[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Sun and Moon are going to outsell XY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: topsal.png (327KB, 626x1178px) Image search: [Google]
topsal.png
327KB, 626x1178px
Do you think Sun and Moon are going to outsell XY?
>>
>>26275669
>20th anniversary marketing year-round
>a fucking Super Bowl ad to boot
What do you think OP?
>>
File: alola_meowth.png (73KB, 262x232px) Image search: [Google]
alola_meowth.png
73KB, 262x232px
>>26275669
No, because once the alola dex gets leaked and they find out there are less than 70 new pokemon they will skip the games
>>
>>26275669
ORAS tier. I think X and Y had the better box legend art
>>
>>26275669
It's a new gen, of course they are
>>
>>26275669
BW sold worse than DP, so not really.
>>
File: TnQRX6v.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
TnQRX6v.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>>26275756
>BW sold worse than DP
>>
>>26275797
>>26275756
Rightfully so.
>>
File: q4kNNGVG.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
q4kNNGVG.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>26275669
Damn, XY sold THAT much? Holy fuck, and some people say Pokemon is a dead franchise.
>>
No, X and Y were back in the OG days of 3DS, and they were the first 'true 3D' Pokemon games

Despite the fact that Sun and Moon will probably be better games, they'll sell worse due to being on the tail end of the 3DS's lifespan. Game Freak will see this as people not liking the changes Sun/Moon brought to the franchise, and then come the beginning of the 3DS's successor, we'll go back to getting a game as shallow and fan-pandering as X and Y were

Thus the cycle repeats indefinitely
>>
>>26275681
Yea but that doesn't mean people will buy 3ds just for the game.

And anyone who owns a 3ds is going to buy it anyway.
>>
>>26275797
BW released after smartphones took over the mobile market. It also lacked any truly revolutionary new features like online battling or muh 3D graphix to truly draw people in.

It was actually pretty backwards in it's design approach, with it's main appeal being "going back to basics", "recapturing the gen 1 feel" etc.

I imagine the same happening with Sun and Moon.
>>
File: rhett.png (238KB, 342x468px) Image search: [Google]
rhett.png
238KB, 342x468px
>>26275866
>Despite the fact that Sun and Moon will probably be better games
Based on 2 minutes of gameplay footage?
>>
>>26275873
Anyone who wants to buy Sun and Moon probably already owns the console. If this was Nintendo's master plan of boosting their dying handheld sales then it's going to fail pretty badly.
>>
>>26275878
>"going back to basics"
Is that a bad thing? I mean 151+ Pokemon sounds pretty fucking nice compared to XY

I mean, it's obvious it'll pander to Gen 1, as it's the 20th anniversary. But it would feel great if these games gave off the "fresh" and "new" vibe that BW did
>>
>>26275902
No, based on the fact that they have a metric dick-ton of resources available for this new gen, and they have to try harder to wow people now that the flashiness of the earlier gen has worn off. Same as RBY to GSC or DPPt to BW
>>
>>26275669
Probably not.
Slightly more than ORAS.
>>
>>26275920
Are you repeating my post in a more eloquent way?
>>
>>26275669
Piracy is going to kill the sales.
>>
>>26275983
At worse it'll be a shot in the foot.
>>
>>26275902
It can't be that fucking hard to beat, XY were so dull, and now we're getting island regions ala Sevii Islands. It's fresh and great.
Rowlet and Litten have also been so well received compared to any other starter when they were revealed.
There's two big hints that it'll be better.
>>
>>26275980
yeah I should've deleted that first sentence
>>
>>26276050
Fucking sucks all the hate Popplio's getting. First look of the starter set in the trailer and Popplio was the first one to catch my eye. Honestly, he's my favorite of the three. Everyone else seems to hate him immensely though.

