[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True Pokémon fans enjoy every generation. If you dislike even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: ICSVhP3.jpg (646KB, 1200x748px) Image search: [Google]
ICSVhP3.jpg
646KB, 1200x748px
True Pokémon fans enjoy every generation. If you dislike even just one generation, you are not a true Pokémon fan.
>>
ok
>>
>>26186977
What if I dislike a single Pokemon? Because I really can't stand Jynx.
>>
>>26186977

I don't consider Gen 2 as a main part of Pokemon, because it was so terrible and just a money-grabber.
>>
>>26186995
Why can't you stand jynx?
>>
I don't hate or dislike any generation,but i find gen I extremely boring,im a "true pokemon fan"?
>>
>>26186995
Disliking a Pokémon is fine. Just not a whole generation.
>>
>>26187013
As long as you don't dislike it, it's fine. I'm not very fond of Gen 1 either, but it's important to remember it kickstarted the entire series two decades ago.
>>
File: 1462069372954.jpg (104KB, 540x551px) Image search: [Google]
1462069372954.jpg
104KB, 540x551px
While I agree, I can't help but have a least favourite. Hoenn just didn't hit the spot for me.
>>
>True Pokémon fans
No, there is no such thing. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make him a less of fan than you. I'm willing to bet that there are some aspects of Pokemon that you don't like. Do you like all of the games? All of the Pokemon? Probably not and you don't need to.
>>
>>26186977
According to your personal definition, yeah.

I like all gens anyway.
>>
>>26187024
>Stop disliking what I like: the thread
>>
>>26186977
I think they all have their strengths and weaknesses, but at the end of the day I still like all of them. Not gonna lie though, I never get particularly excited about anything that has to do with gen 4.
>>
>>26186977
A true pokemon fan blindly enjoys all the trash a company puts out in an effort to make money. Sound accurate.
>>
>>26186998
Wrong. Gen 2 was originally supposed to be the end of the series. That's why it has 16 gyms - it's a direct sequel to Gen 1.

http://www.giantbomb.com/nintendo-ds/3045-52/forums/the-pokemon-series-was-due-to-end-with-goldsilver-394079/
>>
>>26187121
Are you saying a person who blindly hates everything but gen 1 because "not muh childhood" can be called a true fan?
>>
>>26186998
This, Gen 2 was a stain on this franchise
>>
>>26186995
Dats racist senpai
>>
The only thing that determines a fan is whether or not you want to call yourself one. No other factor matters at all.
>>
>>26187456
I wouldn't go that far.
Someone who watched two seasons when they were kids and grew out of it entirely are not fans, even though many call themselves that.
>>
>>26187757
That is exactly my point. They could indeed be lying to themselves, but as long as they still want to call themselves a fan, they will.
>>
>>26187859
They're still not fans, but yes, unless we know them individually it's impossible to tell. That wasn't your point though.
>>
>>26187888
For me, perspective is everything. Nothing is true unless you believe it is so.
>>
>>26187330
>liking everything
>blind fanboy

>hating everything
>blind hater

>liking some things and disliking others
>logical

Being a "true fan" is a bullshit term to disparage people who don't share your blind loyalty.
>>
Well, it's a question I've asked myself for a long time. What exactly am I a fan of if I disagree with everything else? On one hand, certain spinoffs have not deviated from how I would see the pokemon world whatsoever. Unfortunately, everything that does possess humans in one form or another has a very serious logic flaw that rips the entire world to pieces. Such a conclusion also makes humans totally purposeless, too. The only solution would be if the humans can fight, too, and I know what you would say, and no, I looked into it. It was boring as shit. Not to mention the monsters are always better than yourself in all instances I'm aware of. Without the ability to cast spells yourself, you would have to be skilled enough to outmaneuver them or outsmart them by making their powers less useful. With the same abilities, it's more even ground. Clearly, they did not have such an even view in mind even though they claim so. I cannot help but think there is a way it can be done and that it would make sense. I am not the one to do it, though, since I cannot think that way at all. I can only do things that would result in fewer characters. Anything else, I'd be doing a random animal and element combination, which to me, would end up looking a lot like Monster Rancher with one animal having several versions that each have a different element.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.