
HGSS > B2W2 > BW > PL > DP
>>
>>26357844
It has the best post game of any pokemon game. But the main game is dull
>>
>>26357844
Nope. I absolutely hate it so damn much. Sure the post game was good but that's all it has going for it. It was complete garbage
>>
>>26360374
I already see you moving the goalpost.

We're talking about Pokemon games. Have you forgotten that? We aren't doing a comparison beyond the series.

Black and White were the first games driven by plot, that was a radical change for the games. Just because you see the pot as trite (hur chosen jesus dude fixes things and spooky guy is surprise father), doesn't mean it wasn't a better written game than others in the series.
>>
Huh, it looks like the poll matches with my personal ranking.

1. HGSS
2. B2/W2
3. Platinum
4. B/W
5. D/P
>>
>>26361323
Not him, but yeah, if he seems the plot as bad then that will be a big factor in him thinking its not the best written game.

Its probably the third or 4th best story for me but I can see someone disliking it
>>
>>26357844
I might be alone in this but I like the originals better. It feels too much like a third installment than a sequel.
>>
B2W2
Platinum
BW
DP
HGSS
>>
>>26361531
you should probably get a doctor to check out that terminal case of shit taste
>>
>>26361531
>DP
>above any of the other DS games
yeah nah
>>
>>26361425
Oh, I fully understand, I just think it's an unfair judgement when you allow a stock plot to get in the way of enjoying (or at least, assessing) writing and characters. It's one thing to be a braindead casual consumer and not think about these things, but if you're down in the shit trenches, it behooves you to not stick your head deep into your own ass.

I don't necessarily ascribe to "the seven basic plots", but I realize there are only so few stories to tell in the world, with only surface level change.

I can empathize with their view, though. RSE felt mind-numbing to me because I've seen too many shitty stories do Captain Planet shenanigans without trying.
>>
B2/W2 + HG/SS > B/W > Platinum > D/P
Diamond + Pearl didn't feel lively enough and kind of empty while Platinum and HG/SS pick up on that and B/W+B2/W2 felt the most atmospheric out of the bunch.
Damn, I really want to replay the games but there's nothing left for me to experience fresh.
>>
>>26359936
>implying you don't want fuccbois?
>>
>>26361611
HGSS were trash from their base. I respect that they did as much as they could but Johto is still a complete bore even with all the shiny polish they put on it.

Diamond and Pearl felt a bit more like they had some identity going for them. HGSS didn't change the fact that Johto was just Kanto's bitch.
>>
How to get drastic emulator for free am poor and fag
>>
B2/W2 or Platinum
>>
>HS/SS winning
I still don't get why people like them. It fixes literally none of the problems the originals had.
>>
>>26362588
It's just nostalgia. IMO HGSS is incredibly boring, but that's likely because I skipped gen 2.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.