[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 72

/vpwt/: 'Where did everybody go?' Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>26208767

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: Seems like a lot of generals got steamrolled by Gen VII news, this one included. How do you think the new generation will affect current fics or fics set up before its time?
>>
>>26324856
Everyone was busy aboard the hype train. Everyone.
They're probably waiting for vp to slow down a bit before going back to writing
>>
>>26324856
>TOTT
Aside from the poof into existence of another region, and the inevitable slow diffusion of new pokemon into fics, I haven't heard or seen anything that affects anything. Adding Fairy and shifting the effectiveness chart required some retroactive continuity for those who cared.
>>
Obligatory request for story about shenanigans starring the new starters.
>>
>>26325606
The two ganging up on Popplio's design or them screwing around with each other like in a sitcom?
>>
>>26324989
>everyone
>spent my last three days pining for the write thread and obsessively combing the catalog

I did write a little bit at least.
>>
>>26326799
You should try hanging around the irc if you're worried about missing threads.
>>
File: 1447813362218-vp.png (927KB, 650x850px) Image search: [Google]
1447813362218-vp.png
927KB, 650x850px
Updated a new chapter to the protector series: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/8/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart

More is on the way, took me a while to break up the elephant of a chapter I had originally drafted into three manageable sections.
>>
>>26327394
I have no idea what an irc is other than the fact that that's what my high school's libraries were called. I'm assuming it's some group chat. I'm wary of those now since I was a part of a lovely /v/ group chat a few years ago which utterly crashed and burned. I'd rather limit my involvement.
>>
>>26324856
Oh yay, the thread is back. I was hoping /vp/ would slow down enough for it to stabilize again.

ToTT: Unless the games introduce something groundbreaking that makes sweeping changes to the world and the general understanding people have of it, I just think it'll create a new place to write about and probably some loose ends to play around with.
>>
>>26328583
>comparing /v/ to /vp/
Oh well you miss on it. But don't worry.

Also, good to see thread is back! inb4 page 10

>ToTT
Suddenly many fics will add silly owlballs, since it's obviously, objectively and ominously the best new starter.

As for mechanics and stuff, unless a fundamental changes like something in the type chart or the relative importance of certain Legendaries compared to the new ones, or suddenly lol5moves (for the people who stick to the 4 moves mechanics), it only mostly depends on how people set up their worlds.

I mean, it's kind of "set yourself up to fail" kind of thing. If you don't commit to specifically a G6 world, for example, there's little you need to retcon. Heck, unless you made a tight thing around the type chart and some ancient history, there was little if anything to retcon from G5 to G6 except adding Fairy type and maybe rewriting some fights.

I myself am likely not affected until something changes in the few bits of established lore. Have already ragnarok-proofed my worldbuilding against new types, locations of regions, inevitable new Legendary stronger than mega rayyyy lmao and stuff like that.
>>
>>26324856
owl looks a bit on the eerie side...
>>
>>26330007
BOW DOWN TO THE MURDER BORB (bird orb)
In other news, I continue to be a massive faggot who doesn't actually write anything.
>>
so as an outsider, anything good happen on the irc while the main thread slumbered?
>>
>>26330499
not much. Just lolligagging and hyping...and possibly plans to start writing more fics probably.
>>
File: 1433827831723.jpg (194KB, 600x498px) Image search: [Google]
1433827831723.jpg
194KB, 600x498px
>>26324856
>Where did everybody go?
Trying to catch up on your backlog of anime and write at the same time is hard.
>>
>>26330630
What's at the top of both your lists?
>>
File: 1446866903886.png (207KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446866903886.png
207KB, 640x720px
>>26330727
I'm trying to keep up with 18 of the currently airing shows as well as catch up with Saki and Tokyo Ravens.
>>
>>26331070
>18
Holy shit nigger, I've only got 4 dramas and 3 cartoons currently. I would have a hard time staying invested in so many more at once. Hell I even forgot about two of them for months.
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 1200x900px
>>26327971
>lipstick
>>
>>26324856
Do you guys have a story about a gardevoir or any other poke taking care of its sick trainer?
>>
File: 1443297084931.png (171KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443297084931.png
171KB, 800x600px
>>26331334
It's not that bad on paper, only a few 30 minute episodes a day. But then you start missing days and suddenly shit gets out of hand.
>>
>>26331380
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>26331380
That's not even necessarily lipstick. People do have pink lips, you know.
>>
This thread, it smells like writefaggotry.
>>
>>26332395
you sure it doesn't smell minty?
>>
File: 1436378838884.jpg (339KB, 800x893px) Image search: [Google]
1436378838884.jpg
339KB, 800x893px
Here's a topic for discussion:
What stories/ideas have you, for whatever reason, abandoned partway into development?

I find that I often give up on an idea it feels too generic. A while back I was writing a story about a dude that had to go find a bunch of items to help his sick pokemon, but it ended up feeling more like a WoW fetch quest.
>>
>>26332491
Which reminds me, I have to rewrite parts 1 & 2 because.

A) I feel my writing has improved and want it to be reflected in the first part of this story. (Fake reason)
And B) (Real reason) I lost the originals because I didn't expect it to take off like it did.

Off to goggledocs!
>>
>>26332751
Way...way too many.
>>
>>26332751
The shit I wrote between ages 10 and 16 doesn't count right?

I have a few stories that I, after realizing that they had no engaging conflict that wasn't usually OC bullshit, have demoted to art/concept notes exclusive. I won't actually write out the stories because I know they'll be dumb, but I'll keep the plots in my mind for my own satisfaction.
>>
>>26332822
>The shit I wrote between ages 10 and 16 doesn't count right?
I don't think any of us want to go there.
>>
>>26332751
I wrote something to completion and never posted it. I named it, "Smoke and Victory - Complete Shit, Rewrite This"

Guess what I haven't done?
>>
>>26333173
Read up to part 8 of Jojo's Bizarre adventure?
>>
So how do you guys address the weird "Pokemon understand humans but usually not vice versa" thing? I'm currently writing about a trainer who travels from Sinnoh to Unova and has to learn English beforehand. She catches some native mons, but 90% of the time talks to them in her own language. What happens when natives talk to them? Do they magically understand every language? And what about the Japanese Pokemon names? Basically how the fuck do you guys navigate this?
>>
>>26333809
I just don't have Pokemon magically understand humans. It takes training to get a Pokemon to respond to certain commands. They're just very intelligent, and can understand "That guy's screaming and pointing at that thing I did, I guess he doesn't like it. Oh well."

Also, I'm back! Finally done with my first semester of college, so I'll have a bit more free time. Now that I'm easing back into writing, I have a question: I'm trying to write a scene where one character curses out another for the heinous crime of gross public stupidity. What kind of invective would one Pokemon use to another? Currently, all I have is "Shells!" as a generalized curse, kind of like "shit" is for us; it's really just a very, very shortened version of an insult involving the victim's eggshell (given how Pokemon are born and all). Anything else?
>>
>>26333364
N- Yes, actually, yes that is completely correct. I stopped 2/3 of the way into Part 4, I should start up again.

Get out of my head Charles!

>>26333809
Commands are understood by all types; that comes down to an understanding of body language, emotion, the inflection of the Trainer's voice, and understanding a small range of words that grows over time through experience. Regular learning, in other words.

Typing affects the extent to which language is relayed back to Trainers. Psychic-types like Viola are capable of telepathy, or have prodigious intellects, so they can understand language quickly and competently and "regurgitate" them back to trainers to hold conversations of increasing complexity and depth - even if many of the subtleties may take some time to learn. Ghost-types may understand language as well, along with any particularly intelligent Pokemon species.

Humans may not come to understand their Pokemon in the way that the Pokemon might, but they can still learn what various vocalizations mean by applying their understanding of body language and context. Given enough time, they can form an accurate enough picture of what is being told to them by Pokemon vocalizations that don't fall into intelligible language that it appears they're carrying a conversation on with them, but if you dig a bit it becomes clear the conversation is basically just very educated guesses.

I feel like this isn't a good explanation...
>>
>>26334404
cooperation through interaction
>>
>>26334404
No your explanation is very helpful. Thank you. I'll have to sleep on it and decide what changes I want to make.
>>
>>26335162
Yeah, that's a way to put it.

