[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Sun/Moon require Pokemon Bank to transfer Pokemon from Gen 6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1461003055948.jpg (93KB, 610x844px) Image search: [Google]
1461003055948.jpg
93KB, 610x844px
Will Sun/Moon require Pokemon Bank to transfer Pokemon from Gen 6?
>>
>>26151357
It is currently unknown.

No Speculation is needed.
>>
>>26151357
Yes, in the same way with Gen 5 --> 6.
>>
>>26151357
It's possible considering the way they worded the bank transfers of RGBY mons going to Sun and Moon omits the Gen 6 games that this will be the case, but we don't know if it just means these pokemon will be locked to the new games or need to be passed to the new games first, or that the service will split between what can be juggled between XYORAS and Sun and Moon separately or what it'll mean in general. We don't know what additions will be made to Bank or even how the gen 1 transfer will be possible, so right now it's only speculation.
>>
why are you scared? its not like the bank has some wallet raping subscription cost. its pocket change even for a schoolchild.
>>
>>26151367
I'm worried because of this: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/
>Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

>>26151370
Gen 5 to 6 had an excuse of being between two different consoles, Sun and Moon will still be on the 3DS.
>>
>>26151396
>Gen 5 to 6 had an excuse of being between two different consoles
what else would they do, another pal park like 4 into 5? the bank is already in place and would require zero extra work to function as a transporter
>>
>>26151396
All new gens were trade locked (barring gen 2, which was partially capable) even on the same console (D/P/Pt/HG/SS to B/W/B2/W2). This is very likely to be the case this time around as well.

But we may get a surprise, so not ruling out the possibility of two way transfer for gen 6 legal mons. Almost guaranteed to not have direct trading though (why bother adding it when they have bank to do it for them?)
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 468x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 468x376px
>people would rather pay $200 for a second 3DS to trade than pay $5 a year for Bank
I can't believe there are human beings living in this world that are THIS retarded.
>>
>>26151428
Sadly this
>>
Bank is a fucking godsend I now don't need a second fucking 3ds to transfer my pokemon, and it's futureproof. Now they just need a way to get trade evolutions without a second player.
>>
>>26151567
>A website on the internet being futureproof
>>
>>26151357
Why would pokemon games from the same generation need pokemon bank to transfer/trade? But yeah mass transfer are easier with the bank.
>>
>>26151576
I mean being compatible with future generations smart-arse.
>>
>>26151357
Pokémon Bank is the most riskiest thing Game Freak ever did. When the handheld console that substitutes the 3DS comes out then Nintendo will shut down the Nintendo Network services meaning that the Pokémon Bank, any Pokémon left there, and Poké Transporter will stop being available to players, making Gen VI (and maybe S/M) the new Gen III.

Yeah, Nintendo WiFi Connection wasn't shut down because Nintendo wanted, but if you look closely it made more people to buy 3DS and Wii U only for the online, and it's more likely they will do on purpose this time.
>>
>>26151622
Why would Nintendo close Pokemon Bank when It was CLEARLY made as a final solution to cross-gen trading. Surely, they're just going to move it to the next console. Plus I'm pretty sure bank is ran off of private servers, not nintendo network.
>>
>>26151396
>Gen 5 to 6 had an excuse of being between two different consoles
What do you want to bet that it will be an n3ds exclusive?
>>
>>26151679
It's already confirmed that it isn't. Official websites say it will work on 2ds.
>>
>>26151567
>cloud storage with paid subscription
>futureproof
>>26151605
>implying PokeBank in the current form will outlive the 3DS family
>implying the future PokeBank will have any backward compatibility
>>
>>26151705
>$% a year
>Implying Nintendo are just going to ditch bank after literally creating it as a futureproof transfer and storage system
>>
>>26151428
I just borrow my roommate's 3DS to trade between my X and AS copies
>>
*$5 shit
>>
There will probably be a code for a free month of Pokemon Bank distributed with Sun and Moon.
>>
The only issue I have with the pokemon bank is that they wipe your bank some time after your subscription runs out, so I don't really feel like treating it like actual storage.
>>
>>26151567
The only flaw in Bank is the fact that the mons you transfer still can't hold items. Even from games of the same generation. If I want to move items from differen't games and nobody's around/awake to trade with I have to use that stupid put-shitmon-on-GTS-and-trade-with-yourself thing.
>>
>>26151622
The global link website used for the dream world still exists for the pokemileage club and since pokemon are stored in the cloud, that's like saying when the 3DS servers are shut down the Miiverse website will have to go too.

Right now GF has committed to making Bank work between generations and between hardware. There's no complete certainty to the future but nothing about bank shows it isn't prepared for these shifts in the future, just that we're unsure about these shifts in the future.
>>
>>26151793
Wait you can't do that? I swear you could. Poketransfer has that feature.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.