[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 52-Haxorus line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Yesterday was the Chandelure line, today will be about the axe jaw Pokemon Axew, Fraxure, and Haxorus.
My thoughts: A great Dragon type Pokemon. Again, I'm no competitive player, but I during the PWT in BW2 and the few free battles I played on free battle, if you slap a Focus Sash on this thing and manage to get off one Dragon Dance, you're in for a sweep. The fact that they were the first pure Dragon family is also cool, so no 4x weaknesses.
Designwise, these Pokémon simply look cool. A nice dinosaurian design and the tusks in the shape of bladed weapons is fuck-awesome. Call it edgy but whatever, these Pokemon are described as being relatively peaceful and will only fuck your shit of you piss them off. Oh and a fun fact I just looked up: Apparently, Haxorus was the first Gen 5 Pokemon to be created/designed. Not on Bulbapedia, but if Martians wiki is trustworthy:
>Haxorus was the first Pokémon to be designed for Pokémon Black and White.

Prettyou cool, it's like a parallel to how Rhydon was the first designed Gen 1 Pokemon.
Overall, great Dragon types.
>>
It sucks.
>>
Bland. Like, a lot.
>>
The worst Dragon type.
>>
>>26132311
*best
>>
>>26131516
It's cool, I like it.
>>
I remember when images of it first hit the scene and everyone was hyped as fuck about it. You can never deny that. People thought it was the psuedo-legendary
>>
>>26132410
Its not?
>>
>>26131516
My favorite dino dragon.
>>26132431
Based Hydreigon is.
>>
>>26132431
Clearly not

psuedo
600 base stats
3 line evolution
immunity of some sort

That's what they all share but like with all patterns, parts of it are disappearing every gen. For instance, goodra did away with the idea of them being dual type
>>
File: axeface.png (318KB, 464x750px) Image search: [Google]
axeface.png
318KB, 464x750px
>>26131516
Pretty neat. It actually used to be my favorite Dragon up 'til recently when I started paying more attention to Noivern.
>>
>>26132466
Haxorus would be too strong as a Pseudo because of Dragon Dance.
>>
>>26131516
Amazing. Simple but effective concept and design
>>
>>26132494
What is salamence
what is dragonite
>>
>>26132508
They also come with a 4x to ice.
>>
>>26132525
Salamence and garchomp were banned to ubers. Tyranitar was a centralizing force. psuedos are supposed to be strong.
>>
When the blurred images came in I was expecting a mantis dragon Pokemon which seemed pretty cool at the time. Then Haxorus was revealed with mono Dragon typing and I'm just kind of indifferent with it. Ended up having Druddigon as my Gen 5 favorite Dragon instead.
>>
Why did gamefreak make it the most obvious steel/dragon typing only to cuck us?
>>
>>26132543
Only Mega Salamence got banned and Garchomp is OU, they ARE strong but with a 4x weakness to one of the most common coverage types, Haxorus already can take a Ice Beam in the same turn it uses DD, which means unless you are a strong physical wall, faster or have priority attacks in the next turn it will most likely sweep.
>>
>>26132605
salamence was banned in gen 4 and 5
garchomp was banned in gen 4 and 5
>>
They're all cool. I like them. Best Dragon line from gen V.
>Apparently, Haxorus was the first Gen 5 Pokemon to be created/designed. Not on Bulbapedia, but if Martians wiki is trustworthy:
I vaguely remember reading that it was Fraxure instead. Bulbapedo seems to agree with me but their source is dead.
>>
File: pokemon__shiny_haxorus.jpg (234KB, 924x594px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon__shiny_haxorus.jpg
234KB, 924x594px
its pretty cool, but anything i would use it for garchomp can do.

i do really like its shiny though, edge and all, but idgaf
>>
>>26132622
Wait what, why did they ban Salamence on Gen 4?
>>
>>26132697
le dd sweep
>>
>>26132657
my nigger
>>
It's a really neat concept I'd much rather see it in the spotlight than garchomp but sadly this dragon doesn't really have anything to set itself apart. No neat moves, no sick stats, no OP as fuck ability. Maybe it's mega evo will deliver some of those things
>>
Ow the edge: Dragon version
>>
>people dislike haxorus
>probably the same people who like barrel body hydreigon
/vp/ is bad
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.