[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 20

File: 6sIEknE.jpg (51KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
6sIEknE.jpg
51KB, 400x480px
Question for you lot: which was the better game? XY or ORAS?
>>
XY was better. Anyone who disagrees is just a contrarian.
>>
>>26298210
Seeing as my favorite old game was original rs, I absolutely loved oras. Xy I wasn't big on.
>>
>>26298210
XY. They fucked up ORAS with the Rayquaza shitquest and less postgame than Emerald.
>>
>>26298210
XY was my first pokemon game, liked ORAS better.
>>
oras
>>
Both were terrible.
>>
Oras. Hoenn baby checking in well worth the wait just to hear the updated littleroot theme :,)
>>
>>26298210
I personally liked OR/AS more because waifu bias. Both were fine games though.
>>
"Better" and "best" are words devoid of meaning.

ORAS has more features, better music, a cozier region.

Kalos is a prettier region, but lacks exploration, but has more mons available.

XY has Friend Safari, ORAS has Dex Nav.

ORAS has Masuda compositions, which are snappier and more memorable, while Kageyama's music feels more modern but lacking in heart.

Form your own damn opinion, and play the games. Stop asking to have opinions fed to you by the mama bird.
>>
France sucks
>>
>>26298210
SM
>>
>>26298292
This, but ORAS was better if only because RS were already good games.
>>26298258
That's not contrarian. Contrarian is calling Platinum, or BW2 shit.
>>
>>26298210

ORAS.
>>
ORAS is the game that made me doubt if I should still bother with this franchise.
>>
>>26298314
>implying the clusterfuck Kalos Dex was a good thing with a region that was so small
>implying the Friend Safari was actually good
But yeah, faggots need to actually play the games and form their own opinions.
>>
>being able to sneak up on pokemon
>no fucking heelys permenantly equipped to the circle pad

oras for sure, even though they fucked up with missed opportunities to make the water routes toward the end of the game more enjoyable.
>>
>>26298418
Then stop playing it. The best pokemon games that game freak has ever made . It won't get any better than that
>>
>>26298473
Wew lad
>>
>>26298210
ORAS.
ORAS was a good game in which the main fault is in that it could have been much, much, much more.
XY was just bad.
>>
>>26298302
>waifu bias
>implying you couldnt create your own waifu in XY
>>
>>26298210
ORAS was the better game but also the bigger disappointment. RSE are better than XY which makes ORAS better than XY, but ORAS was still a lot worse than RSE for reasons we've discussed thousands of times on this board.
>>
>choosing between a game created for genwunners and furries
>or a game created for hoennbabies
>>
The last decent pokemon games were B2/W2
>>
>>26298314
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this, almost 100%.

>ORAS has Masuda compositions, which are snappier and more memorable, while Kageyama's music feels more modern but lacking in heart.

This fucking right here sums up my exact thoughts on the old music versus the new.
>>
>>26298426
>implying the clusterfuck Kalos Dex was a good thing with a region that was so small

Unless you're trying to catch them all, in the one game, it's not an issue. There's this thing called Pokemon Bank, you might have heard of it.

ORAS' monster variety comes form the legendaries. That's really pathetic.

Kalos has so many damn mons to surprise you with their presence, and it makes the small region feel richer.

I'm more than implying Friend Safari was good. Hidden Abilities, high shiny rate, no shitty minigame mechanics or having to wait for howevermany days.

Do you enjoy fighting Wingul and Zigzagoon for the hundredth time?
>>
>>26298572

kageyama's route 10 in isshu has more heart than anything masuda has ever composed

also masuda doesn't make all the music
>>
>>26298529

how was XY for furries?
>>
>>26298633
It's not. Anon's just projecting onto whoever they can find.

Lucario is gifted to the player and has a statue in the game. Clearly it's because Masuda wants to raise a generation of yiffers.

Folks forget that the Lucario movie was fucking good, did well at the box office, and has consistently sold merchandise since 2007.
>>
>>26298633
Fenniken/Braixen/Delphox :3
>>
XY
>>
>>26298631
You gotta be kidding me.

That said, I enjoyed a lot of the tunes from XY, and found the new arrangements in ORAS not doing justice to the originals, bar a couple exceptions.
>>
>>26298473
lol
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 340x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 340x476px
>>26298511
>implying GF would give you enough customization options to create this qt
>>
>>26298314
>"Better" and "best" are words devoid of meaning.
>better music
>>
XY soundtrack = best soundtrack for me

So yeah, I like Hoenn, but XY was more fresh obviously. So I pick XY.
>>
>>26298314
You literally listened things that makes ORAS does better without giving equal compensation for XY.
>>
>>26298210

They're both decent at best. XY has shit pacing right after the 3rd gym and ORAS is just one big bundle of wasted potential and disappointment.

Theorically, ORAS is better because it has more megas, but I prefer XY.
>>
>>26299207
Well, that speaks in part to XY, since some of them aren't listed as pros/cons so much as they are 'things which are like'

Some prefer the aesthetics of Kalos. Some prefer Friend Safaris. Some prefer the less jingly music.
>>
File: 1408451771416.gif (110KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
1408451771416.gif
110KB, 209x193px
XY let me dress the girl protag like a slut.

So that.
>>
>>26298210
ORAS cause I'm a hoenn-babby (or at least was, until Alola comes out).

I love the tropics.
>>
>>26299136
>goes on to explain preference
>giving the word meaning
>>
File: 1436561539139.png (120KB, 368x298px) Image search: [Google]
1436561539139.png
120KB, 368x298px
>>26298691
>anything Ashnime
>good
>>
>>26298609
>Pokémon Bank
I only use it for transferring over Pokémon from Gen V.
>Kalos has so many damn mons to surprise you with their presence, and it makes the small region feel richer.
It really makes the small region feel richer when I want to find something specific only to run into one of the 6 other mons on the route a million times.
>I'm more than implying Friend Safari was good. Hidden Abilities, high shiny rate, no shitty minigame mechanics or having to wait for howevermany days.
The problem is your friends need to also be online at the same time as you for hidden abilities, which is almost as bad as retarded wait times.
>Do you enjoy fighting Wingul and Zigzagoon for the hundredth time?
Never really had a problem with that, so no I guess.
>>
ORAS because it wasn't as easy, and it has semi okay music.
>>
>>26298210

ORAS

There's only so much you can do to RS to make it bad without making it an entirely different plotline.

