[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Change Charizard's HA, Make him OU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Charizard reading newspaper.jpg (51KB, 558x468px) Image search: [Google]
Charizard reading newspaper.jpg
51KB, 558x468px
Solar Power is shit. What HA could Charizard have that would make it actually usable in OU or better?
Hard Mode: No Contrary.
>>
>>26193346
drought,change Y's ability to solar power
>>
>>26193346
The literally only way Charizard will in any way shape or form be even close to OU's *BL* is if Stealth Rock healed rock types and flying types and stacked to make them heal Fire/Flying types even more.
>>
>>26193385
>implying there are no manner of getting rid of sneaky pebbles

Sub1200 shitter detected.
>>
>>26193394
>wasting one entire turn just to switch in your Karenzard when every turn matters
>>
>>26193396
Who said anything about that at all?

May as well have said
>switching pokemon, ever
>not running a solo mon instead of a team
>>
>>26193346
Huge/Pure Power are the most obvious, but those aren't interesting or creative.

Simple would work good, one dragon Dance and you're a monster, the equivalent of a Shell Smash but without the drawback. Would probably at least get it to BL.

Shadow Tag would be a lot of fun on it (trap a Ferrothorn, kill it with Flamethrower, one less wall to worry about when sweeping), but that's banned in OU now. You could still do Magnet Pull, though. lol, Charizard made of magnets. Arena trap could do it too.

You could do No Guard and get accurate Inferno and Focus Blast. That would surely have a niche somewhere, just slap a scarf on it and spread burns with Inferno.

Desolate Land could give it a niche, I'm sure, but I don't know whayt. Maybe countering Keldeo sicne Desolate Land makes it immune to Scald and it resists Secret Sword anyway? Might work against Manaphy too, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>26193403
I mean, instead of building your entire team around a hazard clearing mon and bothering to clear the pebbles so your zard doesn't take 128x damage from stepping on gravel, you can use a more useful Pokemon.
>>
>>26193418
>Getting rid of sneaky pebbles
>Only beneficial to charizard

You're right. I should just let sneaky pebbles fuck any fire, flying, bug or ice type pokemon I happen to run, right? Who uses those types anyway? They have such shit mons and stats.
>>
>>26193436
If they're not shit, sure.

I'm just saying there are literally zero circumstances in which using a (non-M) Charizard would be a net positive for your team.
>>
Gale Wings.
>>
>>26193573
Sorry, bro. Charizard can't learn Brave Bird. Or Hurricane... or Dragon Ascent, Aeroblast, Oblivion wing, or even fucking Drill Peck. No remotely useful Flying moves at all! Strongest Flying move it learns is Air Slash. How the hell is priority Air Slash going to make Charizard OU with Priority air Slash? You can't even do Paraflinching since it doesn't get Thunder Waver or Glare!
>>
>>26193638
Give him Brave Bird :^)
>>
>>26193346
How has no one pointed out Zard has 2 megas that make it OU?
>>
>>26193573
It gets air slash and acrobatics. It could be interesting as a pseudo sableye with will o wisp and roost. Probs uu, though.
>>
>>26193652
The megas are barely usable and only if your team synergizes around that niche. Zard X is unusable shit on its own and Zard Y is a unique niche with too many hard counters.
>>
>>26193652
Megas are such a different animal they are all tiered differently; Charizard is NU, while the Megas are OU. I can see, in the future, a case where a Pokémon has two Megas with different tiers.
>>
>>26193346
Huge Power
>>
>>26193418
>Building around a hazard clearer

Are you retarded? You build around one or two mons and the rest of your team is meant to support them. In this case You'd build around Charizard, not some fucking hazard clearer. Sure, you'd use one, but you're not building around one you fucking moron
>>
>>
>>26193638

It gets acro
It gets Sword Dance
It gets Belly drum

Pick and choose
>>
>>26193938
It's very obvious you haven't made it past 1200
>>
>>26193938
>The megas are barely usable

>Charizard X
>Gets A+ rank on Smogon OU viability (only below Clefable, Keldeo and Tornadorus-T)

>Charizard-Y
>A rank

You're really just spewing out words aren't you?
>>
>>26193346
>Charizard gets 2 powerful Megas and a usable HA and Charizardfags still complain
You don't even realize how good you have it.
>>
>>26193346
>solar power
>shit

Daily reminder that a modest, specs HA Charizard can OHKO a Groudon with Overheat.
>>
>>26193739
Unlike sableye, who only has 1 weakness, Charizard is hit SE by shitloads of stuff. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good as Sableye.
>>
>>26193938
>Zard Y is a unique niche with too many hard counters.
It has only like 3 switch ins
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.