[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola Region Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_2016-05-10-08-27-46.png (629KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-10-08-27-46.png
629KB, 960x540px
So, are we getting a region withou cities but only with islands? This island is as big as Lumiose. A new region with a new formula would soung amazing
>>
I really hope this is the case
>>
I'll bet theres a water route going south and this is just the "big island", which will be the starter island of sorts. Theres probably going tobe several gyms in non-traditional locations, I wouldn't be shocked to find one in the cave in the top right or in the volcano
>>
>>26241899
Is that a town in the top left?
>>
File: l.php.jpg (1MB, 1442x1137px) Image search: [Google]
l.php.jpg
1MB, 1442x1137px
>>26243224
that island is one of the smaller IRL ones, there will most likely be larger islands
>>
>>26243406
Seems to be, looks like two towns and one city on this island.
>>
>>26243449
I could actually see this as three sections, Oahu is one, Molokai, Lanai, and Maui are all one sector and you can surf between them, and Hawaii is the biggest section of the region in terms of explore-able landmass.
>>
>>26241899
lol why even have cars and roads when the island is this size? the scale in pokemon regions is always so strange
>>
>>26241899
TOO MUCH WATER
O
O

M
U
C
H

W
A
T
E
R
>>
OBAMA CONFIRMED
>>
Maybe it's like the sevii islands?
>>
>>26241899
Mountain areas fucking everywhere. It's gonna be static """""dynamic""""" camera hell where you cant see two feet ahead without the camera changing position isnt it?
>>
>>26241899
IS THAT DIAMOND HEAD I SEE? This is definitely Oahu.
>>
>>26243449
Yes, but Oahu is also the only island that has any real city in the form of Honolulu. Hawaii is mostly rural.

I mean they can make cities up for Alola though.
>>
>>26243760
Yes, that's Diamond Head. You can also see what appears to be Pearl Harbor and the Sacred Falls in the back.
>>
File: big island snow.jpg (133KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
big island snow.jpg
133KB, 636x357px
Reminder that Hawaii is not all tropical, the Big Island has snow and deserts.
>>
>>26243562
Food and goods arent getting from that port to the city by hand, then those workers aren't going to want to spend an hour walking home.
>>
>>26243873
It wouldn't even take an hour to do a whole lap of that island.
>>
I'm almost sure that we will be able to return to previous region in addition to other island.

" It all comes together "

With the concept art of different means of transportation for me the " tourism" is a key word for these games.
>>
>>26241899
Call me Kalosfag or whatever, but I've got the feeling that Alola is not the only place that will be in the game. Hawaii isn't really that big of a place and transportation between several islands would be a pain in the ass.
I'm thinking that Alola will be the place where we'll start, but that we'll have to leave at some point in order to continue with the game, then return to it.
The ship at the harbour could easily be the one that transports you to that other region, which could be the South Kalos that Zfags wanted, or some other entirely different place.
I'll be wrong and I will be severely disappointed when I find out that there'll just be a gym per island or some bullshit like that, but speculating is fun.
>>
>>26243988
The leaks confirmed that we will revisit a PART of Kalos, most likely for Zygarde. But that's it.
No way in hell GF redesigned the entirety of Kalos to match the SM style.
>>
>>26243455
So two towns and a city on the third largest island.
>>
>>26243871
Island hopping confirmed?
>>
>>26243988
How would travel between islands be a pain? They could just make it like the Sevii Isles in FRLG where there's a ferry service with a list of the islands to go to.
>>
>>26244043
>The leaks confirmed that we will revisit a PART of Kalos
fucking what?
>>
For me we will revisit several previous region included kalos but like you said not the entirety of the regions , just the notable areas.

We will seek for hints related to alola's legends , like the strange souvenir.
>>
>>26244043
Where?
>>
>>26243969
>I'm almost sure that we will be able to return to previous region

I wouldn't get my hopes up.
>>
So we're still doing the "inexplicable rock rings to mark the edge of the water zones" thing eh?
>>
>>26244116
This was posted a few weeks ago.