Meanwhile, XY was like the anti-HGSS in the sense that the evil team made no sense AND all the bells and whistles were either pointless or annoying. Rollerskates being non-optional, Gogoat riding being limited, there's fucking nothing in the desert, the cafes exist solely to have people describe pokemon to you and they are in every goddamn town, none of the characters play any important role apart from you, the Professor is annoying, the rivals are literally jokes, the gym leaders are forgettable apart from the fighting one, the E4 moreso, the chapion is neither interesting nor tough, Friend Safari is limited to an absurdly small amount of pokemon, the locations are linear as fuck and my god the music does nothing for me.

This isn't even getting into the design flaws, pointless routes, the lack of any amusing postgame (fuck you mind control), the way none of the goddamn admins are named or expanded on, the first actually awful ice route, and the absurd hyperlevelling.

In short ORAS faults were limited by the strength of the original games, and I did dislike the loss of the battle frontier. Meanwhile, XY was meant to push great new ideas ahead, and all it did was make less likeable characters and locations than FFXIII, in which the most tolerable character is a dudebro trying to save the world on a motorbike.
>>
>>26298210
XY tried to be something new, but fell short due to "first game" syndrome (Example: RS, DP, BW1, etc.).
ORAS could have been so much more, but instead went for blind nostalgia pandering.
>>
>>26299886
This so much.
>>
File: 1459928041715.png (73KB, 285x266px) Image search: [Google]
1459928041715.png
73KB, 285x266px
>>26298473
>>
>>26298210
I just realized something.
>coniferous trees
>tropical climate
Dammit gamefreak learn from geography.
>>
>>26298314
>better music
le farting trumpets faec
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
XY actually tried. ORAS was just a rushjob to make bank on all the retarded Hoennfags begging for a remake.
>>
>>26298505
This. I'd rate it below Emerald but still in a generally high tier. Not so for XY.

>>26298631
This is also true. He nailed Unova's music but fucked up hard in Kalos.

>>26298609
Made it feel cluttered to me. And trying to hard with the number if mins in a way that doesn't feel particularly interesting. I'm hoping SM doesn't have a Dex more than 300.

>>26299886
Capped for 10/10 post. Though Id also say ORAS is an anti-HGSS
>>
>>26298210
ORAS were better because they were remakes of RS, which were already better than XY.
>>
>>26299833
>The problem is your friends need to also be online at the same time as you for hidden abilities, which is almost as bad as retarded wait times.

That's false. Your friend has to be online and have beaten the E4 in order to unlock HAs and the third slot, respectively. After one instance, you don't need them. It raises the chances, but it's not needed.

I have one or two friends online at any given time, none of them playing X or Y, and yet I still am able to get the HAs perfectly fine. I'm literally doing it right now.

>>26299563
Nice meme.

I'll admit, I went in with low expectations, but it's held up even when rewatching. It does lots of things differently from the other films, namely, it doesn't have a human antagonist.

It's also the only time a Pokemon dies on screen, and it's just sappy enough to work.

Plus, it was the last thing the 4Kids dubbers worked on, and for the veteran actors, you can really tell they're giving it their all.
>>
ORAS was much more enjoyable despite it's flaws.
>>
>>26301527
If I wasn't so lazy I would try to make an actually good version of this image that wasn't full of nitpicks, just because I'm so sick of it being posted (though I'm not defending ORAS).
>>
File: YeWQv0x.gif (1MB, 206x202px) Image search: [Google]
YeWQv0x.gif
1MB, 206x202px
>>26301527
I love this list, because despite a good bit of it being opinions or stupid complaints, people still use it.
>>
>>26301492
>the dominance of a specific instrument is inherently bad
>>
>>26298284
How old are you?

OrAs was better only Thing XY did better was 2 starters and trainer customisation but OrAs was an update not a remake so I wasn't expecting either.
>>
>>26298210
ORAS was a blast. If it had the Battle Frontier it'd be the GOAT Pokemon game
>>
>>26298210
oras is better for breeding and being a competitive fag. XY was better in the actual game but was too easy and shittier than the other games
>>
>>26298210
ORAS.
Far more content and the overworld was a lot more vibrant. It was also filled to the brim with lore and the mega stones weren't version exclusive.
>>
>>26301546
>Though Id also say ORAS is an anti-HGSS

>Very little gimmicks
>isn't a direct rehash
>Story changes in a fairly significant way
Yeah I agree.
>>
>>26301782
What's with this constant assumption that someone who's never played a Pokemon game before is automatically under 18? I've never played Morrowind and I'm 32, does that make me underage?
>>
>>26302337
That's the /vp/ poseur thing.
You're a kid if your first game was anything after gen 3.

Thing is most people on /vp/ now probably started with gen 4.
>>
>>26302301
None of those are true lol. Plastering Primals and Megas on the previous story isn't a significant change. The characters are more fleshed out but that's it.

The game actively avoided thingsbthat would have made it better in an effort to be a rehash of RS.

I can't even say this bait was a nice try
>>
>>26302825
Not the same anon, but your reasoning is deeply flawed.

It always goes back to 'just RS' for you idiots.

The changes to the story, to you, are meaningless. Perhaps the story never meant anything to you in the first place, then?

HGSS changed a few tiny events. ORAS changed the entire mythos of the series and the Hoenn region.
>>
>>26298284

>XY

>first game

you must be 18 years of age or older to post on 4chan
>>
>>26302825
>The game actively avoided thingsbthat would have made it better in an effort to be a rehash of RS.
How so?
By changing the total layout of Mauville?
By changing the legend in RSE?
By changing the abandoned ship to Sea Mauville and adding lore to it?
By giving Maxie and Archie a real reason?
By changing the Trick Master's puzzles?

You didn't even play ORAS did you?

Anyway, fact of the matter is of all the remakes thus far ORAS is the one that isn't a total rehash because it added significant changes to the world and characters whereas with the previous two they just gave the original game a graphics update and slapped things onto the side.

If you want to look at games that actively avoided things that prevented it from being a rehash just look at FR/LG. It's so bad that you can't even evolve pokemon with cross gen evos in the main game.
>>
>>26302994
By deciding to be a remake of objectively worse games. What you said is valid but again, updating the characters and lore is different from updating the story, which is generally the same.

And at the same time, HGSS also added new character interactions, motivations, locations and events, and ORAS also had a lot of gimmicks and tried too hard to be the games it was being remade from. It tired even harder than HGSS to me.

I'm not particularly saying ORAS did nothing good on this front, but the couple people on /VP/ that insist on insulting HGSS to do it annoy me because they pretty much do the same thing.

