[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Probably one of the best rivals we got. >He only has 4 Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 229px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png (92KB, 229x600px) Image search: [Google]
229px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png
92KB, 229x600px
Probably one of the best rivals we got.

>He only has 4 Pokemon in his Storyline team
and yet he still managed to be fairly challenging.

>muh purrloin

At least it was something different from

>I's Gonna be da Strongest
and
>Oh anon, you so amazing let me give you a handjob
>>
>>26336017
Could have been better. Feels like wasted potential really.
>>
UNLEASH MAH RAGE!!!!

He amused me and his megaman styled theme is catchy as fuck....God I hope Sun and moon has music even half as great as BW/2
>>
I like him a lot actually. The main issue wasn't him it was his sister she didn't even had a name or a different sprite which made her feel unimportant. He's really cool best rival we've gotten since Silver.
>>
>>26336017
He was both
>I's Gonna be da Strongest
and
>Oh anon, you so amazing let me give you a handjob
at the same time
>>
File: dec_007.png (43KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
dec_007.png
43KB, 512x256px
>>26336017
I wouldn't go that far. He gets an unnecessary amount of shit, but he's not great.

N and pic related for best rivals.
>>
I don't get why people complained about him wanting to save his sister's Purrloin. He had a set goal, something with a good purpose, made him pretty likeable as a character, and made me want to help him.
He also had a fucking great battle theme.
>>
He had a pretty cool theme desu
>>
Why the fuck didnt they make it HIS Purrloin instead of his sister's? it fucking ruined it
>>
>>26336055
Lets be fair no one expected ORAS wally to suddenly become epic and have heroric anime music and a crazy battle background.

....but yes wally is inifinitely better than all those crap "rivals" in xy and was a good challenge too.

Best egg hatching theme.
>>
>>26336017
I also like him a lot.

- Great design
- Dat battle theme
- Competitive

As many anons have remarked i also didn't liked that he was too obsessed with his sister's Purrloin.
>>
>>26336064
This.

It made it feel like being a pokemon trainer wasn't his main goal, which makes him more interesting than most rivals.
>>
>>26336077
>older bro trying to be a hero for his litter sister.

C'mon anon it's sweet
>>
>>26336055
Tbf Wally is only there because of ORAS. HGSS couldn't save Silver from being a shithead. If they do something with Diamond and Pearl hopefully they can build upon Barry as he's got a lot of Wally-like potential.

N is part of the reason why Hugh is so forgettable.
>>
to be honest the only cringy thing about him was his whole "I'm gonna release my rage reee"

everything else checked out nicely, pretty good rival. Could really do with more backstory with the whole purrloin deal, but at least that was an interesting goal to follow. Terrible rival theme tbqh but I don't really judge rivals by that anyways.
>>
>>26336112
>HGSS couldn't save Silver from being a shithead
"I didn't play the Serebii event" detected
>>
File: 1456025458165.gif (1MB, 864x368px) Image search: [Google]
1456025458165.gif
1MB, 864x368px
>>26336112
Let's be honest. N was an anomaly so well executed that will likely never happen again.
>>
>>26336017
Nigga where are his socks
>>
>>26336128
>Tragic backstory stops shithead from being a shithead

No. He's a shithead all the same. He's incompetent at everything he does.
>>
>>26336141
in the literal fanny-pack.
no, seriously, he has one above his ass
>>
>>26336141
They're short, really,really short.
>>
Quillfish head is best rival desu.
>>
>>26336017
IIRC there's a rematch at that beach town after you beat the Elite Four in BW2 where he had a fucking Flygon, which I thought was unexpectedly cool.
>>
>>26336138
He's pretty great. I hope we start getting more rivals like him and Wally. Distinct characters not tied to the general "I use the starter you don't!" pattern. N and Wally's Pokemon tendencies are what really gave them life.
>>
>>26336150
Oh so you don't like him because he bullied you? lmao
>>
>>26336077
Because he's not in it just for the purrloin. He's in it for his sister, who clearly views him as some sort of hero. It's pretty sweet.

The fact that Plasma stole a Pokemon from a literal toddler just goes to show what jerks they were.
>>
>>26336201
Terrible at training. Terrible at battling. Terrible at stopping Team Rocket. Terrible at learning. He can't even get away with theft properly. Like actually, he can't even Get better bait, faggot.
>>
>>26336190
I lost when I went there because I thought he'd be only slightly stronger than before elite 4. I got my ass handed because I was overconfident in my team that lacked grinding
>>
>>26336260
Seriously when I first saw he had 6 Pokémon I thought he might have just added the other 2 Elemental Monkeys to his roster.

Suddenly he's carrying a Flygon and Elektross? Damn son, my Altaria wasn't ready.
>>
>>26336313
His postgame team was ace.

It's a goddamn shame what we got after him.
>>
>>26336017
MFW when I found out it's his dead grandfathers perloin. He actually has meaning to me now. He's a solid rival, I think we need something like Barry in the new game
>>
>>26336240
He's alright, I think you're being hard on him, but seriouly

I HATE BATTLING WEAKLING

every fucking time he loses, I just swept your team how am I the weak one.

I think you forget how he actually starts to become nicer and shit like that
>>
>>26336564
I remember I just don't care. He doesn't get any development as a "nice person". We're just told he is now. He also doesn't get any stronger which is the worst part.
>>
>>26336611
not the anon you're replying to, but what is your favorite rival?
>>
>>26336710
I don't really have a favorite... anything.

My top tier Rivals are Wally and N though.
>>
>>26336017

He's easy to beat and he's two-dimensional as fuck. Are you seriously serious?
>>
>>26336017
hes cute as fuck
>>
>>26336791
Not the same guy but I feel like you may expecting too much in way of developement from a character in Pokemon.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.