[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Dark, Steel and Fairy were introduced in Gen 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: download.png (68KB, 273x298px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
68KB, 273x298px
ITT: Dark, Steel and Fairy were introduced in Gen 1
>>
Dark? megas doesn't count
>>
Thank god Sound, Astral, and Digital fixed the meta.
>>
>>26180235
IF they were introduced in gen 1
>>
>>26180251
Implying Megas are Birds
>>
>>26180218
Meowth line would be Dark and Gastly line would be Ghost/Dark

Steel would still be limited to Magnemite and Magneton (unless you REALLY want Blastoise)

Fairy is all those retconned from Gen VI
>>
>>26180218
Gen 1 will probably always be the only generation that didn't introduce any pokémon of a certain type.

They should've retconned Persian to be a Dark type since it's the best candidate, and used by Giovanni.
>>
Zubat and Golbat would definitely be Dark/Flying. Poison Fang didn't exist and there's pretty much nothing poisonous about them lore-wise. Gamefreak was basically using Poison as a shorthand for biological/chemical combat. Sucking blood, venom, pollution, digestive fluids, etc.

Primeape and Pinsir should've been part Dark since Gen 2 tbqh.

Chansey would be Fairy.
>>
Giovanne would have been a Dark type leader.
>>
>>26180218
>Fairy
What's the point? The only dragon is dragonite.
Man, what were they thinking when they only released ONE fucking dragon, why even make a type for that?
>>
>>26180829
>Man, what were they thinking when they only released ONE fucking dragon, why even make a type for that?
It was literally a boss type
>>
>>26180839
And what's the justification for ghost type?
>>
>>26180218
Mew is fairy type, along with all of the rest of the cute legendaries introduced between gen 1 and 6 - Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Manaphy, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Victini, and maybe Keldeo. Mewtwo is either still pure Psychic or Psychic/Fairy.

That's my main gripe with Fairy type. Unlike Dark or Steel there are so many Pokemon that would've been Fairy type had it existed when they were introduced, but since they are legendaries they never got retconned. It's just very jarring to see something like Azelf or Celebi who are very clearly based on fairies, and had they been introduced in Gen VI I can almost guarentee that they would be Fairy type, yet they're just Psychic instead because that was game-freak's go to type for cute legendaries.

>>26180829
Ghost was the same, the only ghost types in gen 1 were the Gastly line. They also only had one new pokemon each in gen 2 (Misdreavus and Kingdra). They were intended to be super powerful and rare types originally, hence why Charizard and Gyarados weren't Dragons.
>>
>>26180279
>>26180286
I always thought Arbok should've been retconned to Poison/Dark
>>
>>26180218
>dark should be super effective on psychic, but psychich types are actually immune to dark. Also, there is only one dark type attack, and that one is special, with all dark pokemon being physical
>dark types are weak to psychic
>steel is also weak against psychic, but also to rock and poison
>fairy type is strong against poison and steel and immune to fire

Ah, the wonders of Gen 1.
>>
>>26180286
>Gen 1 will probably always be the only generation that didn't introduce any pokémon of a certain type
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>26181163
I think he means the Kanto Dex will always be the only regional Dex that has 0 of one of the types. That being Dark unless you count Mega Gyarados.
>>
>>26181190
what if psychic dark mewtwo
>>
File: 1459296702486.png (68KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459296702486.png
68KB, 250x250px
>>26180765
You mean Koga
>>
>>26180245
>Astral
>Not calling it its proper name 'Cosmic'
I know you Gen IX fags were butthurt over Light and Cosmic not being a singular type like we speculated during leak season, but this is just pathetic. And "Digital" is just a fan-made name for one of the worst sub-types since Gen VIII, at least call it Cyber like they did on the German official website when Pokémon One and Zero were announced.
>>
>>26180856
I'm pretty sure Mew, Shaymin and Keldeo wouldn't be Fairy types. Shaymin and Keldeo has zero basis for being Fairy, and if Mew should be anything but Psychic it should be Normal, since it's "the ancestor to all Pokémon" and therefore all types.
>>
>>26183081
This... HA.
>>
>>26180335
Pinsir should be Bug/Fighting, just like Heracross.
>>
>>26180335
>Primape should've been dark since gen 2 tbqh
Not as sure about Bug/Dark Pinsir, though I wouldn't be against it if it happened, but the pokemon who chases anyone in a blind rage until it catches them to pulverise them into a bloody pulp absolutely deserves to be Dark.
>>
>>26180854
Its the "secret" type. Dragon is Zeromus, Ghost is Gogo the mimic.
>>
If Mismagius isn't retyped to Ghost/Fairy in Sun/Moon, or at least given a Ghost/Fairy mega evolution, I'll be a bit upset.

As one of my favorite Pokemon, I just get wicked fairy vibes from it.
>>
>>26180869
Oh yeah, I forgot about Arbok. That could've been Dark just as easily, it even has black marks unlike Persian.
>>
>>26180279
Blastiose needs a 2nd typing in all honesty. I hate that it's the only mono typed final starter evolution for 1st gen
>>
>>26184283
But no type fits Blastoise other than Water.
>>
>>26184388
Steel could work, if they were going to.
>>
>>26184283
Blastoise being a defensive pure water type is great.
>>
>>26183050
wewlape
>>
>>26184388
It can really be steel just fine. It's shell is hard as steel and it has metal cannons. It doesn't HAVE to have a second time flavor wise but Steel would suit it and be useful for it as well.
>>
>>26180829
If all three were in generation one then

>dark and steel give psychic a much needed nerf
>psychic is nerfed, poison is good
>Poison and steel keep fairy in check

I hate going back to generation one because of how crazy unbalanced it is and unchecked psychic types are
>>
>>26184551
I forgot to mention that in not sure what game freaks logic was making almost every grass type part poison. Maybe poison was a good defensive typing before they introduced psychic and so they decided to add it to guys they thought needed the extra defense. This also made ground good against all grass types except for a few

Them they ran out of time and forgot to balance, but am intern didn't get the memo about psychic types and made the gengar line poison to give it good defense. Then another intern forgot to make a good ghost move, that ghost was physical.

Then they added psychic types because they thought poison was too strong, but forgot poison was sorta ubiquitous throughout the whole game.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.