I mean, after playing both I vastly prefer HGSS as a remake so we probably just won't agree in the end.
>>
>>26298210
XY 100%

XY is kind of mediocre, but ORAS is shit.
>>
OR/AS is a better game, but because emerald exists there is no reason to play them

X/Y are unique so they have that
>>
File: Pokeball.png (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Pokeball.png
5KB, 150x150px
>>26298572
a..fucking...men
>>
File: 1460412561555.jpg (40KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
1460412561555.jpg
40KB, 498x306px
>>26298210
XY.
RSE was not made for 3D. The region just feels janky and dull compared to Kalos.

I was disappointed on so many levels with ORAS. RSE was my shit and ORAS just felt like it lacked the soul RSE had. More importantly, there was a distinct lack of cozy trumpets and as anyone will point out, no battle frontier..

ORAS had a lot going for it, in its defense. Character development of previously literal 2D characters. I actually felt something for Archie/Maxie and Wally. Compared to the XY "rivals" ORAS delvered in this regard. But its no HG/SS Silver/Geo. Delta Episode was neat but would be a million times better with the old Sky Pillar and the story at the top pre Zinna battle. Horde Trainers were useless too. Among other nitpicks I have.

I wont say ORAS is bad but it's lacking the meat of RSE and replaced it with fluff. Good fluff, but still fluff. I guess it's because of that it hurt me a bit where as XY was just "yeah that's ok."
>>
>>26303244
>updating the characters and lore is different from updating the story
You are aware that there's a difference between progression and story right?
The progression of ORAS is the same as RSE yes, but several story elements have changed such as Maxie and Archie's motivation, what they were using the meteorite for, how you meet Steven and so on.
Even the inclusion of Zinnia is a fairly large change because it elaborates on how Maxie and Archie knew of Groudon and Kyogre to begin with.

>HGSS also added new character interactions, motivations, locations and events
You seem to be overstating the additions there. The only thing in that regard that was changed was the Suicune sidequest, the names of the admins and that the legendary of the respective game was a mandatory encounter. The extra areas in Johto were just tacked onto the sides like the extra routes leading up to the Safari Zone and the Pokeathelon.
In Kanto they just readded areas that should have been there to begin with.
The game was mostly the same in terms of character development and layout. Very little changed from Crystal to HG/SS that wasn't a gimmick or cameo.

>and ORAS also had a lot of gimmicks and tried too hard to be the games it was being remade from.
It doesn't work like that anon, you can't have changes and still try too hard to be the game it was remade from.
As for the gimmicks there's a difference between a feature and a gimmick. I mean you can't place things like the dex nav and following pokemon on the same level.

>It tired even harder than HGSS to me
As I said above, HGSS had less changes to it than ORAS.
Arguably FR/LG too because of that brief stint on the Islands after Cinnabar. HGSS was more or less just a graphical upgrade as opposed to anything significant.

>but the couple people on /VP/ that insist on insulting HGSS to do it annoy me
I didn't even mention HGSS and instead said FR/LG. If you feel like you're being targeted it's most likely your own fault as it is here.
>>
>>26303661
Before I respond, I should say that this conversation only started because someone compared ORAS to HGSS in the way I described. I don't think I'm being targeted but there's definitely anons who need to shit on HGSS to compliment ORAS
>>
>>26303701
>I should say that this conversation only started because someone compared ORAS to HGSS in the way I described.
You do realize if you hadn't made the "anti-HG/SS" remark in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation right?
If you didn't intend to do so that's still inciting an argument between the fans of the two games.
>>
>>26303701
>but there's definitely anons who need to shit on HGSS to compliment ORAS
You did the exact opposite for HG/SS here retard >>26301546
>Though Id also say ORAS is an anti-HGSS
Especially since the anon you replied to used anti-HG/SS in a negative context.
And as usual it was someone who mashed through X and Y

Of course you're going to get people shitting on HG/SS if you do crap like that.

I think the worst part is that you didn't even try to elaborate as to WHY you think that like everyone else does for their respective game. Even the sinnoh kids do that.
>>
>>26298210
In my book, XY is forgiven many things because it was the first on the 3DS, same reason I forgive D/P for being slow, clunky and having strange Pokemon distribution, which was remedied in Platinum.

However, ORAS cannot be forgiven for repeating the same mistakes. It could have tweaked the engine, it could have added post-game, it could have kept a bare minimum of player customization and the Safari Zone was a joke.

Therefore, XY.
>>
>>26298631
Y'know, that route always rubbed me as phony. Like, it was trying to hard to say "you've done so well, you're on the final path", but without the same vigour as Kanto's Route 26.
>>
>>26298210
That picture is literally cherry picking. ORAS looked like shit.
>>
>>26303661
And also, this is the sort of thing I'm not a fan of. Overplaying ORAS and downplaying HGSS. For what purpose? Stuff like the adjectives you use are hard to ignore. Using "gimmick and tacked on" to describe HGSS and "feature and addition" to describe ORAS.

If you're talking about a different progression, how is ORAS different from adding the new moments with Whitney in the Radio Tower and Pokeathelon Dome, Lyra interacting with the character and being the Daycare Couple's child or the Kimono Girls appearing throughout the region? You mentioned it added stuff that was removed from Crystal like Viridian Forest. So its a place that was changed in the remake. How is that described negatively but the changed locations in ORAS described positively, even when they were generally simplified?

I played Emerald and played ORAS right after and

>>26303752
I didn't mean this thread specifically, but in general. In this thread I was just saying it'd be better to compare HGSS to ORAS rather than XY because they're both remakes
>>
Actually, HGSS are the best games EVER.

Looking forward to SuMo
>>
>>26303824
>It could have tweaked the engine
It's not the engine that's the issue, it's the high polycount of the models that made it drop frames.
If they wanted to fix that issue it would require them the rehaul all 720+ models as well as some overworld assets.

It was completely unreasonable for them to fix that issue and it probably won't be fixed when it comes to S&M either.

>it could have added post-game
To be fair, the game as a whole had a lot of replayable content within the main game, arbitrarily picking out the postgame has always been a confusing complaint to me because of that.
I mean, if all of BW2s content was accessible in the main game would people complain about it lacking content?

>it could have kept a bare minimum of player customization
It's a remake.

