[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can we all agree that IVs need to be removed in S/M?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: 250px-001Bulbasaur[1].png (71KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-001Bulbasaur[1].png
71KB, 250x250px
So can we all agree that IVs need to be removed in S/M?
>>
No because it's still a gen 6 game.

They should be removed in the games after though.
>>
Yes.
>>
Are IT'S in Pokémon yellow?
>>
>>26198474
No, they're a good mechanic. Being angry at your bros sucking shit and not being competitive-level just makes it sweeter.
>>
no unless you want every single pokemon of the same species to be identical.
This would make the metagame significantly more cookie cutter than it already is.
>>
>>26198498
>no unless you want every single pokemon of the same species to be identical.

yeah because it's not like gender, abilities, moves, EVs, and natures exist or anything.

It wouldn't make competitive more cookie cutter because 99% of the meta uses nothing outside of 0/1/30/31.
>>
Yes please. They're a good mechanic in theory but when faggots just breed to get the best ones it ruins the whole concept.
>>
>>26198498
How so? Most faggots on Battle Spot have 5IV injected shinies anyway. And do you actually think the people at VGC soft-resetted for shit like perfect Groudon and Xerneas?
>>
>>26198512
>because 99% of the meta uses nothing outside of 0/1/30/31.
Okay so remove those and you literally have ONE set of IVs. You've reduced an infinite amount of pokemon variations to a lot less.
>>
>>26198520
Then just make IVs non-breedable.
>>
>>26198493
What if I don't want to have to spend 10 hours breeding the perfect Pokemon just so I can battle competitively?
>>
>>26198489
They're in every game.
>>
>>26198541
Just make genes non-passable.

>mfw some robot wants this
>>
>>26198540
It's not a lot less because everything already runs the same fucking IV spreads. It wasn't infinite to begin with. It's not like EVs where there's a reason and a bunch of different strategies you can employ by changing spreads. IVs are always just min/maxed across the board.
>>
>>26198541
>Just give more advantage to the hackers instead of people playing the game legitimately
How about no?
>>
>>26198551
Tough luck, then. Use a simulator.
>>
They're making IVs easier and easier to control each successive generation to the point where I think they'll flat out get rid of them eventually. It's a matter of time.
>>
>>26198551
Literally your fucking problem.
>>
File: Thinking.png (65KB, 189x186px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking.png
65KB, 189x186px
>>26198557
>everything is now allotted 100 IV points
>distributed randomly
>items/mechanic to move points around
>>
>>26198541
Did you even think before posting? This is the most retarded idea I've seen in a very long time.
>>
>>26198541
Then people just catch perfect iv's, and its the same deal all over again until they may as well all be the same.

The only thing I can see fixing iv's is they worked on a point system like ev's meaning you'd need to focus on specific stats rather than all of them. Other than that natures and EV's work well enough by themselves.
>>
>>26198541

So go back to giving hackers the advantage they had back in 3rd/4th gen?
>>
>>26198480
Here's your (you)
>>
>>26198594
>you will never have Pokémon as powerful as they could be in Gens 1 and 2 where Stat Exp. was a thing and allowed you to max out every stat provided every DV was also 15
Why live?
>>
>>26198498
But they basically are the same already as people just breed for the best iv's ruining the point of the system.
>>
Everybody but the autistic breedingfags
>>
>>26198616
The point was to differentiate Pokémon of the same species and level. The problem was that they did that with stats and not something inconsequential.
>>
>>26198474
They add 0-31stat points at level 100 anon depending on your iv....
>>
>>26198498
Everybody but Trick Room users run penta perfects anyways
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>26198574
>>26198583
>>
I agree, but only because people min/max the same IV spreads anyway. If there were some way to control hidden power then it'd be perfect and they could go right away
>>
>>26198551
>not just pkhexing your team
>not double checking to make sure they are look as legit as humanly possible
The only difference is between 30 minutes and 300 hours.
>>
File: CIA-chan.jpg (29KB, 392x453px) Image search: [Google]
CIA-chan.jpg
29KB, 392x453px
>>26198654
>I have no argument so I'll just call it autism

You're a dumb guy desu
>>
>>26198654
>those retards will reply calling YOU the autist for actually playing the game
>>
>>26198664
just make hidden power always hit for 60 with normal typing and put in an npc who can change the typing of your hidden power in exchange for a gem of the same type
>>
>>26198641
Yeah except it does literally fuck all in competitive play as everyone just breeds for the best stats. They may as well be the same.
>>
>>26198685
Or they can just be removed, and I don't have to hack in the first place.
>>26198694
It's tedious. It isn't fun. They're hard to understand and know if you're doing correctly. They don't require any skill.

