[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 5-10-pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg (98KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
5-10-pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg
98KB, 578x327px
Anyone here liked the only new pokemon catchable during the main game thing of black and white?
Do you mind if Sun and Moon have only new mons catchable in the main game but you can catch all the old ones in the post game? (Assuming we got like 140 new mons with completely new desings) Or do you want like R/S new mons are the focus but a few old ones are there.
>>
File: 1462991874126.jpg (65KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
1462991874126.jpg
65KB, 600x624px
I really want them to only have new mons available until around during the halfway point of the game. To me, it makes the game feel more fresh.
>>
>>26324832
Mainly new ones, but each route has a few old ones at VERY low encounter rates. That way the game feels fresh and encountering old mons will feel special.
>>
File: less than 70.jpg (3KB, 57x121px) Image search: [Google]
less than 70.jpg
3KB, 57x121px
>>26324832
You're getting another X and Y senpai, forget about catching all new pokes while you still can.
>>
I just want new Pokemon. Just like any sane Pokemon fan does.
>>
>>26324832
>Anyone here liked the only new pokemon catchable during the main game thing of black and white?

SM is definitely not going to be this. There are like 9 old Pokemon or references to them just in the concept art alone.

I actually expect Kalos again in terms of how the old:new ratio is going to be.
>>
>>26324832
I did like seeing only new Pokémon a lot in Black and White. I usually try using a team of Pokémon I have never used before on a new playthrough anyway. But on the other hand, I also had a lot of fun with Kalos huge Pokédex. The diversity that a regional dex of 350 Pokémon brings means a lot of different possible teams. However, it did feel like Unova had more of an identity of its own than Kalos had.
>>
>>26324832
That's one of the main reasons I found BW meh, and the fact they stopped doing that bullshit in B2W2 helped make those my favorite games in the series.
>>
>>26326028
You're what's wrong with the fanbase, congrats.
>>
>>26324832
New Unova had the best dex at a good size of 300 and with a 1:1 ratio between new and old.
>>
>>26324832
>we got like 140 new mons with completely new desings
You're never getting over 100 new mons a gen again. You'll be lucky to get 75. There are too many damn pokemon as it is.

Why do you think nearly half of gen 6's new mon count was megas?
>>
>>26324832

That right there is why I could never like Gen 3 or B/W1.

It's like it's not even a fucking Pokemon game anymore "lol what's a Pidgey, here's the same thing but now it's blue!"
>>
>>26325991
Some Pokemon "fans" on /vp/ can't handle another 100 pokemon because "they'll look like shit".
>>
>>26326028
>>26325991

I've used almost all the old Pokémon in my various playthroughs. I like using all brand new Pokémon in my first playthrough in a new generation. I hated the fact that Kalos didn't really give me that option. If Alola does the same thing and doesn't give us at least 100 new mons I will most likely give up on the franchise.
>>
>>26326035
>>26326145
Don't misunderstand, I said B2W2 for a reason.
XY had way too many old pokemon, and not enough new pokemon.
A dex should be made of at least half new pokemon, yet still have some old pokemon to allow more options.
>>
>>26325970
Could be your pet, not native to Alola. See cat carrier visible in your room in the trailer.
>>
>>26324832
>Anyone here liked the only new pokemon catchable during the main game thing of black and white?
I think it should be like BW2 where there is a lot of diversity in the regional dex, but the new Pokemon steal the show.

While I liked Kalos' regional dex, I feel like there was barely any Kalos presence, and that is was mostly about the older Pokemon. I feel like Kalos lacked it own identity in that regard, something I think Unova had.
>>
>>26325518
This would probably be ideal, give me enough range to fill up a team of new mons before giving me my old favourites.
>>
>>26326052
DESU, if they're just gonna keep giving us gens of ~70 Pokemon where there's
>9 starters
>2-stage early mammal, 3-stage early bird
>3-stage pseudo legendary line
>3 box legendaries/trio
>3 Mythicals

I'm out coz that shit will be taking up >25% of the Dex every generation.
>>
>>26324832
I like the way R/S, Platinum, and B2W2 handled the regional pokedex. It was a good balance. If they go the way of X and Y, I hope more of the old pokemon that they'll flood the game with have Mega Evolutions.
>>
>>26324832
Personally would like it that way provided there was enough pokemon.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.