> the Safari Zone was a joke.
You can blame HG/SS for that, the dislike for that version was pretty heavy. But the Safari Zone was always a tedious joke and many people were happy to see it go.
>>
>>26303814
Right above that I said that ORAS are high tier games. Literally the same comment.
>>
Definitely ORAS but it wasn't as good as it should have been
>>
>>26303894
Fuck I forgot to elaborate on my last point. But I played both at pretty much the same time and while it does many things to set itself apart, it also did many things to stick too close to the originals. Like Tate and Lisa having only two Pokemon, taking out the extra over world double battles, the square puddles, etc.
>>
ORAS did all the 3D stuff you wanted to see better. Its also based on a better gen.
>>
>>26298258
when did 'contrarian' become the new buzzword? what did i miss?
>>
>>26303905
Most of BW2's replayable content is available in the main game. The post game adds to the places. The only pure post game places there are Black City.
>>
>>26303991
I think it's just insular bubblespeak.
>>
>>26304004
Seems like a good time to ask this. I played black version a while back but never played bw2. Are they worth playing through? Do they feel like actual sequels or just glorified third versions?
>>
>>26304054
Definitely sequels. It talks about the previous game and continues off that story directly. You can link the games and get additional story elements. A lot of towns have something new to do in it and there's more new places than HGSS. I find them to be the best games in the franchise.
>>
>>26301527
>no mega flygon
hurt me the most desu. i hope we get it with MS
>>
>>26304079
Damn that's great. I'll get on it soon. Oh one more thing. Since I played black should I get white 2? Like since it seems to continue with whatever you chose.
>>
>>26304152
It shouldn't matter, I think. Though I do have both Black and Black 2.

Bear in mind some people don't like Black 2, but they generally don't like Gen V so it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: 1420923960366.png (694KB, 1092x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1420923960366.png
694KB, 1092x1836px
>>26301527
>>
>>26304152
If you played Black you should get Black 2, and vice versa.
>>
ORAS was a lot of dicking around in water. Shit was annoying
>>
File: goomba.png (16KB, 145x87px) Image search: [Google]
goomba.png
16KB, 145x87px
I started the series with Sapphire, so because of nostalgia obviously I love ORAS. Don't really look back on XY fondly.

ORAS also gave Team Aqua and Magma the personality that both their original incarnations and Team Flare lack. Having the evil team be entertaining to listen to is important to me.

Plus, the leaders' battle theme kicks ass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv7ZGS3Nkbo
>>
>>26303894
>Using "gimmick and tacked on" to describe HGSS and "feature and addition" to describe ORAS.
Because the difference between a feature and gimmick is the depth behind it.
The Pokeathelon was extremely flat as far as the depth goes, it was just feed your Pokemon aprijuice and scratch the screen to win.
Contests however had a bit more depth especially because of jamming moves, combos, the nervous effect etc it required more forethought from the player.
Get what I'm trying to say here? In ORAS they felt full and mechanically complete (bar the lack of online in contests)
It's the same with the rest of them.
Secret bases kept their original features in addition to recruiting player NPCs that had join avenue-like elements while the trainer house had the Exp and money gain removed in HG/SS while attaching it to the Pokewalker as opposed to general communications.
The Dex Nav giving several benefits to players such as egg moves and IVs without breeding as well as a sneaking mechanic, while following Pokemon didn't do much for the player out side of amassing contest decorations which were only used for photos in that game and locking the final trainer card upgrade behind slight RNG.
I could go on but you get the point.
As for tacked on routes, they literally just slapped on the extra routes on the left most side of the map and cracked a wall open in Cianwood City and placed the pokeathlon in the gate out of Goldenrod.

>how is ORAS different from adding the new moments with Whitney in the Radio Tower and Pokeathelon Dome, Lyra interacting with the character and being the Daycare Couple's child or the Kimono Girls appearing throughout the region?
For one, they weren't exactly relevant to the story or gave very little character development. As for the Kimono girls they felt very, odd, they were guardians of the bell tower/whirl islands or such but weren't shown as competent.
It just seems as if little thought was put into them.

Cont.
>>
>>26298210
>What makes the difference between someone bad at sex vs someone good?
Enthusiasm.
Confidence (aka not giving a shit if you do something awkward and looking foolish).
Be willing to change up based on your partners request/reactions.
Paying attention enough to read your partner's non-verbal cues.
Focusing on tactile situation instead of looking good for a porn camera.
Knowing enough about anatomy to realize jackhammering doesn't feel as good as gentle circles around that glans.
Not being genital focused, but engaging the entirety of the sensory organ known as "skin" by rubbing/massaging all over.
Using lots of foreplay and lots of lube.
Remembering aftercare is just as important as foreplay.
Remembering you're not finished it your partner is fully satisfied.
Remembering that your hands are the most versatile tool in pleasing genitals, and your tongue is pretty nice too.
>>
>>26304228
>>26304310
Alright thanks anons.
>>
File: lookin at u.png (25KB, 147x131px) Image search: [Google]
lookin at u.png
25KB, 147x131px
>>26304359
Also, I want to say that I think trying to determine which game is "better" is kind of silly. At the end of the day, both are just fucking Pokemon. It all comes down to what people think of the trappings surrounding the same basic premise all of us enjoy.

Sure I don't like XY very much, but that's just my opinion, man. Plenty of other people enjoy it way more than ORAS and they're not wrong for seeing something in it that I don't. It's all just preference.
>>
I really feel like we needed a Z. Platinum did so much good to make Gen 4 one of my favorites. Like keeping the story relatively the same but have it be like emerald and cause half of kalos to overgrow with life and the other half die off and zygrade coming to restore everything to normal kb balance. Would have been cool as shit.
>>
>>26298210
ORAS was definitely more fun but it was still pretty mediocre.
S/M w-will save the franchise though right guys?
Yes I understand that pokemon games sell like hotcakes but that doesn't stop them from being casualised garbage.
>>
File: ORAS thruth.png (198KB, 1234x680px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS thruth.png
198KB, 1234x680px
I completly agree with pic related opinion.
>>
>>26304536
Pokemon's never not been "casualised garbage." As far as I can tell people have this false perception of the difficulty of the earlier games because they were children. The earlier games were still very easy, relaxed RPGs.

I won't argue that they've gotten easier, because obviously they have, but when they were never hard to begin with I hesitate to say that that's even important.

..Unless you're not referring to the difficulty, in which case I don't even know what you mean.
>>
>>26303894
>You mentioned it added stuff that was removed from Crystal like Viridian Forest. So its a place that was changed in the remake. How is that described negatively but the changed locations in ORAS described positively, even when they were generally simplified?
About the areas in Kanto, they were just the same old areas and layouts seen in previous Kanto games just given a graphical update and put into HG/SS. Yes they were new to those games but the actual areas aren't anything new or added anything new to the world.