>>26335331
Hey, glad you thought so anon!
>>
>>26333809
Pokémon just understanding humans immediately is aniem/game convenience. If you want to be more realistic without having training become too hard for the average Joe, go with Pokémon being hyperadaptive and just learning really fast.
>>
>>26338160
I could see having to actually work at deciphering each other being a good explanation for some of the weirdness of trainers, skill in training, and general Pokemon aptitude that leads to trainers of all ages having varying skill. Some people/pokemon are simply more talented at communicating across the divide (without going full Meowth or N), or have developed their skills in it much better, so they can battle/perform/work/etc. much more easily.
>>
>>26332765
>a program that helps with the saving
smart move
>>
>>26333809
I make it gradual, context-dependent and heavily reliant on familiarity. Sure, once you are an experienced trainer you are going to understand what your Pokémon is relaying pretty well -almost as if it was humanlike speech- but not so much other people's Pokémon, let alone wild ones. And this goes in both directions, with the caveat that thanks to battle commands being very simple phrasing ("Cut!" "Bounce!" "Vine Whip!"), trained Pokémon *appear* to have an easier grasping on communication than humans do, when it is all actually the effect of a notational shortcut.

A key scene I am writing focuses on the context-dependent aspect of cross-species communication: a trainer is looking for the way into a specially protected room, and is eager to go and check when his Pokémon communicates to him she's found an "open door", because that's exactly what solves the problem. It turns out what the Pokémon found was an "open-door", that is, a keycard for opening doors, but they still can't find the actual door. The Pokémon in question is confused for a moment since, from what she understand, she used exactly the words her trainer expected.

As for Japanese or whatever languages, that's an aspect that I prefer to abstract away. In as much as matters everyone (human, at least) is speaking a variant of one of those awesome regular languages like Esperanto or Ido.

>>26333930
>Also, I'm back! Finally done with my first semester of college, so I'll have a bit more free time.
Congratulations! Now waste that hard earned spare time with us~

>What kind of invective would one Pokemon use?
That's tremendously culture-dependent. We use "shit", "bull", "dicks" and that kind of things because they are things we consider gross. Ask yourself, what does your character's culture consider crass / gross / demeaning? Given your use of "shell" I'm tempted to suggest something that hints at one breaking out of their own shell "butt-first".

And... charlimit.
>>
>>26339506
All things considered, I think I'm going to keep the language separation thing because it serves my weeaboo/sinaboo wish fulfillment . I think I'm prepared to write whatever confusion ensues from raising an "American" Pokemon in Japanese in America. That could make for some interesting battles, though. The trainers yell attacks in different languages, so it would really test their skills to be able to recognize and react to something based entirely what the opponent's Pokemon does, instead of what the trainer says.
>>
>>26339506
"Shells" was originally derived from something along the lines of "Curse you, and curse the shell that bore you." Over time, it gradually just shortened to "shells." The plural came in somewhere along the line, possibly involving a captured criminal being cut off at that part of the curse by the executioner (not that any character actually knows this, but ~WORLDBUILDING~). So it's hardly a vulgarity, but still. Swearing on your egg or shell is rather important, especially among Pokémon that aren't raised by their parents, such as most Bug- and Grass-types.
>>
>>26339999
The Taxmaster has been destroyed by this epic lore.

Do they fetishize their eggshells, saving fragments for example as personal tokens for exchange with BFF's?
>>
>>26339999
>, but ~WORLDBUILDING~

You and me, we should get along.

And yeah, under that premise I can see "shells" being a thing. If hardy a vulgarity, I could see it semantically working as a milder version of nowaday's use of "motherfucker" or, if in a more internally comedic context, "your mom".

And it is interesting to see that different species value the circumstances of birth differently. TELL ME MORE. How is swearing on your egg value by species that bear the egg, or other reminders of their circumstances of birth and raising, for a long period if not the majority of their lives? I'm thinking Exeggcute / Togepi lines (literal eggs!), Cubone or Clamperl, or weirder cases like Bulbasaur line and Shelgon.
>>
>>26332751
Frillish story...isn't looking so hot. After X months, I finally got to the point of encountering frillish and just, crashed.
I should try again.
>>
>>26341268
Upon reaching the whole point of the story, you stepped on the point and it hurt your foot.

Keep writing following what you've already written; clearly this story wants to go in another direction.
>>
>>26324856

since the rival picks a pokemon you're strong against at the start, I guess that the second/third evos could have typings to turn things around

Litten ending up as generic Fire/Fighting, allowing Rowlet to put up a fight later.

Popplio being a generic water/ice sealmom.

and Rowlwet having a x4 weakness to Ice, making it the weakest starter against your rival's by the end of the game.
>>
File: 1463264735125.png (89KB, 616x537px) Image search: [Google]
1463264735125.png
89KB, 616x537px
Someone made a hate fiction on poor ol' popplio!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11944253/1/UGLY
>>
>>26340296
The eggshells are usually disposed of, though the exact method varies between cultures. In one if the strangest ones, the shells are ground up and cooked into a meal for the new parents to eat, so that they may regain the essence they put into the egg.

>>26340342
Hey, I had to do something to prevent myself from completely forgetting about the story, so I did worldbuilding and thought about the characters. For example, remember Xatu? He's now 75% feral - sane enough to stop himself killing everyone, crazy enough that he moves like a wild animal, will react violently if threatened, and talking to him is like having a severe schizophrenic's thoughts beamed into your brain with a side of knives. Poor guy.

Anyway, swearing on the egg is fairly universal. Exeggute is just 5 or 6 different Pokémon in a hive mind, but each of them hatched from eggs; Cubone's "skull" is just a bony head covering and the Pokedex is bullshit. It's basically the equivalent of "Swear on me mum" with less overt British-ness and more importance.
>>
>>26342415
Also, I realized I could have phrased the question better. I'm looking for analogues to our "Holy shit," the nigh-infinite variants thereof, and the more terse and stressed "SHIT!"
>>
>>26342404
Wow...just wow
>>
>>26342404
Welp. It begins I guess.
someone counter this story with a nice one
>>
A few threads ago, there was discussion about acceptable reasons for Pokemon to agree to be caught and follow trainers. Two reasons given were cultural curiosity and sexual curiosity (pretty sure traipsingexodus said that, you perverted fuck). I'm really gonna try channelling those two things to make my story have an actual point . I can't shake the feeling that it'll be seen as weird for a human and a Poke to maybe fuck if the latter doesn't have the ability to cheat the language barrier with telepathy bullshit. But instead of worrying that other people will think it's weird, I should focus on how to make it less weird so that I myself can enjoy it.
>>
How do you guys feel about writing sequentially?

I have a habit of coming up with most of the plot, or at least various parts of it, in advance, so I sometimes find myself inspired to write things out of order. I still write chapter-by-chapter so that it can all be pieced together easily, but sometimes transitioning becomes a bit more difficult.
>>
>>26343083
this is usually done by some people.
How much detail they go into differs, but some people do loose connections so that they have more to explore on how A reaches B
>>
What happened to the recap?
>>
>>26343009
On the on hand, I don't think I said that. I think. Don't quote me on it. On the other, there is nothing wrong with being a perverted fuck. Mostly.

More to the point, it is indeed pretty weird, but the language barrier can preclude you from human sexual partners too, which is where emotion and body language and context and all of their little details come into play, as they create a substitute language you and the other can both use. So I'd say a focus on something like that is probably what your prose would focus on, because language is only a barrier until you make it a bridge.
>>
>>26343009
>I can't shake the feeling that it'll be seen as weird…
Of course it will be. It's xenophilia, it's weird. But that's also its appeal; in a world where people of the same creed often can't get a relationship to work, it's inspiring to see two creatures different in form, mentality, communication methods, sleep requirements, and dietary habits to forge a relationship strong enough to withstand the derision cast upon them by both their species.

Cheating the language barrier isn't a means to make a human/pokemon relationship less weird; if the relationship is believable, then it will have found a means to not be obstructed by such concerns, and then it's just abnormal-weird rather than author-making-shit-up-weird.

>>26343083
On the story level, sequential always.
However, my stories are not written or released in timeline order.
>>
>>26343293
oh shit you're right.

Here's a recap:

cge's story: Eternal Vernally, chapter 7
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/15534424
>>
>>26343334
Oh, well I am pretty sure that it was one of the prominent namefags here who said it, even if not you. Regardless, I knew that you shared the sentiment anyway. I'm onto you, nerd.
>>
>>26343424
That's it?

