[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Gen IV THIS fucking based?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

File: 350px-Sinnoh-Region_Platinum.png (182KB, 350x247px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Sinnoh-Region_Platinum.png
182KB, 350x247px
Why is Gen IV THIS fucking based?
>>
I replayed Platinum recently after not having touched any gen 4 games for years and it's without a doubt the best pokemon game ever made
>>
>>26203986
This gen actually is the worst of all gens
>>
Because its the best
>>
The pokemon of Gen 4 are disgusting and the worst of the series. Region and music is nice though.
>>
I love this region,it was the frist game,the games where fun,cute,and the wild pokemon made sense in the region (like Unova and Hoeen),Kalos regional was a mess,so i hope Sun and Moon its more like sinnoh,a confy region,with diverse habitats and a regional dex that isn't overpopulated, quality over quantity pls.
And if the new region it's italy i have my hopes that los alpes will be as good ass mount corounet,and poke roma will be awesome!
>>
We get it, gen 4 was your first Pokemon game. Now come back to 4chan when you're not underage.
>>
>>26204048
You could be ten when d/p came out and be 20 now
>>
Gen 4 is the worst gen and made me quit the franchise for 6 years.
>>
2 = 5 > 3 = 6 > 1 >>> 4
>>
>>26204048
I have 18.
And does it matter for you if DPt are my favorite games?
God,genwunners are annoying.
>>
>>26204011
Like clockwork.
>>26204070
If you've ever dropped the games voluntarily the series isn't for you.
>>
>>26204076
>5 up that high

LMAO
>>
>>26204086
>If you've ever dropped the games voluntarily the series isn't for you.

Actually its one of my favourite franchises and greatly appeals to me. Gen 4 was just fucking dogshit.
>>
>>26203986
It had a good map.
Best region, honestly, with Johto a close second.
>>
>>26204101
Explain
>>
>>26203986
>Slow as shit
>Shit pokemon distribution
>Excesive HMs

Nah
>>
>>26203986
Gen IV had a great map, which is disappointing because the gameplay was slow as fuck and the wild pokemon distribution was awful.

>Flint
>>
>>26204137
>>26204143
Those are my problems with Gen IV
>>
From a purely artistic standpoint, the Pokemon on Gen IV were surprisingly well-designed in comparison to a lot of Gen III 'mon, as well as finishing some beloved evolution trees like for Magmar and Electebuzz. The route/town progression was also very rewarding as you explored further into the interior of Sinnoh, sometimes even having to backtrack majorly but unlocking large new areas in the process. GTS came into being with these games, along with wi-fi and internet. The team storyline was also surprisingly good compared to previous games, with likable leaders and their own pokemon. Largely though, this game shines for its music and pokemon. Some of the best tracks in the series were in this game (Canalave city, Galactic Boss fight, Route 209 (daytime), etc, along with the best starters we've had since Gen I.

Gen IV is undeniably the best for these reasons.
>>
I'm replaying platinum now, actually, with white 1 and 2 next up, and yeah it reminds me that I Hate this gen. The map and stuff is cool, I like the concept, but ore burgh is trash, galactic is trash, and the gameplay sucks. I hate my whole team right now.
Oddly enough, my favorite pokemon came from gen 4 though
Gallade
>>
D/P's battle system was slow as an old man's turd, bur Platinum and HG/SS fixed many of the issues.

If I were stuck on an island and only had one gen to play, it would probably be IV
>>
>>26204076
>Pokemon games
>Different
nah for real tell me about the details which make each one able to be different but ranked by the same measure
>>
>>26204137
I actually like the slow gameplay. It allows more enjoyment of the soundtrack.
>>26204143
>D/P Sinnoh Dex
Not even once. Platinum fixes it to one of the best Regional Dexes in series history.
>>
>>26204157
>From a purely artistic standpoint, the Pokemon on Gen IV were surprisingly well-designed in comparison to a lot of Gen III 'mon

Your opinion is so goddamn shitty I'm not even gonna finish reading your post.