When it comes to ORAS only Sky Pillar, Granite Cave, Sea Mauville and the Trick House were simplified and even then it was done because it had story or world building relevance, the Trick House wasn't simplified exactly as much as they didn't add as many puzzles but they gave the player new puzzles to deal with as opposed to being rehashed from the older game like the Alph Puzzles in HG/SS, which if I remember right were simplified as well.
Then there was Mauville that was given a design to incorporate several features and elements seen across the generations like inverse battles, battle tests etc. in an easy to navigate area.

While writing this I remembered that New Mauville was heavily simplified, that's one that I can't say anything for and I find acceptable.

>Like Tate and Lisa having only two Pokemon, taking out the extra over world double battles, the square puddles, etc.
That's not particularly a surprise to remakes seeing as both of the previous remakes did the same but you do have a point there, that said ORAS does get points for changing the Wally and the E4's team. The over world double battles haven't been present within the games for years however and I feel would be a little janky so to speak with the player character snapping back to the grid if you were off of it.

Anyway to sum things up, HG/SS is certainly more visually pleasing but it was less of a game changer than ORAS story and layout wise.
>>
>>26304281
Huh, someone actually saved my edit. I totally forgot about New Mauville though.

Man, the laptop I made that on is dead now.
>>
>>26304610
he's referring to the difficulty in social acceptability
>>
>>26304683
What difficulty?
It's Pokemon, it's about as accepted as Call of Duty.
>>
X/Y 100%. In ORAS if felt like you couldn't go 5 steps into any new town or route without Steven/Rival showing up and giving you something/teleporting you somewhere. The loss of rollerskates for some sneaking mechanic made the game feel slower as well, the circle pad controls in ORAS were disgusting as a whole. Plus the framerate drops weren't fixed and R/S/E's music was butchered.

And of course, ORAS is also responsible for the shitfest that is Primals, Mega Salamence and Mega Rayquaza. Even if ORAS was a solid 9/10, Delta episode would bring it down to 2/10.
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (611KB, 1092x1248px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
611KB, 1092x1248px
>>26304281
>a bad safari zone is somehow worse than no safari zone
>a kiddy minesweeper is somehow worse than nothing
>B-BUT MUH COINS WHEN I CAN EASILY JUST TRADE FOR THE POKEMON ANYWAY
>MUH POOR LEVEL SCALING EVEN THOUGH IN ORAS YOU END UP OVERLEVELED TO THE POINT WHERE THE SLIGHTLY BUFFED GYM LEADERS DON'T EVEN MATTER
>a tedious physical feature is somehow worse than nothing
>a feature that does the same fucking thing as breeding is somehow good
>b-b-b-but the AI even though they would have made the AI the same if they remade the battle frontier

this image is bullshit. the untainted version is better.
>>
>>26304733
How to spot someone that hasn't played ORAS.
>>
>>26304733
I can agree to an extent on ORAS music. Its not bad by any means imo but I feel they tried to hard to keep the feel of the original tracks that it failed. Like the tracks that were more say "experimental" trumped the rest that tried to be faithful. Like the Magma/Aqua leader battle theme is 10/10.
>>
>>26304788
this

Emerald and B2/W2 are my favorites,I literally don't understand how people defend OR/AS. The best explanation I can come up with is post purchase rationalization
>>
>>26304788
>>a bad safari zone is somehow worse than no safari zone
It is especially when the bad one forces unnecessary tedium on the player while the other lets the player play how they want.

>>a kiddy minesweeper is somehow worse than nothing
Yes especially when they remove the ability to bypass the minigame forcing you into playing the game.

>>MUH POOR LEVEL SCALING EVEN THOUGH IN ORAS YOU END UP OVERLEVELED TO THE POINT WHERE THE SLIGHTLY BUFFED GYM LEADERS DON'T EVEN MATTER
Stop using the Exp Share, unless you grind you won't be overlevelled.

>>a tedious physical feature is somehow worse than nothing
A piece of plastic with no use to the player that only jacks up the price of physical versions is better than nothing that keeps the game at a normal price?
Could have fooled me.

>>a feature that does the same fucking thing as breeding is somehow good
You mean a feature that cuts out a large chunk of breeding time and essentially jump starts the process.

>>b-b-b-but the AI even though they would have made the AI the same if they remade the battle frontier
You are aware that it's still better than HG/SS's and Emerald's right?
You could go into objective content but then people like you would cry
>M-MUH IMAGINARY REPLAYABILITY!

Please post the better version of that image next time, that one is heavily biased and subjective.
>>
>>26304868
I can defend ORAS as far as saying that they are not bad games in any way. Just vastly inferior to its predecessors.
>>
>>26304708
That what he means. It used to be ostracizing. Now it's casual
>>
>>26304901
I can respect that, what I can't respect is telling others to purchase OR/AS over emulating emerald

poor fucks are getting robbed
>>
>>26304868
>I literally don't understand how people defend OR/AS.
Because they enjoyed the games?
Because they liked the additions and improvements?
Because they hated the fuck out of the gimmicks and useless shit before?

Come on, it's not that hard to see the reason behind it.
ORAS have the least tedium and bullshit of the games yet people fail to see that. Basically it treats itself like a game instead of a cheap toy.
>>
>>26304904
It was always casual both in challenge and social acceptance.
>>
X/Y. I'll keep it short, some of my most fond memories of Ruby were making pokeblocks with my friends, doing contests, exploring Sky Pillar later on and doing the bike challenge to reach Rayquaza and catching the Regis. I never actually played Emerald so I didn't get to try the battle frontier.

Needless to say, ORAS was a big dissapointment to me. Especially after FRLG and HGSS were so fantastic.
>>
>>26298210
ORAS.
It has legendaries to get, secret bases, the delta episode (despite how lackluster it is), and the dexnav. Plus it looks slightly more polished.

XY has a few legends, the Battle Maison, and the Chateau.

Gen 6 as a whole is horrible and I am glad Sun and Moon are wiping it out.
>>
>>26301527
Over half this list is just some 9gag pussy whining about what he didn't personally get in the game. Why are people still using it?
>>
>>26304951
>Why are people still using it?
Shitposting.
Why else?
>>
ORAS is better. Objectively it has the same features as XY and the story is better. It only lacks customization.
>>
>>26304788
>>a tedious physical feature is somehow worse than nothing
It's not that it's tedious but that it does fuck all for the player, you can catch all of those Pokemon in game and special Pokemon were locked behind event courses.

