[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled Can we agree that Pokemon say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 3.png (666KB, 765x570px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
666KB, 765x570px
Now that the dust has settled

Can we agree that Pokemon say their names and this is canon?
>>
>>26135684
I don't have a problem with that.
The cry of Pikachu in X/Y/ORAS also confirms this.
>>
Nice try, but that Gesundheit is clearly saying "Pan."
>>
>>26135684
Does this canonically mean that the Audino in White Forest that says "Pololo"(and by extension, other Pokemon like it) is retarded?
>>
No, they sound like their cries. Fuck the ashnime.
>>
>>26135796
What anime? Those are screencaps from the canon games
>>
>>26135684
Counterexample: The Espurr overworld NPCs in XY.
>>
>>26135802
Which was influenced by the ashnime.
>>
>>26135810
Counter-counter example: Abomasnow and Mewtwo in XY
>>
So why the fuck does only Pikachu only have its proper cry? Let's hope that was a preview of things to come with S&M
>>
Would pokemon use their names for the cries if the gameboy had better sound quality?
>>
i dont see why it cant be both.

outside of battle they say their name
in battle they roar and hiss and have their cries.
>>
>>26135842
Let's hope not instead.
>>
>>26136026
Because the thought of a huge menacing beast like Hydreigon burping its own name at me just ruins the whole thing.
>>
File: 0kN2RGI.png (33KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
0kN2RGI.png
33KB, 256x192px
>>26135684
What is this Pokemon's name?
>>
>>26135815
The games came before both the anime and the manga you fucking reject
>>
>>26136098
every single one of those images comes from a gen 5 game, by this point in time the anime had been airing for 13 years or so.
>>
>>26136098
Did BW2 and HGSS? No, you fucking spanner.
>>
>>26136080
Dodogyun, obviously.
>>
>>26136080
some Pokémon say their names.
>>
>>26136111
Except even in Gen 1, there are plenty of Pokémon that say their name. The only difference is that the translators fucked up so they say their Japanese name, e.g. Jigglypuff/Purin saying "Pupu~"
>>
>>26136159
Yes.
>>
File: crying in my skin.png (324KB, 827x433px) Image search: [Google]
crying in my skin.png
324KB, 827x433px
>>26136080
I think Bishaan has a cooler design than Dodogyun.
>>
>>26136111
>>26136114
It was in RB too though. Mewtwo says "Mew!" in the cave at least.
>>
>>26136324
Good answer!

I always figured they just said their names in the English versions because its a series for kids, and it helps kids remember them all. It's also less frightening to a young audience. The ones that do still roar or whatever are usually the big intimidating mons like Legendaries.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.