[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Scald_2.png (72KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Scald_2.png
72KB, 400x240px
What do you think of this devilish water move?
PP: 15/15
Power: 80
Accuracy 100%
May cause a Burn (30% chance)
>>
Should be 60 power
>>
>>26288711
It's at 'required for competitive Water-types' status because it's decently powerful and can deal what is essentially a buffed version of poison.

Other than that? ...Well, I don't hate it that much. Fuck, I use it myself.
>>
>>26288711
Scald has lost me so many battles i can't fu cking count. DELETE THIS MOVE i fucking hate scald with a fiery passion

It makes the game so luck based its unreal. This is the reason one-hit KO moves are not allowed, because luck has no place in a pokemon game.

But yet still we have shit like scald, where switching in a grass pokemon to tank that water attack might get it burned. All the types that resist water, hate burns, it makes no sense for them to be able to inflict this status while also hurting you.

Once you get burned once by a scalder, its over, the chip damage will eat away at your team and your sanity until you shrivel into a dried burnt-up husk of the trainer you used to be, while the scald user just sits there laughing and spamming his no-risk ultra-benefit Scald.
>>
File: massiverod.png (142KB, 256x289px) Image search: [Google]
massiverod.png
142KB, 256x289px
>>26288711
>Cold Water
>Glass of Water Before Bed
>>
>>26288711
What is Volcanion attacking ?
>>
File: 353Shuppet_AG_anime_2.png (18KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
353Shuppet_AG_anime_2.png
18KB, 180x180px
>>26288778
Shuppet is attracted by feelings of jealousy and vindictiveness. If someone develops strong feelings of vengeance, this Pokémon will appear in a swarm and line up beneath the eaves of that person's home.

Shuppet grows by feeding on dark emotions, such as vengefulness and envy, in the hearts of people. It roams through cities in search of grudges that taint people.
>>
File: 1459726569765.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459726569765.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>26288778
>>
>>26288711
Let's now just wait for water move with 50% to freeze. Of course none of the ice types can learn it.
Besides Delibird.
>>
>>26288746
>luck has no place in a pokemon game
You're the kind of guy who thinks items in Smash is stupid, aren't you ?
>>
>>26288813
Yep even critical hits are too much luck for me, this game should be like chess
>>
should be 60 damage AT THE MOST, maybe 40

gamefreak are idiots
>>
>>26288859
Kill yourself.
>>
There is no reason this fucking move should exist. Especially not at fucking 80 BP.
Especially not having the insane distribution it is.
>>
>>26288711
This should be a combiner move with fire and water pledge.
>>
>>26288835
I'm not saying you are wrong, but Pokémon will never be that way. (sadly, for anyone who becomes invested in the meta)
>>
It's very powerful and I wish a variant was given to ice types instead.
>>
>>26288711
I believe it's balanced and reasonable as a move.
>>
It's a cool move but it should not be a TM, it should be a low distribution move to make certain water types more viable rather than making water as a type better than it already is
>>
>Umbreon
>Synchronize
>Heal Bell
>Profit
>>
>>26288935
It's balanced and i don't even really give a fuck that it thaws freezing, i'm just irate that fire moves don't necessarily thaw freezing.
>>
>all these anti-water shitters
>>
LOVE IT. Can't tell you how many times this attack saved me in the battle maison with protean greninja when people say I should opt for a stronger water attack like surf or hydro miss.
>>
If there was another single target water move with similar distribution and slightly higher power, without additional effect, I would probably use that instead tbqh famaloo
>>
File: v.png (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
1MB, 1600x1000px
Calm Mind and Scald makes for a deadly combination.

Want to take out the bulky water type with a special attacker?
Good luck breaking through a Suicune with even just 1.5x SpD, let alone 4x

Want to take out the bulky water type with a physical attacker?
30% chance of having your attack power cut in half, forcing you to become setup bait or otherwise spend turns switching to your cleric and possibly having them get fucked in exchange.

>fire types can't get burned!
I'm not even going to entertain this one.

I'm not saying there's no way around the move, of course. I'm just saying that it's REALLY fucking strong for a move that's basically on every water mon and their mums.
>>
>>26288711
nice try, gamefreak woudl never make such an OP move
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.