Also the Pokewalker was literally a re purposed activity meter.
>>
>>26304368
You can't count Contests as an addition because it was in Emerald.

I still don't get your insistence to say "slapped on" to turn the additional routes into a negative, compared to ORAS' no new locations. I don't really count the Mirage Islands as significant enough to count but I know others do. It added new locations on the edges because it wanted to be new without significantly changing the geography in the middle of the region.

>weren't relevant to the story
Its LITERALLY the story. The story isn't done in the same way as ORAS but that doesn't mean its not relevant. HGSS' story is about a general adventure than one singular mission.

Not sure why you think Dexnav and Walking Pokemon need to be compared. Its taking "fun little thing" and comparing it to a major feature of the game arbitrarily. I'm certainly not comparing them or saying Dexnav wasn't great.

>>26304612
The thing you don't get is that ORAS has an inherent advantage due to coming out later. Mauville having stuff like the Battle Test and Inverse battles are fine, but are more about the fact that those are just present now and staples of the game rather than anything to do with ORAS as a remake. They just needed a place to put the new atuff that came out between Gens 3 and 6, and since it was a lot, the change was big. HGSS came out at pretty much the beginning of Battle Facilities. All it needed was the Frontier and it got everything. If it came put now it would also have all that stuff, definitely. You snap back to the grid for regular battles anyways, less Double Battles was massively jarring for me as I just came off a game where I could approach every battle in a different way due to the amount of Double Battles I could trigger. And the point is that HGSS copied Crystal when the differences were minor, but in Gen 3 the differences were much greater and so copying the third version seems to be a much more important thing to do and they decided not to, despite the disadvantages.
>>
>>26304878
Both images suck.

When I see an image unable to defend both sides equally I dismiss it
>>
>>26304793
I played it and agree. The "you never liked it so you didn't play it" meme needs to end. Fuck Delta Episode especially
>>
>>26298210
XY is better for sure. ORAS is absolute shit.
>>
I think people are just naturally predisposed to believe new things are bad, and that's where the hate for Gen VI in general comes from.
Psychology is to blame.
>>
>>26305272
>Gen VI hate
Barely even exists. Gen V and IV get much more flak than gen VI, and rightly so.
I didn't even bother finishing the B&W games, they were that shit with the majority of the dex being deviant art tier shitmons.
>>
>>26298210
ORAs. Both were shitty, but at least ORAS dug up the decomposing corpse of Ruby and Sapphire to use as plot. X and Y just had no plot.
>>
>>26305168
>You can't count Contests as an addition because it was in Emerald.
You say that as if it wasn't the return of those specific contests.

>I still don't get your insistence to say "slapped on" to turn the additional routes into a negative
Because there was clearly no thought put into them you can see that in a lot of the areas they put in and especially in the safari zone's design it self seeing as it was a, what, 4x2 grid as opposed to an area resembling one of the safari zones in the past.

>compared to ORAS' no new locations.
You don't have to include those mirage islands but you can't say that ORAS didn't include new locations because they redesigned several areas completely so it was more a case of them being different but retaining the name.
If it makes you feel any better though I believe the mirage islands took just as much effort as the extra areas in HG/SS.

>It added new locations on the edges because it wanted to be new without significantly changing the geography in the middle of the region.
Not an excuse for such laziness.

>Its LITERALLY the story.
Not really. In the case of Whitney it's just a roadblock and a very unnecessary one at that. Lyra doesn't play into anything and isn't relevant at all, you can remove her from the game and it would play out in the exact same way.
>HGSS' story is about a general adventure than one singular mission.
Every game is like that you do realize this right?

>Its taking "fun little thing" and comparing it to a major feature of the game arbitrarily.
"fun little things" shouldn't be in the game if they hinder the player in some form albeit minor it shouldn't be the key to 100%ing the game. Anyway, they were the most comparable features in each game seeing as they're both Pokemon related elements on the overworld.
>>
>>26298210
XY, if only for not ruining my favorite gen
>>
>>26298210
Oras singlehandedly made gen VI sub par.
X&Y were fun but lacked any significant endgame content, but that can be forgiven due to the work that must have went in to making 700+ pokemon in 3D and what not.
Oras had no excuse, it's fucking complete trash.
>>
>>26305410
Do people who hate XY and ORAS come here and talk about the anime or something? What games do you guys even play?
>>
>>26305168
>The thing you don't get is that ORAS has an inherent advantage due to coming out later.
You say that but there's a large amount of features introduced over the year HG/SS neglected to add as well and we all know that the game could have had simple redesigns to incorporate them, but instead GF chose to keep the majority of the game the same as opposed to improving it for the better. Hell, that's what people dislike the most about gen 4 in general.

>And the point is that HGSS copied Crystal when the differences were minor, but in Gen 3 the differences were much greater and so copying the third version seems to be a much more important thing to do and they
That's exactly why they couldn't put them in.
The whole "it's an RS remake" thing might seem like a joke now but what you fail to realise is that Emerald made huge changes to RS to the point that it was it's own experience only sharing a setting with RS.
With HGSS on the other hand, the additions present in Crystal were incredibly minor and didn't change much about anything outside of a few handouts. Story elements were the same, areas were the same, people were the same nearly everything was the same.

Anyway HGSS doesn't really deserve the acclaim you people seem to give it, it did nothing to improve world building or gameplay beyond superficial features that didn't make any impact and even removed smaller mechanics present in GS let alone just Crystal.
>>
File: phoenix-document(a).gif (88KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix-document(a).gif
88KB, 256x192px
>>26299833
>It really makes the small region feel richer when I want to find something specific only to run into one of the 6 other mons on the route a million times.

>>Do you enjoy fighting Wingul and Zigzagoon for the hundredth time?
>Never really had a problem with that, so no I guess.
>>
XY was bad, but it had an excuse, having made the awkward switch to the 3D models.
ORAS was just bad, they didn't even have to do most of the thoughtwork and they still fucked up.
>>
>>26298210
Honestly? Its a tie, both were very fun to me.
>>
>>26298210
XY. ORAS didn't have much new so I found it really boring.
>>
>>26303991
It's a better word than something like hipster taste.
>>
>>26298511
>implying customization allows for the character development that may had in oras
like unironically kill yourself fampai
>>
X/Y was a visually beautiful, cute, and fun Pokémon experience, which brought enough new to the series to keep people hooked.

OR/AS was an abomination that even Hoennbabbies admitted felt empty. Masuda straight up lied about it and it's lacking content, because they knew how bad it was. Entire thing was a mess. I personally suspect they shafted it intentionally to focus on Gen 7.