although besides Rowlet which I'll admit is very nicely designed, the starters look borderline Fakemon.
>>
>>26276050
>It's fresh and great.
Is it though? I keep seeing a Hoenn reskin after we literally just got ORAS.
>>
>>26275920
But 3DS sold like hotpockets.
>>
>>26275873
>Yea but that doesn't mean people will buy 3ds just for the game
A LOT of people actually bought a 3DS solely for the Gen 6 games, hell even a ton of genwunners came back for Gen 6, it's not out of the realm of possibility that someone would buy a 3DS specifically for Sun and Moon.
>>
>>26276050
>Rowlet and Litten have also been so well received compared to any other starter when they were revealed.
You haven't been around for long then. All starter trios except for gen 5 were warmly received when they were initially revealed.
>>
>>26276104
>Hoenn reskin
>Everywhere that has warm climate and water is the same place
Not the creative type, are you
>>
>>26276100
I like Rowlet the most, but I still think that all of them are adorable.
>>
>>26275669
I want the NX to be a handheld so bad, we'll finally get a mainline pokemon game in HD.
>>
>>26276123
Wow must suck for them. Gen 5 and 6 were lackluster..

I hope they took the time to look into and enjoy all the other games on the 3DS. There are some crazy good ones.
>>
>>26275669
No. 2013 was a huge year for the 3DS and it had a ton of hype behind it. Now the 3DS is being overshadowed by this mystery console Nintendo is teasing.
>>
Honestly, my sales aren't going to make or break it. I preordered both X & Y and I preordered Sun & Moon the day before the leaks. Whatever happens will depend on the rest of you faggots.
>>
File: IMG_2009.jpg (111KB, 1351x1016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2009.jpg
111KB, 1351x1016px
>>26276148
>tfw same
The handheld-console hybrid rumor has got me so hyped I'll be super disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be real.

I'd finally have a strong reason to buy a Nintendo console.
>>
>>26275852
you mean you believe the shit shitposters here say?
woah
>>
File: 115.png (8KB, 430x373px) Image search: [Google]
115.png
8KB, 430x373px
>>26275852

XY was hyped as fuck, this is why GF considers it a success despite the critiques.

Even in interviews Masuda refuses to acknowledge the problems and talks like if they were right all along.

ORAS sold less and they still insisted that making the game easier was right. Sun and Moon are likely gonna bring huge changes to distinguish itself from XY/ORAS and probably more content and better performance because GF already tested the waters with 3D (yes I know the alpha in the trailer seems to run like shit, but it's still an alpha) which could be positive and if they don't outsell XY we are fucking doomed like says >>26275866

I feel like the last games GF truly poured passion and effort into were Black & White, they all sounded so exited in the interviews, specially talking about how long it took them to design the main cast because they wanted to deliver a story and characters with impact. Masuda said BW were his dream games, I remember the lenghty letters talking about what inspired him to create BW.

I want Game Freak and Masuda to be this happy and passionate about games again. Just what happened? All excitement seems to have died when they made BW2 and the games that followed. No more exciting tone in their interviews, not more Masuda talking about how happy he is about making the games. It makes me so sad.
>>
>>26276130
>All starter trios except for gen 5 were warmly received when they were initially revealed

Snivy hype was the biggest hype I have ever seen for any starter ever, and Oshawott complains came after the name.
>>
>>26276244

As long as its still a handheld I'll buy it. I might have to wait a year or two until a pink one is released (I didn't get a 3DS until I could buy a pink one because thats how I roll) but if whatever the new console is isn't handheld then its a no go for me. I just can't be bothered with home consoles anymore. But considering the ways of the world I highly doubt that would happen. Everything is handheld at this point.
>>
>>26276310
>the name

the anime*
>>
Yokai watch is gonna eat its sales, so probably not
>>
>>26276283
Absolutely no excuses for ORAS, but I feel like XY had potential that was failed to be lived up to due to technical problems behind the scenes.
>>
>>26275866
So just like B/W, huh.
>>
>>26276350
not domestically
>>
>>26276283

Remakes always sell less than "original" versions. Doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: backlash.png (196KB, 878x1357px) Image search: [Google]
backlash.png
196KB, 878x1357px
>>26276310
Gen 5 starters were fucking LOATHED when they were initially revealed, especially Oshawott. The silhouette speculation had everyone rise their expectations too much which then blew all over our faces when the real starters were finally revealed.

