[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why new pokemon games feel so rushed ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1447713637051.png (430KB, 1773x1673px) Image search: [Google]
1447713637051.png
430KB, 1773x1673px
Why new pokemon games feel so rushed ?
>>
5th gen didn't seem rushed. Though SM seemed rushed as fuck :'//
>>
These were really nice in HGSS, shame they probably won't be returning any time soon
>>
>>26295090

What are you saying? That the use of entrance art showed more effort was put into the games? That was just an exclusive thing used in FireRed/Leafgreen and HG/SS. No other Pokemon games besides those remakes used them because they were pointless.
>>
>>26295090
X and Y were the first mainline Pokémon games on the 3DS, which GameFreak didn't have any experience with. They had to make hundreds of new Pokémon models from scratch not only for battles but Amie as well. With SM, I'm confident there will be at least 100 new Pokémon and plentiful postgame content. Just look at the Mystery Dungeon games on 3DS. Gates to Infinity was lackluster, but Chunsoft learned from their mistakes and made Super Mystery Dungeon which was a million times better.
>>
>>26295161

This. The first time that two generations shared one console/engine was IV/V, and Black/White brought 156 new Pokémon, the most of any generation, and had improved graphics and mechanics in almost every way over Diamond/Pearl. They were very familiar with the DS's capabilities by that point.

The same applies to XY and Sun/Moon.
>>
>>26295090
>ripped by latias tamer
>>
>>26295132
How? They're literally not even out yet, and unless you're from the future, that means you haven't played them you.
>>
File: I forgot this.png (6KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
I forgot this.png
6KB, 100x100px
>>26295212
>>
>>26295161
>Gates to Infinity was lackluster, but Chunsoft learned from their mistakes and made Super Mystery Dungeon which was a million times better.
The problem with GtI is more that they ran out of time than anything else though.
>>
XY had a 3 year dev time, but it was the first full 3D game and GF had to spend a lot of time modeling hundreds of mons.

ORAS was nostalgia bait pushed out in one year, to keep people busy until Gen 7 was ready
>>
>>26295204
>The first time that two generations shared one console/engine was IV/V
>what is Gen I/II
Gen III is the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>26295136
Soonest would be DP remakes.

Of all the things to drop in ORAS, this makes the least sense to me. We now have god damn Sugi art in the game, but we can't get these.

What the hell are they even called, again? I know there was a colloquial phrase for them, but of course, I can't remember it.

>>26295826
XY's development was not necessarily marked by the design of 3D models. Gamefreak had the 3DS dev kit before literally anyone else.

The new Pokemon models were used in Pokedex 3D and Pokemon Tretta at what would've been the earliest stages of Gen 6 development.

That is to say, modeling Pokemon was not the end-all be-all bulk of development. Judging by interviews, things like precise movement and camera placement were of principal concern.
>>
>>26295136
HGSS had a separate team from Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
>>
>>26296055
>The new Pokemon models were used in Pokedex 3D

No, they weren't. GF developed their own models for Gen 6 in house. Pokedex 3D and tretta were separate.
>>
>>26296055

>What the hell are they even called, again? I know there was a colloquial phrase for them, but of course, I can't remember it.

Eyecatches?
>>
File: scene.png (155KB, 359x227px) Image search: [Google]
scene.png
155KB, 359x227px
>>26295136
For what reason should eyecatches return? They gave you a look of how the zone DIDN'T look. Now you see the zones as they should look like. Even a random part of a random screenshot looks like an eyecatch, but it's the actual game.
>>
>>26296055
Nah, Pokedex 3D was done by Creatures Inc, you can tell because those same models were used in the Pokepark games, another Creatures Inc developed Pokemon game.
The models in the portable games look different, perhaps subtly in some cases, but the differences are there.
Plus GF's models use a shit ton more polygons than the Creatures Inc ones.
>>
>>26296049
But GB and GBC aren't the same console
>>
>>26296704
They run on the same Engine.
>>
>>26295090
>Why new pokemon games feel so rushed ?
why this grammatical error so popular?
why this such a normal fucking thing to write?
Why people write like this?
>>
>>26296704
Gold and Silver were playable on the Gameboy.
>>
>>26297004
So? Do you know how engines work? An Engine can easily be adapted across consoles, especially after such incredibly similar ones.
>>
Hey is there not a Pokemon in the tohjo falls night image?
>>
>>26295090
I need to rebuy this game.

HG or SS?
>>
>>26296186
>They gave you a look of how the zone DIDN'T look.
It was a more "artistic" interpretation of the area.

Now that the overworld is in 3D, the artsy features can be stuck into the area proper more easily.
>>
>>26297356
>It was a more "artistic" interpretation of the area.
So an inaccurate representation of the area.
That's bad.
>>
The cut-ins like that worked when the games were still sprite based, but when it's full 3D, it's just awkward. A quick sweep of the area from a bird's eye view would be better.
>>
>>26297453
No, just avoid things that would make the gameplay monotonous, slow and dull.
>>
>>26296704
They are.
>>
>>26297453
>>26297489
You know, they could show them on the touch screen instead
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.