Sinnohfetuses, everybody.
>>
>Kanto only has nostalgia going for it, it's boring
>Johto is the third best region. I love the japanese inspired locales, and all those little secret areas and explorable caves
>Hoenn is plain bad, the only thing I remember from it is the high pitched music (trumpets?) and water routes. Battle frontier is great
>Sinnoh is the best region, just look at the map, I don't have to explain why
>Unova is interesting, all the towns are unique and I love the music, but the map is stupid and linear. BW2 fixed it for me, second best region
I haven't played gen 6 yet
I started with Pokemon Red and my favorite game is BW2
>>
>>26204076
6 should be lower but THIS.
>>
>>26204189
He's right though.
A lot of gen 3's mon were already trash before it comepletely went down in 5. Gen 4 raised the overall quality up again
>>
File: 1443499144609.png (353KB, 690x664px) Image search: [Google]
1443499144609.png
353KB, 690x664px
>>26204195
>Hoenn is plain bad.
>Praises Johto.
>Says Unova "Fifteen step routes" is interesting.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion except you.
>>
>>26204189

I beg to differ.
>>
>>26204257
Hi hoennbaby!
I'm sorry I forgot Fortree and that city you can only access by dive. The rest are too samey though
4>5>2=3>>...>1
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 194x145px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 194x145px
Everything is matter of personal taste

That's why it's pointless to talk about which region is the 'best'

Also why a conversation about what music is good/bad is pointless
>>
I like Gen 4, but it is the worst Gen if you don't consider HGSS.
>>
>>26204005
You and I both. Good taste, anon.
>>
>>26204305
A lesson /vp/ will never learn
>>
HG/SS>FRLG=B/W2>PLATINUM>EMERALD>B/W>THE REST
>>
>>26204277
There were so many good looking ones, fucking great
>>
>>26204157
>the Pokemon on Gen IV were surprisingly well-designed in comparison to a lot of Gen III 'mon
Only the starters and the crossgen evos are amazing, the rest of the dex is very lackluster minus some exceptions.
Gen 4 is great, but not for its pokemon designs.
>>26204229
It's the exact opposite.
>>
>>26204195
>Hoenn, the region that introduced environment variety to the franchise, is plain bad
>Sinnoh, the region that copied Hoenn's variety (incredible obvious in the postgame) and is an HM fest, is best region
>calls the guy who disagrees with him a hoennbaby
Yep, you really don't have to explain why.

Mt.Coronet and the snow routes are some of the best moments of the entire franchise though and Sinnoh is a top tier region.
>>
>>26203986
Is this a region for ants?
>>
This has to be some sort of sick joke.

Either that or underage sinnohfetuses are slowly growing in numbers on here.
>>
Gen 4 was good, not my favourite but still good. Its definitely the gen to go to if you want to play Pokemon and put some effort into your team without actually playing competitive.
>>
>>26204478
This
>>
>>26204305
Discussions about the best region can also help people appreciate things that they might have taken for granted otherwise.
>>
So what is your general thought behind the mythical aspects of sinnoh? As in the backstory and such. Worked pretty well along with environmental design (mountain areas and such) + many of the sprites
>>
>>26204428
Of course I called him a hoennbaby, he's dismissing my OPINION because I didn't like Hoenn the best. I said I haven't played gen 6, so it's been 10 years since I touched a Hoenn game, and endless sea routes & port towns is all I remembered from it. Only Fortree, Soothopolis and Pacifidlog are truly unique. Maybe Lavaridge too. You can't compared it to Sinnoh's and Unova's variety
>>
>>26204543
Gonna have to drop a word on that. Pokemon variety throughout the region was trash as well. I don't think Kalos was bad either btw., simply based of its region
>>
File: 1452031497422.gif (370KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452031497422.gif
370KB, 490x750px
>>26203986

>THIS fucking based?

What are you talking about? The region? Mt. Coronet was a boring, dull and uninspired expanse of caves that, because it was in the middle of the fucking region, was everywhere.

You'd walk into a cave, expecting something interesting, and then you'd just find yourself in Mt. Fucking Coronet. You'd think, since it was the most important part of Sinnoh, it'd look cool inside. Maybe a few crystals. But no, it was fucking brown rocks everywhere. Dull, miserable and uninspired.

The gameplay was slow as well. The surf speed was just crazily slow, which is weird considering the fact that it was faster in Gen 3. The bike is also slow, unless you switch gears. But Gear 2 is fucking impossible to control.

The story is weak also. Even with all the info gathered from NPCs and books and everything else, Cyrus's character still remains undeveloped and rushed. His parents neglected him, he preferred machines to people, so he wants a world without emotion. Fine. But why fucking erase everything? Was he a crazy person? Why would he be that insane if there was no reason why?