I'm not supposed to be carrying the torch for productivity.
>>
>>26343083
Honestly, if you're writing system works for you, use it. No one's system if perfect, but a lot of people have trouble building a system at all.
>>
>>26343886
previous thread died early because of hype train, remember?
>>
File: 1308730277172.jpg (113KB, 400x525px) Image search: [Google]
1308730277172.jpg
113KB, 400x525px
>>26343886
Fear not, my friend. For soon (hopefully)I, the great anonymous writer, will gift you all with content you can't even dream!
>>
>>26345015
I just wanna read some bully/bullied stories ;_;
>>
>>26343886
Don't fret. You're not alone in churning out content.

Should be done with my next chapter before this thread is dead. Won't be as lengthy as originally planned on account of a recommendation to divide it into several 6-8k word sections. Got to love it when readers give you feedback on things like that. Sometimes being in the author's seat clouds the sense of effective chapter pacing.
>>
>>26345985
What about pokemon bullying trainers?
>>
>>26346051
anything goes. They're just fun to read in my eyes
>>
So how hard is it to find good stories for your...specific tastes?
>>
>>26347420
Tough enough where I must write them myself.
>>
>>26347557
I know that feeling.
>>
>>26347420
Other than like one that I can think of off the top of my head, they really just don't exist. I have to write them myself. Hence why my pastebin is half fetish half melodrama. My next three Pokemon works are all fetishized melodrama. I'm pretty sure my interests were a lot more common before the turn of the century.
>>
>>26347727
What fetishes?
>>
>>26347420
I'm pretty sure I've already read bits and pieces of a few of them (the Gift of the Protector series is immense but what I've read of it was enjoyable) but the ones worth reading are always so long I'd rather be writing with that time.

Unrelated to Pokemon, its been a while since I've sat down to read a good fantasy novel, or a good postmodern novel. I blame the ungodly amounts of reading I had to do in college. Even now, three years later, I'm still burnt out.
>>
>>26347787
The most obvious one is rape. I'm not sure what the other fic can be considered in terms of fetishes. There's also a running theme of "weak, vulnerable girl being subordinate to strong, forceful, possessive guy", which I'm sure is a much more common interest than many want to admit. The three upcoming stories involve beast-human marriage (not so much a sexual fetish as a creative interest), period costumes, and extreme fluff.
>>
File: 44f.gif (582KB, 418x426px) Image search: [Google]
44f.gif
582KB, 418x426px
>>26348248
anon, you have all levels of based tastes. I give you my full support
>>
>>26348282
Glad to see a fellow with similar superior taste. I am steadily chipping away at these stories, rest assured.
>>
Don't know were you guys post your suggestion's but in a late thread some guys discus a interesting concept about a young child being raised by ghost pokemons in a haunted house. Sounds cute.
>>
>>26347420
Pretty much this >>26347557

I'd convinced myself that eventually someone would come around (or come back) and start writing stuff that was up to my expectation, but it never happened. And now here I am again.
>>
>>26349208
actually that does sound pretty cute, though I wonder how that child will turn out to be, raised by ghosts and whatnot.
>>
>>26350656
Well, Pokemon appear to be, to varying degrees, more sapient that real animals, so they probably wouldn't end up functionally retarded like real feral children. Might have some bizarre communication problems, but considering Pokemon can learn to understand communicate anyway, it might not be a problem.

Or you could just go full Tarzan and make them perfectly capable of communicating with humans, just with some odd behavior quirks.
>>
>>26350656
Depends on the ghosts really. Are they just silly pokemon that like to play pranks, or are they the type of ghosts that will address the kid's need to eat by supplying them with a nutritious diet of raw rattata for every meal.
>>
>>26324856
You know a while back I did start writing a fanfic that was a japanese/spaghetti western ass anime with Pokémon. Think Trigun with Pokémon. It was of course very edgey and weeby because I was a teenager, but I did get positive feedback from people for my writing style and concept of the story. I always think if I should of reworked it with less edge and angst and continued it
>>
File: 1461387757667.gif (806KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1461387757667.gif
806KB, 320x180px
I finally finished the FE fluff fic I did for /vg/. Didn't really get any reception at all and probably won't while still in their catalog, I don't know what I expected from a smut-dominated market. Didn't want to make a thread of these myself because I would have nothing to show. I'll probably start on the lewdo Suicune tomorrow, and I won't accidentally make it into a multi-parter like I did with the fic above. The narration should be a little different, maybe kind of pretentious or stupid, that's part of the plan.

>TOTT
I don't think it will affect much of anything, there's hardly anything adding a new gen does affect lest one of the mechanics was predicted by someone's earlier fic. Really, the only thing that I could imagine would be the introduction of new megas that would be relevant in older pieces. I've written a Serp under the average effects of an Awakening emera, but if an Serp mega were introduced then that would technically date the fic as well as destroy some of the immersion.
>>
File: ShittyOC.jpg (708KB, 700x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ShittyOC.jpg
708KB, 700x1500px
Creator of pic related here. I'm back from last thread.

I've managed to finish the second chapter of my fic, both it and the first chapter are currently sitting on my computer unedited.

Should I post the finished chapters to pastebin and provide links or something so people can see and comment on them in their current form?
>>
>>26353692
feel free to share a link over here, whether by pastebin or goodgedocs or whatever thing you use to share text.
>>
>>26350656
They'd just end up like the creepy ghost children in Fatal Frame. That shouldn't be hard to write since we have so much reference.
>>
>>26350656
Mismagius is a very loving mon so if its raise by that its going to be fine. Besides aren't ghost pokemon the closes to humans?
>>
>>26351648
I've done that with most of my stories. I generally grow too attached to my characters to let them go.
>>
File: tOkqjLs.jpg (133KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
tOkqjLs.jpg
133KB, 800x520px
http://pastebin.com/zmHFXZcC

Here's the Prologue. Your houghts fellow writefags?

had to edit it multiple times before posting this current version so please notify me if there are mistakes, especially of the grammar kind.
>>
>>26352294
>FE fluff fic
two things
1. which game
2. what characters
>>
>>26356049
Grammar-wise, keep an eye on your comma usage. There are some places where a period should be instead of a comma.
Some of your sentences are runons and can be made into their own.

Plotwise, everything seems to make sense. Might need to do a little more to capture the feeling of 'not in the same world I once was' though. Felt like he rolled with it way too easily, especially if he has seen such a thing before.
>>
>>26356049
I'm not sure if its just me, but it seems like every sentence is its own paragraph
>>
>>26355755
Some are, if you like the idea of some ghost types being human at one point.
>>
File: tumblr_o5pbyiyNAR1rpn9eno1_540.gif (1000KB, 540x485px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5pbyiyNAR1rpn9eno1_540.gif
1000KB, 540x485px
>>26343424
Mondate Upday.
Eternal Vernally, Chapter 8.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/15685258
>>
File: 1407356707308.png (93KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
1407356707308.png
93KB, 550x600px
>>26348248
>rape
muh
>>
>>26356308
Lilith Mamui, Fate(d to be shit)

Nobody was making anything Lilith, everything was smut for as far as the eye could see, I had suddenly had a duty once more.
>>
>>26356049
It could use some more descriptive writing to capture being lost in an unfamiliar place
>>
>>26360345
I'm surprised it's not more common, especially in a series about superpowered superintelligent elemental beasts.
>>
>>26345985
i pray he's still working hard
>>
>>26348248
>which I'm sure is a much more common interest than many want to admit
That's the base line of not only pretty much all western romantic fiction, but all those shoujo romances too. And those are big industries for a reason.
>>
>>26360688
but Lilith is a shitty annoying fish, why would anyone write anything about it?
>>
File: gen7.png (178KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
gen7.png
178KB, 500x400px
>>26363164
Special doggos come in all shapes and sizes, but sometimes they come as shitty and annoying fish. To take a poorly written game and flesh out the characters further (typically enough to skew them slightly from their original cardboard state) is the a prevalent concept in most vidya communities, no?
>>
>>26325877
"It's gold, Popplio! Gold!"
>>
File: 1355816131925.jpg (110KB, 843x843px) Image search: [Google]
1355816131925.jpg
110KB, 843x843px
>>26363241
What is a special doggo? I do not understand this meme at all. Please, could someone explain it?
>>
>>26331070
>only 18 shows
>>
>>26342404
IT BEGINS
T
B
E
G
I
N
S
>>
>>26350656
Neil Gaiman wrote a book like that called Graveyard Boy (or something)
>>
File: 1447879090570.jpg (70KB, 552x832px) Image search: [Google]
1447879090570.jpg
70KB, 552x832px
>>26364105
PMD4 happened
And so did Fennekin
>>
File: 1418027287391.gif (238KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418027287391.gif
238KB, 500x500px
>>
>>26364105
something about Fennekin being an adorable partner in a PMD game
>>
>>26356049
Nurse Joy's reaction to a skull-fractured Rattata seems disproportionate compared to her reaction when dealing with Leaf's hurt Bulbasaur
>>
File: Poppliacci.png (687KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Poppliacci.png
687KB, 1280x768px
>>26324856
I kind of want to read a Pagliacci story about Popplio
>>
>>26364217
Those are some...creative names
>>
File: 1455636455105.png (528KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1455636455105.png
528KB, 950x534px
>>26368448
>dnkweed

