[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the third member of the trio is going to be a scorpion, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: _manticore__by_arvalis-d8ws0py.jpg (250KB, 1043x765px) Image search: [Google]
_manticore__by_arvalis-d8ws0py.jpg
250KB, 1043x765px
So the third member of the trio is going to be a scorpion, right?
>>
File: dolf kiss.gif (868KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
dolf kiss.gif
868KB, 450x338px
Bloody genious, anon! Lets hope you are right.
>>
Fusion confirmed?

>finally a poison legendary
Yes please
>>
>>26292880
Remember we're in Hawaii. It's more likely to be a sea creature.
>>
File: Goat_dad.gif (40KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Goat_dad.gif
40KB, 650x650px
>>26292955
>Imagine a Capricorn
>>
A Roman soldier would be a pretty nice concept for the woodpecker final evo
>>
>>26292880
That'd be amazing, Anon.
>>
File: snail.png (21KB, 589x332px) Image search: [Google]
snail.png
21KB, 589x332px
>>26292880
It will be a snail
>>
>>26292927
>>finally a poison legendary
Didn't even think of this. It's perfect.
>>
>>26292880
The manticore line is more Litten.
>>
>>26292880
>a scorpion
Meanwhile your image is a manticore.
>>
>>26293666
Obviously anon. The other two box legends are a lion and a bat. A lion, bat and scorpion combine to make a manticore. The third legend will be a star scorpion.
>>
Third legendary could be some sort of eclipse Pokemon. Maybe a dark, ghost or shasow type?

>shadow
New type confirmed
>>
>>26293846
Why the fuck would there be a new type?
>>
>>26292955
I didn't know Hawaii had lions
>>
>>26292880
There actually might be something to this
>third copyrighted name was Marshadow
>presumably mars/martian+shadow
>recent tabloid about a scorpion on Mars
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/alien-scorpion-found-surface-mars-6441881
>make a Mars scorpion pokemon
>give it a Mars rover kind of look to go with Solgaleo's astronaut look and Lunaala's satellite look
>>
>>26292880
>>26293846
Dark/Poison?
>>
>>26293707
Scorpio
>>
>>26298212
We'd have Scorpio and Leo, but what would the bat be?
>>
In this year 2016, will happen a Scorpio(star) eclipse in march WOW
>>
>>26293846

Marshadow was the only name trademarked with the others that hasn't been revealed as either a starter or box legendary, so it's probably the head of the trio.
>>
>>26298920
The "shadow" part of the name means that it's probably the eclipse pokemon.
>>
File: Judging weavile.png (198KB, 358x268px) Image search: [Google]
Judging weavile.png
198KB, 358x268px
>>26299033
>theorizing about the potential third legendary
>Brings popplio hate

I don't even like the damn thing but can you keep the hate to their threads? this is semi-serious thus far
>>
File: crouchinglion.jpg (40KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
crouchinglion.jpg
40KB, 640x429px
>>26295507
Hawaii actually has a rock formation that looks like a lion.

>"This rock formation (Puu Manamana in Hawaiian) was so named for its lion-shaped silhouette. It's located on the ridge above Kahana Bay and Kaaawa Valley on the Windward Coast. Ancient Hawaiians called it Kauahi, a demigod sent to watch over the area in the form of a dog (they had never seen a lion)".
Wonder if inspired Solgaleo.
>>
>>26298920
>evil marshmallow legendary
>>
>>26299094
Honestly I doubt the legends are specifically anything Hawaiian inspired. France had Yggdrasil legends for example. Closest was maybe GS having distinctly Asian themed legendaries
>>
>>26298527
Libra, probably.
>wings represent the scales
>>
>>26292880
someone in another thread mentioned the link between barong and rangda. barong being a lion like deity of good and rangda being an evil moon witch that sometimes takes the form of a bat.

the third legendary will likely have some connection to that mythology rather than "look da lion and do wings nextlegend a scorpo"
>>
>>26299169
But they don't represent the scales in the slightest. It is just a giant flying dream catcher.
>>
>>26299221
Looked into that myth. Here's anexerpt about the creation myth:
>"At the beginning of time, only Antaboga the world snake existed"
Maybe it IS Zygarde after all?
>>
>>26299269
possibly, i found this though
>he causes eclipses by trying to eat the sun or the moon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batara_Kala
>>
>>26299221
Barong has a really distinctive look so I doubt it, but >>26299269 ...
>>
>>26299304
It ties up the Bali mythology there quite nicely, but that figure looks too humanoid to fit inside a lioness a bat legendary. Unless, like >>26299269 said, that's what that new Zygarde form is for (with the big mouth in the middle and all)
>>
>>26299094
>in the form of a dog (they had never seen a lion)
So... just like Entei.
>>
>>26299310
i meant that solgaleo could be a lion pokemon based off the mythology of barong, i never said that it would be barong itself.

did you know that xerneas was meant to be 4 different stags?

