[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck. Is it the Photoshop's leaf brush?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: wing.png (576KB, 1391x768px) Image search: [Google]
wing.png
576KB, 1391x768px
What the fuck. Is it the Photoshop's leaf brush?
>>
>>26132139
A few years ago I asked sugimori on twitter how he colors the pokemon art, and he told me he uses the default circle brush in photoshop

so I'm actually not surprised desu
>>
>>26132139
This art was made back in, what, 2003? 2004? Maybe Sugi thought no one would notice.
>>
>>26132139
gen 3 art has strange overlays
>>
>>26132164
That's intense. I use too many brushes.
>>
>>26132164
>>26132532
>>26132139
What are these jargons?
>>
>>26132139

Fucking lol, it is.

Wow. I mean, I know Photoshop's newer versions were pretty high end back in 2003 so it's not like a lot of people would have noticed, but still that's a pretty interesting find. I wonder if other Pokemon have obvious Photoshop effects hidden away. I can clearly tell he's used the Smudge tool on the tail for a start.
>>
>>26132583
>>26132164
How do you want them to paint them? With magic?

Of coruse they use Photoshop, fucking idiots
>>
>>26132592
B-but the japanese don't take shortcuts like that! Every image is hand-drawn and then folded thousands of times to iron out imperfections. They would never use something like photoshop, created by pig disgusting gaijans!

This is how seriously the Japanese take their art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6EknwERf3o
>>
>>26132182
And nobody probably did notice until this.
>>
>>26132592
Yes, but, that's the leaf tool, anon. It's the equivalent of gluing a bunch of actual leaves to a painting. it's silly.
>>
>>26132631
>it's silly
Only if you're a retard who uses it to draw leaves.
>>
>>26132671
This.

If you actually know what youre doing, like Sugimori clearly does, then it's just as good for a very subtle texture.
Case and point, nobody fucking knew he used that tool until 10 years later and after close analysis.

It's all just tools. If it works, there no reason not to use it.
>>
File: sun-moon-reals3.jpg (162KB, 1200x906px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-reals3.jpg
162KB, 1200x906px
>>26132592
Wait, does that mean this is finally debunked?
>>
>>26132547
Are you stupid?

Photoshop brushes.
>>
>>26132139
Wow, good catch anon. That's honestly really cute.
>>
>>26132724
this picture is starting to trigger me please do not post it.
>>
>>26132789
No shit, I think he wanted a more specific answer
>>
>>26132592
Am I autistic, or are you? Because I don't see how anyone here is questioning or condemning the use of Photoshop.
>>
>>26136842
the only 'jargon' used in the posts quoted was talking about different photoshop brushes.

circle is different from leaf, its just that simple.
>>
Seriously who the fuck cares, nobody would if you weren't so autistic that you were performing surgery on this image and had to post your findings
>>
>>26132628
>I once commissioned a genuine piece of Pokemon concept art for 20,000 Pokebucks (That's about 5 Nuggets) and have been practicing with it for weeks. I can now cut through a slab of solid Owlpost with my Pokemon Artwork.
>>
>>26136922
Artists care. It's a piece of interesting trivia. Why are you so unnecessarily angry?
>>
>>26132671
>>26132718
yup, one of my favorite texturing brushes is actually loss.jpg and nobody's noticed
>>
>>26136891
it isn't if you don't use photo shop you twat
>>
>>26137471
well shit that's clever. I learned from my proffessor another good brush for texture is a chocolate chip cookie
>>
>>26137471
can you post an example?
>>
>>26140356
Then use it
>>
>>26137471
>>yup, one of my favorite texturing brushes is actually loss.jpg
Does that mean you just like putting gaussian blurs over real life photographs?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.