That's some dedicated tripfag hunting, nevertheless
>>
>>26363164
If nothing is made someone has to fill the void
>>
>>26342404
That's just cruel, not even any buildup
>>
>>26341938
what are the chances that this water type cannot use ice beam?
>>
>>26371376
-5%.
It will be in the learn list.
>>
Where do you guys usually post your fics?
>>
Since FFN won't let me post my story for another 12 hours I went ahead and made a tumblr for 'em. http://pokepornwriter.tumblr.com/post/144509841995/gotta-fuck-em-all-chapter-one
(NSFW pictures and text)
Let me know what you guys think. It's lewd, Ash x Delia, pretty straightforward smut. Also I'm looking for ideas so if you guys have any requests feel free to ask and I'll take on whatever sounds interesting. I'm open to anything, smut or non-.
>>
>>26371939
Pastebin and FFN are the most common things to be used for fic posting. Ao3 is also there
>>
>>26371939
FFN, Pastebin and AO3. Each has a set of advantages and disadvantages so I use all three to varying extents. Mostly use FFN because I'm already established there.
>>
>>26371975
ah, it's been a while since I just read plain smut. A nice change of pace.
If you're taking requests, I have an idea for some medicham smut. It's lewd, so the idea is linked here http://pastebin.com/y36jLCSr
>>
>>26372137
Sounds good anon. I'll start work on it soon and reply to your post with it. Or put it in the next thread if it's not done during this thread's lifespan, though it should be.
>>
>>26372223
cool, looking forward to it!
>>
>>26371975
fuck, this is really hot. like really. have a follow.
>>
>>26356049
The idea of a happy-go-lucky trainer girl traveling alongside a grizzled /k/ommando is amazing. Maybe once he gets more attuned to this new world he can construct battle plans for Leaf for use in her gym battles while she was just planning on winging it.
>>
File: 1424718606_mischka_misdreavus.png (254KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424718606_mischka_misdreavus.png
254KB, 576x720px
Anyone knows any mismagius/misdreavus stories? I've been craving cute ghost poke for some time now.
>>
>>26373488
Lewd or?
>>
>>26373530
I would prefer cute but lewd is ok if its good.
>>
>>26373488
>>26373554
a long time ago someone made a short story about a girl being spooked by ghost types. You might like this.
SFW
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11228428/1/Mischievous-Misdreavus
>>
File: 38746812_p0.jpg (91KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
38746812_p0.jpg
91KB, 1600x1200px
>>26373592
That was adorable thank you.
>>
Any of you fugs trying Worldbuilding June this... well... June?
>>
>>26373738
Maybe. Itd be a good excuse to flesh out Her Grace some more.
>>
Where is the moment where something stops being fanfiction and you are writing something else? I have seen many degrees of different interpretations, but how far does it go before it's unrecognizable? That you can no longer give it a franchise's name because you just went against everything.
>>
>>26374141
"Where"? Where you choose to name it something else. Where you say "no, this is no longer Pokémon, it's Anonycraft".

And it's not just us - remember things like Record of Lodoss War are down the line DnD fanworks (in this case, session runs) with the serial numbers filed off. Robotech is technically a very specifically crafted crossover of Macross and other two franchises. And so on.

But it starts with the name. When it's not good enough for you to call it that, because *you* need to acknowledge that you have given it its own identity.
>>
>>26374141
Usually happens when too many rules of an already set verse are broken or a majority of cast from existing series are way out of character, to the point that the only thing they have in common with the franchise are names (people, items, etc).
>>
>>26373592
>getting pet by a Trevenant

Holy shit my fucking heart. I never knew I wanted this.
>>
>>26374233
And is fanfiction the only realm in which one can express their opinion of the world in question?
>>
>>26373738
I've never even heard of that. My worlds usually adapt to my characters (I've heard that's a taboo but it's never given me trouble) so I'm not too invested in it.
>>
>>26373738
Only for non-Pokémon stories. I'm just not into that shit anymore; I'm more of a reader now.
Also shitty lore dump if anyone hasn't seen it yet:
http://pastebin.com/gshYGq2Q
I might dump more lore for a couple of my other stories in IRC tonight.
>>
>>26373738
>Worldbuilding
Does making a plan of how the gradual fusion of the Yo-kai Watch World into the PMD verse counts?
>>
>>26375800
Yes. Pastebin dump, please?
>>
>>26375816
Only paper and pencil for now. Still trying to make things consistent since there is also a big focus on other towns like treasure town as well as the namesake before going to the computer.
>>
>>26374368
Interesting. World revolving around the characters. It might leave some questions, but it's great for creating perspectives
>>
I could argue that Pokemon is already like that. Or at least one could be heavily convinced that the game is exactly the world as it would be seen by a child.
>>
>>26373592
You know any more fics like that?
>>
File: 1450843879008.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450843879008.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
Question for you writers: What made up products or cool gadgets have you designed to exist in the universe you're writing?
>>
>>26377003
That's about it over here
>>
>>26377562
A bizarre fusion of a Taser, a CD player, and a headjack for loading TMs and HMs. Probably the most fleshed out of all the gadgets I've made for a cyberpunk Pokémon fiction I'm in the middle of writing.
>>
>>26358860
>that title
Will the season ever change?
>>
File: dark clefable.png (15KB, 371x274px) Image search: [Google]
dark clefable.png
15KB, 371x274px
>>26371975
If you're going to have your characters talk like THAT maybe you should write in an AU where everyone is fucking mute instead. Don't take dialogue lessons from amateur-translated doujin hentai.
>>
>>26374354
No, by any means. Or yes, depending on how do you define fanfiction versus IP and how much of an opinion you can impart on something like a game run, for example using a Let's Play for social criticism around the interpretation of one of those modern biohazard / plague AH games (The Division and the like).

Then there's also literary criticism nonfiction but that's another path and scale of things.

>>26375800
>Pokémon + YKW
But of course! Go ahead and show us stuff~

>>26377562
>made-up products or cool gadgets
Personal jetpacks, obviously. I mean, sure, the anime already has silly stuff like that but JETPACKS! I think they make a lot of sense for trainers who engage more closely in the strategic aspects of combat than merely standing on a cabin at a stadium, for example you need to secure a good vantage point and be able to evade the aftereffects of the moves of your and your opponent's Pokémon (think Whirlwind, Discharge, Earthquake, Surf, ...).

I have one character use a device similar to a low-power rail gun, used to shoot charged, pre-cracked Gems at his own Pokémon when they are out of arms reach so the can shatter the Gems and use their elemental energy.

>CAPTCHA
>FAST CONCORD
>>
>>26377562
I did have a pokeball jammer in mind to disable pokeball, but I never got beyond the first chapter
>>
>>26380313
lol if you think writing dialogue that isn't explicitly conducive to jerking off in smut is a good idea
>>
>>26380056
The seasons change normally.
His are somewhat erratic.
But that's described in the text.
>>
>>26377562

Might sound edgy(pun intended,) but I had a blade hilt that allowed you to enter a Pokeball, and, depending on the Pokemon, you'd get a unique blade that would form.

There were even Rotation variants, where you could put three Pokeballs and rotate it to change your weapon at-will.
>>
Alright, I need a little help. In my fic, I write all the dialogue as full statements, even that of the Pokemon. This is because the MC grew to understand their Pokemon's toned and body language very well, and can easily communicate with them. I write everything as dialogue instead of narration because the MC can usually translate most of each Pokemon's statement. So if I have one say:

"We aren't how we used to be,"

instead of narrating:

He expressed his dismay over what their friendship had become with a defeated mew.

