[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are legendaries so ugly now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-245Suicune.png (70KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-245Suicune.png
70KB, 250x250px
I feel like all the legendaries now (mainly post Gen4) are so hideous and tryhard. They look like something you'd see on a YuGiOh card or a zoid. They're designed to be supremely edgy and """cool""" instead of original or elegant.

The dog trio, the bird trio -- hell, even Kyogre and Groudon have a certain coolness about them without having to be wrapped in a hundred sharp yellow spikes. They were just designed better.

tl;dr: these two new legendaries look like dog shit
>>
>>26249054
The original creator doesn't work anymore. It's probably the reason why they've had such a hard time making original designs as good as the old ones.
>>
>>26249054
difficult to design?
maybe. I don't know?
>>
>>26249233
I mean.. there are always good and bad pokemon in every gen. And these newer gens have had some really creative and very well designed pokemon.

But when it comes to the legendaries they've become consistently garbage ever since those ugly things back in Gen4. And Arceus is the ugliest motherfucking concept ever made
>>
>>26249233
Sugimori has been in charge of the design since the start.
Tajiri came up with the original concept and mechanics and he's still in GameFreak just not as involved.
>>
>>26249233
The sacred beasts weren't even designed by the main designers during GSC
>>
Lengendaries have been improving since the nadir that was gen 4

This duo is the best since Lugia & Ho-Oh, easily
>>
>>26249054
gen3 ruined legendaries.
>>
>>26249054
I think Reshiram/Zekrom and Xerneas/Yveltal looked organic enough. Gen 4 was pretty outlandish but I give them a pass on them being extraterrial gods and such

this new duo, I don't know they really look digimon-esque, mainly the skeleton cosmic bat thing
>>
>>26249054
Speak for yourself, that bat legendary is delightfully fuckable.
>>
Is there a complete break down of who designed what pokemon? The only thing like that I'm aware of is the image that is always posted showcasing the American who made the ice cream pokemon.
>>
>>26250474
>American who made the ice cream pokemon.
poetry
>>
>>26249054
>posting Shitcune as an example of good design
At least post Mew or Lugia or something. Suicune is the definition of tacked-on details.
>>
File: Suicune_anime.png (2MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Suicune_anime.png
2MB, 1174x881px
>>26250511
Get out of my face, plebeian. Suicune is elegance incarnate. If you want tacked-on details go look at this shit moon bat or that giratina thing

Raiku does look a little tryhard though.
>>
File: suicine.jpg (642KB, 875x685px) Image search: [Google]
suicine.jpg
642KB, 875x685px
>>26250660
Suicine is a fucking furfag's sparkledog.
>>
>>26250367
According to bulbapedia. Muneo Saitō designed the legendary beasts and hasn't had a position since HGSS.

>>26250511
Suicune's got a godlike design.
>>
File: Riolu.png (99KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Riolu.png
99KB, 360x360px
>>26249054
>Dog trio
>>
File: 1417110378494.jpg (96KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1417110378494.jpg
96KB, 800x900px
>>26249054
Because you're a growing boy and you have finally realized that everything in this world is despicable and nothing will ever please you.
>>
>>26250823
Except that's not true. Like I already said >>26249377 here, I still enjoy the new gen designs. Gen 5 definitely started going in the right direction and Gen 6 had some good designs too.

It's just the new legendaries that look like absolute garbage
>>
>>26250660
>elegance
It can convey whatever it wants. Doesn't change the fact that it has tacked-on features, like it's weird Crystal-shaped hat or those streams of toilet paper stuck to its ass. They don't make sense and don't flow with the design.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.