[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /VP/ trying to take my mind off of Sun and Moon, seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (137KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
137KB, 640x1136px
Hey /VP/ trying to take my mind off of Sun and Moon, seriously don't want any spoilers.... So! What Gym Leader has blown you back the most amount of times?

>Pic Related - He's fucking difficult
>>
>>26318592
Sorry kid, this board is 18+ only.
>>
>>26318592
Fantina in Platinum nuzlockes.
That Mismagius is the best.
>>
>>26318664
I was just thinking about Faulkner with a chikorita....
>>
>>26318592
If you don't pick mudkip, which why wouldn't you
>>
>>26318752
I don't always run through my games with the best Pokemon possible. Just a casual player here.
>>
>>26318799
Ironically enough, the hardcore players don't do that either, and put themselves under all kinds of arbitrary restrictions just to get a challenge.

I tried that a couple of times. It wasn't very fun.
>>
>>26318799

To be fair, picking Torchic also means that Magenton is fucking screwed.
>>
>>26319164
Yeah man, I tried a mono flying type run through Y and it wasn't very fun. It's just fun to run through with whatever you want. Pick up and drop off Pokemon as you please.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 342x192px
Only gym leader I lost to in my most recent replay of Platinum.
>>
>>26319212
I mean, I understand to an extent. Monotype I can take. I did a mono grass in SS and it was actually kind of fun to be that limited, I had a Drain Punch Vileplume at one point.

Nuzlockes and such are definitely not my thing, though. I draw the line there and when playing a brand new game. When XY came out I remember people talking about nuzlocking or monotyping it.
Not knocking on the idea, you do as you please, but a new gen is always best enjoyed on a casual playthrough in my eyes.

Oh, and on topic, a lot of the Hoenn gym leaders can be a pain, from what I remember as a kid. Especially in Emerald. Brawly, Wattson, Norman, and Tate and Liza especially.
The later mostly because dark types were ass in Gen 3.
>>
>>26319358
I completely agree. Maybe I just like to take my time and not burst through the game. Competitive isn't really my thing either.... Oh well, forever casual.

>I've never ever played through Gen V, always stop at the trio
>>
>>26318752
If you picked Treeko then nothing but sonicboom is a threat. If you pick Torchic, you should have enough power to bruteforce him, especially with double kick on Magneton.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.