[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mainline Pokemon has always been a handheld-only series >NX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: kris.png (177KB, 400x569px) Image search: [Google]
kris.png
177KB, 400x569px
>mainline Pokemon has always been a handheld-only series
>NX is highly likely to be some kind of handheld/console hybrid
Looks like we'll get a ""console"" Pokemon in our lifetime, bros. Somebody hold me
>>
We will never see Kris again... She is dead.
>>
What about the N64&gamecube game?
>>
>>26219351
>mainline Pokemon
I obviously was talking about standard 8 gyms and evil team, catching Pokemon in tall grass kind of shit
>>
>DP remakes on the NX
They're gonna fuck it up aren't they? Trainers have 2 pokemon. Gyms have 3 and elite 4.
>>
>>26219319
>Kris Is dead?

No. she isn't.
>>
>>26219438
Metaphorically you idiot.
>>
Pokémon on home console.

I'm oh ok with that.
>>
>>26219430
Colloseum and XD had better structure and progression than the mainline games
>>
>>26219444
You are the idiot.

Kris current state is unknown.
>>
>>26219319

Better dead than not canon.
>>
Main Pokémon games should have been home console.
>>
I hope Nintendo realizes that practically no one is going to buy a home console from them. Outside of fans like us here and maybe a few million others, who is the NX marketed for?

>B-but Anon, we don't know anything about it yet! What if its magical and...

It won't be. Anything, and I mean _anything_ that Nintendo could possibly think of has already been done by other people. Seriously, what could Nintendo think of that their direct competition hasn't already? I can't think of one thing. The handheld probably won't match 3DS numbers just as the 3DS didn't match the DS. I want them to do well, but I can't possibly see how this is going to work in their favor.
>>
>>26219438
>>26219455
Fuck off, Richard. I'm going to finger you tonight.
>>
File: 1381109174677.png (154KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1381109174677.png
154KB, 500x281px
>mfw the games are locked to the handheld portion of NX
>>
>>26219492
>I can't think of one thing so Nintendo, one of the most innovative companies, can't!
>>
>>26219492

Think about all those ds/3ds only games. Now give them the an optional console polish.
>>
>>26219492
Didn't they say that NX would be marketed to gamers specifically? They tried marketing the Wii U to everybody and barely managed to save it last year. People buy Nintendo systems for fun games that aren't replaced by the next installment the following November.
>>
>>26219500
Not sexually arousing at all, since
I'm a male.
>>
>>26219492
The 3DS didn't match the DS numbers because the DS launched during a time when mobile gaming was only just making itself known. That's part of the reason why it did so well.

When the DS died most people moved to smartphone gaming. However, the 50 million people who bought the 3DS should show that there is obviously still some interest in dedicated handhelds. The market for dedicated handhelds is shrinking and being eroded by smartphones, yes, but there's no indication that Sony will be making a PSP/Vita 2 so it's likely Nintendo will have the dedicated handheld space all to itself and this can only work in their favour.

When the NX rolls around I expect it to have a fighting chance, maybe it might not do as well as the 3DS but for a dying breed the 3DS has done amazingly so for NX to even do as well as that would be a minor miracle.
>>
>>26219516
Nintendo's "creativity" has gotten them in to more trouble than not outside of 7th gen. They were being "creative" with the N64 and it cost them FF7 and millions of sales. They were being "creative" with the GameCube only having one top trigger instead of 2, and used mini disks. It cost them tons of 3rd party and the generation as a whole. The Wii was arguably the last thing that could shake up the industry and it did--for a while. 3/DS concept was innovative but is irrelevant now due to phones. The 3DS almost died because of the 3D no one cared about, so they dropped the price and took a small loss on it. The Wii U is abysmal, and the GamePad feels tacked on in everything but Splatoon. In SF0's case people outright called it a hindrance and went as far as to say it ruined the game.

Nintendo's best features about them is their GAMES, not whatever retarded idea they feel the need to add to their hardware that no one asked for.
>>
>>26219516
>Innovative

Putting a touch screen in the controller and launching your handheld at $250 with a shitty, low-res finnicky 3D screen that barely worked at all were both terrible ideas.

Forcing needless gimmicks into everything does not make them innovative.
>>
Knowing gamefreak they'll probably work with nintendo to lock it to the handheld, I wouldn't be surprised if that was something Nintendo allowed developers to do day 1.
>>
>>26219319
Kris is Lyra with different coloured hair. Just like how RGBY Red and FRLG Red are the same character.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.