[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make your own pokemon fighting roster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: roster.png (3MB, 778x1061px) Image search: [Google]
roster.png
3MB, 778x1061px
I saw that a lot of people were not happy with the Pokken roster, so tell me /vp/, what roster would you make?
Create your own Pokemon fighting game roster, and rate others, saying whether you would buy a game with such a roster or not

Also, the game in question is not necessary Pokken, it could be whatever kind of fighting game you like

If you feel like this number of fighters is too much/low you can adjust the template to suit your needs
>>
All the Megas except Mega-Latio/as Rayquaza
+ pikachu
>>
File: 1234.jpg (659KB, 778x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
659KB, 778x1061px
>>26337944
ok, here's mine

Deoxys and Dewott are boss characters.

Deoxys can change forms on the fly and Eevee can evolve into any eeveelution during every round.

Rate and tell me who would be your main

>inb4 Ledyba
Yes, Ledyba
>>
File: golurk.gif (2MB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
golurk.gif
2MB, 500x625px
The same roster as Pokken except with Golurk added, because Golurk should already be in the game and LOOK AT THAT BADASS MOTHERFUCKER.
>>
>>26337944
>I saw that a lot of people were not happy with the Pokken roster
That's an overstatement. Only a handful were unhappy due to their bro not making it.
>>
>>26338423
oh yeah, throh and sawk are one character, works like a tag team with assists
>>
>>26338446
Well, to be fair, two Pikachu and two Mewtwo is kinda a lame idea
>>
>>26338423
>dewott
>not samurott

Kill yourself
>>
>>26338550
Clones are a pretty established element of fighting games.
>>
File: fighting.png (684KB, 778x1061px) Image search: [Google]
fighting.png
684KB, 778x1061px
>>26337944

>fighting game
>FIGHTING
>>
File: dewott_v_2_by_xous54-d38axx1.png (81KB, 426x585px) Image search: [Google]
dewott_v_2_by_xous54-d38axx1.png
81KB, 426x585px
>>26338564
but muh cute samurai
>>
>>26338618
All pokemon are fighters, it's what they do all their lives
>>
>>26338636

no pokemon are peacefull creatures, we force them to fight

>also, pure fighting type championship is awesome
>>
>>26338644
>"Charizard flies around the sky in search of powerful opponents"
>Liepard:"Stealthily, it sneaks up on its target, striking from behind before its victim has a chance to react."
>Sneasel:"Vicious in nature, it drives Pidgey from their nests and feasts on the eggs that are left behind."
>>
>>26338695

good Pokémon. evil Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. - masuda
>>
>>26338644
> Gardevoir
> Pikachu
> Maybe Chandelure
>>
>>26338715
they aren't evil, but a lot of them are not peaceful and most of them are fighters and hunters by nature
>>
>>26337944
I like Wild Type roster
>>
>>26338644
>>26338618
No, pure fighting type championshit is a boring piece of shit. Go play Tekken if you want "fantasy with real fighting styles" so much.
>>
File: pokken roster.png (963KB, 778x1061px) Image search: [Google]
pokken roster.png
963KB, 778x1061px
Pikachu intentionally as the only electric type with several costumes. This much appeasement means I can get away with not pushing Lucario or other pseudo-mascot shitmons.

Four ghost types. Chandelure has amazed me with what it does in Pokken, and hell, it fucking stays. Sableye is a defensive fighter with high priority in its strikes, but doesn't do a lot of damage. It has DOTs and the community hates it - calls people who main Sableye scrubs and cheaters. Aegislash abuses the wall and has a great deal of horizontal moves. Gengar is hard to pin down for strikes until it tries AOE blasts because it can flatten against the floor and still move. Any ground-pounding attacks will still hurt it then.

Ten fighting types intentionally chosen. Four are wrestlers of various styles, with the sumo slams and throws, showy American grappling, fiery hot lucha ridiculousness, and locks and pins interspersed with painful jabs. All four have plenty of anti-air, but no real projectiles. Two are Megas and I have no real idea how they'd play, but Mega-nny would definitely have a Chammy-like thigh grapple. Next we have rabid assaulters: one pure puncher, one agile air-based mainly-puncher, one quick projectile-based mainly-kicker, and one pure kicker.

Four(ish) psychic types. Alakazam would be very, very fast and dependent on combos. If it gets interrupted, things are going to go badly for it. Only one that can combo projectiles. Mewtwo is boss-tier. It just plain cheats. Deoxys can be very hard to predict, and the different moves will be accompanied by different formes -- a swift arena-wide approach, for example, would be accompanied by Speed Forme, and a powerful sweeping strike is in Attack Forme. This makes it somewhat easier to read. Wobbuffet is the Dan of the game, and when you lose to a great player using him, you know you fucked up. Especially since most damage is reflects/counters.

Golem has moves, like its signature rolling strike, that must be dodged and not blocked.
>>
>>26339143
Two water types. Gyarados uses blasts and charges exclusively, but has total control of its movement in three dimensions. If it doesn't feel like it, it doesn't have to come down from air space. It has to angle down to attack, opening it to strikes, but the fast and fluid motion can be intimidating to fight against. Greninja is a very even fighter, with no real drawbacks, but not the best at anything either. It has horizontal and vertical projectiles, a good ability in both air and ground space, a few grabs, strikes, and throws, and can use its tongue for solid horizontal sweeps or a long-distance grab with a very clear wind-up. It's a great fighter for moderately-skilled players.