It's 1.) more engaging for the reader, and 2.) not giving the reader any more information than what the MC has since they can understand most of the sentence. I have tried to express the fact that this dialogue is all translation on the MC's part, but unfortunately, people don't seem to be picking up on it. I think it just looks like my Pokemon talk for no reason without explanation.

Any tips? Here's an example of the type of dialogue I'm referring to:
http://pastebin.com/Lp369y1N
>>
>>26383467
ever try a different approach to an MC who started with a new Pokemon to challenge the way you usually write, maybe a one-off or something to see how that works?
>>
File: are you well.png (427KB, 593x591px) Image search: [Google]
are you well.png
427KB, 593x591px
>>26381712
It's not conductive to jerking off at all, though.

>I’m letting my own son fuck my mouth-pussy… she said to herself, inly I didn’t even do this with my husband.
Like, are you serious? How can you not laugh your ass off at that? It's a joke. This entire fic is a joke. Even as far as doujin-tier smut goes, this is pretty bottom-of-the-fucking-barrel.
>>
Anyone have any tips on how to write a sex scene between a girl and male beedrill?
>>
>>26384735
lmao i think you might just be a closeted homo. of course it's a 'joke' insofar as all smut is a joke; you can't write smut and take it 'seriously' unless you're some Chris-chan-tier low functioning autist. just yield yourself totally and completely to depravity and write what gets you off. if cliche hentai talk doesn't work for you then you prob need to get your testosterone levels checked, and if you can't appreciate the self-aware irony of it then you may as well ask the doc to throw in an MRI
>>
>>26384932
A way I can see that is to have beedrill stick a dildo on to the stinger so it doesn't in death.
>>
>>26383467
People probably aren't picking up on it because it seems to be an excuse to justify your character talking with pokemon that is otherwise irrelevant because it's literally just your character understanding pokemon.

To be honest, as a reader, you'll never convince me that someone could interpret tone and body language into a full and legitimate language. If you've ever seen sign language in use, you'll understand just how complex physical communication is. That's not even accounting for the fact that there are literally hundreds of different species that are not capable of the same tones and body language.

If you're committed to the concept, than you can portray it better by limiting its effectiveness in appropriate ways. Line of sight, light, and ambient noise are all relevant to how well the character should be able to understand Your example doesn't portray any significant loss in communicative ability due to the heavily emphasized darkness of the environment.
>>
>>26385061
Or you could inject the girl with an antivenom beforehand so she doesn't die, but still experiences the intense aphrodisiac effects of Beedrill's venom... just spitballin' here though
>>
>>26384669
>>26385180
Thanks for your help, I'll change some things. Btw I only used that example because it was the only thing I had written, I kinda stopped paying attention to consistency in characterization because of the smut.
>>
>>26385198
Would the beedrill shoot out venom as an equivalent to ejaculation? If not, I;m wondering how would the girl would phyiscally please the bee
>>
>>26385331
>>26385331
Have the stinger double as a dick/sexual organ -- the initial, painful thrust both penetrates the girl and injects her with the venom/aphrodisiac, which gives her minutes to live -- except the twist is, the only antidote is beedrill's semen -- so she has to try her best in her hyperaroused state to try and make beedrill cum.
>>
File: rock solid.jpg (58KB, 524x552px) Image search: [Google]
rock solid.jpg
58KB, 524x552px
>>26385431
Yes, I second this.
>>
bumpin
>>
File: 1460825035108.jpg (700KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1460825035108.jpg
700KB, 1053x1070px
>>26384834
You seem salty, friend
Can I interest you in a nice glass of bleach?
>>
>>26388312
>replying to an argument that is 5 hours old and would've died down on its own
Hat plz.
>>
File: 20160518_125238.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160518_125238.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>26388323
>implying I existed 5 hours ago
nigga i was dealing with pic related all day, she's a noisy fucker who can't find her kids
>>
To the writers. Have you ever had an idea for a crossover fic that you swear would be good, but sounds crazy on paper?

Just asking for myself.
>>
File: image-20160518_130437.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
image-20160518_130437.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>26388769
Do it.
Follow your dreams.
yesterday, you said tomorrow
so just do it
>>
>>26388348
>>26388829
Hat I like your cats
>>
File: Go Go Gadget Zeppeli.jpg (167KB, 1023x929px) Image search: [Google]
Go Go Gadget Zeppeli.jpg
167KB, 1023x929px
You know what, why not? I need a break from trying to reboot Minty. Which if anybody has the old pastebin links, I would appreciate it..

I think it's time to buckle down and Go Go Zeppeli.
>>
>>26388769
Nah, I don't really enjoy crossovers. Unless you can work redonkulous amounts of connections to where the two subjects actually link up considerably, I find it distasteful. It's basically super fucking hard if you're not being a keklord.
>>
>>26388882
I'm going to try it anyway.
>>
>>26388912
That's how most great and terrible things are made, anyway. Most of my fics wouldn't exist if I didn't decide one day to take a stupid idea from my autismo middle school era and mix some shit up into it.
>>
File: 20160518_143935.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160518_143935.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>26388857
I want to adopt them all
these two got adopted today though, hopefully they don't come back
>>
>>26388991
If not for my tutoring gig I'd volunteer for a shelter. You're a good man. If you ever adopt though take the least adoptable. Everyone wants a kitten for their two year old but nobody wants the 4 year old asocials.
>>
>>26324856
What do you guys do to fine good fics with a specific pokemon. Do you just write its name on the fanfiction search system or do you guys have a organises pages on your booru?
>>
File: 1416542946896.gif (2MB, 402x230px) Image search: [Google]
1416542946896.gif
2MB, 402x230px
>>26389919
>Not getting tiny children flopwops
>>
File: 20160325_133650.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160325_133650.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>26389919
I did get mine from the shelter
She is a noisy cunt but she's damn cute while doing it
>>
>>26389987
I check the usual fanfiction sites. Since there's no concise filter system, I just loom over the summaries that may or may not catch my eye. Most don't, and the stories they contain are either horribly formatted to the point of being unreadable or are in a not-fic format. Usuually because the sites contain fics from people with limited to no experience in writing and/or english language organization. There's still that 1% chance you'll find something good though.
You might have a better chance getting something of quality searching 4chan, since (assuming) everyone is 18+ and can make coherent stuff.
There's a catalog in the OP where people submit their works too. Take a look there.
>>
>>26389987
Yeah I pretty much have to use the search term and comb through the list of fics. Coincidentally, I just did that for Greninja. Holy fuck there are a lot of gay pairings for no reason.
>>
>>26390054
Same. Noisiest most self-absorbed cat I ever met but damn if it wasn't a welcome change from her being a terrified mute. Rip in peace Jade.
>>
File: 1457017973542-vp.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457017973542-vp.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
As promised earlier in the thread >>26346050, another chapter is ready - A River of Twilight.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/9/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart

>>26347939
>I'm pretty sure I've already read bits and pieces of a few of them (the Gift of the Protector series is immense but what I've read of it was enjoyable) but the ones worth reading are always so long I'd rather be writing with that time.
Thank you, I'm glad that you've enjoyed what you've read. I can also understand the dilemma you've articulated all too well. Often I have to put a book down when the inspiration to write hits me. I typically go back to reading once having my fill of writing, however because I write so much it can take time to re-acclimate.
>>
>>26389987
I'd try searching pastebin a few occasions, but literally everything comes up as a possible result
>>
File: 20160518_131940.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160518_131940.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>26391815
F
>>
>>26391805
They got the naruto audience when making greninja
>>
File: 1460822864278.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460822864278.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>26393711
All this talk of animals makes me wonder, how do you guys handle pokemon as pets in your fics? are they commonplace among people who arent trainers? are pokemon too wild and unruly to be trusted? perhaps MASTER I- happened one too many times and the league had to put a stop to it
>>
>>26395848
>perhaps MASTER I- happened
?

Oh, it's probably a sex thing. With them going "Master, I..." and having the Handsome Superman face, right?

Making them too wild and unruly seems like it strays too far from basically every single bit of Pokemon canon. It could work well if done right, few things don't, but it seems to be straying too much from what makes Pokemon interesting. Too me, anyway.

