[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCKING HAWAII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: hoenn.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
Why? Remember how well things went last time we had a tropical setting?

Am I the only one who's losing hope for the franchise? It's becoming such a messy clusterfuck of shit. I want to be hyped but I simply can't. How do you do it?
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 443x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 443x265px
>>26269559
I'm hyped for clown bro and character customisation. Also, it's pokémon, it'll be fun no matter how many repels are needed.
>>
I'm stop stupid enough to believe they're going to design a region the exact same way as one from 13 years ago because they share a similar theme
>>
SOON so far looks perfect. Take out all the water from hoenn and it's just like any other game.
>>
>>26269559
>implying every tropical region will be exactly like Hoenn
>>
>>26269559
Im capable of having fun and emotion OP
>>
hawaii is kawaii
>>
File: 1eoxempDW1r9x7nu.gif (913KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1eoxempDW1r9x7nu.gif
913KB, 500x380px
>>26269571
This. I just want to train my circus bro of a starter, an ample amount of new Pokemon, and be able to explore a vast region, especially if it's Hawaii
>>
>>26269559
>Remember how well things went last time we had a tropical setting

Yes I do, it was awesome, and with most XY engine, it will be even better.
>>
>>26269559
Not giving a crap about past mistakes and focusing on what they're doing now.
Who knows? They might actually do something decent. At any given point anything can go to shit, pokémon's not the sad little special biscuit of the jar. It doesn't mean it sucks forever and beyond.
Especially not so because it's set in Hawaii.
>>
>>26269559
>there is an element in this new game that is vaguely similar to an element in an older game that I hated
>this new game will unquestionably be shit because of this
How does it feel to be such a stupid moron, OP?
>>
>>26269559
As a guy who has played all gens since I got Blue, Hoenn was a great experience in Emerald if you ignore the water routes (or aren't retarded and use max-repels), and they were a problem mainly for their pokemon variety.
If they don't make the same mistake I'm sold.
>>
File: phoebe.png (168KB, 359x600px) Image search: [Google]
phoebe.png
168KB, 359x600px
speaking of hoenn/alola, she's bound to make an appearance, right?

did fantina appear in kalos?
>>
>>26269744
Whenever you tell somebody to use repels in Hoenn, they get mad and say "why do I even HAVE to do that in the first place" like repels haven't existed since the beginning of the series.
>>
>>26269775
Literally mai waifu
>>
>>26269775
>did fantina appear in kalos?

No, but Fantina was only French in the localization

Lt. Surge did appear in Unova
>>
so are we gonna be able to go to Unova since they're both based of the US?
>>
>>26269559
Gen 3 had a lot of flaws but the region definitely wasn't one of them.
>>
File: Zygarde.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>26269801
>>
>>26269801
I wouldn't hold my breath. Hawaii is about as far away as you can get from New York within the US
>>
File: image.png (689KB, 830x770px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
689KB, 830x770px
>>26269559
You now realise the only reason GF made ORAS instead of Kalos sequels was to be able to reuse the assets for Sun and Moon
>>
>>26269801
Hawaii is closer to Japan than it is to New York. It's more likely that we'll be able to go to Kanto/Johto, although I don't think that's likely at all.
>>
>>26269859
I would believe this, but SM's mapping is at a different scale than Gen 6 so they wouldn't be able to reuse Hoenn stuff that well at all
>>
File: image.png (454KB, 585x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
454KB, 585x357px
>>26269919
The coloring is the same as in ORAS.

The game runs at 30 fps and the framerate drops like mad if there is too much going on the screen just like in ORAS.

And the background details are still low res and shitty. Just look at that fucking cloud.
>>
>>26270060
All of those problems you listed are a result of GF being terrible at 3D optimization, not asset reuse.
>>
>>26270093
stop acting like gamefreak are still some, small independent company. any blame lies with nintendo as a whole.
>>
>>26270060
Dude. It's played on a Gameboy. The screen is like 10cms. Frame rate and resolution isn't that big of a deal.
>>
>>26269779
"Why do I HAVE to battle to progress through the game"

This is what complaining about repels sounds like.
They could be more intuitively implemented like with the press of a button but either way it's a major mechanic in-game.
>>
>>26270121
>small independent company

They are. Only 70 people work there and they aren't even 1st party under Nintendo.

Not that it excuses how terrible their optimization skills are, there are plenty of even smaller teams that are able to get their games running smoothly. I'm not even sure why we're talking about Nintendo when the topic is whether or not SM is reusing ORAS assets.
>>
I hope Phoebe makes a cameo
>>
>>26269559
Sinnoh is vast, diverse and comfy
Unova is xbox hueg, vibrant and very busy
Kalos is quite large, stylish and full of surprises

Yes, Hoenn might have been a gargantuan fuck up but every region since then has been great, I have faith in the region design at the very least.
>>
>>26269559
>instead of trumpets, ukuleles
>>
Why is Pokemon always set in areas where wealthy whites and Asians go on vacation?

Why can't we have a region based on India or Bangladesh or central Africa?
>>
>>26272248
India is too cyberpunk dystopia for the Pokemon franchise.
>>
>>26272248
>Why is Pokemon always set in areas where wealthy whites and Asians go on vacation?

Ask yourself what race the current director of the series is and you'll know.
>>
>>26269559

>mfw I liked Hoenn and it's my second favourite region
>I even liked the remakes

allsmiles.jpg

at least it's going to have some personality, unlike Kalos. Which was just sort of a place, with a desert bit, and a swamp, and a cave.
>>
>>26273952
What, you didn't like all the copypasted cafes and pointless tipping?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.