Two normal types. Bouffalant also has a great deal of charges, vertical strikes, and headbutt grabs+tosses, and its weakness is the lack of projectiles and the few horizontal opportunities. It has a great ground recovery move, though, with a strike zone larger than its own hitbox and generous damage when doing so. Snorlax moves and attacks very slowly, except for a few moves, which are lightning-fast. It has a signature that allows it to go into a rage where the damage of moves increase and it takes no damage until after it's over -- in which case it takes all the damage at once and then some more on top of that.

The fairies are so weird that I don't know what could be done with them, honestly. But they bring visual distinction to the roster and I know that there's niches there I just can't tease out. Gardevoir is also so popular on her own that the presence alone could draw in players, and that's not a bad quality, all things considered.
>>
>>26339143
>>26339248
>no bugs
Replace Hariyama with Heracross imo. Heracross basically fights sumo-style too.
>>
>>26338943
>combusken and blaziken

For what reason?
>>
>>26339313
I'd rather replace Blaziken, honestly.
>>
>>26339342
Blaziken > Infernape
>>
>>26339369
Nah
Just nah
>>
>>26339143
>one pure puncher, one agile air-based mainly-puncher, one quick projectile-based mainly-kicker, and one pure kicker
I can't tell which catagory Infernape would fall under. Agile-air based?
>>
>>26339384
I'll fight you, golden bra
>>
>>26339420
That's the one. Lots of short strikes from weird angles.
>>
File: done in 10 mins.png (986KB, 778x1061px) Image search: [Google]
done in 10 mins.png
986KB, 778x1061px
Didn't put much thought into this one, only made sure that 2 fighting types from each gen got in, and every types are represented at least once or twice. Mewtwo and Genesect are supposed to be major bosses, for that matter.

And yes, Bisharp and Gallade probably would fight pretty similarly, but I personally like Bisharp and Gallade a lot, so yeah.
>>
>>26339326
Torchic line has always been the most popular of the gen 3 starters in Japan, besides they have different play styles.
>>
I honestly don't know enough about fighting games to even get started. The kind of pokes aren't that important, what is is that they have different fighting styles, or at least different move sets. I also don't know how many the average fighting game has, just that it's a pretty large amount. I would also try to make as much sense as possible. It always bothered me that special moves sound like some kind of cheat code and it often has nothing to do with the motion being made. I feel like a lot could be done to make such moves more intuitive, but it would require a lot of thinking, and there may be a point where it becomes too difficult to do. I've have a sorta better time trying to think of an action game with one button for jump, one for a melee attack, and one for a special attack.
>>
>>26339478
There's a fighting game like that. It's about robots.
>>
>>26339478
>>26339531
It doesn't exist anymore though, the company got a deal with Riot games so they probably gonna redo the game with LoL characters instead
>>
File: Pokken.jpg (548KB, 767x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Pokken.jpg
548KB, 767x1059px
Tried to balance between popularity, uniqueness, and "style", as in, as mix of cute/cool/tough/goofy/etc mons that appeal to different kinds of people. Also went for one Pokemon of each type, plus starters and Pikachu and Mewtwo for obvious reasons.
>>
>>26338644
>no pokemon are peacefull creatures,
I agree, there are no peaceful Pokemon, just as there are no truly peaceful animals
>>
>>26340055
Oh, good thinking on Smeargle, you can make a really interesting and unic moveset with that guy
>>
>>26340221
I was thinking that, in addition to a regular moveset, he'd have the ability to copy one of the enemy's moves, similar to Kirby in Smash, for example.
>>
File: pkkn.jpg (600KB, 778x1061px) Image search: [Google]
pkkn.jpg
600KB, 778x1061px
>>
>>26338618
bad, would not buy
>>26339143
10/10, although wish Pika and Mewtwo weren't there
7/10 some of the lower spots could be better
>>26340055
8/10, good variety, but I'm not sure about Nidoking, Typhlosion and the crab.
>>
>>26340336
i wanted to do this without lookingat anyone else's first to see how things lined up, and it's funny how many seem to havee been popular or natural choices
>>
>>26340250
Yeah, also he would perform his special moves by drawing them on screen, like drawing a fireball and bringing it to live or drawing walls and traps on stage
>>
>>26340383
yeah, mine is the first one and I'm surprised how many other anons got the same general ideas

Once we got a couple more of this we could make one where we include the most popular choices and see what we got in the end.
>>
>>26337944
Gengar
Gengar in a hakama
Moustached Gengar in a sombrero
Gengar in a pimp costume
Gengar in a labcoat
Gengar in a tutu
Gengar in a top hat
Business Casual Gengar with a Top Gun hat
Gengar cosplaying Morty
Gengar cosplaying Fantina
Gengar cosplaying Shauntal
Blue Gengar
Gengar wearing a Lucario mask
Gengar wearing a Pikachu Mask
Gengar in a Charizard suit
Gengar with a sabre riding a Girafirig
Doofus Gengar who eats Pokemon Mulch
Accelgor Rider Gengar
Gengar with Haunter as a Stand
Gold Gengar
Gengar with a King's Crown and Robe
Gengar in a Clefairy suit
Physical Build Gengar
Cel-shaded Gengar
Wind-up Toy Gengar
Hawlucha
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.