Having the league put a stop to unwholesome relations between man and mon sounds like opening a whole can of worms about how the government functions in Pokemon which is its own separate set of arguments. And sounds a bit too much like "a very miniscule amount of people like to fuck dogs, so we're banning all dogs for everyone," which just sounds silly.
>>
File: 1458108701731.jpg (19KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
1458108701731.jpg
19KB, 500x317px
>>26395848
I don't depart too much from the established lore in my fics.
Locals have them, and typically the telltale sign of a non-trainer is they don't keep them in Pokeballs. Though it's not unheard of to have a Pokeball for your pet, it usually is sufficient to keep them around in their physical form because they're more of a pet than an actual combat device.
>>
>>26395848
depends how far of the pet thing you're going for, which varies for writers I think.
In my eye, a Pokemon can pretty much look out for itself, but buddy up with people because they either like them, can work with them, or just because.
>>
>>26395848
>>26397629
Quality of life as a pet is probably worlds better than in the wild: unconditional food, shelter, and companionship would probably make it a dream come true scenario.

I have a story on the to-do-list about a servine that recognizes this while misunderstanding how the relationship usually works and simply moves itself into a hapless man's home to reap those benefits.
>>
>>26397987
That's more than a half-decent premise you have there, anon.
>>
>>26397987
That sounds funny. I'm looking forward to it anon.
>>
File: 20160519_164854.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160519_164854.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
guys help
this cat wont get off
its been here for almost an hour
i need to leave
i have writing to do
>>
>>26401173
Cats like hands. Can't do much about it unless you learn how to type with one hand.
might wanna keep it down with the /an/ talk a bit
>>
File: 1460929047295.png (1MB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1460929047295.png
1MB, 1000x700px
>>26401444
Fuck cats
except #420getLitten he's aight.

I should do something with my idea for a Silver fic i had ages ago
>>
>>26402234
>multiple projects stacking up
aren't you at risk of biting more than you can chew?
>>
>>26401173
Lucky bastard
my cat died just last year, I miss him so much
>>
>>26402263
He hasn't bitten off a single thing yet.
>>
>>26391805
there's been a rise of female writers into such a thing recently
>>
>>26402263
Is there a writer alive who doesn't have multiple projects stacked up? I can't imagine not having at least five things going at once.
>>
File: 235234234234.jpg (77KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
235234234234.jpg
77KB, 800x450px
Holy tits Suicune is LEWD. I forgot how fun it was to incorporate lust into text.

There is still one thing I'm conflicted about for the final product, and that's pretty much solely the gender of the waterdog. I'm not certain what the fuck I want them to be, basically coming down to whether it'd be best to give them a big schlong or making them actually compatible naturally with a male Mienshao. That's not even the end of it, I've always had an idea floating around that I might even turn away from the Suicune even having genitals at all. It's somewhat a lel funny joke, but them not having any explicit sexual pleasures besides their interactions with a partner give a unique edge to the text. They and the text would be much more focused on the dominant and submissive aspects of the encounter, considering they could only gain physical and emotional pleasure from it.

I dunno.
>>
File: pikakillme.jpg (13KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
pikakillme.jpg
13KB, 300x250px
>>26404901
This may very well be the most disgusting thing I've read in my life. Thanks anon.
>>
>>26405120
Surely you must have written your own name in recent times, so that can't be true.
>>
File: suicune.png (127KB, 450x890px) Image search: [Google]
suicune.png
127KB, 450x890px
>>26404901
> I might even turn away from the Suicune even having genitals at all.
This is the only viable option. Pic related.

Ignore (26405120), who I will not grant a (You). He is weak, and must be purged from our ranks.
>>
>>26405180
Like, part of the thought is that Suicune was reborn due to Ho-oh's influence, but it's not like that new image would need to have any sexual parts. What was created to be wholly unique does not have the need to reproduce, right?
>>
>>26405255
I unironically think that most "gender-unknown" legendaries should either be left completely Barbie Dolled like in the pic, or have some sort of arcane genitals or mating rituals completely incompatible with "normal" Pokemon

because I mean, what else would "genderless" mean?
>>
>>26405267
Isn't it technically "gender unknown"? It could be interpreted as them being able to change equipment as necessary if they're not unique but very rare (that way, they'd definitely be able to reproduce when the time comes).
>>
File: 1458349274297.gif (497KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1458349274297.gif
497KB, 500x383px
>>26405296
>Gender unknown...until necessary.
>>
File: Anne1.jpg (65KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Anne1.jpg
65KB, 800x450px
>>26404901
>>
File: 1435028571279.jpg (230KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1435028571279.jpg
230KB, 1920x1280px
After what seemed like forever, I've finally finished my Absol fic:

http://pastebin.com/ayLvMR9j (SFW)

Haven't really gotten much constructive criticism from the few people I shared it with, so have at it.
>>
>>26405296
>gender unknown
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 244x148px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 244x148px
Life's been kicking my ass.

Anyway, what is everybody up to tonight? I have a story I wrote a couple weeks back- obviously unfinished because finishing anything is too hard for me apparently, and trying to get this idea out of my head so I can write new stories.

http://pastebin.com/YxAanYjp
>>
>>26406626
hm? Haven't seen this before. Have you shared it here?
>>
>>26405267
Why did you use spoiler tags as a surprise box? You're not posting a spoiler. Posts that you "whisper quietly" do not warrant a spoiler tag.
>>
>>26408951
headcanon spoilers
>>
>>26407467
My dick needs more
>>
>>26408895
Nope. Just with a few people over Skype.
>>
>>26406626
well now, that's comfy as fuck to read. Thanks anon.
>>26407467
is the MC an OC? I don't recall May having a skirt...
>>
>>26407467
I've been procrastinating
>>
Tips for down-on-luck Fanficbro? Literally nobody reads anything I put out these days on Fanfiction.net, because it doesn't involve "LE MEME HIGH SCHOOL" or "MAYMAY PAIRINGS + SMUT"

What do? I don't want to abandon the site where I've had great success with Fanfiction years back, but it's getting out of hand.
>>
>>26411078
Can't really do much except post your works on other sites/advertise.
Or you can say fuck the audience and write for yourself or something cliché like that
>>
>>26411078
Advertise yourself and post in various places. I don't know about any places to post besides fanfiction.net and AO3, but there's probably some sort of forums (serebii?). You can advertise yourself here (link your profile and I'll try to take a look later) or reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/fanfiction or https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonfanfiction).

If you read other people's stuff and are desperate for critique, I've found that other authors are usually very willing to read and review your stuff when you do the same for them. I tend to write longish reviews and I've had several authors respond to my reviews with promises that they would critique stuff for me if I ever get around to posting.
>>
File: sad pumpkaboo.png (345KB, 618x547px) Image search: [Google]
sad pumpkaboo.png
345KB, 618x547px
>>26412429
>reddit
No one should be that desperate
>>
>>26411078
Post your shit here
>>
>>26362766
We all are, hopefully.
>>
>>26411078
Keep writing, views trickle on slowly and surely. I went from an FFN with several stories that were five or six digit hit counts to a new account where just one of my stories is a five digit hit count but I think the quality of my writing has improved dramatically and I'm more interested in what I'm producing.

The main issue I had was I started doing character study and examining shit like communication and the perception of xenophilia by others, all of which doesn't attract huge view counts.

Then again, switching accounts also was maybe a bit overkill. Should have just restructured. Either way, don't despair and keep at it. Good work does not go unappreciated for long. Usually.
>>
>>26412910
This...is also an option
>>
File: 1460988155131.jpg (18KB, 160x161px) Image search: [Google]
1460988155131.jpg
18KB, 160x161px
>>26414839
heh... nothin personell... kid.....
>>
>>26414839
No I mean post something. I want to read it.
>>
>tfw you favorite a shitty smut because it's the only half-decent thing featuring the character you searched for
>>
>>26372223
say, do you plan on taking any more requests once you're finished working on the current one?
>>
So I have this idea for a story which is very much cliche but I want you guys to tell me what you think

It about a trainer whose fav pokemon dies due to unknown circumstances, and is replaced by a zoroark who uses illusion to pass as that pokemon, and tries its darnedest to keep the façade for some reason I havent decided yet. Bonus points for the dead pokemon being any type that has the same weaknesses as dark.

It could go any number of directions, from humor, to drama, to even smut. Whatever I pick I'll be basing the rest of the critical stuff around.

