[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that they'll never balance all of the Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wigglytuff.png (118KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
wigglytuff.png
118KB, 431x431px
Daily reminder that they'll never balance all of the Pokemon to make all of them all equally competitively viable, which is why the series sucks.

How can you be autistic and not care about this?
>>
>>26244640
Daily reminder that balancing 400+ pokemon so that any one is equally as good as the other on a team is actually impossible.

Pokemon are divided into

Typing
Ability
Stats
Movepool

And there are limited combinations of the above without making pokemon the same.
>>
>>26244640
Because, I am not a competitive player.
I have no interest in online competitive battles.
>>
>>26245059
Fuck off, Richard.
>>
Hey anon

I know you hate the word but let me tell you

Tiers exist for a reason
>>
They were never meant to be balanced, hence why there are lower evolution pokemon who have all around worse stats than their evolutions. And ofcourse Legendary Pokemon are purposefully more powerful than everything else.
>>
Valve couldn't balance NINE characters on TF2, what makes you think the 720 (and now more) is doable?

It isn't. It never will be. No competitive game is fully balanced. There is always going to be the best and the worst.
>>
>>26244640
How can you be autistic and care this much?
>>
>>26244640
>>26244723
>>26245133
>>26245139
the game is perfectly balanced because both sides are the same

retards
>>
>>26244723
It's probably intrinsically impossible to perfectly balance anything, but they could make an effort to get closer to that ideal.

In X and Y they, for some reason, gave certain pokemon +10 buffs to certain stats, but never more than +10. That was confounding to me because it made no difference.

>And there are limited combinations of the above without making pokemon the same.
True, but I feel like those potential combinations are vast. I won't bother crunch the numbers, but there have to be at least tens of thousands of viable combinations thereof.

Seriously if I want to roll with Wigglytuff competitively, that should be a thing. As it stands I'm basically just handing the opponent a victory. It's not that the differences are marginal, some of them are simply vast. (I'm not a Wigglytuff fan, just using it as an example.)

>>26245059
I'm not a competitive player because the shit's not balanced. I don't want to have to use or see the same 30 dudes. It kind of defeats the purpose of having other dudes; they're just collectible trinkets.

>>26245133
Well yeah, I meant final evolutions specifically.

>>26245114
Tiers would work for me if they were enforced by the actual game. If I have to set up a tier match outside of the game then I'm not really interested. It's arguable that there's tiers within tiers.

I don't hate the word, it's just that tiers are user-defined and don't exist in-game, or in official tournaments. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't really followed the game since X&Y.
>>
>>26245310
Literal autism.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.