[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i legitimately like all of them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: Pokemon_SunMoon_Starters.jpg (166KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_SunMoon_Starters.jpg
166KB, 1920x1280px
i legitimately like all of them
>>
>>26294400
Same, double dubs. Same.
>>
>>26294400
If only their color scheme matched with the other ones.
>>
File: gotta catch em all-1.jpg (64KB, 369x620px) Image search: [Google]
gotta catch em all-1.jpg
64KB, 369x620px
>>26294400
I do as well.

you gotta catch/own every Pokémon.
>>
>>26294400
same
>>
I don't just like every other gen where I have likes and dislikes but I don't care if you do.
>>
Same. I don't get all the love for Popplio, probably because it's cool to say that you hate something
>>
File: 1462853312257.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1462853312257.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>26294400
They've actually grown on me. Took two days and countless fan art, but I like em!
>>
>>26294451
>Literally only reason someone would say they don't like something is because they want to be contrarian
Yeah okay, you're as bad as people who hate everything
>>
>>26294400
Plz help, I cannot into that water abomination.
The other 2 are great, I just can't get over how fucking silly Popplio is
>>
>>26294449

>I don't just like every other gen
>where I have likes and dislikes
>but I don't care if you do

What the fuck are you even trying to say? Can I get a translation please?
>>
Maybe it's just because they were just announced, but I think this is the first set of starters that I actually like all three.
>>
>>26294479
It's a clown senpai of course it's silly.
>>
>>26294400
Yeah, this is the hardest gen for me to pick which starter I want. There hasn't been a gen since gen 3 where there wasn't at least one starter I knew I wouldn't pick. Tough call this time.
>>
same, i think the cat is weaker than the other two though
>>
Same!
>>
>>26294400
Litten's my favorite first stage Fire type starter to date, and Rowlet's my favorite of the 3. Not a big fan of Popplio, but I think it has a lot of potential.
>>
Water is trash but the others are so amazing
>>
>>26294522
>I don't like all 3 starters
>Just like how I don't like all 3 in any other gen
>But I don't care if you like all of them

My guess?
>>
Gen 1-3, I liked all if them. This is the first time since then I've loved them all. Good joerb Gamefreak, no please don't fuck up
>>
>>26294824
Isn't that literally what was said? There's a comma missing I think, but besides that... I thought it was a joke about someone being reasonable about other people's opinions.
>>
Yeah I like all of them. First time I've ever liked the Grass starter the most. I have a feeling I'll probably end up liking Litten's final evo more though.
>>
>>26294879
Na it's completely indecipherable.
>>
>>26294943
How so? I figured it out.
>>
>>26294400
I also love all 3. I think it's going to come down to the third evos but part of me wants to be unspoiled for my first playthrough. So \:|/
>>
File: JUST.jpg (59KB, 647x955px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
59KB, 647x955px
>>26295190
>yfw nintendo reveals all the pokemon before the games come out like X/Y and there are no surprises
>>
Same OP, same.
>>
>Litten becomes Fire/Fighting
>Rowlett becomes Grass/Fighting
>Popplio becomes Water/Fighting

Would you be okay with it
>>
>>26294522
He just forgot his punctuation.

>I don't, just like every other gen, (where I have likes and dislikes) but I don't care if you do.
>>
>>26295283
Yes

Then I remembered Fairies shitting on Fighting-types for no reason and changed my mind
>>
>>26295229

They didn't do that for XY. Lots of mons were revealed by leakers/playtesters. You're thinking of when they revealed all the megas for ORAS.
>>
>>26295340
they didn't reveal all the new pokemon, but a fuck ton of them were officially. Megas weren't but I don't care as much for megas
>>
>>26294400
They're all fantastic.
I only going for Litten because the promise of a Fire/Poison Killer Queen is too much.
>>
>>26294479
think of it as cute looking, not dumb

it's just being deliberately silly and playful hoping you'll get the joke and not make fun of him

it's also not that ugly which is an achievement for gamefreak at this stage

be happy with your clown sea-lion
>>
>>26294479
> I just can't get over how fucking silly Popplio is
>The clown/acrobat seal is silly

Wow, really? What's the problem anon, are you afraid people are gonna call you a child and make fun of you for liking something silly?
>>
>>26295362
You can be deliberately cute and playful and not look dumb and I don't think Popplio walks that line

It's also very ugly, at least in my opinion
>>
>>26294400
me too. They've got me interested in Pokemon and back here again after over a year of not playing it. Gen 6 really fucked me up.
>>
>>26295375
Would people have been happy with Oshawott if Gamefreak just said "it was SUPPOSED to look like a clown!"? I have personal doubts that there is, but there's got to be a way to make something based on the idea of a circus performer or clown and not have it look stupid, and even if there isn't, it's okay to like it even if such a design is destined to look stupid because looking like a silly clown is a perfectly valid reason for liking a pokemon, but it really shouldn't be that strange or ridiculous that people don't like it.
>>
>>26295417
I personally find it disgusting that there's people who likes that abomination. It's inhuman to be frankly honest.
>>
>>26295377
that ugliness you perceive is a reflection of your own mistreatment of your innocent inner child soul

look into a mirror

tell yourself sincerely "I forgive you."

treat yourself the way you'd treat the most important person in your world

because that's who you are...

then do the same with Popplio...

because Popplio is you...