He could have just made machines to erase emotions, or used the power of Mespirit to reverse all emotion and then use a mind control machine. In Platinum Cyrus's story is fleshed out, as is the general narrative. But it still falls flat on its face because it makes no sense.

Also, the amount of wild Pokemon is limited. I don't mind this. Makes the game more challenging.

But TYPE wise, it was a joke. If you don't choose Chimchar, your only Fire Type option is fucking Ponyta. And if you want a good Dark type option, too fucking bad. They don't exist in Sinnoh. Oh, unless a hideous skunk creature with Dark as it's secondary typing helps. Thank god for all the Water, Ground, Rock and Normal types everywhere!

I beat Pearl last week for the second time, and you know what? I enjoyed it. A lot. But is it the best? GOD NO.
>>
File: PMDEoS.png (852KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
PMDEoS.png
852KB, 1280x800px
>>26203986
>Why
ayyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>26204667
spinoff done right
>>
File: WAKE ME UP INSIDE.png (156KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP INSIDE.png
156KB, 270x270px
>>26204048

>DP was more than 9 years ago
>>
>>26204277
>not liking mismagius
>not liking empoleon
>not liking porygon-z
>not liking magnezone
>not liking shaymin
>not liking garchomp
>not liking staraptor
>not liking floatzel
>not liking froslass
>not liking chatot
>not liking weavile
>>
>>26204086
>If you've ever dropped the games voluntarily the series isn't for you.
Yes because there can't ever be a bad set of games in a overall good series.
>>
File: 1453402260740.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1453402260740.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>Defog
>>
Gen III is objectively the worst. Everything blends together in one gross, vomit-coloured, boring region. The designs are shit tier too.

FRLG was good though

Gen II is alright, but the games had really poor pacing overall. Johto is a nice region but I hated going through it.

Gen I sucks, but if you had it as a kid it's cool.

Gen IV is pretty rad. My favorite region, awesome Pokemon designs, best rival next to blue, best soundtrack. Need to play platinum if you want diversity in pokes though.

Gen V is alright. Cool region, nice story and characters, awesome Pokemon designs. I fucking hate the starters though. BW2 are overrated I think as well.

Gen VI is pretty awesome. Really cool region, cool gym leaders, megas, cool pokes, but story is grossly u derdeveloped. Also, your rivals are the worst of all in these games.
>>
>>26204048
I remember when this attitude was prevalent a couple years ago towards hoenn kids. Times have seriously changed. We're all in our mid 20s by now
>>
>>26204898
Jeez sinnohshits sure do get mad about hoenn.
You'd think they'd show a bit more respect since gen 4 ruined the best features it added.
>>
>>26204076
4>6=3>5>1>>>2
Fix'd
>>
>>26203986
I don't know, anon. That generation was the least fun I've ever had playing Pokemon. Something about it pissed me off and made it not very enjoyable.
>>
>>26204005
So true
>>
>>26205020
Same here
It also lasted for-fucking-ever
HGSS was good though. The art was good and the music in that didn't seem to all sound the same
>>
>>26203986
It was OK, started slow but ended strongly.
Diamond and Pearl were bland and slow.
Platinum was good because they fixed most of D/P's issues.
HGSS are GOAT.
>>
>>26204076
4>5>6>2>3>1
>>
>>26204869
If you think Gen IV is the bad set of games, you have a major malfunction.
>>
DP was shit.
HGSS was shit.
Platinum was decent.
>>
>>26205300
There's only two good things that came out of gen 4, the split and online.
The rest was a major downgrade.
>>
>>26205605
Shit taste detected.

