[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good bye chibi overworld.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: eeeee.png (458KB, 914x365px) Image search: [Google]
eeeee.png
458KB, 914x365px
Good bye chibi overworld.
>>
>>26247045
The chibi style was GOAT. I wonder why they changed it?
>>
>>26247159
muh Colosseum
>>
>>26247159
Because it was fuckin garbage.
>>
This looks so much better desu
>>
>>26247159
Chibi style was lazy, ugly, and made me nostalgic for sprites

Gen 7 saved us
>>
>>26247159
Because it looked ugly as sin
>>
>>26247159
Normies, the answer is always Normies.
>>
>>26247045
Looks much better, now they need to make it look less empty. Honestly this gets said a lot but, the Yokai watch overworld was really pretty
>>
>>26247159
because it was shit
>>
>>26247159
That way pokemon can be put in the overworld without making new sprites. It also let's them show trainers during every battle instead of just for special trainers.
>>
>>26247045

Thank god.

They should have killed the chibis the moment sprites died. I loved the chibi sprites, but the gen 6 engine looked fucking awful. Especially when they tried to do close-up shots. Part of what made the Pokemon games so great was because you could imagine the characters expressions and stuff, while not having to look at this tiny sprite. Gen 6 thought ''hey, lets show off how awful the pixel textures are on the models, CLOSE UP!"

Disgusting.
>>
>>26247254
When they showed off Lumiose City in XY for the first time, it was very empty and looked heavily WIP.

It's safe to assume they'll add more as time goes on.
>>
>>26247045
Sun moon protag is a manlet. MANLET.
>>
>>26247159
i'm glad the chibi style its gone
But they're gonna have to make the overworld bigger and the camera smaller to compensate
>>
File: b49.gif (58KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
58KB, 165x115px
>>26247376
Age personalization never
>>
>>26247159
>The chibi style was GOAT. I wonder why they changed it?

You think the chibi style was better and not the result of; laziness, low budget, lack of creativity, under staffed, out of time and lowered fidelity? The new one is better by miles and miles, not even a FUCKING contest. How can you have nostalgia goggles for something that came out 2 years ago?
>>
Good bye large map.

You are now aware that tiny island we've seen is supposed to be the third biggest in Hawaii. That tiny city is also based on the most populated one.
>>
>>26247435
Because in the Pokemon games, everyone is all 100% gung-ho about Pokemon, I'd be super fucking weird for someone to wait until they're 18 or older to have their first pokemon. You'd look like a loser at the least.
>>
>>26247159
I don't know but I will miss it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.