[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where have all the wolves gone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: where.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
where.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
You've think after 20 years and all the things that have been turned into Pokemon, we would have had at least one based on a wolf by now. they are one of the most common animals to come to mind when creating some fictional beast that is based on something that actually exists, and yet there has never been a Pokemon based on one.

I mean, they have made a Pokemon out of just about everything else that is common (and many things that are far more obscure) at this point. We have several foxes, dozens of felines, even some based on domesticated breeds of dogs such as a Yorkshire Terrier and a Poodle..... hell, even some of them are even based on more obscure animals that actually exist such as Sudowoodu's appearance being based on an actual type of insect, we even have Pokemon based on objects like ice cream cones, keyrings, and even a literal bag of garbage... but none based on something as common as a wolf.

I used to think Lucario was the wolf-based Pokemon, until I realized it was clearly based on Anubis/a jackal. The only other thing that comes close is Manectric, but it's pre-evolution looks more like a reptile than a canine, and while it's evolved form does look like a canine, it doesn't really look much like a wolf. It has been suggested that due to it's appearance and name, it is likely based on a Maned Wolf... which despite the name it not a wolf but closer to a coyote.

Which brings me back to my original point, how come after all this time one of the most obvious choices has been glossed over for 20 years when other animal species have had several pokemon based on them?

I think with Sun and Moon it is an especially big missed opportunity, since the Sun legendary is a jungle cat it would have been a perfect opportunity to make it's rival and the Moon legendary based on a wolf. And no, NOT because of that silly Moon Moon theme, but due to there not being any wolf Pokemon in existence and how wolves tend to be associated with the moon.
>>
>>26313438
>wolfaboos
>>
>>26313438
>I used to think Lucario was the wolf-based Pokemon, until I realized it was clearly based on Anubis/a jackal.
Anubis is a wolf, genius.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_golden_wolf#In_folklore
Pretty sure that makes Lucario a wolf
>>
>>26313438
So basically you want a new wolf-mon so you can jack off to it?
>>
>>26313695
kek
>>
>>26313560

Anubis was considered a Jackal for nearly a century, he was only recently reclassified as an African Golden Wolf sometime mid-2015, Lucario was revealed in 2006, nearly a decade BEFORE archeologists realized Anubis was not a jackal.

Pretty sure that makes Lucario a jackal, since it was designed when Anubis was still thought to be one..... genius.
>>
>>26313713
Fair enough. I just like to be pedantic.
>>
>>26313695

Neither like nor hate wolves, not like you are going to believe that though I'm sure, I just think it's odd how one of the most obvious choices has been passed over for 20 years while all sorts of obscure choices have made it in.

Especially with one of the latest games having a moon theme and it's rival with a sun theme being a feline.
>>
>>26313695
>>26313748

Also...... to be honest, I really hate that bat's design. Though I wondered why there were no wolf-based pokemon before that ridiculous looking thing was revealed.
>>
>>26313771
I always thought suicune was partly based on a wolf.
>>
File: gd1.jpg (420KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gd1.jpg
420KB, 1280x720px
>>26313835

Suicune looks a lot more like it's just a type dog than a wolf. Although I never realized how ridiculously huge it was until I got Pokken, that thing almost looks like a damn horse at that size.

Pokedex says Blaziken is supposed to be 6 foot 3.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.