[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon_Colosseum_poster.jpg (30KB, 447x322px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Colosseum_poster.jpg
30KB, 447x322px
What went right?
>>
>>26354845
The music.
The villains.
Nothing else though, fuck everything else was so awful.
>>
File: 1463307549976.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463307549976.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
3D a decade before XY
Shadowmons
Tournaments
>>
I "really" enjoyed having to purify pokemon, and how every battle was a double battle.
the amount of pokemon you can catch is so diverse in the game. Truly this is how to do console pokemon right.
>>
>>26354845
You were born in 2001.
>>
>>26354845
I liked the battle mountain and the underground city.
>>
>>26354845
Music.
Villains and characters.
Double battles for every battle.
Tournaments.
Purification.
>>
>you're forced to use pokemon you wouldn't normally use
>trainers had diverse teams
>double battles

The only downside was that if you missed a Shadow Pokemon, you were screwed. Luckily they corrected that in Gale of Darkness.
>>
The gamecube failed so they would never have to waste time making another XD or Colosseum
>>
>>26354977
>>26354949
>liking shadow pokemon
Literally what?

>>26354996
I'm sure you can rematch every trainer
>>
Nothing except going in an interesting direction with the protag as well as some of the music. The Colosseum games were quite mediocre, especially when compared to the main games.
>>
>>26354845
1: The 3Dness. The animations REALLY added new character to the Pokémon that even Gen6 doesn't have. ...But on the flip-side, animations were way too long.
2: Shadow Pokémon was a great mechanic.
3: Pokémon you catch are good enough to use right away, without having to train them up.
4: It's reasonably 100%able, unlike the regular games where trying to catch them all takes way too long (at least, up until ORAS).
5: The art in general was pretty great. A lot less generic than the main games.
>>
Everything except how slow the battles are.
>>
>>26355157
>2: Shadow Pokémon was a great mechanic.
I refuse to believe this.

>3
But this is literally wrong, you can't say this right after saying shadow is a good mechanic. Feels like you haven't played the game.
>>
>>26355459
They are good enough to use right away, despite the Shadow Mechanics. And sometimes because of them.

They'll tend to be stronger, because of how "Shadow" type works, but it also comes with downsides. Furthermore, using them is encouraged because it also helps cure them, which will make them more versatile.

People are right not to like this, because it's not how Pokemon typically works. Aside from the selection issues, the Shadow type (especially in the first game), was frustrating and could be unfun because of the drawbacks to the mechanic. But I, and others, think it's a refreshing way to encourage rotating your mons and also to use mons you may not ever touch when given the opportunity to use objectively better ones.

I should really give it a replay some day. I enjoyed it well enough when I was younger, but I think I'd warm up more to the double battling now than I did then.
>>
>>26355595
>despite
Because shadow moves are OP and have no variation to them. That's also how they're uncouraged.
However neither of that makes it a good mechanic. A forced mechanic is what it makes that
>>
>>26355157
Don't forget the important trainers using (basic) competitive strategies or exploiting their party gimmick to the max.
>>
>>26355604
The main point was arguing that Pokemon were immediately useful, regardless of the fact that they came bundle with the Shadow Pokemon mechanic and whatever people's feelings on it were.
>>
groudon earthquake
or was that PBR
>>
>>26355623
The main argument they were 'good enough'
Despite only having shadow moves and needing to train them up before you can get their actual moves.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.