[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dex Padding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: aloladex.jpg (1001KB, 1816x1192px) Image search: [Google]
aloladex.jpg
1001KB, 1816x1192px
So we're all pretty damn certain this isn't another BW style reboot, which means GF'll be filling out the Alola dex with old pokemon. How big a dex do you think we'll really see with this? It seems unlikely we'll see another dex the scale of the 3x151 thing that Kalos had going; and hopefully not another 70 new mon set like Kalos. But what would you prefer? 200 dex: 100 new mon? 300 dex: 150 new mon? And what environs are we expecting/hoping for? Which older pokemon do you think are shoeins? Which are you hoping make the cut?

Most tropical animals seem like a shoe in
No way there won't be a volcano dungeon
Extensive Surf (and Dive) routes seem certain
Space themed thing?
>>
>>26272007
Why are we certain about that?
>>
It more than likely IS a BW style reboot.
>>
>>26272035
There are non Alola pokemon in the SunMoon trailer and teaser videos?
>>
>>26272052
based on what exactly?
>>
>>26272054
Meowth could be a pet brought with you. Pikachu and Wailer merch too. Old Pokemon in concept art could be placeholders.
>>
>>26272007
Like how Kalos was split in 3 in the dex, the islands will each have their own dex partition. They could probably make it ~450 like Kalos, and then use that as a means to make the next competitive year restricted and fun like 2014 was.
>>
File: Trubbish.png (117KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
Trubbish.png
117KB, 468x263px
>>26272007
ur face for celebrating pokemon 20yr they release new 151 pokes
>>
>>26272068
Because odd number gens excel in Pokedex number count?
>>
>>26272091
The "mother" figure seems like a local, unlike the protag. I'd sooner assume it's your aunt, mother of your cousin, than your mom.
>>
>>26272139
>odd number gens
You mean 1? Where there was the smallest dex and also a null and void example since it was the first gen?
or 3 where a full 3rd of the dex was old pokemon?
or 5, the only actual example that works, but that by itself doesn't constitute a pattern?

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>26272215
>Gen 1: 151 New Pokemon
>Gen 3: 135 Pokemon
>Gen 5: 150 New Pokemon
>5, the only actual example that works
>but that by itself doesn't constitute a pattern

Are YOU literally retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 800x800px
>>26272133
This would be glorious
>>
>>26272143
>>26272091
>>26272054
There's a straw cat cage in your room. I certainly thing you're moving in with your aunt/uncle and Meowth is brought along with you
>>
>>26272007
Thank god for odd number generations.
>>
>>26272362
>cat cage
>>
>>26272438
?
>>
>>26272054
that doesn't mean a whole lot. not only were they special pokemon, but they are not going to reveal any other pokemon than the starters and legendaries. so others will be used. this most likely very much so is a Alola-only region until elite four.
>>
I think we'll get a Gen 3 situation: mostly new mons, with a few old ones here and there.
>>
>>26272527
gen 3's variation sucked and is one of the problems present in gen 3/4
>>
>>26272215
>Where there was the smallest dex
>or 3 where a full 3rd of the dex was old pokemon?

wat

He's talking about new pokemon introduced in the gen, not the fucking national dex, you fucking idiot.
>>
File: LuvAlomomola.png (37KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
LuvAlomomola.png
37KB, 380x380px
It better have Alomomola and Tropius. Especially Alomomola.
>>
>>26272007
If the theory that there are several islands is true I'm hoping for small island dexes with like 100~150 pokémon each, similar to Kalos

I really appreciated the sheer diversity of selection in XY
>>
I'm completely fine with padding the dex with old mons as long as we get 130+ new.
>>
I don't see it
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/ff/272Ludicolo.png
>>
>>26272007
The only confirmed old mons to be in the regional are Meowth and Persian,concept arts doesn't confirm anything,they where just placeolders,the regional dex will probably be a balance of new and old like BW2 and platinum or focusing in new mons like Emerald with some old mons,and seeing a lot of people complained about the low number of pokemon and begin overshadowed by old mons,luckily we don't get again an horrible pokedex like kalosa and we'll get a balanced one like BW2.
>>26272623
They probably will be.
>>
>>26272733
This one
>>
>>26272007
If this WERE a reboot with all new mons, based on the GALAPAGOS Islands instead of Hoenn2.0, then it would be a first-day buy for me. So much wasted potential.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.