[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is not a single, possible, plausible new type that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

The only semi-plausible options that exist are Sound and Light. There is nothing else. Please, prove me wrong.
>>
>>26180778

>Sound

Pretty fucking stupid bro
>>
Elf type
>>
>>26180778
>Sound
Taste type when?
>>
Before Sylveon was revealed, no one would have thought of fairy type.
>>
File: 54123935_p0.png (122KB, 473x591px) Image search: [Google]
54123935_p0.png
122KB, 473x591px
Space or Alien!
>>
Sound is retarded. It works better as a secondary move property.
>>
File: 1461917846557.jpg (10KB, 550x281px) Image search: [Google]
1461917846557.jpg
10KB, 550x281px
>>26180805
>>
Cosmic type for outer space pokemon who dont really display Psychic abilities despite being classes Psychic, Gas type (eh not a fan but it can work), Magic Type may be a little push but moves like Metronome and Trick can fall under it I guess.
>>
Sound is now used for Special Normal-type (Jigglypuff, Exploud, Chatot, Meloetta, Pyroar).

There are too many light-related moves and Pokemon spread across various types (Flash, Light Screen, Confuse Ray, Tail Glow, Swift, Signal Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Solar Beam, Lanturn, Ampharos, etc.) that it'd be a lot messier than the simple Normal->Fairy switch.

If both Sound and Light happened, what would you even do for Normal Special moves?
>>
*classed Psychic
>>
>>26180852
>outer space pokemon who dont really display Psychic abilities despite being classes Psychic
Examples?
>>
New type: Blood
Resists: Water, Fire, Ground, Fighting
Super effective vs: Steel, Dark,
Fighting, Fairy
Weak vs: Poison, Water, Fire, Ground

Play style:

Tanky, with lots of drains
Self inflicts status in exchange for powerful buffs
Edgy and cool
>>
>>26180874
Clefairy line is the only one that i can think of.
>>
>>26180797
>>26180805
>>26180808
>>26180835
>Proving me right

>>26180823
That's true but it doesn't distract from the rather worrying fact that no one in the entire pokémon fanbase has apparently been able to come up with one. Think about it; if there was a great new type they could add, you'd never hear the fans shut up about it.

This isn't the first time I've thought about this. I've literally failed to come up with anything. Most ideas people throw out are terrible. A few could work well for a fan game, but for one reason or another would be stupid to actually put in the real games.

>>26180830
>>26180852
These fall in the later category. Magic and..."space" are not going to happen when we already have Fairy and Psychic. It's overly redundant and those concepts don't have enough to back a whole pokédex with.
>>
>>26180874
Starmie and Deoxys dont scream Psychic type to me. Lunatone and Solrock are a strech, but them too kindve. Jirachi and the Elygem line also fit Cosmic better
>>
>>26180881
>Tanky, with lots of drains
>Self inflicts status in exchange for powerful buffs
I'm not saying it has to be blood, but a type that generally plays like this would be sweet.
>>
>>26180861
>retyping an already retyped pokémon
>retyping legendaries
That's why sound type will never be a thing.
>>
>>26180881
Thats a pretty cool concept, and it would have like a Ravaged status ailment , that works like Burn but it drops your defense instead.
>>
thinking homestuck shit here, shit like breath or heart in that style would be cool to me.

might be better for a fangame though.
>>
Angel type
Zombie type
Arachnid type
Dinosaur type
Humanoid type
Festive type
Plasma type
Yokai type
Ninja type
Mechanical type
Time type
>>
>>26180960
When people were speculating about Sylveon there was a theory about the "love" type, or emotion type of whatever. For things like Swoobat/Amomomola/Audino. It wasn't a horrible idea but we got Fairy now.
>>
>>26180968
thats sound cool. id be down for this shit.
>>
>>26180978
yeah but im thinking homestuck wise (heart is more related to soul things rather than emotion or whatever)
>>
>>26180968
Most of those are just species related.
>>
The problem with Magic is that it's not a bad idea for a type necessarily, but pokémon are already magical creatures in the first place. And when you have beings that can read minds and shoot fire, suddenly magical spells feel like something run-of-the-mill.

The only thing making Magic type stand on its own two feet are those pokémon who are specifically based on witches/wizards or similar, and that as a concept can only take you so far with pokémon designs. I think they'd quickly get samey.
>>
File: 1427604481679.jpg (15KB, 449x497px) Image search: [Google]
1427604481679.jpg
15KB, 449x497px
>>26180968
>Festive type
>>
>>26180778
some other stupid shit they can market to little girls
>>
>>26180904
>Elygem
Greys having ESP is a common theme in ayylmao stories.
>>
An easy way to come up with a new type would simply be to split up existing types. Like Rock, it got an equivalent in Ground type or Electric with Steel. Ghost with Dark and to a certain extent, although both being there from the beginning, Ice and Water.

Perhaps Fire having a more intense counterpart. Such as Solar or Fusion/Fission. Although maybe the nuclear level wouldn't sit well with Japan. Moves involving wind get lumped in with Flying types. Maybe Muk could become Gelatinous type.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.