Popplio is all of us

also seriously, it's really not that bad a design
>>
>>26295623
I think it's a bad design it is blobby. The difference is certainly because different people designed them, but you can really tell how Rowlet and Litten's anatomies are different than Popplio's. The snout looks even worse in motion imo than the still where it still looks like it could be one part of the wole head, whereas in its model in-game it looks even more like two pieces of clay mooshed together. I think the rounded and putty like design was intended to going along with its silly clown-ish feel but that doesn't mean I think it's good inherently because it can be interpreted to match thematically. I'm also not saying other starters don't do that (coincidentally, Oshawott has that feel as well, off the top of my head). And as with the whole "it's a clown seal thing" I don't think that was brilliantly executed even If I acknowledge that the idea is creative. Not everyone has to like every Pokemon, i nfact most Pokemon are probably made to appeal to certain people. I think it's more important that every Pokemon appeals to someone than for every Pokemon to appeal to everyone.
>>
>>26295735
All right, I respect your opinion - it's not as good as the other two starters anyway.

I guess I just don't really dislike base level blobby cutemons.
Things like Magmortar and Rhyperior that needlessly complicate original, unique pokemon: that's what I personally call bad design.
>>
>>26295735
There is a difference between 'this design doesn't appeal to me' and 'this is objectively a terrible design' though.
>>
>>26294423
That's exactly what i was thinking from the beggining
I disliked them at first, they're growing on me but still, the colors bug me
>>
>>26296220
That was why I made sure to explain what I believe makes it an objectively bad design in my opinion along with the admittance that despite that it can appeal to someone anyway in the same way that it doesn't appeal to me
>>
>>26296251
Still isn't objective though. Still subjective.
>>
I have two siblings, we pulled names out of a hat because we couldn't decide which starter we wanted.

>Brother got Litten
>Sister got Rowlet
>I got Popplio
>democracy.jpg
>>
>>26296285
Pretty much 95% of /vp/ discussion is.
>>
>>26296285
I believe that designs with more meat to them are objectively better than ones composed of basic shapes mashed together. Has nothing to do with what a Pokemon "should" look like or anything like that. It's just obviously more challenging and interesting to look it when designs aren't like that. That doesn't mean the design is a lost cause or that nobody is allowed to or even shouldn't like it. I think Scraggy's concept is mind blowingly creative and it's one of my favorite pokemon, but I think it suffers from a similar problem for example. Pokemon's designs are a whole package and not just one aspect so I suppose you're correct in that I don't think because one part of its design is not well done on an objective level that it means the whole thing isn't because beyond shape theory and stuff like that, su h as the idea behind a Pokemon and it's other motifs, are certainly purely subjective, even if the leaning is clearly one way or the other (such as it being a clown is not "objectively" bad even though most people probably won't like clowns).
>>
>>26296442
Speaking of bad design, you could format your text a little better
>>
File: 1435855704714.png (363KB, 682x461px) Image search: [Google]
1435855704714.png
363KB, 682x461px
>>26296442
>I believe
>Objectively better
Stop that.
>>
>>26296793
tbqh you should kill yourself if you can't face the truth, poppliofagglio
>>
>>26296793
I'm saying it in the same way a blind person would say they believe the sky is objectively blue for example. I'm not a formally trained artist or someone who even really knows anything about art and design so, and I'm also being careful with my words to avoid making this into a you (not literally) vs me argument, perhaps admittedly overly and therefore incorrectly so.
>>
>>26294400
agreed. this is the first generation where i think that all 3 starters are actually really well designed. some gens had one stinker in the mix (I, III), some had two (II, IV, VI), and one did not have any good ones at all (V). didn't expect that from GF at this point, but massive kudos to them.
>>
>>26294400
>liking Pooplio

ew
>>
>>26294400
I've been critical of the new designs in the more recent games, but I'm okay with these
>>
>>26294400
I liked them all from the start. Rowlet in particular is god tier.
>>
File: untitled.png (43KB, 864x540px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
43KB, 864x540px
i like all 3
rowlet because hes actually a cute owl, not that piece of shit from the leak
nyabby because its a fire cat. i love fire, i love cats its gonna be my starter
and popplio looks pretty fun
>>
>>26298602
lippity litten, please let me kiss your paws kitten
>>
The only one I don't like is Litten
>>
>>26294400
Same, hopefully none of them will get the Fennekin/Oshawott treatment have a have an ugly ass final evo.
>>
>>26298602
Lippity Litten, put on your boxing mittens
>>
>>26298683
I just hope Popplio and Litten don't get bipedal evos. It's like they're trying to make the starters feel more human, but in a way that's off-putting and just encourages creepy fanart.
>>
>>26295044
you fucking typed it of course you "figured it out"

>I don't just like every other gen where I have likes and dislikes but I don't care if you do.

read this again and try and tell me it's decipherable
>>
>>26298805
>s-samefag
Really?
>>
>>26296979
>a blind person would say they believe the sky is objectively blue for example
what, but anon the sky IS blue, that's not being objective
>>
>>26298805
>>
>>26294400
I am generally okay with all three also. Depending on what other new Pokemon that will be available, I might like to trade for the other two to start with.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.