There is a reason TPCi doesn't do Pokemon silhouettes anymore.
>>
>>26276283
Probably because there were so many vocal people complaining about BW, so hearing that his dream games were poorly received by a "huge" bunch was kinda discouraging.
>>
>>26276415
>Gen 5 starters were fucking LOATHED when they were initially revealed
>picture of 4chan as evidence
/vp/ and /v/ just hate everything, in reality the Gen 5 starters WERE pretty well recieved outside of here and other autism circlejerks like Serebii.net
>>
>>26276310

No, everyone HATED Oshawott since the beginning.
>>
>>26276350
Lol.
>>
>>26276283
Everyone hated BW so they had to play it safe from then on.
>>
>>26276467
What do you consider to be a non-autism circlejerk? Pretty much all Pokemon forums I used to go to back then (smogon, serebii, some other smaller boards) hated the gen 5 starters
>>
>>26275839
Why? BW were great
>>
>>26276415

This is probably why Game Freak is afraid of taking risks like Black & White again >>26276283

Pokemon always had a ton of designers, but they all were Japanese. Black & White were supposed to be games that would bring cultures together. Masuda wanted to create a world were people could coexist peacefully. For the first time foreigner designers were brought. Tepig line was in fact designed by a Korean artist, and a British cartoonist that works at Game Freak in other games (Rhythm Hunter artist) was also invited to design Pokemon, and his designs were some of the most insulted online: Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Golett, Golurk, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Phantump and Trevenant. I think Trubbish and Garbodor were also designed by foreigners.

This is like how Shin Megami Tensei VI was supposed to be a passion project that would bring together a dozen of Kamen Rider artist because the entire Atlus staff had a boner for Kamen Rider to make demon designs everyone shat on them because they hated what they designed and Atlus was super turned off.

And it's usually westerners who are this aggressive with their critiques, the Japanese fandom tends to be a lot more accepting, but both SMT and Pokemon sell a lot in west.
>>
>>26275669
no because 3ds pirating is a thing now
>>
>>26276475

I dunno', Oshawott was actually my favorite of the starters until I played the games. Now Snivy is my favorite.
>>
>>26276611

>Mandibuzz

That cute little fucker, how can people not like him?
>>
>>26275669
Oui
>>
>>26276715

"doesn't look like a Pokemon" autism

>>26276611

>Atlus was super turned off

So turned off some demons seems to have been redrawn to make them as appealing as possible, at least in some VI Final promo art released they look different to their VI designs.

Basically, people being shitty to game designers for doing what they love.
>>
I don't have the charts anymore, they were on the Japanese site. But the first Black & White games were commercially successful among people in their late teens and adults. They were the first Pokemon games with such success among that demographic while keeping it's appeal to children, it was perfect balance, and instead of repeating the story, characterization and music elements that attracted that demographic they ditched them all in BW2 and haven't returned to them.
>>
>>26277257

The charts were in the now death Club Nintendo Japan site, but Siliconera made an article with charts that are apparently the same as the ones on CN but translated

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/01/pokemons-audience-growing-older/
>>
>>26277257
B2w2 animated trailer made me buy the game
>>
>>26277618

why would you buy a game over that trailer that shows absolutely no gameplay footage or explains anything about the features included?
>>
>>26275839

DP are easily worse than BW. Stop applying how great Platinum was to DP.
>>
>>26275839
D/p are the worst games in the series, even worse than gen 1

B/w is equal to platinum, only emerald, SS/Hg, and B2/W2 are above them
>>
>>26276283
>they all sounded so exited in the interviews
>falling for gamefreak's PR bullshit
adorable

>I remember the lenghty letters talking about what inspired him to create BW.
I guarantee you he didn't personally write any of them.

