[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does/vp/ think of the Orre games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 647037-colosseum020.jpg (140KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
647037-colosseum020.jpg
140KB, 640x480px
What does/vp/ think of the Orre games?
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 204x247px
Love them
>>
Despite their many flaws, my favorite in the whole franchise
>>
Eschewing chibi, 12 years earlier.
>>
Great games. I want a new entry in the shadow Pokemon series.
>>
>>26325195
rui is my wife
>>
>>26325195
The mon selection makes replaying a chore, but they remain my favourite games in the series.

The atmosphere, the characters, the environments, the exploration, the scope - it all felt like the leap forward I'd been craving.

Easily my favourite Pokemon games, but I lean more on Colo than Gale.
>>
Still butthurt that all the people who cry about Pokemon not doing anything different from the 8 gym set up never bought these.
>>
As much as this is everything that you could ask for in a pokemon game, when I looked at it, it just seemed...meh. Nothing interesting was happening at all, other than the absolutely ridiculous villains, but I'm not going to count that. 0/10, go back to your simulators.
>>
>>26325308
>everything that you could ask for in a pokemon game
>ridiculous villains, but I'm not going to count that
>still 0/10 score
>>
>>26325195
Wish there was bigger pokemon selection, but that's my only complaint. By the end of the game, you'll have a similar team to most other people.

The scope and story and double battle focus was all aces though. Wish we got one on 3DS that focused solely on double battles.
>>
Loved them but the problem is since it's all basically battles it can get boring. Also catching shadow Pokemon was excessively difficult, and since at the time it was the only way to get some Johto Pokemon then it's not like you could say "I already have 2 Entei's I don't need this one".

Would love another Colosseum and since 3D battles are no longer "what we want" since we have them on the portables like Gamefreak says just include the other extras of Stadium like Minigames and call it a day.
>>
>>26325195

They were so close to being everything the franchise needed. If they hadn't half assed the hell out of the game(s) with this stupid gimmick of "my edgy shadow 'mons" trying to make them NOT as in depth in as an actual pokemon game would be (full region, gyms, breeding, wild 'mons etc).

I loved the games, and I played the HELL out of the first one (beat all the Orre arena challenges, including that one asshole using a kyogre at the end) But comparing it to the handhelds, it just felt flat and lackluster. There were some certain pokemon that would make your time worth, simply because at the time they couldn't be obtained elsewhere, but I honestly could've done without it.
>>
Pokemon Collesum was garbage due to it's many flaws and inconveniences.

Gale of Darkness was much better. Butthurt that a majority of the game's Pokemon are caught at the last level by jamming multiple and that the legendary birds weren't distributed evenly throughout the game's bosses and instead just dumped on the final boss.
>>
>>26325548
"by jamming multiple Shadow Pokemon onto a single trainer"

is what that mucked up run-on tried to say in the middle there.
>>
>>26325195
I got Colosseum when it came out, and remember not finishing it. I believe that I would like it more today because at the time I didn't really know how stuff works in Pokémon.

Although I have been playing since Red/Blue, by the time Ruby/Sapphire was out most people, including me, still had no idea what it meant to build a good team or what strategies were actually good. Add to that the fact that Colosseum had only double battles, limited Pokémon and no way to just outlevel anything, and I think the game was just beyond my abilities at the time. It did not help that it was not what I expected from a Pokémon game. Today I am sure I would appreciate an actually hard Pokémon game a lot more.
>>
Never understood the love. They're pretty insufferable to play. Had good music tho.
>>
One of my favorites in the series. The difficulty was ridiculous. The boss battles especially were a lot more than me at 10 could handle, so I didn't end up beating it for a few years. The environments were great, the story was decent, and overall they were a prime example of how the pokemon games can work outside of the 8 gym formula. I'd love a 3ds port.
>>
Okay, who was enough of a tryhard to catch all of Greevil's 6 shadow pokemon in one run?

Who did it?
>>
>>26325195
Love Gale of Darkness.
Colosseum has its flaws but is still good too.
>>
>>26325642
>The difficulty was ridiculous.
I was about your age and didn't have an issue with them.

I mean, they were tougher, but I enjoyed that, and the doubles format allows you to overcome a lot of threats by targeting them with both mons.
>>
>>26325726
I think I did once, a lot of sleep and shadow half spamming though, iirc.
>>
>>26325752
No kidding, everytime that goddamn Tauros did Shadow End I wanted to kill myself
>>
why hasnt this been posted yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZsOwo9rhsQ
>>
>>26325195
>We'll never get to ride something like this in a Pokemon game
>>
Colosseum is the Pokemon game I replay if I want to actually enjoy the series as an RPG. It isn't necessarily the best "Pokemon" game, but thanks to its limited Pokemon count and semi-limited amount of trainer battles the devs were really able to focus the gameplay around the more complex battle mechanics. Having entirely double battles was nice too.

I didn't like Gale of Darkness as much, but that's mostly because I thought that it kinds missed the more "edgy" and different feel that Orre had in Colosseum. I also didn't think it was as hard as Colosseum and wasn't really necessary. Still liked it though.
>>
>>26325195
the artstyle is too ugly for me to play it
>>
GOAT
>>
>>26326060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsklZgTpXr0
>>
ORRE NO TURN DRAW
Remake for handhelds when?
>>
Near perfect
>>
You people shit on XY, but love this garbage.

Never change
>>
>>26325195
I rented Colosseum all the time but never got far because during that time my parents suddenly decided they hate video games and would go out of their way to stop me from playing.

I love Gale of Darkness but that's only because I was able to complete it. They forced me to use mons that I normally wouldn't use. And I like not being bound to a fire/water/grass starter.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.