[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you think about the new trio? Each individual, them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: originul pokemon do not steal.png (114KB, 583x468px) Image search: [Google]
originul pokemon do not steal.png
114KB, 583x468px
So what do you think about the new trio? Each individual, them as a whole? What do you think they mean for the game and in comparison to the other starters?

I, for one, am glad they're giving us all of those other animals that we've wanted to see as pokemon for a while... you know a cat, an owl, and a pinniped! None of them have EVER been done before!

I actually like all of them, but I really feel like they could have done something more creative and new with their inspirations for them.
>>
I like all of them, at first I found Litten to be not fitting in but the more time passes the more it fits.
>>
>>26290775
We got a fucking literal cat. At least former pokemon, maybe except for Persian were stylized.
>>
>>26290775
Autism
>>
File: 1372954382017.png (81KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1372954382017.png
81KB, 300x300px
>Hoothoot clone
>Purrloin clone
>Seel clone
>Noivern clone
>Pyroar clone
>Diancie clone

Is GameFreak, I daresay, running out of ideas?
>>
>>26290775
Seal =/= sea lion
If we're grouping all pinnipeds together then I guess we're not allowed to have anything from that group ever again.
>>
File: how mad.png (370KB, 842x916px) Image search: [Google]
how mad.png
370KB, 842x916px
would you like it?
>>
So for context I'm a committed waterfag and pick the water type every gen without fail.

>First Thoughts on individuals
Rowlett = Adorable and fits in well with Pokemon
Litten = Meh, pretty boring and looks like all the other kitties
Popplio = Dear god what the hell is that

>Now
Rowlett = Adorable and still great
Litten = Really boring and almost a bit lazy
Popplio = Starting to grow on me

I don't know if its my water type bias making it acceptable for me re: Popplio. I'm actually considering playing the game with Rowlett because it just looks great and the typing will make the game a bit more difficult.

As far as as a group, I feel their designs are generally simple and down to Earth but it isn't necessarily a bad thing. In comaprison to the other starters I think they're basically inoffensive and in the middle of a list.
>>
My initial knee jerk reaction was that they looked kind of weird but now they've really grown on me.

I think I like the cat the most so far, but I'm afraid that he's also the one that has the highest chance of getting fucked up in later evos.

Their mannerisms are portrayed very well, like Rowlet's head turning, Popplio's balloon tricks and poses, and Litten basically using its fur as tinder to power its fire attacks. They seem to have a lot of personality compared to most other starters.

As an aside, people need to stop complaining about animals being reused, go look in any biology textbook and you'll find out that in REAL LIFE animal species have multiple variations. Compare Pokemon to other RPGs where half the roster will feature the exact same spider and slime models you fought in the beginning of the game but with the hue slider moved a couple of notches. (see: every fucking Jibanyan and Komasan clone in Yokai Watch)
>>
love rowlet, would be on my team whether it was a starter or not
litten is kinda boring but there is some potential to become cool which will never happen because it will be bipedal fire/fighting
poppilio is fine, doesn't deserve the hate it gets. hopefully the evolutions do it some justice instead of being oshawott 2.0
>>
>>26290775
Well I do give them props to the dual theme they got going on
>circus
Rowlet is the conductor, Litten is the tiger that goes through the hoop, and Popplio is the seal with the ball
>Hawaii
Rowlet represents all those unique birds and how they camouflage, Litten represents the volcanoes and has it back fur shaped like them, and Popplio represents the... fun times you can have there?
>>
File: 1393113862148.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1393113862148.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>26291062
>which will never happen because it will be bipedal fire/fighting
>>
>>26291065
>Giving props for headcanon

You fucks are the worst
>>
>hurr durr they're using another cat, owl, and seal
>implying that subspecies don't exist
>>
I actually really like all three desu

>First reaction
Rowlet: cute as heck, would hang out with/10
Litten: Nice! Cats are my fucking dudes and I really like the idea of a fire cat (especially with the hair balls, and oily fur, and etc)
Popplio:... Okay

Now:
Rowlet: still cute, probably good for a second run of the game
Litten: Definitely my bro, actually like the "just a cat" thing because when he spikes up when he attacks it's an interesting change from the normal design. Also the more basic cat design leaves a big opportunity for a big change to badass fire tiger later on
Popplio: actually like him, he's got a lot of personality and I definitely want to eventually do a run with him, hell, if his last evo is better than Rowlet I'll choose him for my second run
>>
>>26291120
People like turning their brains off when it comes to discussing new designs. Nobody complained about Ho-oh being another Fire/Flying phoenix, and yet, here we are.
>>
>>26290775

>implying all of these weren't shitmon though in their respective generations
>Seel and dewgong are still shitmons.

Pls
>>
>implying owls are birds
>>
>>26290775
roothoot , glameow and sealeo.
>>
>>26290775
Litten will undoubtedly be the first tiger, which people have been clamoring for forever. The other two will be pokemon types we've already had before, though.
>>
>>26290775
You sound like a retard complaining how the starters species have been done before. Most starters are the same or similar species as previous pokemon.
>>
>>26290955
The Seel and Spheal lines are based on a conglomeration of inspiration from seals, sea lions, and even dugongs/manatees, which of course are not pinnipeds. And with Walrein in there too
>>
>>26290950
I'd like to see you come up with over 700 Pokémon designs without running out of ideas.
>>
>>26292400
Raikou
>>
>>26291017
>go look in any biology textbook and you'll find out that in REAL LIFE animal species have multiple variations

the issue here is that there are a multitude of various other fascinating, interesting creatures out there that they could be using, but instead they chose to go with ANOTHER cat and ANOTHER seal. Rowlet only has Hootoot to compete with but on top of that there are literally how many other bird pokemon?

>Compare Pokemon to other RPGs where half the roster will feature the exact same spider and slime models you fought in the beginning of the game but with the hue slider moved a couple of notches

yeah and everybody loves that
>>
>>26292619
They didnt even cover all typing combinations, and there are lots of fantastic fakemon put there, or ideas (like lots of cool fairy ideas but gf doesnt want fantastic creatures just pink blobs), so please just fuck off.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.