[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug is resistant to fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: ishygddt.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
Bug is resistant to fighting
>>
>>26210361
Have you ever tried to punch a bug?
>>
Bugs, especially beetles like Heracross, are viewed as heroic in Japan(Look up Kamen Rider). Heroes don't fight other heroes.
>>
>>26210383
>Bugs are viewed as heroic in Japan
Just why? I know they got nuked but still.
>>
>>26210383
>Heroes don't fight other heroes.
This not quite that.
More like, "Heroes can endure fight attacks without a problem"
>>
>>26210367
Have you ever tried to punch water?
Or fire
Or the ground?
>>
>>26210437
All of them stay in place though.
>>
File: 1461168886032.jpg (12KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
1461168886032.jpg
12KB, 226x225px
>>26210426
>>
>>26210431
Bug isn't effective on Fighting and Fighting isn't effective on Bug. It's more about heroes not really fighting other heroic figures. It's why they're both effective against Dark, or "Evil" type in moon.
>>
>>26210367
>swatting a fly
>>
I always thought it was because they have exo skeletons, and huge movie/anime bugs have tough shells...
>>
>>26210367
Yeah, it got squished
>>
>>26210680
Soooooo it should be super effective lol
>>
>>26210383
This is such a bullshit explanation but I'll bite. In that case, why doesn't fighting resist itself?
>>
File: gondola muse.png (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gondola muse.png
46KB, 640x480px
>Grass is weak to Flying
>Poison is weak to Psychic
>Fire is resistant to Fairy but Ice isn't
>>
>>26210680
prove it
>>
>>26210361
Exoskeleton?
>>
>>26210767
>Grass pokemon is weak to Flying Pokémon.

A flying Pokemon can put the grass out the ground.
>>
>>26210767
A lot of birds eat seeds and make their nests in trees and stuff. I think it also makes sense from the idea of windstorms fucking up trees.

Psychic beating poison is to go with the idea of being able to mentally tough out being poisoned, being able to will yourself to survive. It's a mind-over-matter thing similar to psychic beating fighting.

Fire resists fairy purely for balance purposes, and GF likes to keep Ice with bad typing so they can keep making defensive ice types as a joke.
>>
We need another type relationship like that but with both SE to each other (like gen 1 Poison vs Bug). Maybe Psychic and Ghost? Or Ground and Steel (metal drills through the earth)?
>>
>>26210767
>Poison Pokemon is weak to Psychic Pokemon.

A Psychic Pokemon cure diseases.
>>
File: richevansmedium.jpg (22KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
richevansmedium.jpg
22KB, 500x392px
>>26212246
>Fire resists fairy purely for balance purposes
You mean purely to appease Charizardfags. 10 year olds don't want their badass black dragon dying to the gay ass type and genwunners don't want Charizard being weak to something NEW. He has to be strong against the shitty new stuff because he is the bestest of the OG 151!!
>>
>>26212258
also we don't yet have a type that totally immune to itself.
i wonder what such a type would do to the meta?
>>
>>26212246
Yea this >>26212285 and for blaziken, too. It's so convenient that somehow, Charizard, Blaziken and Lucario dont fear the new OP type fairies and that Gardevoir dont fear bugs

If it was really balance they wouldnt give another resistance to a type that's already one of the best defensive types in terms of resistances.
>>
>>26210367
I actually go out of my way to try to punch bees. It's so satisfying when you make the connection.
>>
>>26212285
AntiCharizardfags are getting out of hand.

No, GF didn't form a type resistance just for one Pokemon.
If GF wanted to keep Charizard sturdy, why make Stealth Rocks so effective against it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.