That Italian ORAS interview was probably the closest we've got to hear how Masuda really feels about the franchise.
>>
>>26276715
>him
>>
No. I will be pirating these shitty games and you should too.
>>
>>26275839
You would think people didn't buy BW because they hated D/P/Pt.
Sinnoh was shit.
>>
>>26277920
swap platinum with emerald
>>
>>26275669
>In a game waiting around
>Someone asks what everyone is doing, was drawing litten at the time
>"Oh they revealed the gen 7 starters?"
>"Wow they look like shit."
I don't think so.
>>
>>26275852

I find it odd since I rarely see anyone play their 3DS in public. It's like a home console pretty much, eh?
>>
Are B/W "low sales" the reason XY are the polar opposite of Black and White?
It makes sense in from a marketing point of view
>>
>>26281284
No, Shinno is a cancer region whereas hoenn is great, the designs are better in gen 3 and the ost as well

Emerald, to this day, has the best post game with b2/w2 rivaling it
>>
>>26281985
>Hoenn Manlet Defense Force this pissed about shit their region

>shits on one of the longest, fleshed out regions so far
>>
>>26276123
I am one of those people who bought the 3DS for XY, and I'm not a genwunner, I'm a noob. I am not excited for SM, I just finished playing Hoenn in ORAS.
>>
There are more 3DS users these days but some people have their 3DS hacked and are not going to buy it
Sorry but im one of those,but i bought Y anyway
since im not buying games im rather buying pokemon merchandise
How many people bought a 3DS just because pokemon?
>>
>>26280266
>>26277920
>>26277801
>>26276595
The 3DS was already out by then and there were couple factors that were a bit unappealing to people at the time. Quit getting so assblasted, unovabortions.
>>
>>26275873

Nintendo has sold 58.85 million 3ds systems.

Its the best selling system out to date beating even the xbox 1 and ps4.

I dont think sales of the 3ds is their concern with this game.
>>
>>26276415
I still think they were fairly mediocre. I get bored every time I have to pick one when I play b/w. I like their designs sort of but they weren't too interesting to play.
>>
>>26281985
>Shinno
Remove yourself, this is an English board.
>>
>>26276325

Why don't you just get it custom painted
>>
I'd like to think more but with hacking on the 3DS having some exposure on the internet there's probably gonna people who'll just pirate it.
>>
File: 0109-1316388325523.png (70KB, 235x306px) Image search: [Google]
0109-1316388325523.png
70KB, 235x306px
>>26276415
Did someone say silhouette speculation?
>>
>>26277701
Idk but that was cool
>>
File: image.jpg (244KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244KB, 1200x1200px
>>26276123
135% increase in 3DS sales in the 4 weeks after XY release, to be exact
>>
>>26281414
When X and Y came out I was getting at least 50 street passes in that game alone every day at college. The cafe had people in there playing that game for months.
>>
>>26276050
>Rowlet and Litten have also been so well received compared to any other starter when they were revealed.
have you already forgotten xy? fuck. Chespin and fennekin were incredibly well received and froakie had a lot of fans as well. None of them got any hate really.
>>
>>26287651
just bought my 3DS for ORAS, the moment it was confirmed, just bought X&Y für the waiting time
>>
>>26281414
I play at home because I avoid public and rarely go outside.

I really enjoyed XY btw.
The music, the setting, the Pokémon.
I was really into it.
>>
>>26281985

The only postgame in Emerald is the BF though, and that was/is too hard for the majority of the casual scum that play these games.
Is there even anyone here that has all 7 gold symbols? I'm at 6.
>>
>>26276283
>All excitement seems to have died when they made BW2
But B2W2 were better than BW so that doesn't make sense.
>>
ITT: people pulling shit straight from their asses.
>>
>>26280266
The gen 5 pokedex turned off a lot of normies.
I didn't like them right away either.
>>
>>26276118
Hotcakes
They sold like hotcakes
>>
>>26275873
There are probably retards who bought it just for Red/Blue/Yellow.
>>
>>26276283
>make the worst game in a franchise
>get BTFOed
>doesn't want to work in full force now because assmad about his vision of dream game being destroyed
he just needs to have some sense beaten in, fucking japs
>>
>>26290643
It was better because they actually bothered correcting most of the mistakes that made BW1 shit
>>26290776
>having taste is now being a normie
k
>>
>>26290776

No gen 5 Pokémon, bar maybe Chandelure, were memorable to me.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.