This isn't even a contest. (And dont even get me started don those)
>>
>>26305314
The Safari Zone being completely different means there was no thought put into it? You dont have to like the new locations but you dont need to treat them that harshly either. Stuff like Embedded Tower connecting lore between the Hoenn and Johto regions, the cave where you can get Hoenn and Sinnoh fossils from rocks or the patch of grass on the waterfall for training purposes are nice.

Outside Sea Mauville and Mauville City I find none of the updated areas to be different enough for me to consider them "new" outside logical graphical updates that come with being in 3D. So in that respect it still did not have much in new locations.

I dont find that to be lazy at all, just the design choice of the region when it comes to adding to it. I could say that changing places instead of adding new ones is lazy but that's just how ORAS did things.

Yes really. The approach to story is different in HGSS than ORAS, definitely. In the latter, the evil team, legendaries and most of the NPC's are involved in one singular plot, while in HGSS, several smaller individual plots happen. Ho-oh's plot isnt the same as Team Rocket's which isnt the same as Silver and Giovanni's. And I prefer it that way. So I'm satisfied that the added interactions centered around a Gym Leader becoming friends with you and wanting to show you something cool, or Lyra getting embarrased that her grandparents ship you.

Walking pokemon hinder the player? What? And ORAS isnt free from gimmicks either. needing 1000 flags in Secret Bases was probably fine on release day, but as someone who got the game late last year it was hell to collect.

cont
>>
>all these people saying OR/AS
It hurts me to know that these people exist. They're the reason Game Freak can so happily serve us dog shit on a cartridge and know people will still buy it.
>>
File: Stealing_First_Base_29.jpg (90KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
Stealing_First_Base_29.jpg
90KB, 624x352px
>>26305756
Not that I think HGSS are perfect. One thing Im mad about is that the overworld wasnt scaled larger in the remake like it was in ORAS, making the region feel smaller than it actually was. Also, no Pokewalker did screw me over.

And this is the comment where I realise that I like HGSS more than ORAS for the same reasons you like ORAS more than HGSS. Which is fine. They're solid games, even if I didnt like them much. They did stuff in ways I did not like at all, especially coming right off Emerald. But that doesnt mean they arent solid. Just in ways that dont appeal to me. I still enjoyed this discussion, even if I disagree a lot on many of your points.

Also, I forgot to reply to a specific point about the Delta Episode you made about Zinnia directing Archie and Maxie. I hated that, as well as the entire Delta Episode. Fuck that and fuck Zinnia.

Anyways, it's 2:50 am and I really should not have stayed up to have this conversation, so I'm out
>>26305272
do people legit think other opinions on these games cant exist?
>>
>This thread almost turned into HGSS vs ORAS all over again
I'm glad people here realised they're both good remakes in their own way. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. At the end of the day, it's all down to personal preference really.
>>
>>26306712
If personal preference means "well made swan song full of content vs rushed abomination that butchered the originals and added fucking nothing", then sure.
>>
>>26298210
>mfw ORAS has better graphics than Sun and Moon
>>
File: 1380793076282s.jpg (14KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1380793076282s.jpg
14KB, 250x233px
>>26306763
>>
>>26306763
Hoenbabbies, everyone

>>26306712
That's certainly true. /VP/ occasionally loses its autism and has a good discussion thread.
>>
File: master chief facts.png (240KB, 637x343px) Image search: [Google]
master chief facts.png
240KB, 637x343px
>>26298210
XY, definitely, since everuthing was new.

ORAS is a remake, which means that even if there are some new things here and there, you basically know all the story.
>>
That's like asking whether puke tastes better than shit.
They're both rancid fucking terrible games and are not even close to the quality offered in the 5th gen games.
>>
File: image.png (23KB, 155x152px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23KB, 155x152px
why do people love the original ruby sapphire and emerald but absolutely hate ORAS. I don't understand this logic at all.
>>
>>26298210
S/M are gonna beat both of them.
>>
>>26298210
XY had new stuff.
ORAS was a rehash.
So, XY.
>>
>>26307860
This is the only remake I know of that actually removed content. A ten year old game (Emerald) is superior and that's just sad.
>>
>>26298473
Have you played HG/SS kiddo?
And ORAS is shit. I was really hyped with that remake, Emerald was my first game and the reason i love vidya nowdays. And ORAS was cancer, it made me hate my childhood. Easy fucking game, no challenge whatsoever, Sky Tower isn't a great part of the game anymore, trainers look retarded af, defeated E4 with just one Swampert, one Swellow and one Salamence, they got rid of the fucking Battle Frontier.... But music and Ultrafly was nice, i'll give them that
>>
>>26307860
Have you played ORAS? It's garbage. Some of the stuff that was good about R/S was changed or removed and all the features from Emerald weren't even included.

I feel bad for any players that liked Hoenn.
>>
>>26307980
What features? I own all gen 3 games but haven't played them yet
>>
>>26308002
Except fire red
>>
>>26308002
Hundreds of hours worth of postgame. We're talking about a whole second set of badges and 7 different facilities with gimmicks that blow the Maison out of the water. There's also little things like a few new areas in the main region such as an extended Safari Zone, a plot involving both teams battling it out, and gym leader rematches.
>>
>>26307972
Emerald>>>>>RS

Why they didn't just remake that is beyond me
>>
>>26308076
That's only emerald anon. RS are shit and so are their remakes. They made magma/aqua a but better* really
Comfy music but that's it on the good department
>>
>>26308076
I know the only gen 3 game I've played is fire red, but you just described emerald. We're talking about ruby and sapphire, not emerald. I really liked ORAS so please compare the original 2 games to the remakes please.
>>
So...
Emerald>>>>>>>>>RS>ORAS
>>
>>26298473
They've admired to it being rushed. They have called Unova their favorite
>>
>>26308104
This.
>inb4 HG/SS had Crystal content
Which was minimal. To those who think HGSS incorporated a ton of content from Crystal, list all the Crystal content included in HG/SS apart from
>The Ruins of Alph
>Battle Tower
>Eusine Storyline
I'm curious to hear your response.
>>
>>26303838
OP here: probably. I just chose the first one I could find while searching for "XY vs ORAS".
>>
>>26308311
Why remake a game that has a better version then?

Why would they remake ORAS to be in a position where it can be beat out by Emerald in many ways?
>>
>>26308311
> list all the Crystal content included in HG/SS apart from

You just listed two of the three major additions to Crystal -- Suicune, Battle Tower, and battle animations.