Please dont hurt me

>captcha: select all ships
Maybe thats a sign
>>
>>26418585
Well there's plenty of ways that idea could go, but it's of no use to anyone in that form. Get out there and throw some shit down as text so that it can be concrete as a written idea. Besides that, I don't really think I've seen anything quite like your prompt, but I haven't been looking at all.
>>
>>26418604
Yeah, I too think its too vague like this, but just wanted to see the reaction to the basic concept

I actually just thought of this right now while reading this thread

Its late here so I'll probably sleep and work on this tomorrow
>>
>>26418639
Sounds like a good platform to build a story about grief, acceptance, and maybe being comfortable in your own skin; maybe the Zoroark has been treated poorly in its default state and so it endeavors to stay in any form that isn't its true form in the vain hope that it won't be mistreated.

Cue character arcs for both Trainer and Pokemon. It also remains open to at least two of your options, drama and smut. Maybe both, that's always fun. Nothing says, "fuck something is very wrong here," like hysterical sobbing mid-coitus.
>>
>>26418336
For sure. I haven't had time to work on my current one because of some sudden errands that popped up, but once I finish it I'll gladly take any requests you guys might have. I also got my FFN going so you can contact me on there https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11952351/1/HaremMon-Gotta-Fxxk-em-All
>>
File: pb_hero.jpg (144KB, 667x340px) Image search: [Google]
pb_hero.jpg
144KB, 667x340px
>>26418903
>Nothing says, "fuck something is very wrong here," like hysterical sobbing mid-coitus.
maybe for a normie like you
>>
File: 1460595192323.png (12KB, 259x288px) Image search: [Google]
1460595192323.png
12KB, 259x288px
>>26419371
that is not the right image
now that post just seems weird
>>
>>26419377
Don't worry, the peanut butter gives the same message in the end.
>>
>>26419371
Hat pls. Why do you even have a picture of peanut butter saved?
>>
>>26420822
A man has his secrets
>>
File: 1460335728855.png (90KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1460335728855.png
90KB, 500x380px
>>26420822
because i went to the cooking board, i think its /ck/? and started a discussion on it.
its such a slow board though, i bet its still somewhere page 10
also, i need to get more pokemon images, most of them are misc. anime
>>
>>26421990
Seeing as how i've barely made any on topic posts, discussion time
What do people eat in your fics?
is everyone a vegitarian?
do tauros exist almost solely as food by now?
are there remoraid hatcheries scattered along the coast?
>>
>>26422649
They eat about the same food as ours. Vegetables, fish, meat, pasta, chocolate. Earth animals are farmed in protected pockets, and the trees we see are already pretty much Earth-like and just as well spread, which more or less implies other lifeforms they interact with, such as insects and small animals are as well, so that kind of food is readily available.

Of course, eating berries is still also a possibility.

As for synth food, I have never really given a thought of what would that be like - don't really want to head into "boring little protein capsule".
>>
>>26422649
Generally--but not strictly--vegetarian. One is especially insistent on organics and detox for their Pokemon.
>>
File: image.png (356KB, 627x886px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
356KB, 627x886px
>>26417926
Which one? Characters?
>>
>>26421990
Oh, I see, but why fucking peanut butter? Like, its uses in shit? what is steven shielding their eyes from

And to give my take on >>26421990 so I can stay on topic: Pokemon of varying "accepted" species are eaten, like Magikarp and Tauros, while the consumption of more exotic types of meat fluctuates in acceptability depending on the region. I'm still grappling with the idea of animals from the real world existing; while it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine giving the diversity of species, it does feel weird.
>>
>>26418585
Has this idea been talked about before? It sounds familiar...
>>
File: lots and lots of birbs.jpg (545KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lots and lots of birbs.jpg
545KB, 1000x1000px
>>26324856

>Seems like a lot of generals got steamrolled by Gen VII news, this one included. How do you think the new generation will affect current fics or fics set up before its time?

Depends entirely on the scope of the fic and how much Alola's background lore interacts with the other regions.

For stories like mine where most things are completely divorced from mainline canon, there wouldn't be an awful lot of difference.

>>26373738

I'm actually strongly considering it, since I have a few settings that could benefit from an examination like that. That said, it's a little mentally daunting trying to figure out how to balance 30 days of note-writing along with fic-writing.

On that note, new chapter.

FFN:
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/35/Fledglings

AO3:
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/3465593/chapters/15797044
>>
File: bump.gif (947KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
bump.gif
947KB, 200x150px
bump
>>
Any of you doing world building june?
tl;dr write stuff about your universe every day for a month
>>
>>26429149
I am, though I am tackling Pokémonverse rather than original / headverse (which I also have but is far less developed and can wait).

Already set up a google docs (shared link in IRC) though at the moment it's not much more than a bullet list to build drafts from using some of the information of the Primers already have.

In fact I had already commented on that in this thread, see >>26373738.

>CAPTCHA
>PLEASANT STREET
>>
File: 1462238506336.png (208KB, 646x779px) Image search: [Google]
1462238506336.png
208KB, 646x779px
>>26429149
>My universe
>Implying I haven't done nothing but write fanfiction for the last year
>>
>>26429466
You can have your own universe in fanfiction, too. I have a pretty significant amount I could write about my specific take on the PMDverse, and I plan to when the time comes.
>>
I keep making AUs of stories I haven't even finished yet. Help.

and now I need to learn some shit about uyghur culture and investment banking. fug
>>
>>26430013
Why wait? There's a June coming up :p
>>
>>26422649
Roots and berries. Mostly roots in the current scenario, as berries tend to require sunlight, which this world does not have in abundance. As one of the MCs recalls:

“Deep underground, keep your wits about you,/search for the roots that grow through the loam:/Long and pink for the meat, green and orange for the stew,/Blue to refresh so you can go far from home.” -Traveler's Almanac

Orange is basically potatoes, green has the texture and shape of celery and the combined tastes of parsnips and onions, the pink ones taste like pork and satisfy carnivorous tendencies, and the blue ones taste like someone crammed an entire pie's worth of sugar into a berry the size of your thumb and added motor oil, but are basically an all-natural 10-hour energy drink. There are a few other roots - including some rather long yellow ones that are garlic at ten times the intensity, and one notable one that's red, sweet, looks like something utterly delicious, and is poisonous as all hell (it's a survival strategy, it's easier to grow as a mushroom if you're sprouting in the middle of a load of nutrients in the form of a corpse) - but these are the most common. It keeps the carnivores from losing it, and the herbivores are happy with anything.
>>
Hey, same anon who posted this >>26418585
I was busy most of the day, but here are some more things I thought to add
>The trainer doesnt keep their pokemon in pokeballs, rather letting them be mostly free to run around wherever
>theyd encourage their pokemon to explore the areas they visit on their travels so they can do their own discoveries
>this is because the trainer themselves werent allowed to do anything on their own, being a very pampered child and a political tool for royalty, and, as a result, making them really oblivious of the world which took them a lot of time to remedy
>so they, not wanting the same to happen to their pokemon, encourages them to be as free as possible while still spending time around them
>the trainers first pokemon was a zorua and they got along well but they had a big argument after losing a battle which was actually a set-up and later lost her after an attempt on their life separated the two.
>finally gain independence after a coup dethrones the trainers parents and theyre exiled from their country. The trainer abandons their parents (honestly they were assholes so its for the better) and goes out on their own into the neighboring regions.
>after a while of travelling, the kid grows into a respectable pokemon trainer with a bit more wisdom
>their fav current pokemon (still undecided) then meets and befriends a zoroark who may or may not be the trainer's zorua in one of its regular strolls
>they become the best of friends and meet very often
>then one day, when zoroark and the other pokemon were supposed to meet they were attacked by what seemed to be a covert unit from the trainer's country, who were actually tracking down and trying to eliminate both the trainer and their parents in order to prevent them from allying themselves with another country to take the country back
>its then that the trainers fav pokemon dies

Still needs work!
>>
>>26430013
Well if we're just going to do takes on the PMDverse then I can shit up a storm while creating the intercontinental oceanic nations and settlements for deep pure-aquatic water types. That'd sure count.
>>
File: 1458693768579.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458693768579.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>26406626
>Your last thought before everything goes blank is about how you'll get the stains out of your clothes this time.