How can anyone knowingly accept such a pointless and arbitrary feature?
>>
>>26198851
>They don't require any skill.
Nor does the majority of Pokemon mind you.
>>
>>26199298
>>
>>26199334
It's not bait. A lot of Pokemon (especially competitive) is basically hoping for min/max damage or a hax.

Everyone should know match-ups so the only thing you really have to do in Pokemon is predict what your opponent will do.
>>
>>26198551
>ten hours

I mean, unless you want a shiny, c'mon man (^:
>>
>>26198480
I thought all the 6.5 fags had finally fucked off
>>
They can keep IVs but they need to make them changeable now. Either by making Vitamins increase IVs instead EVs, since we have Super Training for EVs now, or by making some new Training for IVs instead of EVs.
>>
Just give the player a perfect Ditto after they clear the game. You don't really need perfect IVs unless you're playing competitively anyway.
>>
>>26199361
>the only thing you really have to do in Pokemon is predict what your opponent will do.

Which, being such a big part of Pokemon, takes a lot of work.

Also, match-ups won't help you in every situation. You have to have knowledge of Pokemon. What if you send out a ghost type and assume that you're invulnerable since your opponent is normal, but really has scrappy?

I've had plenty of situations where, for instance, I sent out my Granbull and people switch into a fighting type because they assume he's still normal. Having knowledge on all 722 should be more important than..

Fuck, what am I even arguing anymore? Why do you support IVs? Are you a masochist?
>>
>>26198493
I just hate the repetitive nature of it. I hate spending hours riding around waiting for the perfect egg. If they could change that part (maybe make it a mini game or something like with everything training ) I'd be fine
>>
>>26198474
we cant all agree on anything.
Some people have really shitty opinions transpired from their really shitty upbringings.
>>
>>26198474
>im too fucking retarded to use destiny knot

No jimothy theyre not removing anything, now go back to your poketuber battle sims
>>
>>26198474
Either that or everything should be 31 locked. While we are at

>egg moves can also be learned by move tutors
>natures can be changed anytime ingame (my Pikachu is feeling brave, sometimes its timid or modest, etc) and locked on battles
>abilities can be changed easily too

Imagine, you can catch a Pokémon on your campaign and actually use him on competitive, too, instead of boxing it because it doesnt have the IVs/nature/specific move that you need on competitive

Instead were going to waste time on breeding Simulator forever
>>
>>26199448
>Why do you support IVs?
When did I say that?

Having common knowledge of Pokemon isn't anything special. You should learn the types and abilities of every Pokemon if you want to battle effectively. It's not luck or prediction.
>>
File: BW15.jpg (82KB, 1660x972px) Image search: [Google]
BW15.jpg
82KB, 1660x972px
>>26198474
>wanting more casualfags in a game that is already filled with casualfags
>>
File: 1449387322334.png (2KB, 144x145px) Image search: [Google]
1449387322334.png
2KB, 144x145px
>>26199585
Is an autism gateway truly better than a casual filter?
>>
>>26199510
It's too fucking complex
>>26199563
Then what are you arguing for? EVs take skill because they require strategy in choosing the right spread, IVs are just bullshit that everyone handles the same and doesn't contribute anything
>>26199585
>spending hours in your mother's basement breeding "the perfect pokemon" is a barrier between casual and experts
>>
>>26198474
>remove
Why not just make it easier? Like introduce a new item or super training IVs edition.
I'm sure GF could work something out.
>>
>>26199585
But removing IVs actually makes the game less casual you retard

For ingame runs, all trainers have 0 IVs on their Pokemon. So unless you're astronomically unlucky and randomly got 0 IVs on your pokemon, they will always be stronger than enemy pokemon of the same species and level. And assuming on all your pokemon have an average spread of 15 in each stat, they are significantly stronger.

As far as competitive pokemon goes, it doesn't make the game any more or less casual since everyone runs perfect IVs anyways.

The only thing that changes is the tedium of breeding perfect IV pokemon, or grinding soft-resets trying to get perfect IV legendaries, which if you honestly defend all that means is that Gamefreak has given you Stockholm syndrome from how much you autistic grinded and you don't want all that to go to waste. Also, contrary to popular belief, breeding would not be useless if IVs were removed, since egg moves, natures, etc would still exist.
>>
>>26198480
Uhm. How?
>>
File: 1448310380995.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448310380995.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>there are people who don't like IVs
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.