Gtfo, bitch
>>
>>26204277
>Best starters
>Best regional bird
>Best HM slame rodent
>DELELELELLELELELELWHOOOOOOP
>Not electric/dark
>Roserade (though Budew a shit)
>OK fossils
Okay, Burmy family a shit
>Great bees
>Best pikaclone
Buizel & Floatzel are not half bad
>Cutest fruits
>Mother fucking Gastrodon
Ambipom has grew on me
>Ballon ghosts
>Lopunny
>Mismagius
>Meme bird
>Ugly cat that is a bitch in Floaroma
I hate Chingling
The skunks were unnecesary, but their type is great
>Motherfucking Bronzong
More babies, they're shit. Bonsly and Mime Jr are cute at least.
>Best gimmick
>Edgiest... thing
>Best dragon
>Munchlax
I know half of /vp/ hate Lucario for being so popular, but isn't he cool?
>Sand everywhere hippo version
>Not a bug anymore
>Fighting frog
>Forgettable but great Carnivine
>Forgettable fish, so forgettable I always remember it for that
Mantyke deserves death
>Hail spam
>Better Sneasel
>Magnemite's line savior
And all these cross gen evos. Yes, Lickilicky is awful, and Rhyperior is kinda ugly, but Electivire, Magmortar and Togekiss are fine at least, Tangrowth and Yanmega are great, the eeveelutions are cute, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Froslass and Gallade a best, Dusknoir totally unnecesary, and though many hate Probopass, one of the best for me.
>Best ghost
>Motherfucking Regigigas
>Edgiest legendary (Darkrai)
>Its non fairy partner
>Cutest legendary (Shaymin)
>God
Manaphy is alright too.
The other legendaries vary from meh to shit, but oh well.
Many of my favourite pokémon desu.
>>
>>26205798
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>26205798
p good opinions
>>
>>26205798
Let's not forget Barry, a rival who strives to be better than you, and you strive to be better than him
>>
>>26203986
>Walking Mons
>Crazy Cyrus Team Galactic
>Graphics were still sprites even though they really are junk compared to the stuff we have now

I loved Sinnoh and Johto

I want to pretend that Current Gen is great but that's just me being oldfag nostalgic

This current generation is great and it added a ton of cool stuff and the next gen will add even more

I loved Sinnoh though and Johto remakes were great
>>
>>26206025
>I want to pretend that Current Gen is great but that's just me being oldfag nostalgic
That's not how nostalgia works.
>>
>>26203986
Post em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpdKxBoF-ko
>>
>>26206057
It's a shame that music was used for that route.
>>
Eterna City day for best city music in pkmn
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 651x631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 651x631px
Sinnoh is just amazing. All sorts of weather and routes, an actual marsh, the volcano zone, amazing trainers, the first (and only) bug E4 and it kept the secret base AND contest features from the previous gen while also adding seals and partner battles.

I miss the partners. ;_; Definitely my favourite gen, even the slowness was fixed in Platinum. Add to that the fucking awesome HGSS and it's not hard to see why Gen 4 is fantastic.

Also: https://youtu.be/iWIXdXK3mnA
>>
How can anyone enjoy Sinnoh?
Everything is bright green and brown and don't get me started on the FUCKING snow route and the swamp route.
>>
>>26205605
/thread
>>
>>26206379
The night themes are comfy as shit. Definitely the best generation in terms of music
>>
>>26206228
Absolutely. I put my secret base under there just so I could listen to the music before diging.
>>
>>26205798
8/10 taste.

The starters were all equally usable, which was absolutely fantastic.
>>
The main problem Gen IV had was that godawful engine the games all ran on. Battles were too slow, framerate drops in places like Hearthome, I hated how sprite features would get deformed during movement. Also HM bullshit was at its very worst in D/P/Pt.
>>
The only bad thing about Gen IV was the lack of fire types. Best Gen aside from that
>>
>>26206434
Snow route was cool as shit, let's not pretend like it was a huge drag since pokemon routes aren't exactly large to begin with. Walking along the edges of the marsh wasn't hard and it was super obvious if you weren't retarded.
>>
>>26203986
Diamond and Pearl made me hate Pokemon and had me drop the series until BW. Platinum GOAT though. Fuck Diamond and Pearl
>>
>>26204945
6 and 3 being tied for best 2nd best gens? Absolute Garbage taste anon
>>
>>26205798

Fucking worst bugs Burmy/Wordam/Mothim

Liking a Pokemon only for its cry? Pre-evolution can't even learn moves for a total shit mon

Pretty shit taste here liking a weather gimik

Shittiest Fossils (Worse Aggron+Glass Cannon with no speed)

ALL THE BABY POKEMON

Shit Flotzel

Slow as shit no physical stab Luxray

Carnivine.... And Lumineon? You like them for being forgettable?

Fat mewoth clone

All the cross evos which I like that were unavailable in DP

Worst eeveelutions.

Another Steel/psychic

Pretty shit dex m8
>>
Saving

a

lot

of

data...
>>
>>26207028
>not liking lumineon

Uhmmm out
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.