>Owl Starter, NOT Roothoot
>Sun Legend is a Lion but leakerhasn't seen it at that time
>Starters have a type triangle that will surprise everyone
>Battle frontier is included and after working through some tutorial style events you can visit PARTS of Kalos, they made the parts bit very clear

It wouldn't make sense to find Zygarde in the new Region, on literally the other side of the planet. There will most likely be an airport that brings the player to Kalos in the postgame, maybe it is only south Kalos, or less.
>>
>>26244235
They need a way to stop players from surfing out endlessly. The alternative would be either invisible walls or no surfing routes at all.
>>
File: 1462884316059.png (155KB, 2456x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1462884316059.png
155KB, 2456x1044px
>>26244267
I fucked up and forgot the picture
>>
File: 1462135504037.jpg (33KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
1462135504037.jpg
33KB, 591x352px
>>26244043
That's what I meant with SOUTH Kalos.
>>26244077
>Having to walk to the harbour
>Getting stopped by the evil team
>>durr we can't let u use da ferry u gotta surf MWAHAHAHA
Seriously though, the ferry thing would be boring as fuck anyway. There will barely be any routes if they'll stay in Hawaii/Alola. Only the Big Island has enough space, but there's almost nothing in that island IRL, and it seems that they're going for authenticity here because what we've seen so far looks just like IRL Oahu, so I doubt they'll put a huge hub city or some bullshit like that in there.
>mfw that happens
>>
>>26244267
>This was posted a few weeks ago
what was posted? bullshit? that sounds like nothing at all, much less 'confirmed'

half the people on this board called a lion sun legend on direct day 1
>>
>>26243449
Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, Maui and Hawaii will probably be part of the main game. Kauai could be where the Pokemon League is located and Niihau could be a post-game like the Battle Resort.
>>
>>26244294
strong tides would be a lot easier to swallow than super convenient rock formations IMO
>>
>>26244407
But that would confuse people who just played ORAS since tides already are used for something else
>>
Hawaii is pretty close to japan and america in boat and more in plane and to france in plane.

We could switch with their pokémon equivalent.

It's one of the most touristic destination.

We start as a citizen of alola who whant to travel for some myths.

I"ve got too much optimism , they send too much dream , i will be disapointed.
>>
Now that I think of it, segmenting the region into islands is a smart way of keeping a large region with the bumped up graphics, while still dealing with 3DS hardware limitations.
>>
>>26241899
>Honolulu
>largest city in the region
>only a dozen buildings
>>
>>26244267
Is there a screenshot of the leak or something?
>>
File: 300px-Saffron_City_HGSS.png (144KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Saffron_City_HGSS.png
144KB, 300x229px
>>26244815
>Saffron
>Tokyo
>>
>>26244524
It's heavily implied that you just arrived in Alola. That's also another thing that hints that you'll have to leave the place at some point, so you go back to where you came from or something along those lines.
>>
>>26244880
it was just some anon saying 'i totally saw this guys, trust me, i work at gamefreak'
>>
>>26245429

Sauce? That seems interesting.

>>26243871

Mods sticky pls

Because I can already hear the whining about "HOEN 2.0" already.
>>
>>26244880
>>26245478
That information was posted 3 weeks ago here on 4chan, together with this pic >>26244298

Could be bullshit, but at least the drawing was kinda right. Make of it what you want.
>>
>>26243449
Looking at this map, I can see it starting there with 1-2 gyms, then moving to Molokai, then Lania, then Maui, to then Kahoolawe (and likely the surf HM then because reasons), before moving via surf to the Hawaii island, and finally going to both Niihau and Kauai to finish up and go to the IP for the league.

I think we need to look up geography and landmarks of each island if we want to know what to expect during this gaem.
>>
>>26245429
ur dum
>>
>>26245664
>>26245635
>>
File: welcome to paradise.png (529KB, 676x408px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to paradise.png
529KB, 676x408px
>>26245530
>>26245689
>>
>>26245288
Exactly. They did that once (due to hardware limitations in RBY/GSC and nostalgia in FRLG/HGSS) and seemed to have learned to make big cities actually seem big, then why are they making the same mistake again?
>>
>>26245562
>together with this pic
It wasn't. In the original thread the guy said that was the sun legendary. After today's trailer someone recolored the "leaked" legendary to match the moon legendary and to make the bullshit leaks seem legit.
>>
>>26245883
nigger you arrive in hoenn from a far off region and dont go anywhere else
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.