So the main char got dat Absol pussy at the end but you didn't write the details? What a tease you are Seasons.
>>
How/where do you guys find people to commission your stuff? I'm not one to boast, but my smut writing is now I feel at the level where people would be willing to pay for it. Should I establish a tumblr presence? Hentafoundry? What's the deal here?
>>
>>26431441
Furry sites.
>>
File: smut and fluff.png (44KB, 340x750px) Image search: [Google]
smut and fluff.png
44KB, 340x750px
>>26431413
>want to make first fic comfy and SFW
>becomes a case of pic related for many
True suffering. At least I'm going to go back through it and fix it up.

The stains were also supposed to be from Goodra slime, not Absol fluids.
>>
File: 1427444410636.gif (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1427444410636.gif
96KB, 480x480px
>>26431874
Nah, it's fine as is in my book. My butt's just a little sore that there wasn't any lewd, but I knew what I was getting into when I saw the SFW sticker. It's really good for a first fic Seasons, great job. Maybe I should lurk here more and see what other goodies you can write. c:
>>
>>26431441
go everywhere. Patreon, tumblr, what >>26431517 suggests, everywhere, as long as your name gets out there.
Post a sample of your work?
>>
File: Medicham.png (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Medicham.png
37KB, 250x250px
>>26372251
Hey anon, I've finished your Trainer x Medicham request: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11958941/1/Assorted-Pokephilia-Lemons

Hope you like it.

If anyone else has any requests, feel free to ask now, because I have time.
>>
File: 1431139416965.jpg (106KB, 550x530px) Image search: [Google]
1431139416965.jpg
106KB, 550x530px
>>26433421
Illumise could use a bit of proper loving from her trainer. Perhaps it could be mating season with Illumise showing signs to her oblivious trainer (ex: dancing, grinding) until she decides to just tell him directly (kissing or anything else) and go from there?
Large dick small entrance/large insertion is my thing, along with being rough, if that helps.
>>
>>26433893
I gotcha
>>
>>26433421
Well now, this is a nice treat to wake up to. Enjoyed the read and the details quite a bit.

A suggestion I have for you grammar-wise is to keep an eye on a few sentences so that they don't runon for too long.

Either way, good work, hope to see more from you.
>>
>>26433421
Trainer/Mienfoo? She's going into heat, sees it as a nuisance that prevents her from focusing to her fullest extent, and goes to relieve it the best way she knows how with the only male she can find. Businesslike, dominant, and doesn't really get why her Trainer's freaking out about it.
>>
File: 40196408_p0.jpg (94KB, 671x777px) Image search: [Google]
40196408_p0.jpg
94KB, 671x777px
>>26433421
Trainer x mismagius or florges?
>>
>>26435438
>>26435697
Got you both in the queue
>>
>>26436141
Thanks kindly. It'd work just as well with Mienshao or even Lucario. Also, another idea: F!Chesnaught is overprotective of her Trainer, it's starting to get in the way of the Trainer's life, he confronts her about it and gets hugged tenderly and leaves nursing an injured pelvis.
>>
anyone else in the thread where we all created a fanfic a little while ago?
that stuff was cancer, hope we do more
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11925026/1/Broken-Tears
>>
File: 82b.jpg (30KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
82b.jpg
30KB, 449x449px
What's the most obvious death flag you've ever seen in fanfiction?
>>
File: 1407545339839.jpg (90KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
1407545339839.jpg
90KB, 475x475px
>>26437490
this one goes to most media in general:

Last day on job before leaving via retirement.
When we get out of here promises.
Let's get married after this.
Childhood friend in war history background.

>>26433421
If you're into rape I'd like to throw in a humilation fic idea for Pike Queen Lucy from Emerald version Battle frontier. She was quite arrogant towards the player character, reluctantly signing frontier pass. I'd like to see her get knocked down/humiliated by Brendan, who is upset when she refuses to sign frontier pass for completing open level challenge. What methods are done I'll leave up to you, as long as she eventually breaks down into tears. As an option, MC can fill her up with numerous rounds of his seed
>>
File: 1460589574259.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460589574259.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>26437490
A character going all mushy and talking about how happy they are to finally have friends, and how they dont have to be lonely anymore
>>
>>26437633
I like it
>>
File: big crabhammer.jpg (66KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
big crabhammer.jpg
66KB, 1000x700px
>>26437633
>those glass-cutters
>>
>>26437490
someone betraying another and then showing regret soon after, bonus for their death being used to 'make-up' for what they did
>>
>>26440512
Sounds like a good way to shoehorn a cliche theme into the story. Does anyone else like seeing betrayal take place when it isn't later punished by the author?
>>
File: 1458630106815.gif (1MB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
1458630106815.gif
1MB, 285x285px
What the fuck, how long are lewds supposed to be? I've got 20 pages already on the Suicune and will probably have 10 more of just the sex scene alone before the afterglow section. To be perfectly honest, I don't think I've ever finished even a bare bones smut to its fullest extent before finishing and fucking off, let alone whatever the meaty fuck I'm doing to this poor high-quality excuse of a fap.
>>
>>26440880
Keep going. I believe in you!
>>
>>26440898
I mean finished reading, not finished writing. I can basically write all I damn well please for this setting and throw in way more than what people read nsfw for. I'm insinuating that people who are like me are going to get lost looking for the end amidst all the dank imagery and steady pacing.
>>
>>26440880
That's a lot of pages you have there.
>>
>>26440880
>>26440949
Mimiga what the fuck are you on about? Are you asking how long a lewd should be rhetorically, or how long it should be written to the appease the reader?
>>
>>26440880
>>26440949
Do I have to go back to story construction 101?
What's the point of the story, what needs to happen in order to express that point, and why should the audience care about what's happening.
If you really need I guess I could beta read it or whatever.
>>
>>26441290
>what's the point of the story
Retard incoming
What does this mean? If I have a romance where the goal is the two characters getting together, is that the point? Is it that simple? Please help, I don't want my sappy xenophilic fluff to end up pointless.
>>
>>26441128
It is within my personal experience that most people tend not to care for the fluff in between, only seeking the lewds which were promised as the reader sought to click on the link to the fic. I'm wondering now if most of the flavorful text I'm making might fall on deaf ears. I worry for this now since I'm not quite done with the surprisingly lengthy rough draft, and the final cut will very likely end up including further pieces to be ignored. I'll try not to be this much of a dumb ass in the future.
>>
>>26441498
Yes, people are going to skip right to good parts if my experiences are anything to go off of when I've written smut that is lengthy or in many parts, but a fair number of them also will read your fluff, especially if it's enjoyable fluff.

As long as your fluff is immediately engaging, I think you'll see a decent mix of people skipping forward and people reading through.
>>
Just starting a new fic myself.

Anyway, been reading this and it's good so far. About a guy who plays competitive Pokemon even though Pokemon are real, then is clueless when he tries to actually train real Pokemon. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11019737/1/Soft-Reset
>>
>>26441400
This might get a little complex, so bear with me. The purpose of any fiction is to get an experience or idea across. Whether that be to analyze intercultural relationships, or explore ethics. Without that, the audience is left wondering what the point of experience was.
A surface idea like two people getting together isn't engaging at all for an audience. Why are they getting together? Is it because they feel it is their duty to procreate? Is it because they think they deluded themselves into getting in a relationship on looks, and that unravels as time goes on? Coming to terms with personal issues is a million more times engaging than "Two attractive people get into a relationship".
I reference "Understanding Comics", page 167 as a great guide in understanding the point of art.
>>
Looking for decent AshXDawn fics that aren't just smut. Also ones that actually have Pokemon in them.
>>
>>26441498
>>26441636
I like a good fluffy set up before smut. I don't want to just read about some slut getting nailed by her Bisharp, I want to learn how they interact in daily life, how they met, and generally how good a match they are for each other. Then I want the sex.
>>
>>26441498
>>26441636
I'm getting a little sick of Content Creators catering to pillocks just because they scream the loudest.
You got two kinds of smut; either the smut is a smaller part of a larger picture like in Fight Club, or the smut is front and center, like a porn with a plot. If you want to just write something where someone puts their dick in something, I guess whatever. just don't piss in my breakfast cereal and try to make a story where there isn't
>>
>>26441650
Thanks, this is a big help.
>>
>>26441781
How's a ~10k word one-shot with about 3/5 lewd oriented content hold up in that equation? Would your cereal consist of 2/5 piss?
>>
>>26442462
I dunno, asshole, I'd have to read it, wouldn't I? I would question the end goal with a word count that high.
>>
new thread right over here
>>26444506
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.