HGSS retains every addition from Crystal, other than the wild mons and the animated sprites. We get Crystal's music, Lyra in the place of Kris (in PokeSpe concept art, Kris was even planned to be a brunette), and the Global Terminal in place of the Pokémon Communication Center.

What did HGSS remove that Crystal added? I'm not even anti-ORAS or 'm-muh Emerald', I just don't see what was removed from Crystal.
>>
>>26308500
Nice dubs.
To answer your question, literally nothing. The only thing I can think of is the clock reset feature, since ingame time from generation 4 onwards is determined by the time on your DS/3DS IIRC. In other words, that was irrelevant and didn't need to be implemented.
>>
>>26308500
I'm grasping at straws here but there is no odd egg. No 15% shiny chance iirc
>>
>>26299358
THIS, only choose the brown female because I wanna a gyaku
>>
XY.

ORAS were remakes, and they were shitty ones at that. IMO the first remakes that failed to live up to the original titles. HSGG set a pretty high standard, and it was a standard that ORAS failed to meet.

If you want to play a 3DS game, buy XY. If you want to play Hoenn, emulate Emerald. Simple as that.
>>
>>26298210
ORAS.
Even with the neutered content, it was still better than Kalos by a landslide.
>>
>>26308848
Yep, that's about the only thing missing, and in its place they gave Togepi Extrasensory to make it more than viable when it hatches.

Looking at bulbapedo, it would appear Crystal also had the department store roof accessible, which I don't think was in HGSS.

Another big change from Crystal - Kurt can make multiple balls at a time. That was also retained for HGSS.
>>
>>26309069
Holy shit, he couldnt in GSC? That must have been a pain.

I never noticed how many little things Crystal did better until I borrowed my friend's Gold as a kid and was absolutely confused at how the area name didnt drop down when I entered a new place, despite me being SURE it was supposed to happen. A while later realised that was just Crystal.
>>
>>26309152
He could in Crystal but not GS. It was one ball a day.

Totally forgot about the location tags, too.

It really is the little things that make the experience. Makes me laugh at these idiots decrying the new games as 'not revolutionary' enough. Like, god damn, it only takes a few small tweaks to make these games fantastic.
>>
>>26308311
Og anon here. I'm really in awe at how much you love shit posting here. What's the point of being up HGSS? Yes I have played both of those games and they imo are better than the og gen 2 games. Now back to my point, the original ruby and sapphire are not as good as ORAS. ORAS is not a remake of emerald so there's no point in comparing it even though it is most likely better than it.
>>
>>26309178
Exactly. Just went to Bulbapedia and found out Ice Path was just a normal cave in GS and wasnt designed to be icy until Crystal. Same with the Burned Tower actually being burned. Small aesthetics like that really help. And they didnt have to simplify the places to do it.
>>
>>26309688
And those sorts of small changes are what, in my view, ORAS did best. Little additions to scenery, like the pond on route 202. Or the new character dialogue that fleshed out everyone.
>>
>>26309688
It had an icy floor still, but yeah, it was basically Dark Cave with Delibirds.
>>
>>26309371
>What's the point of being up HGSS?
Sorry, I meant beating up.
>>
>>26309949
I meant bringing up but ok
>>
>>26299886
>the Professor is annoying
I agreed until this point. He's one of the good things in that game.
>>
Both had their merits, but I'm really not too big into post game, so I pick ORAS. XY's E4 was a fucking joke and the story was set up for something great, then the Lysandre fight was easy as piss.
>>
XY was fun, but it had its problems like any other Gen starter. Z would have been nice for fleshing things out, but it's all good.
ORAS felt really damn fun and ended up one of my favorite games, just below Colosseum. Soaring, Secret Base (and the threads that came with it), legendaries from older games (I've got daycare kids who got X or Y and this gave them the chance to get back to catching them all), all the neat megas, the remixed music, and finally being able to play the games with the Phys/Spec split honestly.
>>
>>26298210
I didn't play XY, but ORAS was a very "meh" remake but an okay game overall
>>
>>26298210
ORAS was boring and weak
XY was a good game, though
>>
File: reggie.jpg (48KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
reggie.jpg
48KB, 650x488px
>>26298210
PLAY
THE
GAME!
>>
>>26305013
Yeah, but it was a dam good one

http://archive.news.iastate.edu/news/2011/apr/Pokewalker
>>
>>26298210
ORAS is the shittiest pokemon game by far. shit stinks.
>>
I actually liked XY better, but ORAS felt more polished to me.

Character customization was big to me.

Secret bases were also big to me.

I was irritated that ORAS gives you Latios/as for free so early.

There's a lot of pros and cons for each...
>>
>>26315030
and i was very much of a hoenn baby before its release.
>>
>>26315040
This, but we can both agree, that they're both shit
>>
>>26315040
>ORAS
>polished

nope, it was the most rushed game to date and with a really small dev team. Also reused assets (engine from XY and story from RS). Then legendaries for free everywhere

It's the game with less effort yet.
>>
>>26298210
They make a quite acceptable game only if mixed together. Otherwise, they both feel lacking in different aspects.
>>
>>26298210
Graphically oras
Gamewise xy
But what the fuck was up with the loading gates in oras rse was the first gateless game and they do this? Major turnoff for me
>>
>>26298284
>XY was my first pokemon game

You poor, unfortunate creature... I really feel you
>>
>>26298210
>I was irritated that ORAS gives you Latios/as for free so early.
FUCK, this. Trying to catch the damn fleeing legendaries is what kept me invested in the post-game (at least until I caught them all).

Hax Frontier, Hax Subway and Hax Maison were fun little diversions, but they were never a serious goal for me, since I knew sooner or later a Rhyhorn with Fissure would wipe out my entire team.

But catching Entei and Latias? Those were actual accomplishments.
>>
>>26308311
>this post
holy shit, you fucking mongoloid, listen to me
>"list all things included EXCEPT all the shit included which happens to be every noteworthy piece of content from Crystal AS WELL AS THE FUCKING POKEATHLON, SAFARI ZONE, BATTLE FRONTIER AND A BUNCH OF OTHER SHIT THAT WAS HYPE AS FUCK.

YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
YOU FUCKING CHILD.
GO TO BED.

FUCK YOU.
ORAS SUCKS SWEATY ASSHOLE AND YOU WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE A GOOD GAME IF IT BIT THE TIP OF YOUR DICK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26315556
Slateport has FIVE places where it loads if you enter/exit from there. Fucking ridiculous.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.