>>26299413
it is meant to be an ogre but another myth says something about being conceived in a fish. zygarde matched up pretty well with the mythology from x and y, it's possible that they are the same considering the working theory was that zygarde was the serpent eating the roots of yggdrasil, which is technically where hell is located and batara kala is the ruler of hell.
>>
>>26292880

Either a scorpion, or a star dragon along the lines of the rejuvenation brush god from okami, ao shin, the various shenrons.
>>
>>26299559
>i meant that solgaleo could be a lion pokemon based off the mythology of barong, i never said that it would be barong itself.
>I didn't say it was Barong, just that it was based in Barong
That's splitting hairs, don't you think?
>>
>>26299679
a legendary lion sun pokemon based off a lion spirit king and leader of the forces of good deity?
you tell me.

of course they could have just takena manticore and decided to make a legendary based off the animals it is made up of oh and just throw the sun and moon in there for good measure.
>>
>>26299773
Lion related mythology is in no short order. Barong has really distinctive aspects of his design. If there was supposed to be a relation then I think there would have been something. It's not like nidghog or duneyr and company or whatever where there's not really any established look. It's kind like if ho-oh had ended up looking like any other kind of phoenix.
>>
>>26299645
Why a star dragon?
>>
>>26300025
Obviously because Dragons r kewl
>>
>>26300025

I was being entirely unimaginative when I extrapolated the theme of sun moon and stars, but it's been done before.

I'm guessing star dragon because of this theme, and the fact that there's always at least one dragon legendary ever since Gen 3.

>>26300044

Probably because Game Freak think this.

Though I suppose if you could get the star 'scorpio'-n thing working, that's also a high possibility.
>>
>>26299838
yeah but lion and bat mentioned together as being at odds is extremely rare.

still, i went and found some other shit they could be related to.

for the lion i found aker, he guards the sun god at night and gave birth to some sun scarab.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aker_%28deity%29

for the bat, the most compelling thing i can find is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itzpapalotl
a skeletal warrior goddess
>Itzpapalotl's name can either mean "obsidian butterfly" or "clawed butterfly", the latter meaning seems most likely. It's quite possible that clawed butterfly refers to the bat and in some instances Itzpapalotl is depicted with bat wings

also camazotz, the nemean lion etc but none of them are linked to each other the way barong and rangda are.
>>
>>26292880
>manticore fusion legendary
yes please
>>
>>26300180
But I mean, Rangda to my knowledge isn't strongly associated with bats or anything, she's just a shapeshifter. The relationship between the XY legends and their Norse counterparts isn't exactly accurate to my knowledge either. Nidhogg isn't exactly a mediator between the eagle and Dainn er all for example.
>>
>>26300245
again, we are talking about concepts here, not lore. the idea of a lion sun god and a bat moon god came from somewhere, as did the stag, serpent and the eagle. xerneas even has 4 different coloured gems running through it's antlers, the link there is undeniable.

i suppose we'll just need to wait until we have more information.
>>
>>26300380
But you were talking about how it made sense because of Rangda and Barong are related to and at odds with each other. I also repeat that as far as I know Rangda doesn't necessarily have anything to do with bats. I think there's just too little to go off of desu.
>>
>>26293846
Wasn't there another name too? Gigareki or something?
>>
>>26300410
the bat thing was from the other thread where i read this, and yeah that is what i meant by the concept. not that we know whether or not lion and bat will be at odds yet.
i tried to find the other thread in case it had sources but the archive is down and the 4chan archive is useless.
>>
>>26300562
Marshadow was the only other name. I'm assuming it comes from Mars and is the third legend, but it may not be anything and is for some other Pokemon
>>
File: OMwYetf.gif (205KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
OMwYetf.gif
205KB, 500x500px
>>26300044
>mfw the third legendary is another dragon with green
>>
>>26292955
Just like how New York had musketeers and genies.
>>
>>26300749
>I'm assuming it comes from Mars
>Sol
>Luna
>Mars
>Aquarion intensifies
>>
>>26299169
As a Libra I approve.
I don't think Pokemon has a western zodiac theme but it'd be interesting to speculate about.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.