[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why Lugia is not Water/Flying or Water/Psychic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: what.gif (1MB, 224x168px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
1MB, 224x168px
why Lugia is not Water/Flying or Water/Psychic?
>>
Lugia lives at sea necessarily because their psychic powers and size mean it can not live in the tower as ho-oh this is explained in the pokedex and because of that remedy has comvertirse the guardian of the place you live.
>>
I'm not good in English sorry
>>
>>26322098
Lugia is the only Pokémon with 4 types, actually. Water/Psychic/Flying/Dragon.
>>
>>26322182
Can someone translate this? I see the word "Pokédex" in there, but I have no idea what that has to do with its typing.
>>
>>26322098
Because they needed an excuse to have it talk in the movie. An excuse they later discarded when they just stopped caring.
Poor Lugia, it was never supposed to be Psychic in the first place...
>>
It's not aquatic by nature it originally lived atop the tower like Ho-Oh but because it unintentionally causes destruction and storms etc it went to the seafloor to live.
>>
>>26322330
What the anon is trying to say is that the Pokedex says that Lugia "confined itself" because it's too powerful. It and Ho-oh shared a city with two towers but Lugia inadvertitely destroyed one(also killing 3 Pokemon, which got resurrected by Ho-oh into Entei, Suicune and Raikou).
>>
>>26322182
> comvertirse
>>
raikou = jolteon

zapdos = fearow?
>>
>>26322336
Fuck off you faggot. Water doesn't make any sense on Lugia.
>>
File: Muk lmfao.jpg (95KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Muk lmfao.jpg
95KB, 1000x666px
>>26322098
i can clarify this with reasearch directly from professor oak.

ur a fucking faggot lugia is psychic/flygin because it has wings and it lives under the sea like a mermaid with flippers god ur fucking stoopid do u even play the pokemon games/or watch the pokemon anime??
>>
>>26322195
What about Gliscor?

Flying/Ground/Poison/Dark
>>
>>26322098
Water is shit, Lugia should've been Psychic/Dragon.
>>
File: 1463181390003.png (162KB, 303x308px) Image search: [Google]
1463181390003.png
162KB, 303x308px
>if it flaps it's wings it'll cause a 40 day storm
>can't learn hurricane
>>
>Guardian of the seas
>Master of storms
>Primarily blue design
>Partially based on an aquatic creature
>Learns more water moves than psychic type moves
>Counterpart to a Fire type bird

Lugia not being Flying/Water is so fucking retarded.
>>
>>26323168
Oh and

>Primarily depicted as swimming under the sea in its showcase imagery such as the title screens of SIlver and Soul Silver
>>
>>26322350
>Lugia inadvertitely destroyed one(also killing 3 Pokemon
Holy shit, it all makes sense now.
I'm enlightened.
>>
>>26322446

>The Diving Pokemon
>literally lives underwater
>called Guardian of the Sea
>learns the most important water moves
>WATER DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
>>
File: 1452353867370.jpg (12KB, 336x352px) Image search: [Google]
1452353867370.jpg
12KB, 336x352px
>>26323168
>>26323216
It lives underwater because its too fucking powerful to live on land not because its a water type.
>but muh water moves
I guess fucking slowbro should be a fire type since it learns flamethrower and fireblast.
>>
>>26323492
>I guess fucking slowbro should be a fire type since it learns flamethrower and fireblast.
This.
>>
>>26323168
>wanting Lugia to have a shit typing
>>
>>26323538
Tell that Garados
>>
>>26322446
>>26323492
Then explain how Psychic/Flying makes more sense than Water/Flying or even just pure Flying.

Not one of its Pokédex entries mentions psychic ability. At best there's a "its powers are too strong", which combined with its other entries feels less like "it's a super-strong psychic" and more like "it causes fucking hurricanes by accident."

And on the subject of learning moves, the strongest Psychic move Lugia learns via level up in Gen II is Future Sight. It learns more Water moves than Psychic moves, but via level up AND via TM/HM. And the latter counts Rest and Dream Eater.
>>
>>26322906
And Bug.
>>
Even the fucking cards use Water for it ocassionally
>>
I guess they didn't want there to be a type (dis)advantage between Ho-Oh and Lugia, but that mentality was clearly thrown out the window for Groudon and Kyogre.
>>
>>26323582
Because it speaks telepathically and the pokemon company says it is. I more likely to trust their word over some dumbass autist on the internet.
>>
>>26322098
The only reason Lugia is associated with water is because water connotes serentiy, calm and that stuff. Lugia, in terms of its design, is supposed to be considerate and what have you so it sent itself to a cold, calm, tranquil, deep place. Because stacking metaphors to explain the idea works best by just saying 'water', since it universally symbolises everything they wanted Lugia to represent... Within the Johto folklore, not as Lugia itself.
>>
>>26323626

You realize non-psychic Pokemon also speak telepathically right?
>>
>>26323492

If Slowbro lived inside a volcano, was called the Burning Pokemon, and was referred to as King of Flames, then yes, it should be Fire type.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.