[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this fucker any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Mega-Heracross.jpg (81KB, 950x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Heracross.jpg
81KB, 950x1300px
Is this fucker any good?
>>
>>26197230
Good on battle spot ranked, check pgl for sets and teammates
>>
>>26197230
Tied with Cloyster, it is the best Skill Link user.
>>
File: Heracross-mega.gif (279KB, 111x111px) Image search: [Google]
Heracross-mega.gif
279KB, 111x111px
I use it all the time. Invest in speed and attack, and have a solid tailwind or sticky web setup and it can sweep entire teams. It's fucking awesome.
>>
In a world without Brabest Birb, it would be pretty great. Sadly, GF thinks Bugs only needed to be good for one generation.
>>
>>26197230
>>26197368
what an ugly piece of turd
>>
>>26197340
>Tied with Cloyster
Why lie tho? It's good but not as good as Cloyster.
>>
>>26197448
Both cloyster and heracross can't do dick unless you have proper setup, so yeah, I'd say that's a fair comparison
>>
>>26197448
Cloyster is pretty shit in OU m8. Mega Heracross on the other hand is a really good wallbreaker, albeit it needs a good bit of team support and brave bird exists
SubSD set best set desu
Before the baton pass ban I used it in monotype, after a boost it pretty much just instawon
>>
>>26197416
>inb4 Muh Talonflame makes Megacross invalid

Smogonbird is so easy to counter, just throw out some stealth cocks or bring a rock type like tyranitar
>>
Op here. So in a bug team with pinsir it would be better just to mega pinsir instead?
>>
>>26197692
Yes.
>>
>>26197692
God yes. Regular Cross is actually a lot more adaptable than Megacross. Less bulky, and takes more set-up to hit the same levels of power, but the usefulness of things like Scarf-Moxiecross or Band/Flame Orb-Gutscross cannot be underestimated.
>>
>>26197692
what >>26197813 said, and the fact that regular Pinsir is unviable, making the mega worthwhile over Mega Scizor or Mega Heracross whose base forms are perfectly fine.
>>
>>26197692

monotype bug, definitely mega pinsir. Mega beedrill is too frail, mega scizor isn't THAT much better than normal to justify the mega slot, and mega heracross' bulk is nice, but on a monobug team, since they all share similar weaknesses and bugs are rarely bulky, you need to be fast and powerful
>>
Op again. I knew beedrill was always frail but had hoped it's mega would help it stay in longer. Oh well. Basically, I'm training myself to actually be decent in competative, and a lot of the best strategies are lost to me. However, I feel I'm a quick learner and the only thing I really must figure out is breeding those goddamn IVS. So with this bug team I'm really just figuring out good combos and such. Which I thank you all for.
>>
>>26198017

Are you playing smogon ruled, or just in general? If you aren't playing smogon rules you HAVE to focus all of your efforts on talonflame.

My only solution was an impish, max hp, max defense crustle, which works very well against talonflame, but unfortunately isn't that useful otherwise besides setting up rocks or something.

Unfortunately talonflame completely centralizes any monotype team that has a flying weakness
>>
>>26198064
I have a rounded team of 6, but need bugs for battle box to choose from. I'll toss Crusty in there specifically for bravburd. I understand how much of an overkill faggot he is.
>>
>>26197536

>defog exists
>magic bounce exists
>rapid spin exists

wow that was tough
>>
File: 20160507_184214.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20160507_184214.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
Fucking finally. Flame orb swords dance?
>>
>>26198364

That's a pretty garbo attack IV dude. Is it at least adamant (or even jolly) to make up for that?
>>
>>26198416
How can you tell it's values? Did you go use a calculator? And yes, it is adamant. Thought the red text on the pic was visible enough.
>>
>>26198364
If you're going fucking Adamant Guts, you don't need SD. You honestly should have gone Jolly, but if you're going full powerhouse, get a Band, four attacking moves, and predict a swap into a WoW or Toxic.
>>
>>26198486

7 is a bad roll for level 1 attack. If it has 14 by level 3 you're probably ok but if it has 13 your IV is on the low end.
>>
>>26198582
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind for when I feel confident enough to actually compete.
>>
>>26198522
Because without the speed to actually swing there's no point in putting the evs into atk?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.